[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to find a good way to play FF6. >Roms are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: Final_Fantasy_VI.jpg (34KB, 478x264px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VI.jpg
34KB, 478x264px
Why is it so hard to find a good way to play FF6.
>Roms are too choppy
>PS version has lag
>GBA version has bad music
>GBA hack too complicated
I JUST WANT TO PLAY IT DAMN IT
>>
Play the SNES version.

How is that hard?
>>
>>2775369
You must have one god-awful PC if it can't handle a SNES emulator.
>>
>>2775369
pretty sure theres a prehacked gba rom floating around. Also in the time it took to make the post you could have patched the gba rom.
>>
>>2775369
>>Roms are too choppy
Are you trying to actually run it on a toaster or something?

SNES version is best, ROM or cart doesn't matter.
>>
http://fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/ff6downloads.htm
>>
>Complaining about this.
You're new to JRPGs, huh?
>>
>>2775369
Play the GBA ROM that has the SNES music patched back in.
>>
>>2775369
Download the SNES version. Patch it with Woolsey Uncensored Edtion:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386/

Enjoy!
>>
>>2776327
This is what I'm doing right now. Best way to play the game hands down. Loving every minute of it.
>>
>>2775369

Hate to say it but I am really enjoying it on my iPhone.
>>
FF6 isn't that good anyway. You won't miss much by skipping it.
>>
>>2775369
>Choppy SNES emulation in 2015
>Unable to patch a GBA game any year
Please leave.
>>
>>2775369
There's a sound patch for the gba version. That's the best version imo. Has a monster codex, faster movement, a bunch of extras and a pretty good translation.
>>
>>2775369
>Roms are too choppy

Upgrade your toaster?
>>
>tfw there is no good version of FF4 in english
>official translation is shit
>fan translations are more different shit
>>
>>2776436
It's censored
>>
>>2776402
Fuck off
>>
>>2775369
>Roms are too choppy
If your PC can run a web browser capable of posting on 4chan you can run an inaccurate SNES emulator smoothly. Fix your settings and stop letting Windows run a whole bunch of shit in the background.
>>
Is it me or does the game start a bit slow? I just got to the first town after the castle burrowed and we went through the cave and not much has happened yet gameplay-wise. Do the cutscenes stop soon?
>>
>>2776487
>Do the cutscenes stop soon?
Ho ho ho. Welcome to Final Fantasy.
No.
>>
File: CS8uGmxUsAAL7Fu.jpg large.jpg (77KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
CS8uGmxUsAAL7Fu.jpg large.jpg
77KB, 1024x682px
>>2776487
>Is it me or does the JRPG start a bit slow?
oh anon you're a funny guy
>>
>>2776438
PSP version is pretty good, but the look is pretty different from the SNES version.
>>
>>2776446
It's really unnoticeable. The translation is more accurate to the Japanese version than the other versions, and there's maybe like one esper sprite that is slightly censored? I never used esper summons anyways.

But if you want the original experience I suppose the only way is to play the Japanese super famicom version with translation patch. Or learn Japanese.
>>
>>2776521
>>2776526

six is by far the worst with this though
>>
>>2776545

You're not going to believe this, but there's even a little ROM-patching magic to revert this back to the original, if I remember correctly.

Final Fantasy really does get all the ROM hacking RPG love. :(
>>
>>2776563

Are you nuts? The PSX titles take it up to eleven..... 0-o
>>
>>2776579
>ff7
a solid 15+ minutes of action right at the start
>ff8
a couple minutes of talking then you can wander around or go right to the fire cavern

can't remember with 9, probably worse than those two though
>>
>>2776563
Man, not even close. 9 and 10 are so much worse in the endless cutscene where's muh gameplay at department. And that's only venturing slightly outside retro territory, they've done it so much harder.
>>
>>2776587

VII isn't too bad, but you're either forgetting or blatantly ignoring the big, huge, long, unnecessarily melodramatic cutscene at the very beginning of VIII. Just because they tried to pass it off as the demo doesn't mean it isn't "Yet Another Fucking FMV".
>>
>>2775369
Protip: Buy the game and play it on a real console.
>>
>>2775385
>Are you trying to actually run it on a toaster or something?

If he uses bsnes/higan/whatever it is called now, then he'd actually need a high end CPU.
>>
>>2776487
If you want a Final Fantasy game with actual gameplay instead of cutscenes and DRAMA, then you should be playing FF V instead of FF VI.
>>
>emulate SNES version
>buy SNES version on Wii VC
>play PSX version and deal with load times
Pick one
>>
>>2776693
Why would someone do that though unless they have a high end PC? Also he's talking about emulating the GBA one as well which has spottier emulation than SNES.
>>
>>2775378
snes version has a shitty english script
>>
>>2776901
As opposed to the others which are masterpieces?
>>
>>2776915

As opposed to the others which are better. Obviously.
>>
>>2776901
Woolsey script is great. It's even better than the original Japanese script in a lot of places.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>2776901
>not liking "Son of a submariner!"
>>
>>2775369
>GBA version has bad music

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/657/
>>
>>2776693

Bullshit. The fast/mid versions still run fine on toasters. Only the super-accurate version might slow down.
>>
File: get.jpg (66KB, 600x898px) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
66KB, 600x898px
>>2776901

>hating on Woosley

Whatever dude.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.