[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So. . .uh, Pokemon Z confirmed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 17

File: Z.png (435KB, 1350x657px) Image search: [Google]
Z.png
435KB, 1350x657px
I guess?
>>
This is a mess, but I have a hypothesis:

Pokemon Z was tentatively planned for a 2015 holiday release almost immediately after (or during) X and Y wrapped up development in keeping with the annual release schedule, but comparatively poor reception to ORAS forced them to rethink this strategy and spend more time on development.

At this point it was slated for an early 2016 release, and development of tie-in material (anime, etc.) was scheduled to coincide with the release of the new game. But since then, GF central has gone radio silent, which leads me to suspect something fucked up on the game development front and it's probably been internally pushed back to sometime later this year, but this setback happened too late to delay/alter the anime and other tie-in material, which continues to release on its original schedule.

This is why the anime is introducing new forms and using "Z" in its advertising, and why Corocoro showed off Mega Zygarde so early, etc., because GF probably planned on having Pokemon Z out on store shelves sometime in February/March, before whatever this setback was occurred.
>>
>>25064126
They probably also have to redo some stuff that happens in game because of the Paris attacks last year.
>>
>>25064153
Like replace the tower in Lumiouse with a mosque and make all NPCs Muslims?
>>
man this is the first pokemon game im not even a lil bit hyped about. (the trailer will probably change that but still, its a weird feel)

>>25064153
this
>>
>>25064126
It's definitely possible, but only if by "poor reception" you mean "complaints about no Battle Frontier".

As of May 2015, they'd sold 9.94 million units, waaaay more than Smash Bros U or Mario Kart 8. I don't think they're TOO worried.
>>
I just want to get out of Hoenn, whether it's back to Kalos or not.
>>
>>25064175

gen 6 Hoenn was the worst region of them all
>>
>>25064164
BF wasn't the only thing people, but I don't think reception is the issue either, GF rarely, if ever gives a fuck about that, otherwise we would've gotten following Pokemon back years ago.
>>
>>25064126
>Pokemon Z was tentatively planned for a 2015 holiday release almost immediately after (or during) X and Y wrapped up development in keeping with the annual release schedule, but comparatively poor reception to ORAS forced them to rethink this strategy and spend more time on development.

Why do you retards keep thinking that Z was delayed? They take a year off in every generation to work on the final game + start working on the engine for the next gen, nothing was fucking delayed.
>>
>>25064126
>Pokemon Z was tentatively planned for a 2015 holiday release almost immediately after (or during) X and Y wrapped up development in keeping with the annual release schedule

I really hope they weren't planning this.
>>
>>25064216
The annual release i mean. Every Generation seems to have a break year (yes, even Gen 5 because BW2 didn't come a year after BW in Japan).

That and I'm also not really that fond on yearly releases.
>>
>>25064216

Sorry, didn't mean to post on your comment, but on this >>25064224 my own comment.
>>
>>25064216
>They take a year off in every generation to work on the final game + start working on the engine for the next gen, nothing was fucking delayed.

But how often does the series spend over half a year having the anime, manga spin-offs, and arcade game adapting a new entry that wasn't even announced yet? I can't blame people for thinking something weird is going on.
>>
is it bad that I'm genuinely more hyped for Pokken?

the shitty Zygarde forms and OC Greninja kinda killed my hypeboner for this game
>>
>>25064126
Been thinking something along this line too

Another plausible explaination is that GameFreak delayed the game on purpose to release it as a tie-in to the 20th anniversary
>>
>>25064126
Poor reception? The game sold extremely well
>>
>>25064164
A little under 10 mln units is fairly unimpressive for a Pokemon game actually, and makes ORAS the lowest selling remake so far.

The game was apperentely panned among the Japanese fanbase, which definitely must have had some kind of an impact.

Lets not forget that 2014 was also the year another bombed dropped on the market - Yo-Kai Watch. So yeah, I think they had more than enough reasons to make them rethink their strategy.
>>
>>25064126
There was no poor reception to the game. It sold amazingly well and was critically well received. A tiny vocal minority on an imageboard for sexual deviants incessantly bitching about a "removed feature" that the mainstream never cared about does not constitute "poor reception".

The delusion from this board is fucking palpable sometimes.
>>
>>25064531

>sold amazingly well

>critically well received
>in a world of paid reviews

do you have a single fact to back any of this post up? or do you like pulling shit out of your ass for the sake of disproving one of the sexual deviants you hold in such low regard "wrong"?

pathetic
>>
>>25064531
this
>>
>>25064557
If you're going to pull that card, you have to also prove that all reviews are paid.

