[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon TCG General: Never evolve again-edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 56

File: quak in hell.jpg (132KB, 501x696px) Image search: [Google]
quak in hell.jpg
132KB, 501x696px
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

News/Legal List/Set scans/etc
>http://pokebeach.com/

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>unlock all locked cards in the three theme decks you're given at the start
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>enter theme tournaments with basic green and get both hitters prized
>enter standard/expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes a tradable pack
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>use the Trade section to trade the packs and chests for the shit you need
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ for a list of viable decks or ask here

Shut the fuck up about your old charizard card.

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. For example, Top Cut Trading inc
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2/

To get a general idea about what is strong in the Meta go there
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/metagame-deck-discussion.250/

Pack codes are worth about 15-30 cents while other codes are worth around a dollar or two.

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Never post them as text, even if they're missing a letter/number
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered

We are making our own tcg standalone expansion please vote in the strawpoll! http://pastebin.com/4tD25gSb

ToTT: come up with a tool for evolutions only that helps balance this out.
>>
>>24623474
not with bats in the format
>>
why do OP never link to old thread? consequently I have no idea what the chicken scratch on that card reads tripfag
>>
>>24623543
+40 HP, +10 damage for basics only.
>>
>>24623543
>>24618383
>>24618383
>>
Drawfag from the last thread, just woke up.
>>
As for that discussion on templates from last thread...

Fucking download photoshop, and make a template. It's not that hard.
>>
File: wow gimmick.jpg (403KB, 1290x1030px) Image search: [Google]
wow gimmick.jpg
403KB, 1290x1030px
wow I can't believe this gimmick deck is actually that strong

I built this for fun because I like the team aqua and magma cards
>>
So do you just get muted for saying literally anything or what?
>>
>ToTT: come up with a tool for evolutions only that helps balance this out.

The Stage 2 Pokemon this is attached to gets +300HP

Stage 2s still don't see play. also stage 1s don't need any help they're fine as they are

anyway, XY9 will bring a lovely new era of basic spam that will invalidate everything else. Again.
>>
>bashit blue has fucking muscle band in a deck about energy ramp
>dank hammer has fucking nothing to get with korrina

i am so mad rn
>>
>ToTT: come up with a tool for evolutions only that helps balance this out.
Scary Mask: This tool may only be held by a Stage 2 pokemon. The pokemon this card is attached to does not take damage from the attacks of Basic pokemon, including Pokemon-EX
>>
I want to use HGSS DCE in my standard deck. Because it's been reprinted, I should be able to use it, right?
>>
>>24623617
yeah , you can
>>
>>24623545
fucking hell.

Could have been a semi-decent addition with a non-EX clause.
Or better again, this card can only be attached to cards that evolve & non-EX. Buff the Basics & Stage 1s that need it, but you'd discard it when final stage is played.

Way OP considering what it can go on.
>>
>>24623734
Who knows, we might see a literal safeguard tool.
>>
File: xerosic.jpg (185KB, 726x960px) Image search: [Google]
xerosic.jpg
185KB, 726x960px
>>24623738
Only appropriate answer to this post.
>>
>>24623567
Deck list?
>>
>>24623567
>Against a deck heavily reliant on clunky chunks of energy you can only run 4 of

Try it again, see what happens.
>>
And now DMO client is crashing after an update
Fucking useless devs

I guess i'll grind the ladder a bit, i still need like 90 points for the second Lucario
>>
File: bork.jpg (39KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
bork.jpg
39KB, 360x480px
>290 HP Wailord EX
>>
File: 1442770679150.gif (264KB, 148x111px) Image search: [Google]
1442770679150.gif
264KB, 148x111px
>>24623942
>>290 HP Wailord EX
>max potion is being reprinted
time to run nothing but Vespiquen
>>
File: blood for the blood god.gif (1001KB, 225x161px) Image search: [Google]
blood for the blood god.gif
1001KB, 225x161px
>playing vespiquen
>half my DCE is in prizes two games in a row
>>
Is there a bot that auto-completes the Zorua game?

