[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BREAKING NEWS SNES-CD IS REAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 7

File: 91091.jpg (84KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
91091.jpg
84KB, 800x600px
The man behind the plan opened the fucker up. It's real you guys, IT'S REAL.

more images here
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/nintendo-snes-playstation-finally-uncovered-read-the-first-post-before-posting.57166/page-22#post-841824
>>
File: 91117.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
91117.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
pretty cool
>>
>>2780228
>assemblergames

Do you have a proper source that isn't a scam site?
>>
>>2780232

Elaborate. First I've heard of this accusation.
>>
>>2780232
http://hkgolden.com/articles/article.aspx?id=20279&catid=33
>>
>>2780239
He never heard of it, so it's a scam site
>>
>>2780239
>>2780241
While assemblergames might be an okay site to just dig up some info, it is run by proved scammers and hoarders so I wouldn't definitely recommend people signing up there.
>>
Just read through hkgolden's write-up, they brought up three interesting points.

1. It's been tampered with.
2. The CDROM portion is nonfunctional.
3. The OS gives a date six months after Sony and Nintendo announced the dissolution of the project.
>>
>>2780250
>he OS gives a date six months after Sony and Nintendo announced the dissolution of the project.

Could have been post dated or some party was continuing work on the project. Its not like when a company announces a project has been cancelled all work immediately stops on it. Documentation and the like still have to move forward.
>>
>>2780250
so it's a paper weight
>>
>>2780257
>4Chan
><_<

top b8
>>
>>2780259

Go look it up for yourself, scrub. By all means don't take my word for it.
>>
>>2780252
That would explain why they needed to come up with a new codename for their next project after this got shafted. PS-X actually makes sense now, it was an entirely new machine, but it was still called Play Station, so the need to differentiate both things came along.

>>2780254
Nah.
>>
>>2780252
>Its not like when a company announces a project has been cancelled all work immediately stops on it.

It actually is just like that. In fact, all work on a cancelled project typically stops before the public gets the heads-up.

Given that it's been tampered with and the OS shows that date leads me to believe that someone kept their project and tried to make it functional on their own time. That would also explain those curious Indian components, too.
>>
So what was on the cart?
>>
>>2780298
>Indian components
??
>>
>>2780302
Possibly an equivalent of this:

https://tcrf.net/SNES_Test_Program
>>
>>2780302
>>2780309
Probably is SUPPOSED to be the "CD-ROM SYSTEM" and either isn't, or doesn't work anymore.
>>
Muh tea-stained plastic!
>>
>>2780298
Maybe they also continued work on it since maybe they saw that there was a chance to spin it off into a unique Sony-only product.
>>
>>2780303
Yeah, the hkgolden article found some Indian-manufactured chips near the areas that had been fucked with.
>>
>>2780309
It was something even simpler than that. And it doesn't matter since it actually (!!) does play games.
>>
>>2780378
>tfw can't read chinese
>>
Drop photos there, please.
>>
>>2780303

das racist.
>>
I hope all the shit posters (that have been relentlessly talking out their asses about how this is a scam on the daily) feel real good about themselves right about now. Or maybe they'll join us soon to complain about how they're so insecure and jealous that they refuse to believe anything regarding this.
>>
>not just clicking "translate to english" with google chrome

Maximus Plebimus
>>
It's still in the hands of a dumbass
>>
>>2780464
Shut the the fuck up, you made this post with the sole intention of sittring shit up, YOU are the shitposter. You belong on /v/ faggot.
>>
>>2780467

>Using Google Botnet
>Ever

Topkek.
>>
>>2780471
>coding your own web browser
>>>/g/
>>
>>2780470

hello there. how's that bag of dicks taste? or are you still eating your own foot, asswipe?
>>
>>2780257
>>2780259

yeah, moot's not running the ship anymore, mate
>>
>>2780476

>thinking Chrome is the only fucking web browser in existence

You need to burn, my son. It's the only way to cleanse this world of your filth.
>>
Did anyone catch that my post about our Japanese overlord just got shitcanned by a Janny?