Spoilers: they aren't.
>>
>>25064484
>A little under 10 mln units is fairly unimpressive for a Pokemon game actually, and makes ORAS the lowest selling remake so far.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/3ds.html

ORAS already sold over 10 million. That and while I doubt it will reach the numbers of HGSS (Over 12 Million units sold https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/ds.html), it may take FRLG's spot (which while I couldn't find a source people would be happy with, I think FRLG also sold around 10 million).

That and you also have to consider that ORAS isn't as old as FRLG and HGSS. ORAS still being the most recent Pokemon game could get a sales bump (though I don't think it will be much).
>>
Muslims and Rapefugees are destroying Europe's rich history.
>>
>>25064085
POKEY Z CUNFURRED WOOHOOOO
but really now
this is good news
we will get Z by the end of this year
CAP THIS POST FAGGOTS
>>
>>25064531
They sold worse than either of the previous remakes, which sell fewer units than the typical paired versions to begin with. Pokemon will always make lots of money by virtue of being pokemon, but worse than average sales do not translate to "amazingly well"
>>
>>25064593
It's not even bait, you're just a retard.

>hurr durr do sum fact checking even though my post contains a fucking loaded and false claim
>>
>>25064597
FRLG sold 12 million copies https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2008/080425e.pdf#page=6
>>
>>25064254
Happened once before with Origin Forme Giratina.
>>
>>25064484

>The game was apperentely panned among the Japanese fanbase, which definitely must have had some kind of an impact.

I know about how much they hate Zinnia in particular, but haven't really heard about what they thought of ORAS in general.
>>
>>25064531
But it wasn't "just" a tiny minority. The game got critically panned in Japan. The Japanese have a wiki with a page dedicated only to listing everything that was wrong with ORAS, and another page dedicated to listing everything that was wrong with Zinna. Yes, it was that bad. The game also failed to capture the hearts of a new generation seeing how Yokai Watch 2 outperformed ORAS in sales and was the highest selling game in Japan that year.

Critic reviews arent reliable, especially not for Pokemon games. ORAS got initially good reviews from the fans, even here on /vp/, but the magic of Pokemon lies in it's lasting appeal, and ORAS had none thanks to how gutted everything was. This is something that only kicked in after 2-3 months after the initial hype finally died off, and only got worse with time. This is why you have so many "ORAS sucks"' threads now, or rather had seeing as even /vp/ got bored of shitposting about it non stop. Seeing how dead this board is nowadays I doubt most even touch the game now.
>>
>>25064617
Sales aren't considered in a vacuum. ORAS sold 85% as much as HGSS on a system with a third of the install base of the one HGSS was on. It's a resounding success.
>>
Generation VII hopefully better take place in Russia or somewhere better. Also exoect another reboot just like generation 3 and 5 did. Germany would be a bad due to the current situation right now. In fact, the language selection on the pokedex features Japanese,French,and English? I have a feeling the next region might be Italy,Korea,or Spain. Unless Masuda visited Germany earlier before the crisis began in Europe,consider himself lucky.
>>
>>25064663
I heard he was traveling around Spain some time ago, so either Kalos gets a southern extension like some are predicting or the next game takes place in Spain.
>>
>There was no poor reception to the game

You're the most stupid person that i have read today. Or you're baiting, in which case, i'll bite

There WAS a poor reception, even in japan, about the game. The whole fanbase is divided in half who were disgusted with the false publicity, and the other half who didn't even care to begin with. The backlash reception from japanese players DID cause ripples in their market, to the point that a lot of people sold their ORAS games for refund. Yes, they sold 10m but then they had potential loss due to used cart sales.

Right now, GF has an uphill battle, and this silence is because they are preparing something to compensate the loss of confidence from a lot of fans.

Why do you think they are giving away so many pokemon this year? This is not because of the 20th anniversary, otherwise they would only give mewtwo, mew and pikachu, like 10 years ago.

They are preparing things for damage control. The fact that people like you are so fucking contrarian for the sake of shitposting just disgust me.

>inb4itookthebait

Just fucking shut up.
>>
>>25064696
So sinnoh 2.0? Spain is mountainous right?
>>
>>25064626
I see. I have my doubts ORAS will surpass that.

