[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which is better? Tekken 3 or Tekken Tag?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: tekken_tag.jpg (64KB, 620x549px) Image search: [Google]
tekken_tag.jpg
64KB, 620x549px
So which is better? Tekken 3 or Tekken Tag?
>>
just so happens that tag has all the characters from 3 plus more
BUT 3 runs at higher resolution
VERDICT: Tekken 5
>>
Not even being a shitter here, why bother playing T3 or Tag 1 when the community has moved on to Revolution, Tag 2 and soon Tekken 7?
What's the point of playing the braindead CPU?
>>
>>2768305
>VERDICT: Tekken 5
Is the arcade emulation actually good?
>>
File: 1378255996942[1].jpg (633KB, 1600x1558px) Image search: [Google]
1378255996942[1].jpg
633KB, 1600x1558px
>>2768310
this

>>2768306
pic related
>>
>>2768306
tekken tag 1 with drunk friends and a multitap is really fun
>>
TTag was 3 on steroids
>>
>>2768306
Back to /v/, shitter.
>>
Tekken 3's soundtrack was god-tier, Tekken Tag's soundtrack was also god-tier but just wasn't as good as Tekken 3's.

In terms of actual gameplay Tekken Tag wins, the HD rerelease on PS3 is the best way to play, but it fucking made unlockables obsolete.
>>
File: Iron Man Vs Spider Man.jpg (109KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man Vs Spider Man.jpg
109KB, 1440x1080px
>>2768303
Tekken 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEf2MSzMwoc
>>
CHICKEN
>>
>>2768561
*gulp*
>>
>>2768303

Tekken a dump first thing in the morning is the best.
>>
>>2768584
So we agree you're shitposting
>>
>>2768305
Wasn't Tekken 3 an interlaced game? Doesn't that cancel it out?
>>
I think the reason question is which one was better, Tekken Force or Tekken Bowl?
>>
>>2769314
I think that Force (Tekken 3's at least) was good enough that it could have been a full-priced Streets of Rage-style Tekken spinoff (but instead we get Death By Degrees). However, I preferred Bowl overall. I think my highest score in Tag was 286.
>>
Is it worth buying Tekken 5 just so I can get the arcade ports of Tekken 1-3? I have 1 and 2 on PSN but they're the PS1 ports. I never played 3 and I don't know if I'll like 5 since I like Lili and she wasn't in until one of the later updates.
>>
>>2770053
I want to know this too
>>
Tekken 3 was an amazing game, but Tekken Tag was even better. Judging the two games based on their minigames is pretty embarrassing. Please stop.
>>
>>2769314
Neither.

Tekken Ball is the king.
>>
>>2770053
The thing is, the PS1 versions of T1 and T2 have more features than the arcade versions. Same with 3, and in that case, extra characters as well.

But Tekken 5 is well worth owning just because it is an amazing game and is on the shortlist for the most gorgeous games on PS2.
>>
>>2770053
they run in 240p and are just fine
>>
>>2770138
What kind of features? Is it that semi-beat em up thing? My PS3 broke so I can't play them now, so was wondering about getting the PS2 ones since I have that hooked up.

>>2770170
Sucks then, my HDTV can't play anything under 480. I have it hooked up to a CRT though so I can still do it, but it's less convenient. Thanks for the warning though.
>>
WEll If I had to tell anyone to play a Tekken it would 5 DR

but thats not retro so Ionno just go play Ehrgeiz or something
>>
>>2770186
You can't unlock the mid bosses in the arcade versions. I'm not sure if the arcade games had CG endings, but it's been a while. I recommend getting Tekken 5 though. The total package is incredible.
>>
>>2769387
>Death By Degrees

I play Death By Degrees with a contstant boner
>>
>>2770283
>You can't unlock the mid bosses in the arcade versions
You mean the bottom row? They're already unlocked, or if they're not you can unlock them by using the select menu. Dr Boskontovich (whatever that guy was called) and Gon are the only one missing
>>
File: Devil Stage.jpg (52KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
Devil Stage.jpg
52KB, 900x563px
I've always loved Tekken 2 over Tekken 3
>>
>>2770321
As in you're constantly horny or that you're actually using your dick to push buttons and shit?
>>
How do you combo in Tekken 2? It's a very slow game.
>>
>>2770940

Specially if you are playing the horrible PAL version
>>
>>2770808
horny because of the main characters
>>
>>2770763
Me too, I don't know maybe the gameplay itself was better in 3 (can't really compare since I was still a kid when I got it) but T2 had this weird, trippy music and stages. Everybody is crazy for T3 soundtrack but I always like T2's over it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-W7MTjiYUs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya8Wf26k47M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNO67Z9bckw
>>
>>2774139
*preferred
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.