I just want a Shaymin dammit :_:
>>
Just wait, evolutions will get a counterpart that is exclusive to them.

It will give +10 HP and make the pokemon immune to burn.
>>
>>24623617
basically energy cards can be used indefinitely, but some special ones aren't reprinted so you need to be wary of that.

Same goes for cards like Switch
>>
ToTT: I thought in something like

>Boxing Gloves
Something like Mucle band but for stage 2 only
>>
>>24624047
Sauce on the max potion?
>>
>>24624357
It's reprinted in the Japanese Golduck Break deck. Look it up.
>>
What is mega glalie considered unusable when all it needs is a double coloress energy and a rainbow energy to do 250 damage every turn?

I understand Xerosic and Hammers exist, but that's a problem for every deck.
>>
>>24624476
Have you tried actually reading the card
>>
>>24624384

Hopefully it'd also mean Birch, Sycamore, and VS Seeker are reprinted as well since it features those Trainers

>>24624476

It needs to be at at least 100 damage to maximize Cyromouth's damage, until we have a Pokemon with Damage Swap in Standard (or a better one with more than 90 HP in Expanded) it won't be remotely good
>>
>>24624588
sadly, the best thing we got is dusknoir from flashfire
>>
>>24624476
I like Glalie more without the use of the Mega. The Normal one can hit for 170 with a Muscle Band attached.
>>
File: Please_Understand.jpg (23KB, 416x224px) Image search: [Google]
Please_Understand.jpg
23KB, 416x224px
>>24624784
>>
I mentioned in the last thread but it got kinda drowned out by rage against the new tool: We should try and create some benchmark Pokemon - a small basic, a stage 1, a stage 2 and a big basic, to serve as a way to balance everything else roughly around them. That way we'll have a decent idea of what kind of power level we actually want,
>>
>>24624865
i was trying to work out that slight kink. is there anything that adds damage to water attacks? i could also run the bats.
>>
>>24624875
You could run Giovanni, but gio is kind of a crutch, at best. You're still crippled if you use it.
>>
Suggestion for our TCG:
12 cards of each of the 11 card types.
Two Stage 2 Lines
Two Stage 1 Lines
Two Big Basics

That comes out to 132 cards. Then we add 28 Trainer Cards to make it 160, which is just under what an English double set usually is.
>>
>>24624929
If it's a stand-alone set, we might need to make it bigger, but I think that's a good starting point. Granted, I think that should be a rough guideline instead of a set rule, since a lot of types just don't have many stage 2 lines to choose from. (Dark has a grand total of two) Plus, we might want to do something like Tyranitar that usually changes type when it evolves.

Or we could just focus on something like that, then once we get the balance where we want it (despite being bare bones), we can add another 100 cards and call it an expansion.
>>
>>24624929
I feel like it would be better to differentiate the types by giving them different evolution line options. For example, Grass could be completely lacking in big basics, while something like Fighting could have a disproportionate amount of them and less evolutions.
>>
What era of Pokemon TCG would be best to play around in for fun/balance? i was thinking around late gen 3 early gen 4. itll be purely for fun with a few friends
>>
>>24624929
I woul like to draw:
Furfrou and Snorlax as the big Normie Types
Alakazam line
Tyrogue and his lines
Primeape
>>
>>24625130
If we want to use babies like Tyrogue, we really need to hammer in a good mechanic for them.
>>
>>24625153
Yesterday we just stabilished the probability to turn them basic mons
>>
>>24625130
What if each Hitmon had a different type of Pokemon that they hit for extra damage? Like, one could do extra damage to EX Pokemon, one could do extra damage to evolutions, and one could do extra damage to Pokemon with abilities? That way there would be some merit to running all three. Maybe they could also get a small attack powerup if they evolve from Tyrogue?
>>
>>24624994
I actually like this idea.