Though we als have to keep in mind on what consoles the remakes are released on. FRLG was released on the GBA, which ended up selling around 81 million. HGSS was released on the DS, which is the best selling gaming handheld of all time with around 151 million units sold. ORAS was released on the 3DS which now stands around 54 million units sold.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/hard_soft/index.html
>>
>>25064786
also*
>>
>>25064700
source on this?
>>
>>25064786
Mobile market has really threatened Nintendo, whic hsi why GF is delving into mobile games now with Shuffle/GO
>>
>>25064774
Depends on the area. It's generally mountainous, with the most mountains being in the north.
>>
>>25064809
His arsehole
>>
>>25064085
>People honest to god believe we're getting Pokemon Z

You idiots it's going to be Pokemon xZ & yZ
>>
File: 600px-006Charizard-Mega_Y.png (207KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-006Charizard-Mega_Y.png
207KB, 600x600px
>>25064650
could you link me those japanese wiki articles?
>>
>>25064809
Go to the fucking wikia and read.
If you can read fucking japanese, that is.
Not gonna spoonfeed you this shit. It's been said countless of times and posted ad nauseaum.
>>
>>25064910
epic soruce bro
way to prove your shitpost as wrong
>>
>>25064833
Gamefreak didn't make Pokemon Shuffle. Genius Sonority did. As for Pokemon Go, Niantic is making that mainly though they have help from Nintendo and the Pokemon Company (and Google also invested a lot of money into Pokemon Go). Junichi Masuda is presumably making the music for Pokemon Go.

Anyway, I do agree that the mobile market is a factor for the sales of the main series Pokemon games.
>>
>>25064901
This. I want to see these pages.
>>
>>25064910
My septic tank is less full of shit than you.
>>
>>25064786
Yes, but the current Pokemon fanbase is fairly unchanging in its size. I'd speculate that about 8-10 mln sales of Pokemon games come from the so called "core" fans of the series. Much like the Monster Hunter fanbase, the core Pokemon fans will buy anything that has a Pokemon game on it regardless of the current trends and fads in electronics. It's safe to assume that most of the same people that bought HGSS and FRLG migrated over to 3DS just as usual. It doesn't really matter if the handheld sells 50 mln or 120 mln in that case since you can bet those 8-10 million fans will always be there to buy a new Pokemon game.

In short, Nintendo really has stuck a goldmine on us, we're probably their most loyal and devoted customers.
>>
>>25064153
>>25064163
>Actually implying they give a shit about something that happened a while ago

Majority of people have already forgotten about it.
>>
>>25064085
I've known for months Z would be announced between Feb.-April. Due to the merch being released this year plus the anime start date in the west.
>>
>>25064629

Not even close. Giratina-O was announced a couple of months before its game and movie. P-Zygarde was announced nearly a year in advance of its movie and its game is nowhere in sight.
>>
>>25064901
If you give me some time to dig through the achieves, sure. You might have to wait a couple of hours though since I'm going to bed now. Or I might actually drag my ass to the laptop and do a quick search in a moment if I'm in a good enough mood, I'll see.
>>
>>25065010
no rush!
>>
>>25064650

so thats it. a japanese page of some random chink who didnt like some other chinks waifu made a wiki and thats critically panned?
>>
>>25065060
It's not just some random wiki though, IIRC its the wiki of the Pokemon subforum of 2ch which is like the largest message board in the entire Japan
>>
>>25065076

so like vp.

nothing
>>
>>25064126
>and development of tie-in material (anime, etc.) was scheduled to coincide with the release of the new game

That's the weirdest part. We've had so much Zygarde promotional material in the anime, and none of it is being used in the current games.

It really does seem like they delayed the next installment of pokemon main games. Either because they felt a third game it didn't work, or because they wanted to focus on Pokemon Go and Pokken as the 'next big releases' for 2016.

I mean, why advertise so much Zygarde stuff now, when there's no game? It doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>25065116
except unlike vp gamefreak actually takes japanese fans wishes into consideration, which is relevant to this conversation
>>
>>25065152

>I mean, why advertise so much Zygarde stuff now, when there's no game?

