[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked up the set of Final Fantasy Legends for the GB, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: The-Final-Fantasy-Legend-2.jpg (38KB, 700x630px) Image search: [Google]
The-Final-Fantasy-Legend-2.jpg
38KB, 700x630px
Just picked up the set of Final Fantasy Legends for the GB, and so far I'm having a blast, but I don't have a manual or anything. I'm trying to avoid spoilers and full details of everything, but could someone tell me the difference between all the starting classes? I've got one human and three skeletons in my party, and I have no clue how to power them up or anything since there's no EXP in this game.

Also, general tips would be appreciated as well. I'm just wondering aimlessly right now, just left the tower at start.
>>
Humans get stats after battle. If I remember correctly Skeletons are monsters so only way to make the stronger is for them to eat meat that is dropped after battle. Meat usually transforms them into another monster and this is the only way they have of getting stronger.
>>
>>1796689
I was wondering what meat did, up to this point, I'd been giving it all to my human thinking it maybe raised stats or something. So without turning my skeletons into something else, they won't get any stronger? I was going for a party of a necromancer+undead, but if that's not possible, that's ok too.
>>
>>1796678
Espers get more powerful from using skills.

Humans get more powerful from buying and using certain items in the store.

Monsters get more powerful by eating meat and becoming more powerful monsters.
>>
on the plus side you'll have shitloads of money to buy gear and stat boosting items for the lone human
>>
>>1796718
Is it actually possible to use three skeletons if you don't know what you're doing though?
>>
>>1796678
you probably need an FAQ if you wanna beat the game with 3 monsters, which may mean spoilers. use the FAQ that tells you how to transform into a tier-4 monster using only base world meats, otherwise it's tough as fuck to keep your monsters alive in boss fights.

alternatively, kiss off your monsters and recruit 3 mutants. that is easiest , semicheap way to build a team.
>>
>Always have backup weapons in your inventory for the off chance you're deep in a dungeon and break your mains

>Experiment with meat combinations for your monsters

>Mutant spells are very useful, 2 on a team compliments a lead human and monster

>You will shit yourself when you see what the saw can do to any boss. ANY BOSS
>>
I played em all like fifty times OP, they're great games, you won't be disappointed (as long as you have a little patience).
Humans get stronger by giving them Strength, Agility, and HP200. They do NOT gain power after a battle, at least not in FFL1.

Mutants are good with magic, but they can only hold four items, so really think about what kind of defensive equipment you want to give them. They level up and gain different spells over time.

Monsters are fun to play with, but I doubt you would need any more than one in your party. The manual says that eating the meat of a stronger monster will make it stronger and conversely eating the meat of a weaker monster will make it weaker. But in my experience, stat-wise, all monsters aren't that much different, so eating from a weak monster won't make you that much weaker, you just get different abilities, really. Its all about adapting to different situations. This is cool in dungeons, cause you don't have to worry about running out of power, just transform.

I'm not gonna spoil anything for you and you probably shouldn't spoil anything for yourself either unless you're just stumped. I beat all of these games without a strategy guide, so back in the 90's these games were very much an epic adventure. The plot twist at the end of FFL1 really isn't much nowadays, but when you're 10 years old and you've never played an RPG in your life...well, it was moving to say the least.

If you got any questions (and you're going to have a lot), fire away. I'll be around.
>>
File: jackie_kashian_2[1].jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jackie_kashian_2[1].jpg
44KB, 480x360px
So I was going to post that Jackie Kashian video, where she makes a joke about Final Fantasy Legend when...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3rJU9uqLDY
>>
>>1797617
I remember seeing this as a kid and being blown away.

Not the takedown notice, I mean. I just now saw that as an adult, and was severely disappointed.
>>
I was a dumb as fuck kid who never read shit and I managed to get to Apollo in the 2nd game somehow.

It baffles me cause I got stuck in OoT cause I never knew you were supposed to play Saria's Song to Darunia as a kid.
>>
Alright, been playing for a few hours so far.

>Grinding gold up for a full set of armor for my lone human.
>Finally manage to get it, plus my monsters are now all sorts of awesome things that dwarf my human in power.
>Find a forest path through some mountains, take it and arrive at a castle.
>Breeze through everything, but when I arrive on the top floor, I get attacked by a Karaketa creature that looks like Jason with his mask.
>He wipes the floor with my party and I hadn't saved since I left the tower at start.

>Manage to get back to where I was, this time with new and still useful monsters, but not the same as last time.
>Get the orb from the first world, now have access to the tower.
>Tower monsters chew me up and I have to retreat back down to the inn.
>Start climbing again and get back to where I was, 5 steps away there was a healing pool.

>Exit tower, fight through caves, find the "ship".
>Search around the area, find the seed, arrive at the next dungeon.
>Party's taken a beating, but I arrive at the bottom floor.
>No clue how to solve the puzzle, so I check EVERY orb starting with the first room.
>Still make it out without any attacks left on two of my monsters.

