[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vr/ Gauntlet: 16-bit Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: thread.png (17KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
thread.png
17KB, 512x480px
Welcome to the Retro Game Gauntlet, gentlemen. On this special winter edition we will be doing 16-bit consoles and arcade systems.

Work through in the following order:
SNES
Megadrive/Genesis
Turbografx16 (Optional)
NeoGeo
MAME (Optional)

You have three days to complete the game without assistance (each game gets three days, though RPGs are allowed a week due to length).

Select your system here:
http://s3kr.it/gauntlet.html

You can also do it manually if you don't trust the random number generator:
http://s3kr.it/systems/

Rules:
1) Savestates are allowed ONLY for the purpose of taking screenshots and ONLY if your emulator/game in question does not have a pause function.
2) Rerolls are allowed under the following conditions:
-The game you get requires some sort of hardware functionality that cannot be accurately emulated to complete (eg, Boktai)
-The game would otherwise require cheats, hacks, or alteration of the software to complete due to a bug (eg, Cheetahmen II)
For games that have a high score or no end, the rule is
>if no high score has been established, set a goal and beat it
>if you.re playing something another anon already has a high score on, beat their high score
>if you are playing extended rpgs/pokemon/whatever you get a week (Depending on the game: needs to be asked in thread)

AND BRING ME SCREENSHOTS PARKER

IRC channel: #gauntlet on irc.rizon.net (Mibbit link on site)

NEW RULES/GUIDELINES TO POSTING IN THE GAUNTLET THREADS:

-Do not post screenshots every other screen, make them few and meaningful
-Do not start a new thread before current one bump limit is exceeded
>>
File: x-Caliber.png (46KB, 555x470px) Image search: [Google]
x-Caliber.png
46KB, 555x470px
Got X-Kaliber 2097. Really digging the game and the backgrounds although its not a genre i normally like.
Just beat LVL1 boss and starting LVL2
>>
File: x-kaliber_annoying_boss.png (42KB, 835x676px) Image search: [Google]
x-kaliber_annoying_boss.png
42KB, 835x676px
>>2778409
Really hating the first real boss. The first one was just a mini boss as there are separate boss battles wtih a counter.
This guy is so annoying. Blocks whenever I press any attack button and if i try my ranged attack he just jumps over it and proceeds to attack me while im stuck in that stupid animation. Also he just keeps slashing is sword wich has more range than any of my non-ranged attacks
im not sure its possible to win this at all since he blocks like 99% of what i do and theres no chip damage so that i could still win by doing that
>>
File: fjck.png (4KB, 499x162px) Image search: [Google]
fjck.png
4KB, 499x162px
Bullshit
>>
>>2778690
So I played it and it's not as horrendous as the NES Barbie game, but it's stupidly simple. Basically a memorization game with a runner in between levels.
>>
>>2778794
If this got you in the mood for Barbie, try out Magic Genie Adventure, the soundtrack is pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks8Rqe8manQ

>>2778370
>/vr/ Gauntlet

>2) Rerolls are allowed under the following conditions:
>-The game you get requires some sort of hardware functionality that cannot be accurately emulated to complete (eg, Boktai)

>/vr/
>Boktai

I got Monstania, normaly I'd reroll since I don't want to play a long game, but according to wikipedia it's short for it's genre. we'll see.
>>
>>2778415
I dunno what your problem is anon, I've never played this game before but I just waxed that guy without taking a single hit on my first try.

All I used was L/R and X. It was very simple.
>>
>>2778828
Nice b'awwwwtism. Go ahead and name something to replace it then, faggot.
>>
>>2778851
Now the minigun/chainsaw fuck on the 2nd level, he brings it a bit harder.
>>
Can you play PS1 games on PSP?
>>
>>2778854
Not him, but Kirby Tilt and Tumble.
>>
>>2779552
>Can you play PS1 games on PSP?
For this gauntlet or in general. In general yes.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.