[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XRGB Mini

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

So what are the cons to using this thing? Any noticeable lag?

I'm in the market for a BVM but I'm thinking more long term and I'm not sure what a good hour usage is. Anyone have the XRGB Mini and knows if it works well?
>>
Depends what you want.

The mini is for 720p or 1080p with or without scanlines. Will give you perfect picture.quality. Just make sure to get good jp21 cables or converter.

Has like 22ms of lag which is good. The bad is it drops signal with 240p-480i transitions. You'd need to use the other Micomsoft scalers to get around that.

Oh and if you're EU you need a stepdown or new power supply I believe.
>>
>>2777895

Drops signal with 240p-480i transitions? Wha?

Sorry.
>>
>>2777908
Some games will switch between 240p and 480i for cut scenes or menus. Those games the TV will go black for a good 5-10 seconds every time with the mini.
>>
>>2777910

So for say, Final Fantasy VII I'd need scalers added on to that?

Jesus...
>>
>>2777913
No.
>>
>>2777884
I've had mine for about a year, and I'd say that while the 240p-480i switching is annoying, with the update released a while back made that issue more manageable.

Lag isn't that bad either if there is any, however that has more to do with your display than the device.

Scanlines over 1080p and profiles for your consoles is also a plus. Which means you don't need to worry too much about setting up your systems, as you can download other people's profiles and load them on an SD card.
>>
>>2778932
Yeah, I've heard that the latest update reduced it to 1-2 seconds, before it was 6-8 seconds to switch. It is still not fully compatible with some signals however, for example Sonic 2 split screen will lock it up.

Also, lag is reduced either way because your TV now gets straight unfiltered hdmi signal, it doesn't need to do deinterlacing and upscaling on its own (which all TVs do extremely poorly).

The only reason I'd want to get a mini is to have sharper graphics and no deinterlacing for 240p content. I've been comparing emulators to how consoles look on my TV, and those two are my biggest problems. I don't even need scanlines.

Would be nice if the mini could add an aperture grille filter too, I have one set up in mame and it looks ridiculously good. And that's without hlsl filters.
>>
>>2777884
DUDE. Get the BVM first. Now! The xrgb mini will be available much longer that working units of these wonderful tubes. And believe me, playing on a tube monitor like CRT ist much more like back in the days. You can still get the xrgb later but get the BVM first.
>>
>>2779012
>professional monitor
>like back in the days
>>
>>2779058
>65" 4K SUHD CURVED OLED with a framemeister
>like back in the days
>>
>>2779061
No one is saying it was.
You're the one with the retarded opinion about a BVM and a consumer TV from the 90s.
>>
>>2779081
a BVM is still more related to a consumer CRT than it is to anything LCD, LED, OLEDish .. but i guess we'll have to trust your "jelly about my BVM" opinion, faggot!
>>
>>2779116
I'm not jelly about anything. XRGBs give me a better picture free of geometry issues and other CRT quirks.

BVMs look nothing like a 90s consumer CRT.
>>
>>2779061
>>2779081
>I'm right if I get mad enough
>>
>>2779118
modern TVs look even less like oldschool CRTs.
BVMs look like CRTs on steroids. Higher res, RGB quality. It 's like an amplified version of what the 90s an their console where about. Modern TVs + XRGB = "hey look i can make my old console look like an emulator!" Faaaag.. And yes calling my opinion retarted makes me angry. And you a fag.
>>
>>2779131
Try sticking to reddit.

And nobody is saying LCDs look like CRTs.
>>
>>2779061
>SHUD
>OLED
>Same tv
Bullshit kid fuck off
>>
>>2779134
try sticking to your butt
>>
File: kidfinger.jpg (21KB, 450x302px) Image search: [Google]
kidfinger.jpg
21KB, 450x302px
>>2779142
>>
>>2777895

I bought one from SolarisJapan it does come with a multi-region power supply, but you need a get UK or EU plug for it
>>
>>2779134
>>2779142
"oh shit i'm out of ammo"

fags.
>>
I have a question. Is there a comprehensive list of what tvs have the least lag while using the RGB mini?

On the video on RetroRGB, the guy managed to find a tv with 0.3 frames of lag. I can most definitely deal with that if I can find it! I am in the market for a BVM, but I don't see how its feasible. I'll snatch one up if I happen to well, happen upon one and the deal is irresistible. The risk of ordering off Ebay is too great and the odds of me finding one in Asheville, NC that is to my liking are okay at best.

By chance, my longtime SNES was a 1Chip, so I'll be able to get some long overdue RGB usage going with the XRGB mini until I stumble upon a BVM.
>>
>>2779667
From the CRT thread.

What Country you in?
>>
>>2779672

US
>>
>>2779674
see CRT thread.
>>
>>2779672
>>2779674
>>2779676
well that sure was a pointless exchange
>>
>>2779667
displaylag.com
>>
>>2779875
That site fudges a lot. Good for a general idea on most sets though.
>>
>>2779918
what does it "fudge" exactly? not calling you a liar, actually want to know what

in general, it's good for getting an idea of which monitors have the lowest latency.
>>
>>2779948
Read their faq
>>
>>2779980
I have.

what do they fudge?
>>
>>2780038
Read it better.
>>
/vr/ proves its value yet again
>>
>>2780057
Can't be bothered to spoon feed shit all the time.
>>
>>2780057
This is the time of the day when the trolls get up.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.