Now I wonder how much truth there is in what they say he did to the users of 2channel.
>>
>>2780494
not the first time someone forged evidence against the admins on 4chan. who cares, nerd? if you think it's so bad you should just leave to infinity or whatever
>>
>>2780486
pretty rude, fammie
>>
>>2780516

>not the first time someone forged evidence against the admins on 4chan.

[citation needed]
>>
>>2780520
citation is my dick in you ear, famm
>>
>>2780248
top kek kid

>>2780250
>tampered with
Well duh, they opened it. And its a protoype that would have been a work in progress. Aside from that?

>>2780464
There's been plenty of reason to be skeptical of this. Anyone who posted that it was real or fake without knowing any more than has been released the last 48 hours has been shitposting.
>>
>>2780464
Blindly swallowing unsubstantiated claims and giving e-whores clicks is much more shitposting than the reasonable assertion that the proof is in the pudding.

I can only imagine why it took 8 months for this thing to be opened or turned on and I am mildly surprised that it does seem to be legit.

Hiroshima Nagasaki only knows what those HK dudes are going to do with it from this point forward. Will be interesting if this opens up new potential for clones though.
>>
>>2780535
>a work in progress. Aside from that?
That's also quite interesting. Who was working on it after the deal was dissolved and why?
>>
>>2780468
A dumbass would've sold it to a shiteating youtuber already.
This guy even wants to dump the rom.
>>
>>2780535
>Well duh, they opened it. And its a protoype that would have been a work in progress. Aside from that?

You don't seem to understand. We're saying that it seems like someone continued work on it after the project was dropped, as evidenced by some completely awful work on the connectors (scratches, burns) and strange parts manufactured in India.

This is definitely not something that would have happened during actual development. It would have been better if whoever had worked on this not done so - now how are we supposed to know if the OS it's carrying is just a continuation of the existing OS or something added after dissolution?

I think the machine is real, I think we are looking at what, at least USED to be, the Sony/Nintendo prototype, but it's frustrating that it's been tampered with and that's a huge problem in determining what is or is not authentic about it. Now there isn't any guarantee that anything in the machine is from development or from some hare-brained mod work.
>>
>>2780228
Yo dude this is such a phony photoshop. I know because I have seen a lot of Photoshop images in my time and something about pixels. You would have to be a maroon to think this is real.
>>
I expect an apology from everyone who laughed at me when I claimed this was not only possible, but that my recently departed father modded a Playstation to be capable of this. Common sense would tell you that of course this was a thing that could happen. This is why dreamers are not the happiest of people, when they are made to put up with such scrutiny.
>>
>>2780551
Weren't they not able to load that test program?
>>
>>2780556
It hasn't been "tampered with". It is common for prototypes to have problems that need manual fixing, such as having a few extra cables manually soldered on. Hell sometimes even production units get such issues as well; Megadrive and Mega CD first run units had the main oscillator on the motherboard connected to an entire sub-board with additional logic next to the oscillator, due to board snafus.

And what strange made-in-india parts are there on the board? I don't see any on the pics; but just because you found a cap or a 74xx ic that was made outside japan, that does not mean that the unit is fake.
>>
>>2780572
>someone is roleplaying as edgar now
>>
>>2780582
Just a thought, not even the guy. But since when did Indian components in electronics even become relevant. My ill-informed perception is that Indian electronics component manufacturing as an available and reliable standard seems an odd and untimely choice compared to Chinese, Hong Kong or Taiwanese components in 1990's.

I am probably dead wrong.
>>
>>2780594
I'd just like to know exactly what in the unit was made in india, to begin with.
>>
>>2780545
We may never know. If you really want to know good place to start would be investigating how "dissolved" this deal was and who was involved in the project after that. There is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary to announce a project has been canceled but continue work on it either in hopes it can be restarted or developed into something else.

