[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

the RGB chequerboard effect woes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: DSC06503.jpg (45KB, 448x336px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DSC06503.jpg
45KB, 448x336px
Ill stick to PS1 troubles for now, when i hooked up my ps1 with rgb scart some solid colours had a very annoying chequerboard like stitching pattern to it like pic related. I thought switching to a special luma sync scart cable would help but occasionally the patterns remain. Switching to composite eliminate the problem but the overall sharpness and quality suffers. Anyone know a way around this?
>>
Take it apart and check for shorts
>>
>>2735902

what are shorts? and is there a link to a guide of how to do that? im not very hands on with techhy stuff.
>>
>>2735903
SCART plugs are cavernous, just unscrew the plastic case and slide it down the cable a bit then make sure no pins are connected to other pins by solder tails or wire fibers.
>>
>>2735903
>shorts
A break in a connection/wire. Something not being grounded properly for example. Pretty common especially with modern 3rd party cables that are cheaply made and put together. You can test this out with a multi tester
>>
>>2735905
how do i open up the plastic casing at the front?
and im not exactly sure what im looking for, i wish someone knew exactly why so many rgb cables cause this issue.
>>
>>2735916
>i wish someone knew exactly why so many rgb cables cause this issue.
The post above yours explains it fine. Buy cheap shit get shit results dude.
>>
Also ive have like 4 different rgb cables and they all have the chequerboard issue on different levels on different consoles. I doubt there ALL wired badly.
>>
>>2735916
You undo the screw neck thing then basically force the shell open on the opposite side to the hinges
>>
>>2735907

whats a multi tester?
>>
>>2735926
Do you have anything intercepting the scart cable such as a switcher? Tested different TV's?
>>
>>2735932
nope 1 crt two flatscreens, same issue on all of them.
>>
>>2735929
Pretty easy to Google but they are used to check current so of I put the multi tester points at either end of a wire I should be getting a voltage reading if not there if a short in the wire.
>>
>>2735934
I wouldn't use an HD monitor to gauge whether an rgbs signal is working as they will scale the image on the fly and crap it up even if it's perfect. Unless you're using some kind of upscaled box which could also be the issue
>>
>>2735943

i generally test them on a non hd and hd flatscreen but it really doesnt explain the chequerboard pattern thing.
>>
when composite is used as sync for rgb, if it's badly shielded it bleeds into other signals, producing that pattern.
shield the composite wire, or use luma as sync, as it's black and white and is less poluted for sync purposes.
>>
File: GTdith5.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
GTdith5.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
oh wait, you already have a lumasync cable.
If it's PS1 then it migh be PS1 general dithering.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.