It's been a wonderful time so far.
>>
>>1797986

The FFL games have really got a weird charm to them, huh? They're kind of barebones, but they've got just enough weird systems in place to make them fun, and the straightforwardness of the story is pretty cool. Glad you're enjoying it, hope you manage to tough it out and beat the whole thing with your setup.
>>
>>1797993
Well, I really like how each of the characters work different from each other. My human gets stronger through equipment and stat up items, while my monsters evolve into (Seemingly random) creatures after eating meat. It's a little difficult to get them to evolve into something I want specifically because they just have to keep eating stuff to get stronger, but that's ok I guess. I would like to get them all back to Skeletons or undead of some sort for the end, if there's anything viable in that high of level.

Also, my human is running around in silver plate armor with an SMG and a Colt blasting people, what more could I ask for?
>>
File: gfs_28959_2_4.jpg (27KB, 323x292px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_28959_2_4.jpg
27KB, 323x292px
Adventure was here. Legend a shit.

But seriously, I dig the Legend games. I just remember hating my crew changing when I ate the meat.
>>
>>1798047
That game had feels.
I don't remember those feels, but I know it had feels.
>>
>>1797617
what? square enix filed a claim because some woman mentioned she played a game they made in 89?
>>
>>1796678
you can google up the instruction booklet for pretty much anything nowadays, you know
>>
>>1797617

I doubt Square issued the takedown. Viacom is more like it. Perhaps Square was listed because the music in the game was Content ID'd automatically
>>
>>1797986
Damn you're just flying through the game. When I first played, getting a sphere was like a coming of age event.
>10 years old
>Put the equipment on the statue of Hero
>Save right there, turn around
>Genbu says hi
>kills me eleventy times
>new game
Repeat with the last boss.
>>
>>1798274
I don't know, I think the monsters actually make things very fast. I could see why people might think they'd be weak, since you never know what you're going to wind up with, but on the other hand, you have the potential to get something even more amazing every time you eat meat, which is what's been happening. I've got a Triceritops now that strikes for 350 per attack, but he's only got 10 attacks total. It's what I used to kill the boss of world 2.
>>
>>1798295
Monsters are great, especially at the beginning of the game. So are Mutants (Power is awesome spell). Humans just have the most potential late in the game since you can just roid their stats over 100, not to mention getting access to some dopeass equipment. But its like you said, its really all about what kind of skills you get which is why monsters are pretty good. Mutants are kind of in-between, but they really shine late in the game.
If you don't care about money, then honestly all three classes are about equal in terms of usefulness. Same thing with FFL2.
>>
Just thought I'd let you know that because of this thread I went into my storage and dug out my SPs (I want backlight) to play this copy of Final Fantasy Legend III that I've had since junior high school.

The black SP has fucking guaranteed not been played in at least eight years. I was thinking "now where is a charger?" but I flipped it on just out of idle curiosity. Green light.
>>
File: wut.jpg (13KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
13KB, 500x363px
>>1798370

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zICpWwRU6I
>>
Just remembered I had this weird glitch that on my FFL2 save file that I can't remember how to trigger anymore.
It was weird, all of your characters were Dad in stunned status with a bunch of moves with 0 durability but they all worked for some reason. It was weird because you could still fight and take damage in stun status, but you just couldn't die. I'm trying to find it online, its not the Human Fungus glitch, because I'm certain that your characters were Dad, not Fungus.
>>
>>1798370
GBA SPs are amazing, they've got a humongous battery life. That's one big thing I miss about any modern handheld or anything that runs off of batteries really.
>>
>>1797986
>plus my monsters are now all sorts of awesome things that dwarf my human in power.

As long as you eat the right things you can control how a monster progresses and what it becomes, though you'd either need a lot of trial and error or a FAQ to know what you should eat. Avoid eating meat from lower-tier monsters because you can end up leveling yourself down.

Humans are slow and expensive to raise and maintain, but their stats can go past 99 even though it doesn't show it in the menu. They can go all the way up to 255 before the byte rolls over back to 0. You need to keep track manually after 99 if you want to get to 255 without going over.

Mutants are a gamble. They can gain stats and skills after every fight and power up on their own without you having to do anything, but they'll sometimes replace useful skills with useless ones and you have no control over this.
>>
OP here

>Breeze through the cloud world
>Think that the ruin world has a neat concept, a highly dangerous creature is hunting you on the overworld, requiring you to delve through tunnels and such to make it to the towns before you get a bike to outrun it.
>Enemies are starting to actually hurt me now because my defense hasn't gone up in a very long time (In fact, my monsters have basically stayed the same since the start of world 3).
>Thankfully, bosses are still fragile enough for me to nuke them down without healing.

>Make it to Asura, beat him down before he gives me much trouble.
>Fall into a trap and start to reclimb the tower.
>The bosses all die pretty quickly but usually require me to leave and go get revives/inn on the way back.
>Thankfully all the random encounters are susceptible to instant death via stop for the most part.
>Get to the very end, fight the head hancho of everything.
>Suddenly find myself doing no damage with anything but my strongest (Read: 3 uses) attacks.

I should probably head back down and finish buffing up my human, I'm still running around with 40 str/40 agi/600 HP. It's not like it would be expensive to max his stats or anything, but that still leaves all the monsters in my party doing sub-par damage now.
>>
>>1799715
What do you have for monsters? Some are more effective against the last boss than others.