Because Zygarde won't be getting a game period. Why let a super legendary go to waste when it can at least be milked via the anime, spin-offs, and merch?
>>
>>25064977
They changed the name of a Space Shuttle in FRLG because it was originally named after the Space Shuttle Colombia
Don't try to be a smartass if you don't know everything
>>
File: clueless.jpg (74KB, 348x283px) Image search: [Google]
clueless.jpg
74KB, 348x283px
>>25064642

Why do they hate Zinnia? Is she too ugly?
>>
>>25065205
nice meme!
>>
>>25065205
>Zygarde won't be getting a game
>Why let a super legendary go to waste
Might as well have said, "Hurr durr I'm a retard"
Zygarde would be a waste if they whored out to advertise him just to sell some merchandise. They're whoring him out now to build hype for his upcoming game by your own argument
>>
>>25064650
>The game also failed to capture the hearts of a new generation seeing how Yokai Watch 2 outperformed ORAS in sales and was the highest selling game in Japan that year.

Youkai Watch 2 sold SLIGHTLY better than ORAS in 2014 only, the year where Yokai Watch 2 was released in the summer and ORAS was released in late fall. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>25065255

Apparently the same reasons as us. Her Pixiv wiki profile even has a section about smashing the transfer machine without any proof of alternate worlds.

I've also heard about her designer being associated with the artist of a hentai game with a similarly hated character, but take that with a grain of salt.
>>
>>25065152
Zygarde Complete is in the next TCG set, which drops March 18 in Japan
>>
>>25064153
I mean, maybe they'd get rid of the Lumiose Press... but I can't think of anything else they'd change.
>>
File: uXafw4X.png (88KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
uXafw4X.png
88KB, 320x320px
>>25065328
I REALLY want to know which "character from a hentai game" is this...
>>
>>25065255
A lot of people probably found her obnoxious and smug, like over here.
>>
>>25064663
>Korea
You do realize they're Japanese right?
>>
>>25065351
Yeah, but he's not even the star of the set
>>
>>25065593
He's been the star of the last two Pokemon Tretta sets, though.
>>
>>25064663
>Korea
Not any time this century.

Personally banking on another part of japan like the first 4 gens.
>>
>>25065629
>tretta
>relevant
>>
>>25065697
Tretta is generally more relevant marketing-wise than the TCG is.
>>
>>25064700
I really hope this has some truth to it. I'm not saying it or any shit floating around the internet that isn't backed by solid facts is true, I'm just saying I hope. If this were true and GF realized they fucked up, and want to do better and regain old popilarity and praise, there's a chance they're going all-out to make the next game(s) taking there time. ORAS will be worth it if it's what made them realize, "hey we need to make a great fucking game again." It's all speculative shit but I'm hoping.
>>
>>25065697
>tretta or TCG
>relevant
Yep they're totally pushing zygard so hard because everyone's so into it coming out on those shit formats.
Sure, they're a part of pokemon, but that's like speculating the reveal of zygard complete is for the next mystery dungeon. Not mainline=not why they're doing it.
>>
>>25065723
>tretta
>a fucking arcade only game
>exists only since like gen V
>never released outside of japan

>PTCG
>avaliable in all relevant regions
>third or fourth most popular trading card game in USA
>been there since day 1 along with the anime and video games
>less relevant than tretta

I don't even play TCG and I can tell you're full of shit
>>
>>25064977
>people forgetting Europe's 9/11
>>
>>25064085
And you guys are excited for a third version of the same game? Holy fuck Nintendo has the worst fanbase who would beg for the same shit over and over again.
>>
>tfw I just want Z to come out so gen 6 can be done with and I can start anticipating gen 7
>>
File: maxresdefaulte.jpg (829KB, 2030x1607px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefaulte.jpg
829KB, 2030x1607px
>>25064153
Yep
The evil team has been changed
Here's the new leader
>>
>>25064663
Italy has great chances
It's the most popular European country in Japan alongside France
Then come Germany and then Britain.
The rest of Europe isnt known in Japan
>>
>>25064642
Surprisingly enough, it's mostly the same complaints you'd see here. Even the retarded ones like Mega Flygon are still very much considered issues over there.
>>
>>25066984
That's not too surprising really, Pokemon is a pretty universal experience
>>
>>25066898
Same desu, Kalos is boring as shit to me and I don't like any of the characters, the sooner Z comes out the sooner gen 7 is announced.
>>
>>25066940
I'd like Italy for the possibility of a Pokemon version of the Adriatic Sea
>>
>>25067042
I thought Kalos was decent but I just really don't care about revisions anywhere near as much as I care about new gens. Hoping 7 is another reboot gen like 3 and 5 for maximum new mons.
>>
>>25064484
HGSS sold over 12 millions in 6 years
ORAS sold nearly 11 millions in 10 months(!!!)

Hows that for a lowest selling remake..?

Also for people who think the game was delayed because the anime is going.