>>24625153
It was suggested in the last thread that we simply make Baby Pokemon into Basic Pokemon, so Tyrogue would be Basic and Hitmonlee/chan/top would be Stage 1.
>>
>>24625189
I would like to turn top in something like a phazer
>>
>>24625189
What about something like this:
Hitmonchan - Does only direct damage to the Defending Pokemon, but can do a good amount for little energy.
Hitmonlee - Effective at fighting benched Pokemon.
Hitmontop - Some weird trickery bullshit.
>>
>>24625202
Actually, this is how they have been working in the TCG, I think it's valid because flavor, Chan uses jabs, Lee's legs are whips, Top is Brazilian, but I would like to see some new things.
>>
File: lee.png (172KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
lee.png
172KB, 245x342px
>>24625202
>>24625214

Also, I will tell my secret. I'm BR. I would love to draw top with an Brazilian Flag.
>>
>>24625228
>HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE
No.
>>
>>24623496
>The Basic Pokemon this card is attached to gets its max HP increased by 40 and its attacks do 10 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

fuck why
>>
>>24625129
also where online could i play something like that? TCGOne doesnt have a proper format for it
>>
>>24624929
All basic pokemon should be weaker than stage one pokemon without exceptions, this includes single stage pokemon. This is because you must spend additional resources getting evolved pokemon out, so they should almost always be better than something you don't have to spend resources on.
>>
>>24625511
Basic ones can be though, but they would need more energies to set up
>>
File: ReshiramLegendaryTreasuresRC22.jpg (375KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
ReshiramLegendaryTreasuresRC22.jpg
375KB, 750x1046px
>>24625511
>>24625533
What I think drawfag is saying, and what I agree with, is that "Big Basics" can stay, but they should also require much higher energy costs than evolving basics. Possibly with less colorless energy too.

To use a comparison as an example, if we made a card like this, but made it only have 100 HP, require [R][R] for it's first attack and [R][R][R][C] for it's second one. That's how I think we should handle big basics.
>>
>>24625604
big basics should still be a sliver bellow most stage ones. Otherwise, playing stage ones becomes worthless. Extra hassle, no extra power in exchange for it.
>>
>>24625604
Yeah, basically. The good of having a three stage mon is that you can attack with him every turn whule evolving, because it has a consistent energy curve.

When big basics would attack only after 4 turns of set up.
>>
>>24625626
That would mean that there can be absolutely no energy speed up cards. Otherwise, you deny this "disadvantage" and we go back to them being stage twos that you don't need three specific cards to set up.
>>
File: goddamn moonrunes.jpg (93KB, 573x800px) Image search: [Google]
goddamn moonrunes.jpg
93KB, 573x800px
Is entei.dek any good? Or at least fun?
>>
>>24625651
We could have evo-exclusive energy speedup. Or would that make them too much better than big basics? Man, I really feel like basics should be more for utility than for beating.
>>
>>24625188
How about if a baby mon evovles then the new mon hasa damage boost as well as the previous poke-whatever of the baby itself?
>>
>>24625718
I guess it depends on the power level of the whole set, but a full damage heal on baby evolution might be nice if it's not too insane to even have damage counters.
>>
I think for the ptcg set we'll need someone to code a way for us to play online, either making all cards free or doing something with Packs/play to win coins.
Also it should be our set only, probably about 200-300 cards including everything.
while im expressing opinions, no basic EX, but I really liked the mechanic of Lvl X pokemon. not only was it different than evolution, they were always pretty balanced with the exception of the SP pokemon that were basics already
>>
>>24625718
I don't see why baby pokemon need special rules. just play it up in their attacks and overall fluff.
>>
>>24625759
maybe have something like lvl X pokemon for Megas?
>>
does anyone have a tutorial for making cards in GIMP, etc.? I'd like to help out but all i can find on the google is shitty wikihow articles on using the meme card makers
>>
>>24625618
What if we just made Stage 1s better?
Like okay, let's use an example we keep throwing around - Tyrogue and Hitmonlee.