And yeah, 40 str/dex for a human on a team without any other expenses seems pretty low. Of course, you could always just use the saw.
>>
>>1799849
A tiamat, a beholder, and a bonelord. Up until the last part, I was using three bonelords, but they got to be pretty fragile, so I started turning them into stuff with higher defense.

I've kept using saws in regular encounters until I got Stop, then I sold all of them since Stop kills an entire group. I've got a magnum and a masamune currently as my damage weapons, hopefully buffing up my strength/agility will help contribute a bit more damage against the final boss since my monsters only have one source of Flare inbetween them (And the boss is immune to Tornado and Quake).
>>
>>1800062
>I've kept using saws in regular encounters until I got Stop, then I sold all of them since Stop kills an entire group.
You don't understand. I mean use the saw against the last boss
>>
>>1800068
Don't tell me that works, I may actually be tempted to abuse it. I was just happy enough to begin with that instant death and other status effects actually had a place in this game.
>>
>>1800078
Oh it works
>>
>>1797932
Sounds like my playthrough as a kid. It was one of my first rpgs so I didn't understand the concept of grinding. Somehow I still managed to make it all the way to the world core with a human/mutant/robot/monster party. The Human and mutant had less that 200 HP and I couldn't get the monster higher than something in one of the mid-game worlds. The robot single handedly carried me throughout the game.
>>
>>1798062
Yeah, the whole thing around Medusa and Amanda's Tears got me by surprise when I was a kid.

Also,
>"feels"

Ugh...
>>
Well, just downed the final boss after maxing my stats and wailing on him for a few turns. Nobody survives a max-stat Masamune to the face for more than a few hits, I don't care how strong you are.

Is FFL related to the Saga game that came out for the playstation? If it is, how do the two compare?
>>
>>1796689
Pretty sure humans only get stats after battle in SaGa 2. In the first game, Humans only increase stats from items you have to buy.

From what I can tell (I'm only halfway through the remake on WonderSwan), Mutants are the best to use. They get their own stat-ups, they bring in money like nothing, and they often get instant-death spells that work on just about everything, including bosses.
>>
>>1797986
A character in town gives you a hint about the location of the orb. This, however, may not have been translated well in the original release (as stated before, I am playing the WS remake's english translation).
>>
>>1797993
that's the magic of Kawazu games, I think. FF Crystal Chronicles is another favorite from him.
>>
>>1801140
The sad thing was, I walked back out (And found out later that you can just check an orb to warp out), and ran into the character saying "Check where the lines cross" after having been to the dungeon. I might've spoken to him before going, but I didn't remember it until leaving.
>>
>>1800078
>>1800062
man, you beat it fast. thought it would take far longer without an FAQ. took me a month to beat it .

and btw, the monster attacks are crap against the final "creator" boss. really only saw works for monsters. for humans and mutants, you have to use missile and the unique single use damage items(e.g. nuke), and the uniue swords like xcaliber. everything else does pitiful damage.
>>
This has nothing to do with SaGa, but you should pick up Lufia Legends if you can. I thought it was one of the most fun jrpgs I've played on the system.
>>
>>1801000
FFL's have little in common with the PSX games. Frontier has robots and monsters like in FFL2 and 3, but work differently, and that's about it.

Frontier and Frontier 2 have more in common with the Romancing Sagas for SNES. the battle engines and stats are similar.

Unlimited Saga is totally fucking weird and luck-based.
>>
>>1801803
I think the triple monster party was probably the culprit for beating the game so fast. I reset and reloaded excessively every time my monsters "demoted" into something weaker.

A lot of the times, the monsters in my group were so strong, they took no damage from enemy attacks until world 4. On top of that, they either had very high damage single target attacks, like when I had Triceratops, or they had ice/fire/thunder to strike entire groups like the Bonelord, or stone/stop for outright kills. It wasn't until the second to final boss that I actually started having some trouble at fighting things, though occasionally certain enemies in large groups would focus a single party member and destroy them before I could get the situation under control.

Outside of the very start of the game, gold was never a problem either, but strangely, inventory space was. I carried so many elixirs I hardly had room to outfit my guys with anything else, and my lone human had half of his inventory taken up by armor. I lugged around a hyper and a couple of saws for a while too, so I only had one actual weapon for a while.
>>
File: Pokegames-wallpaper-9729982.jpg (183KB, 1080x960px) Image search: [Google]
Pokegames-wallpaper-9729982.jpg
183KB, 1080x960px
>>1801816
yes these are saga games .
saga frontier has humams, robots, and monsters who gain stats just like this gme. you evem have to feed monsters to change them as well. mutants are called vampires or something else in frontier but function the same. in fact i believe the guy who developed this also did the saga games. infact im pretty sure the gsme is called saga or something in the japanese version
>>
>>1801000

Hard max or soft max? ..because you can take a humans stats beyond the visual max. Eventually they'll wrap around.
>>
>>1802579
255/255/not sure on health
>>
>>1802601

Yeah, health was always a pain. Good to do on a road trip though :P
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.