>>2780556
Oh, I do understand. That you've never developed an electronic device or apparently seen a prototype of one. And are gagging for a conspiracy. Replacing parts with whatever you have available, soldering by hand, running wires to replace missing or misrouted traces and all sorts of other "tampering" are common place when working with prototypes.
>>
>>2780563

better inform the cyber police!
>>
File: IMG_3931.jpg (1MB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3931.jpg
1MB, 1728x1152px
>>2780627
>Replacing parts with whatever you have available, soldering by hand, running wires to replace missing or misrouted traces and all sorts of other "tampering" are common place when working with prototypes.

This is correct.

Look at this for example. It's a Saturn prototype. You have replaced parts, socketed chips, manually routed traces, all over the place. Some of the 74xx chips have other chips soldered on to them.

THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM PROTOTYPES.
>>
>>2780618
POO IN LOO
O
O
I
N
L
O
O
>>
>>2780627
>or developed into something else.
Yes, I agree and that's where I'm going with this line of reasoning. Were engineers from either company working to reverse engineer the others' tech from a prototype? If stolen tech made its way into N64 or more likely Playstation maybe Nintendo COULD sue, or could HAVE anyway.

Or fuck maybe some dumbass in like 1995 tried to mod it to play burned Playstation games.

The story DID get interesting again, but I'm already pretty restrained in my excitement and expect the next chapter Summer, 2016.
>>
>>2780627
Why are you being hostile? I'm not "gagging for conspiracy," I'm just trying to ascertain whether or not this unit was worked on outside of company time and you jumping to conclusions about me is irksome. The conclusion that the unit had been tampered with is from hkgolden, who are, so far, the only source of any actual information.

>>2780597 gets the right idea by actually asking for more information, unlike you. And to answer his question, there are several microchips on there whose manufacture is Indian, which is bizarre as hell for a company like Nintendo to suddenly cheap out and put together a prototype with duct tape and baling wire.

Also, did you read the article? Not being snarky like you, because we're not dealing with workarounds or even kludges, we're talking about some seriously suspect, amateur level work on this unit which is completely incongruous with work done elsewhere.
>>
>>2780228
Does it have any graphic accelerators like Sega CD or it's just a CD drive like PCE CD was?
>>
>>2780710
>conclusion that the unit had been tampered with is from hkgolden, who are, so far, the only source of any actual information.

It was also posted on engadget.

And there is nothing to suggest that it has been tampered with.

> And to answer his question, there are several microchips on there whose manufacture is Indian, which is bizarre as hell for a company like Nintendo to suddenly cheap out and put together a prototype with duct tape and baling wire.

WHICH ONES. I've went through all the pics twice and the only chips in there, that have a country written on them, state Japan. I don't see any fucking India anywhere on the chips.
>>
>>2780737
The chips have been identified as CD ROM and audio controllers. Most of the chops come from a standard snes and are just stuck on the breadboard.
>>
>>2780464
Anyone with sense stopped giving a fuck about this the moment the guy started being an attention whore about it.
>>
>>2780750
yeah, I realize that, I just want someone to point out those mystical MADE IN INDIA ICs that this machine supposedly has. Because I can't see any of them anywhere.
>>
>>2780752

>confusing profiting and remaining discreet with being an attention whore.

ok there.
>>
>>2780707
>>2780710
>Millionths of people on /vr/ believe that in the past the console has be tampered with by extratampering beings. What it if were true? top kek kid

Not even the Anon you snarked at with your snark shit but yes, I read the "article". Not some interpretation of it, retelling of it, or google translation of it but the actual "article". I'm not a Cantonese native but I can read it damn well.

I'd ask you to go post your great knowledge on assembler but I'm betting you're one of those summerfags who got banned for shitposting this kind of shit.
>>
Well that has to be the most boring splash screen ever.
>>
How does it feel to be completely and utterly wrong, /vr/?
>>
>>2780870
Prototype
>>
Neat and all, but there will never be new hardware or software based on this.

