[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES Label Cleaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 20151103_182749.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151103_182749.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Well, I got burned. Bought New Horizons for $20 from half.ebay.com with a description stating, "Cart in very, very good condition. Art too!" Couldn't beat that price and I've been looking for the game for some time so I grabbed it.

As you can see, the label is a far cry from very, very good. There's some tearing on the top which is unsalvageable of course, but there's also some kind of sticker residue you can see on the front. What's the best method the carefully remove this? It's definitely from some old sticker that was ripped off. Of course I'm keeping it, gotta live with my mistakes, and I'm already knee deep in my first voyage anyway. Just checking to see if I can fix it up a little. Thanks in advance, guys. Fantastic game by the way.
>>
for removing sticky residue a little bit of lighter fluid works wonders. just don't let it seep through or the entire label will slide right off.
>>
I got some sticky crap off of the back of an NES cart where the caution label was by spraying some Goo Gone on a paper towel and rubbing the sticky stuff off. The regular caution label is still on there.
>>
>>2775894
I'm going to assume its not laminated any more?

If its still laminated then you can wipe it down easily.

If its not laminated you have to be incredibly careful. You can easily cause the labels ink to run. I would recommend not even bothering.

Best bet is just to message the seller and try and get a partial refund for it not being in the stated condition.

I've heard of people using packing tape to re-laminate but thats just going to lock it into its current state.
>>
>>2775912
Yeah, part of the laminate is gone on the top part of the label, extending a little bit down onto the top right of the face. I'm thinking of trying what >>2775909 said for that long strip of goo along the face. Perhaps I will leave it as is, though, I just wanted to play the game.

Seller definitely covered his ass, too. The condition listing was "aacceptable" and it was my own mistake for falling for his lies in the comments. I don't leave seller reviews, anyway.

Any of you guys played New Horizons, though? I'm currently living the trader's life and documenting which ports specialize in what with Joao. Slowly building some funds to build a bigger fleet and do some pirate hunting. The music is something else, man.
>>
>>2775894
Rubbing alcohol and a qtip, just don't scrub hard on the label itself or you'll begin to remove the original ink
>>
>>2775927
Listening condition doesn't mean shit.

Acceptable is what you are supposed to use for loose carts.

Message him and tell him you aren't happy with the condition.
>>
>>2775949
Yeah sure, I could, but what's getting pissy with the guy going to solve? I'm sure he'll just ask to have the game returned for a refund.
>>
>>2776128
And you'll have to pay for the return shipping to boot. Not worth it.
>>
File: IIsGZ7G.jpg (154KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IIsGZ7G.jpg
154KB, 1200x1600px
Get a repro label - they're great, don't let anyone tell you otherwise :D
>>
File: mariokart.jpg (460KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mariokart.jpg
460KB, 1024x768px
If your Super Mario Kart label looked like this... Would you print a new one from a vector file or just leave it as is?
>>
>>2777045

I'd only attempt it if i could find a decent glossy print paper first.
>>
>>2776954
BS
>>
File: diylabel.jpg (451KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
diylabel.jpg
451KB, 1024x768px
>>2777045

I went through with it. Huge improvement in my opinion, and it's for personal collection only. Not for resale or anything shady. Laser printed on adhesive paper and "laminated" it with clear packing tape. Rubbed a credit card on top to release any air bubbles. OCD kids out there can suffer all you want, but this shit looks much better now.
>>
>>2779628
I think you made the right choice. I cleaned what I could off the New Horizons cart but I'll leave it as is since I just want to keep and play it. So much replay value I doubt I'll ever want to get rid of it.
>>
>>2779628
Where do you get high quality labels? When I google them I always find crap and end up with Photoshop open reprinting 2-3 times trying to fix them
>>
>>2781979

I got lucky since I needed one for a rather common game, but I found it at some portuguese site via google. Here you go..

http://www.sneslabels.com/2012/06/super-mario-kart-japonesa.html
>>
>>2782179

...and I'll just add that the measurements you want for a SNES label are 83mm x 44mm... some people will say 82x43, but the originals are a bit larger than that.
>>
>>2775894

A bit of rubbing alcohol on a q-tip should get the resdue off. If the label starts to peel off, you can use a tiny amount of glue from a glue-stick to get it looking good as new.
>>
>>2779628

Now clean up the dirty plastic.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.