We still dont know almost ANYTHING about Zygarde forms. The only other thing we've learned since the September reveal is that Blue core exists and will fall into Flare hands. Thats it. We've barely scratched the surface, the whole story is still before us.

Same with Ash-Greninja. 5 months after the reveal and we havent even seen him properly in the anime, just covered in water or a few seconds

The whole anime promotion barely started so it doesnt seem to me like they delayed anything
>>
I expect nothing. I'm not falling for it again. And even if it was confirmed the game is just gonna have even less content.
>>
>>25067673
>And even if it was confirmed the game is just gonna have even less content.

Here's a retard huh?. There's no point releasing XY modified version/sequel with less content kiddo
>>
>>25066898
I feel the same way. I didn't buy ORAS because i just wasn't hyped for it. I hope they just... push gen 6 out of the way and get onto gen 7.
>>
>>25067650
Those sales aren't linear. The typical game is going to make almost all of its sales in its first year, and the copies sold afterwards are going to be either used games (not counted) or games that are already part of a retailer's inventory (already counted)
>>
>>25067720
You're forgetting HGSS wasnt a worlwide release while ORAS was. Still, almost 11 millions in 10 months is amazing number, especially when you think how great sales DS had and how not-so-great sales 3DS has
>>
>>25064642
>japs hate Zinnia

Good, her and everything she brought into ORAS are literally the worst things to happen to the series
>>
>>25064650
You know any game with a decent hate base there gets wikis dedicated to how shit they are right? Sometimes it's totally deserved like Tales of Zestiria and sometimes it's just autism like the Etrian Odyssey Untold games
>>
>>25067771
It's weird how ORAS did a good job of improving the old characters and making them likable, yet one of the only new characters it introduced was probably the worst in the game.
>>
>>25067821
Pretty much. Excise Zinnia and Delta Dpisode from the story and I'd honestly say ORAS has the most enjoyable Pokemon story.

Also the comment earlier about ORAS having no lasting power sums up how I feel about it. I enjoyed maingame a ton while it lasted but once you hit postgame you realize how hollow a lot of the game is and there's no drive to really do what little there is left.
>>
>>25065384
>mfw Looker's theme plays in my head whenever I see him
>>
What about this actually confirms Pokemon Z? Didn't XY&Z start months ago?
>>
>>25064126
how can they fuck up something doing just a 3rd version?
>>
>>25067880
Could've been XY but with

>main story rewrites
>ORAS Megas and new Megas
>minor mechanics including carry overs from ORAS like fly to routes and proper analog walking/running with skates as a key item toggle

I get the feeling they won't implement proper analog walking and running but they better fucking implement it
>>
>>25064531
this
>>
>>25067821
Why was her so bad again? I'm just a pervert who faps to pokegirls without paying much attention, she seems okay in that front at the very least.
>>
Remember when people thought we would get Pokemon Grey...
>>
>>25067954
We did, it was called Black and White 2
>>
>>25066984
>Even the retarded ones like Mega Flygon
You better take that back you cockmuncher

Based fucking Japan pressuring those lazy GameFreak jews to do their one job
>>
>>25067780
>any game with a decent hate base
That doesn't speak well of ORAS now, does it?
>>
>>25066899
>No Gogoat or Mega Salamence

So close anon.
>>
>>25068009
Every game post gen 1 had some hate base anon
>>
>>25068032
Ok, but did let's say Black 2 and White 2 get a wiki page by 2ch dedicated just for them?

From what I remember from that thread ORAS was also the only game marked as "not recommended playing" in that wiki lel
>>
>>25067954
We did get Grey. Because what was Brey supposed to be?
>Another Unova game
>Improved Black&White
>A Kyurem game

Thats exactly what we got except we got two game and an actual sequel and continuation s o in fact we got something more than we expected.

When people say Z they think about
>Another Kalos game
>Improved XY
>Zygarde game
Will we get the BW2 treatment? Who knows but we should get something.
>>
>>25068042
Someone make a wiki page about ORAS hate and thats supposed to be a big deal? REALLY?!
>>
>>25064159
No, but there will be Explosion Cresselias all over the Lumiose.
>>
>>25068047
see >>25065076
>>
>>25068052
Again: some people form a fan-forum created a wki page where they listed good and bad points about ORAS. Thats a big deal? LOL
>>
>>25067720
You also have to consider how many people have a 3DS compared to a DS then.