ALTHOUGH, it would be cool if they did release this as an anniversary edition item and re-released SNES games on CD.
>>
There are claims on the cart and cd drive malfunctioning, and how is this thing working?
Did he even have it checked before plugging it in?
Maybe he fucking burnt it.
>>
I wonder how powerful this machine was.

Was it just a Sega CD for SNES?
>>
>>2780774
He kept delaying shit to string people along because he knew he had something no one else has.
>>
>>2780228
I can't believe any of you faggots even care. It'd be a lot more interesting, had there been an actual scrapped prototype game for it.
>>
>>2781190
No. The Sega CD had extra hardware, this has none.
>>
>>2781278
>This has none
So in theory any SNES can be modded to play these games?
>>
>>2781187
He spent months having people look at it before trying it and you shitlords kept bitching about how long he was taking.
>>
>>2781190
>snes games with 700mb of space

What mega epic game did we miss out on
>>
>>2781371
The world will never know.... I can only imagine how much more in depth the gems would have been though.
>>
>>2781371
The planned version of secret of mana, for one. Also its possible the isometric 3D Mario game planned to use the super FX chip may have ended up a CD game, but that may not have been in development until after this thing was killed.
>>
>>2781361

What games?

Games for the system that was never fully developed?
>>
>>2781435
It may not have been finished but secret of mana was planned to be one of the first games for it, and if I'm not mistaken it began development with the CD system in mind and had to have changes made when the hardware was axed
>>
>>2781371
Super Mario World 2 with 96.000 exits?
>>
>>2781458
Chono Trigger and Secret of Mana started out as one project for the snes cd with toriyama. Probably why the main characters looks so similar.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/588646-secret-of-mana/65153031
>>
>>2781371
Less compressed versions of Star Ocean and the first Tales game.
>>
>>2781371
Possibly a port of Xexex?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKMf4VekGaw

I mean, yeah, we eventually did get it through MAME and Salamander Portable for the PSP, but still, to think that we would have (possibly) had a port of this eye candy shooter back in the day...
>>
>>2781709
Also
>at the end, "THANKS FOR PLAYING. WE CONTINUE TO PRODUCE THE GAMES YOU LOVE. PRESENTED BY KONAMI"
>this was back in 1991
>tfw it hurts to see this message in 2015 today
>>
>>2781371
Normal snes games with CD audio
>>
>>2781837

Which brings up a rather interesting point (well, to me at least)-

In a way, I feel we got the SNES CD addon we always deserved in the form of Byuu's MSU-1 chip specification. I mean, have you seen the cool shit they're doing with that lately? 8D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AKSoDFUSKA
>>
>>2781490

In the case of Phantasia no difference would've resulted- the problem was executive meddling by Namco, not technical inability.

Star Ocean could've potentially used it to great effect though.
>>
>>2781180

The Nintendo of today would never be that cool.
>>
It's pretty much just a snes with an additional CD-ROM controller.
>>
>>2781371
Real version of Secret of Mana with all the content they wanted in the game.
>>
>>2781853

Probably still in the godforsaken halls of Squeenix somewhere as a prototype, long forgotten and unloved.
>>
>>2781371

super mario world with loading times
>>
>>2781853
you mean non-broken gameplay
>>
File: 1436505991549.jpg (39KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
1436505991549.jpg
39KB, 426x341px
so how do you guys think video gaming would be affected if sony and nintendo partnered up and made this for real?

the 5th gen was a pretty big turning point in consoles. Could you imagine if sega's only competition was sonytendo?
>>
>>2781939
Sega would have teamed up with Panasonic or Microsoft and we'd likely still see the intense Nintendo/Sega rivalry that we had pre-Dreamcast except Sega would have a better idea of how to use their hardware.
>>
>>2781939

They would've mopped the floor with Sega. The management culture had long since turned dysfunctional and toxic.
>>
>>2781939
>Could you imagine if sega's only competition was sonytendo?

