[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man, Trojan is a lot of fun. Are there any more games like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: gfs_39843_2_3.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_39843_2_3.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
Man, Trojan is a lot of fun. Are there any more games like it? I know Tiger Road and Ninja Warriors are kinda like it.

Splatterhouse and Altered Beast are also single lane beat'em ups but they feel kinda spammy and not as technical, in my opinion.
>>
>>2769175
I dunno, 3DS Shinobi maybe? I'll be honest, I haven't played any of the games in this thread except for a short spat of Altered Beast (which wasn't my cup of tea).

I ought to play Splatterhouse given the day though. Thanks for the reminder OP. Here's to you getting some good recs.
>>
Kaze Kiri
>boss fights feel like duels
>incredible presentation
>extremely fluid controls
>projectiles and close combat

Ninja Warriors (SNES)
>3 characters
>great music
>good enemy variety
>Ninja carries people

Don't forget Spartan X, X2, and Vigilante
>>
>>2769175
>Splatterhouse and Altered Beast are also single lane beat'em ups but they feel kinda spammy and not as technical, in my opinion.
>but they feel kinda spammy and not as technical, in my opinion.

Neither of the games you mentioned are "spammy" actually. Both are very methodical games that require previous knowledge in enemy placement and boss patterns if you want to play efficiently (i.e. 1cc).

Genny version of Altered Beast is so easy that you can just improvise your way through it, but the arcade version is another story.
>>
you are going to love this one m8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GSfLqJUcOM
>>
>>2770543
That's some Zelda 2 combat right there.
>>
>>2770550
I guess the difference is in how agile your main character is?
>>
>>2769175
Trojan isn't a beat'em up. It's a hack'n slash.
>>
>>2770652
It's a new genre, stab and defend.
>>
>>2770663
It's still a hack'n slash, senpai. Tons of hack'n slash games have blocking.
>>
Single lane beat'em ups are very interesting. The whole Daiku no Gensan series it that, but with a lot of platforming mixed in. Ghost Building Company on the GB is probably the best of the series we got.
>>
>>2772828
m8. daiku no gensan is a platformer with some beatemup thrown in.
>>
>>2772842
m8, I agree, but I heard a lot of people calling it a beat'em up, so I thought people looking for single lane brawlers would be happy with it.
How about Battle Zeque Den on the SFC? That's definitely a beat'em up.
>>
>>2772851
>How about Battle Zeque Den on the SFC? That's definitely a beat'em up

it is.

How about Dragon Ball Advance though?

Fuuuuuuuuck.

Let's just call them beatemup-platformers.
>>
>>2772851
>Battle Zeque Den
It's not so good.
>>
>>2772851
If you haven't played Ninja Warriors Again yet you should play it now, that's pretty much the best single-plane beat 'em up.
>>
>>2772913
if he knows about an obscure game like battle zeque den then i'm 1000% sure he already knows about ninja warriors again
>>
Fist of the North Star on NES and Master System.
>>
Konami's TMNT games on the Game Boy are pretty good.
>>
Vigilante is my choice in this style of game. I'd recommend the original arcade game and as a port the SMS version is surprinsigly good, short as fuck game tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVdNb8AvkUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAkTZ12XB8c
>>
>>2773592
>he mentions the subpar SMS version

>he doesn't mention the near arcade-perfect TG16 port

tsk

tsk
>>
Mad Stalker on the PSX is polygonal but still a fantastic lane brawler.
>>
>>2769175
This one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIJQRmdrTD0
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.