HGSS came out towards the end of the DS's life span and at the time had far more units sold than the 3DS.
>>
>>25068052
That's not impressive, I mean chans are notorious for being hives of contrarian jackasses with piss-poor tastes and I doubt it's any different in Japan.
>>
>>25068057
It might come as a shock to you but unlike /vp/ the complaints and wishes from the Japanese fans usually don't fall on deaf ears
>>
>>25068057
I think his point was that ORAS has a bigger hate base than other games, which is pretty true
>>
>>25068067
Yeah im sure GF is completely broken now after seeing some people complaining on a fan-wiki
>>
File: image.png (32KB, 262x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
32KB, 262x191px
>>25068078
>Z was 99% delayed
>i-it's nothing guys
>>
>>25068083
Nothing was delayed you retard. 6th gen was having a year break like every generation including gen 1
>>
>>25068083
That's pure conjecture though.

Hell it's more likely that somebody accidentally deleted the source code over at GF than them considering the tears of a peripheral demographic: adult fans.
>>
>>25068097
Except they were never forced to prematurely launch a full blown marketing and merch machine way before the actual game got released (let alone confirmed). It's fucking obvious they had an entire Zygarde hype machine ready for launch and were forced to go with it anyway because they didnt have much of a choice. They even had to retcon what was likely a Zygarde centered TCG set because of this delay. This is NOT normal no matter how you like to twist it.

>>25068099
>considering the tears of a peripheral demographic: adult fans
Its their main demographic now ever since Yokai Watch killed any interest for Pokemon among the younger audiances and there are numerous reports to confirm it.
>>
>>25068126
>main demographic
haha no.

It's still primarily kids. Even if the child fanbase is cut in half they'd still outnumber the adult fans 20:1
>>
>>25068140
Not him but from what I've seen the main demographic now is a mix of half adults and half kids
They do seem to be trying to make their games appeal to both sides now as well though mostly casuals for Gen 6
>>
>>25068140
>Even if the child fanbase is cut in half they'd still outnumber the adult fans 20:1
Only 20:1? Why not 50:1 or even 453,67:1?
>>
>>25068145
making something appeal to a peripheral demographic does not make them a primary demographic.

kamen rider shows have kids as their primary demographic, but choose to cast attractive young men that appeal to their young mothers in order to get them to watch the shows with their kids. They still aren't the primary demographic, and certainly wouldn't buy any of the hundreds of toys that get churned out every year for themselves.
>>
>>25068147
just tossing out a random number mate. Adult fans are still a ridiculous minority compared to kids, and kids are capable of being fans of multiple franchises - they certainly have the time for it anyway.
>>
>>
>>25068126
>Except they were never forced to prematurely launch a full blown marketing and merch machine way before the actual game got released (let alone confirmed). It's fucking obvious they had an entire Zygarde hype machine ready for launch and were forced to go with it anyway because they didnt have much of a choice. They even had to retcon what was likely a Zygarde centered TCG set because of this delay. This is NOT normal no matter how you like to twist it.

Bullshit

Tell me then: what do we know about Zygarde formes and Zygarde lore? NOTHING

The entire season is called XY&Z and Zygarde is joining the anime time for a long time, probably the entire season, not for 10-20 episodes.

The entire campaign was planned to be a long one. The fact that after 3 moths of new season we still dont know anything about Zygarde or Ash-Greninja proves that they're going for a long run
>>
File: Pokémon Z -1-1.jpg (74KB, 477x633px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Z -1-1.jpg
74KB, 477x633px
>>
>>25068126
I see you're too young to remember the 4th gen hype train.

The promotion for the series ran for well over a year before we even got a whiff of the new games.
>>
>>25064696
He visited Spain and the south of France on November 1&2.
If that's really about Pokémon Z, it says a lot about its development progress.
>>
>>25068171
>He visited Spain and the south of France on November 1&2.

he visited south of France in late August/early Septemeber for like a week. I dont know about the Spain visit (it could be anything) but the long voyage in Southern France says a lot
>>
>>25068168
Jokes on you, gen 4 was when I started following the pre-releases.

You picked probably the worst example possible because it was confirmed that Diamond and Pearl WERE indeed delayed.
>>
>>25068181
Really now? Because that'd be the first I ever heard of it.