Then maybe it would have been a more balanced console war, like the 16-bit were.

But it wasn't going to happen, Sony's deal included getting all profit for all the games released on the CD system. We've discussed this hypothetical scenario many many times on /vr/
>>
>>2780228
FUCKING TOLD YOU YOU PRICKS, NAYSAYERS BTFO
>>
>>2781230
You're really giving that moron too much credit.
>>
>>2782162
Come on, quit calling the guy a moron.
Just because he looks like a bro and probably gets pussy is no reason to hate him.

Hate your dad for not making you into a man, instead of making you into a lonely video game player
>>
File: 53pka9A.jpg (215KB, 672x900px) Image search: [Google]
53pka9A.jpg
215KB, 672x900px
>>2781852
Exactly. It's the only thing it could have been.

Other than reading data, there is only one other use: the SNES had the ability to let external hardware as a final step mix into sound before being output to the DAC. It could most likely play music CDs too. The only novel programming feature may have been the ability to control music playback during a game by poking at the CD-ROM controller through the expansion bus.

It was really just a Sega-CD-like SNES birthed by the unholy union of Nintendo and Sony.
>>
>>2782206

I don't hate him, or call him a moron, but I kinda felt triggered when he was like "yeah I do play classic video games!" then he showed his copy of some kinda modern FPS.
>>
>>2780494
Fuck off to your deadchan
>>
>>2781857
I wish, square was known for not bothering to keep the original assets of even its released games, like ff7-9
>>
>>2781371
>snes games with 150mb of space at best and the rest for Steelbook Audio that in gameplay doesnt loop but resets, just like all early cd based games.
>>
Bumpun
>>
>>2781842
>voice acted anime cutscenes
absolutely
DISUGSTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

who even made this
>>
>>2783497

You don't _have_ to have that, if you don't want it. Personally, I think the art is nice but the VAs are shitty (and thus will be skipping that particular option).
>>
>>2781942
You wish. SEGA actually did team up with Microsoft (hence the Windows CE on Dreamcast thing, and all those great exclusives on the Xbox)
>>
>>2782269

On second thought, you're prolly right. :/

Fuckers.
>>
>>2782254

>triggered

Just get the fuck out.
>>
>>2782258

No clue what the fuck you're on about, boyo.
>>
>>2782206
Dude likes the Dreamcast port of Unreal Tournament. He's a moron.
>>
>>2783509

You just got triggered
>>
>>2784072
>Dude likes the Dreamcast port of Unreal Tournament.

wh-what does this mean?
>>
>>2784081
That you gotta be insane or stupid to like still be playing the Dreamcast port of Unreal Tournament outside of curiosity in 2015.
>>
>>2781842
I wold like that more if it wasn't for the fact that Link speaking is blasphemy. Also the VA for Link sucks compounding the problem.

Otherwise, cool.
>tfw no sd2snes
>>
>>2784082
Oh I thought you said he LOOKS like the dreamcast port of Unreal Tournament. Kek.
>>
>>2781371
>What mega epic game did we miss out on

Road Avenger.
>>
>>2782206
>Hate your dad for not making you into a man, instead of making you into a lonely video game player

My dad is a hypocrite liar, who tried pressuring my sister into giving him money, and when that did not work, he stole their entire cd/vinyl/dvd collection (that was 20 years in the making).
>>
>>2784482
nice blog post. no one gives a shit
>>
>>2781371
>What mega epic game did we miss out on
None. Any worth giving a shit about got made on the PSX.
>>
>>2782317
>Steelbook Audio
>Steelbook
fucking
>Steelbook
>>
>>2784482
Sorry about your dad anon.

>>2784671
Fuck off psychopath, he didn't reply to you nignog
>>
>>2781432
Miyamoto already said there was never a plan to use the FX chip to make a mario game.
>>
This place feels more and more like /v/ everyday.
>>
>>2784960
Why don't you go back there you fucking faggot.
>>
>>2785060
Already am there.
Can you even read?
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.