[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

N64 Emulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: 1446278377799[1].jpg (165KB, 793x591px) Image search: [Google]
1446278377799[1].jpg
165KB, 793x591px
GLideN64 is making some dramatic leaps. Copying auxiliary framebuffers to RDRAM helps fix everything from Pokemon Snap detection to Top Gear Hyper Bike's terrain. Even Vigilante 8's menus are working better now, though they're far from perfect. The horizontal wipes in Mario Tennis have never worked in any plugin besides Angrylion's until now.
>>
>>2769634
Pokemon Snap works? That's big. I was pretty irate when I found out that you could play through 80% of the game but it's actually unbeatable on an emulator.
>>
>>2769643
>>>/v/
>>
>>2769642
>Pokemon Snap works?
It detects Pokemon thanks to new auxiliary buffer emulation. The part where the pictures are evaluated doesn't work currently on GLideN64 due to broken depth buffer, but it ironically does work on Glide64 and Jabo and so on.

I will point out, however, that it's not all peaches and sunshine. Copying auxiliary buffers to RDRAM is a somewhat significant performance overhead.
>>
yeah but where do i find all the rahms
>>
I have original snap here. I want to play on emulator and play in 4k graphics. is it possible?
>>
>>2769634
Isn't GLide an Android Emulator?

...So in other words, it's fucking pointless?
>>
>>2770684
https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=no-intro+internet+archive
>>
>>2770784
>Isn't GLide an Android Emulator?
>...So in other words, it's fucking pointless?
Whatever gave you that idea? GLideN64 is a plugin for N64 emulators such as mupen64plus and PJ64 and 1964. It also has a mobile version that runs on OpenGL ES.
>>
Is it better than P64?
>>
>>2771072
yes
>>
File: Zelda-1920x480_ntsc_native.png (2MB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda-1920x480_ntsc_native.png
2MB, 1920x960px
topic related
>>
>>2771087
This is how it was meant to be played!
>>
File: al computer pensieroso.png (70KB, 390x376px) Image search: [Google]
al computer pensieroso.png
70KB, 390x376px
>>2771087
>1920x960

im confused, what kind of television in the 90s was soo big...
>>
Anyone got any tips for running N64 games on a potato computer? With Glide64 Final (textures settings set to best perfomance mode) in 1964 I can get OoT working at almost full speed (stutters a bit here and there), but Smash Bros has a fuck ton of slow down.
>>
>>2771119
You're not the brightest in your class, eh?
>>
>>2771164
just use jabo if you don't have the power
>>
>>2771494

I've tried Jabo. It's not bad, but Glide Final still seems to work better.
>>
>>2771579
>I've tried Jabo. It's not bad
Jabo is utterly terrible.
>>
>>2771903
depends on the game. for zelda and super Mario it works. it's everything but terrible, that's an overstatement. besides this is not about what is better. everyone knows glide64/gliden64 is the superior. but for cheapskate hardware like his, jabo is more than fine! he probably configured it wrong or it's a game that emulates bad generally.
>>
>>2771087
not this asshat again
>>
>>2771974
>depends on the game. for zelda and super Mario it works.
It doesn't do noise effects and it doesn't do mipmapping. The Zelda games are riddled with problems in Jabo's plugins. Jabo's list of shortcomings is mindboggling.
>>
>>2771087
what happens when you set the fov in these games to like 360 degrees
>>
>>2772080
i've never seen a problem with jabo and zelda, you must be insane.
>>
>>2772193
Ocarinulus Rift of Time
>>
File: omg.png (438KB, 1920x300px) Image search: [Google]
omg.png
438KB, 1920x300px
>>2772193
Something unpleasant. This must be about 180°. I don't know what happens if I gow further, I will try soon...
>>
>>2772213
>i've never seen a problem with jabo and zelda, you must be insane.
You must be blind.
>>
>>2772336
or sane.
>>
File: 1445915321320.gif (112KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1445915321320.gif
112KB, 300x169px
I keep having studders when i emulate Banjo kazooie on project64 is this a known issue ?

How the fuck do i fix this ?
>>
>>2771974

>probably configured it wrong

There's really not much to configuring Jabo, so I don't know how I could have done it wrong. I genuinely think my computer is just too shitty to run SSB. As recommended here, http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_N64_Plugins I've been using Glide with best performance setting at 720x480. SSB is still pretty laggy, though OoT is definitely playable with small stutters here in there (usually when I start the game up). If you have any recommendations for me, I'd be glad to hear them (maybe there's a different core I should use? 1964 0.99 seems to work the best at the moment).
>>
>>2772080

I played through the whole OoT and am currently at MM with Jabo on PJ64 1.6. I have Glide available but switched back to Jabo because no difference at less workload. No problem whatsoever. The only thing is that is noticable is that walls are less solid, like you can see through a wall if standing directly in front and using C up, but i actually like that.
Waht big problems are you talking about, cause I don't see any.
>>
>>2775283
What version? What plugins? What hardware? What type of stutters?

Try turning on vsync or using a different graphics plugin
>>
>>2775283
Are you running an Nvidia GPU? With GLideN64? If so, you need to enable "Prefer Maximum Performance" for PJ64's exe.
>>
>>2775364
>The only thing is that is noticable is that walls are less solid, like you can see through a wall if standing directly in front and using C up, but i actually like that.
That is actually a really serious problem with Jabo's culling due to it using ancient versions of DirectX.
>>
>>2775364
It's probably things like missing effects, nothing that would make it unplayable, just not visually faithful.

Kinda like the Vanish Cap effect or the Peach portrait fading into the Bowser portrait in Mario 64. Some plugins get those things wrong, meaning they're genuine problems, but a player who is none the wiser (or who just doesn't care enough) would never stop and think "oh, this shit's broken," compared to something like Vigilante 8 or Gauntlet Legends, which are utterly broken.
>>
Can anyone give me the best emulator/plugin combo to play conkers bad fur day?
>>
>>2775965
I don't care. I just wanna play the game.
>>
>>2776321
Ok. Hence "nothing that would make it unplayable, just not visually faithful." If you don't care that it's not accurate, whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>2776000
1964 and rice video
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.