Mind you: a long development time =/= catastrophic unintended delay
>>
>>25068161
>Tell me then: what do we know about Zygarde formes and Zygarde lore? NOTHING
Uhh, pretty much all of the relevant stuff? We know their designs, the number of forms, the fact that the forms change based on the number of cells Zygarde contains, the existance of 2 cores, its role in stopping Xerneas and Yveltal from fucking over the ecosystem. What else is there to know other than purely gamey stuff such as base stats, which is something that never gets revealed before the release anyways?
>>
File: Pokémon Z confirm-1.jpg (148KB, 488x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Z confirm-1.jpg
148KB, 488x1000px
>>
My guess is that they're putting Z out there so heavily so that people expect it, and are more surprised when that's not what we get.

X2/Y2 with the 2's stylized to look like Z's, Red/Blue Zygarde cores each have a different 100% form that act as the mascots of the games, post-game campaign involving both in which they fuse together to make the "Complete" Zygarde, which opens its mouth to reveal the original "Ultimate Weapon", AZ's version is a mimic of Zygarde's.

But seriously what we ultimately get probably isn't going to be half as cool as what I just laid out for you.
>>
>>25068198
Probably more than you can imagine. How does Zygarde 100% work? Whats his ability? Stats? Attacks? How come two cores have different opinions when it comes to humans (one hates them and wants them to die, the other one ihas the opposite opinion). Etc

We know basics, the same basics they revealed in September and nothing more.
>>
>>25068217
No, i agree with you., Im sure they will surprise us but that doesnt mean its not going to be good.

The mere fact that we have TWO cores and TWO 50% Zygardes is enough to amke me believe there will be some sort of twist when the announcement will be made (not to mention one core wants to destroy humans, the other one dont)
>>
>>25068189
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_and_Pearl

>It was forecasted to be released in Japan in 2005, but was shipped in 2006.
>>
File: Pokémon Z-1.jpg (56KB, 429x488px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Z-1.jpg
56KB, 429x488px
>>
>>25068241
Forgot to mention that as far as I heard it's because they had trouble making the online features work
>>
>>25068241
>Though Diamond and Pearl were expected to be released in Japan by 2005, Nintendo revealed that the developers were still working on aspects of the gameplay and that the games would not be released until 2006

That's not a delay
>>
>>25065152
>or because they wanted to focus on Pokemon Go and Pokken as the 'next big releases' for 2016.
Both are being developed by other studios, why would this affect anything?
>>
>>25068264
To be fair Masuda and Ohmori are helping out with GO.
>>
>>25068264
Yeah i've heard a lot theories about how one would affect the other which is all bullshit

Last spetember both GO and Zygarde forms were revealed in like 2-3 day gap between the two. Both had a huge hype, there was no problem whatsoever
>>
>>25068277
That shouldn't have much impact on Z's development. They're both just designers.
>>
>>25068253
What? Then what is it in your opinion? Development issues are perfectly valid reason for a delay.
>>
>>25068284
A delay is literally when you have a release date and then push it back.

The only release date given for D/P was in 2006, so it was never delayed.

If you were to count any sort of hiccup in development that pushes a possible release date back, then every game ever has been delayed at some point.
>>
>>25068296
That makes it all that more likely that Z got an unexpected delay considering they're keeping their traps shut about it.

I wonder what might that have been though, assuming we rule out the fan backlash. Some N3DS only features? Amiibo? GameFreak finally pulling their heads out of their asses and reducing the insane number of polygons on Pokemon models?
>>
>>25068311
You're forgetting few crucial things

-Its the first time when a powerful legendary has become full-time member of the anime team
-Its the first time when a legendary got an entire season centred around him
-the anime story is slowly just getting started, its obvious it'll take several months to reach any climax

Yes they started the campaign early but its supposed to be a long one so the Zygarde hype isnt going anywhere, it will continue most likely through the entire 2016 so it wasnt a delay just a long campaign with an extra build up
>>
>>25068311
Sorry man, that's still not a delay if they never announced a release date. All we got is speculation. Hell, we don't even know for certain if the new games would even be called 'Z'.
>>
>>25068323
Yeah I mean if the new game has you going through with a little Zyblob in tow I expect it to a have a completely new story like B/W2 did unlike most 3rd versions.
>>
>>25068311

>20th anniversary celebrations
>Go
>Pikachu detective game, which would be the first Pokemon spinoff developed by GF themselves if it ever comes out
>they no longer solely focus on the Pokemon series, they've released 3 non-Pokemon games in the last 3 years
>also a big one, Gen 7 has almost certainly started development at this point

tl;dr: they can't make it in the same dev cycle as the last few games because they have a ton of shit on their plate atm

