[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man, this game is really something. I don't know if I like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: King's_Knight_Screenshot1.jpg (61KB, 256x352px) Image search: [Google]
King's_Knight_Screenshot1.jpg
61KB, 256x352px
Man, this game is really something. I don't know if I like it or dislike it to be honest. It seems really interesting but also really flawed.

What do you all think of it? Did it ever get sequels or other releases?
>>
Just play the good konami game on the MSX this one ripped off Knightmare
>>
>>2772121
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFglKPvQmN4

Looks way more forgiving than King's Knight. That game doesn't pull punches.

Incidentally, not surprised to see it's a copy, Squaresoft seemed big on copying other company's games, at least until they released Final Fantasy and finally got some new ideas to fill their sails.
>>
>>2772150
yah that one, its not that great but better than kings knight
>>
>>2772150
>>2772206

Were any other games like this ever made? Vert shooters obviously continued, but fantasy RPG/vert shooter hybrids? Despite its cruelty I actually kind of like King's Knight, and I'd like to see another attempt made at that kind of game (or perhaps I would make it myself).
>>
>>2772223
Elemental Master on the genesis?
>>
>>2772223
Fray
>>
>>2772223
undeadline, twinkle tale
>>
>>2772112
Square was known to make shitty clones from rad racer (aka highway star) to 3D world runner (aka JJ)
>>
>>2772223
Not as rare a combination ad you'd think.
>>
lt's shit.

Like this anon
>>2772121
said, it's a bad clone of a much, much better game. The design is terribly unfun and intentionally unfair in order to try and make the game last longer. Its multi-character system seems interesting, but it's useless nonsense in practice.
>>
>>2772894
I thought rad racer was an outrun clone. You're telling me it was actually a Deep Purple clone? Man, square before FF was a weird company.
>>
>>2773125
I don't really understand the multiple characters either to be honest, did they ever interact? Far as I could tell, it was just a way to divide your progress in four and make the game take way longer.

I thought the jumping onto mountains/buildings thing was neat, but it didn't seem like it had much of a purpose. Also, some of the points are basically memorization, but unlike other scrolling shooters that I've played, it kills you and then new character. No chance to keep going and see what's past it, or to check what the right path would be.

I'd like to see a new sequel, I think it's a concept that warrants further exploration.
>>
>>2772894
Funny how even FF is a shitty clone of DQ.
>>
>>2773643
Though to be fair, you could just as well say that both are clones of Ultima with mixtures of Wizardry thrown in.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.