Harmoknight and Tembo are actually ok games btw. Don't buy them at full price though.
>>
>>25065205

So naive. Its funny
>>
File: fuck oras fuck zinna.png (30KB, 1200x324px) Image search: [Google]
fuck oras fuck zinna.png
30KB, 1200x324px
>>25065025
>>25065010 here, thank you for your (hopefully?) patience

Zinna's anti thread linked by anon (928 replies)
http://kanae.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/poke/1446369061/l50

Anti thread wiki page
http://info.2ch.net/?curid=2888

Pixiv
http://dic.pixiv.net/a/%E3%83%92%E3%82%AC%E3%83%8A

Game Catalog
http://www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/pages/5398.html

You can use google translate to get the feeling of what they're talking about.

Also, a link to the /vp/ thread where we first discussed the matter in-depth
fgts.jp/vp/thread/24757421/
>>
>>25069043
I'm going through the Pixiv pages right now and it's pretty hilarious that the Japs were just as booty blasted about Mega Flygon not happening as we were.
>>
>>25067843
Posts like this make me remember when myself and a few other posters had this same complaint early on, but most of these faggots were on about muh metagame and how most of the fun in Pokemon is the online experience anyway.

Hope they eat shit. I've ALWAYS found the main game+post game way more fun than the fucking metagame and I bet many other players feel the same too.
>>
File: 1452164738268.jpg (53KB, 700x289px) Image search: [Google]
1452164738268.jpg
53KB, 700x289px
>>25064159
>Clock Maker Ahmed sent out Electrode.
>Clock Maker Ahmed uses self-destruct!
>>
>>25069140
well, Pokemon fans aren't that much different around the world
>>
>>25069043
I remember this thread.
It was a good day.
>>
>>25064434
I don't think so. They would have announced it by now, like everything else they announced already.
Unless they announce some kind of immediate launch, but I don't think that's a smart move.
>>
>>25064531
>the delusion from this board is fucking palpable

I doff my cap to thee, good sir.

X and Y may have sold well, but you can tell parts of the game were underdeveloped. They're great games, but their lack of soul and what I consider to be a very weak soundtrack with only a few standout hits leaves a bitter tadte in my mouth.
>>
>>25065384

According to the old thread the game is Ore no Shikabane 2. Have fun.
>>
>>25069043
thank you!
>>
>>25069140
>>25069393
united through butthurt
>>
File: Masuda.png (149KB, 516x300px) Image search: [Google]
Masuda.png
149KB, 516x300px
>>25069421
This.
>Movie comes out to tie ORAS and XY together.
>AZ's Floette is the star
>Floette and Volcanion are distributed to ORASXY
>Masuda: "Fans got a lot of interesting stuff this year, like a 20 year old game, a game for a console nobody has, another shit movie, cards that nobody plays and they have access to every single Pokemon in their ORASXY games :)"
There won't be a Z.
>>
>>25069785
>There won't be a Z.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
File: 1443734285565.png (11KB, 177x157px) Image search: [Google]
1443734285565.png
11KB, 177x157px
>>25066984
ORAS was the first game since diamond I didn't buy.
I like to pretend I was personally responsible. XY were a mistake too though
>>
File: 1425714693390.png (698KB, 2064x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1425714693390.png
698KB, 2064x2500px
I think that we will get FRLG remakes and that the gen1 vc releases are appetizers. While I'd rather have waited a generation since gen6 lacked so much in pokemon variety, since they most likely will still put a geodude in every cave and a magikarp in every river. I won't leave my expectations too hgih.
Though financially rereleasing the console games was a bad move, a lot of people would've paid 40 bucks for a remake, now their thirst is sullened with just the VC games
>>
>>25070369
Nope. Pokémon Z.
>>
>>25070498
I never said we wouldn't get Z
>>
>>25070750
just making sure. you didn't.
>>
>>25068383
The Pikachu Detective game was revealed in 2013 for release in 2015. It's 2016 now, so it's safe to say they have AT LEAST put it aside for now.
>>
>>25071993
Wasn't the Pikachu detective game cancelled because they were worried it would ruin Pikachu's image or some shit?
>>
File: sna023.jpg (35KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
sna023.jpg
35KB, 540x304px
>>25064085
>mfw there is no pokemon z
>pokemon go & virtual console release of rby is all we get in 2016
>>
>>25073943
I'm more hyped for Pokken than any other release this year desu. I don't think even the reveal of Z would change that.
>>
>>25064557
7.8/10
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.