Tyrogue could have an Ability that helps it get it's evolutions into play, and some shitty [C] 10 damage attack. Then Hitmonlee could have like 110 HP, an attack for [F] that does respectable damage and an attack for [F][C][C] that is really solid and viable in most fighting decks.

Meanwhile, take a Big Basic, like... I dunno. Someone mentioned the Regis haven't had many prints so let's just say Regirock. Regirock might only have 100 HP, and his attacks require [F][F] and [F][F][C][C] to use, and aren't quite as useful as Hitmonlee's attacks.

>>24625651
I like what >>24625675
Said. Maybe have a Supporter that allows you to play a Basic Energy card from your hand onto one of your Stage 1 or Stage 2 Pokemon?

>>24625718
Someone suggested in a previous thread that anything evolving from a Baby gets full healed and an HP boost. But I like the idea of Basic Babies better.

>>24625759
Why don't we just make multiple sets? Start with a Base Set and then go from there?
>>
>>24625852
Last I checked, someone was making a template for Magic Set Editor.
>>
>>24625889
>Maybe have a Supporter that allows you to play a Basic Energy card from your hand onto one of your Stage 1 or Stage 2 Pokemon?
Or make it an Item, but make it like Luxury Ball where if theres 1 in your discard you can't use it. That way it's strong, but not OP
>>
>>24625759
I liked what someone said in the last thread, where we make the "EX" of the set something called Pokemon-VP and make their art into cute humanoid personifications of the Pokemon. Pic related.
>>
>>24625889
buffing things is rarely the answer, it leads to weird inflation and shit.

Additionally, you can't be balancing an entire card type with a trainer. All that does is force players of the card type to always load up the trainer in their deck, removing player choice. Might as well make the thing a default rule everyone uses instead of a card.
>>
>>24625945
do you really want everyone to have a deck full of waifus
>>
>>24625946
i think if we add at least 4-5 trainers that support only evolved cards/hinder basics we could bring more balance. Also, fuck Big Basics, Chansey should be the only basic with 110+ hp and then it should have a shitty attack. Leave the big HP to the stage 2
>>
New guy here. Im rocking a gollurk deck and was wondering, would the new mega mewtwo ex (fighting) have a place among a ancient trait golurk deck with fighting energy?
>>
>>24625946
>>24625984
What if we don't have big basics at all?
Like seriously, nothing is forcing us to use them.
If we want to have stuff like Legendaries, then we'll make them part of our "EX" line where there's a 2 prize penalty if they die. But we don't NEED to have ANY basics that don't evolve as part of the regular Pokemon.
>>
Re: Custom set size

I do a bit of MTG design, and that game has 'standalone' sets with at least 250 cards, in five 'types'. (Although 'standalone' in Magic means 'you can draft this set by itself', which is different from Pokemon since no set in Pokemon has really been draftable at all.)

I think we should aim to do about ~130-150 Pokemon like >>24624929 suggested, with some amount of flexibility between types. We need probably a dozen or so functional reprints for stuff like Sycamore, Ultra Ball, Professor's Letter, etc, then maybe 20 or so slots for new Trainer items.

I think we should start with the Trainers and reverse-engineer the Pokemon numbers, given that the Trainers are going to turn up in every deck to some degree or another.
>>
>>24626017
What does drafting mean anyway?

As for Trainers, like I've said before, in most cases we can just rip off the art for most of those from existing cards. We can pretty much mass manufacture as many Trainers as we want, so we shouldn't really count that into the overall size of the set.
>>
Here's some numbers based on the assumptions that more work should give a bigger reward:
basic with evolutions
30-60 HP, more is rare
attacks do around 20 per type appropriate energy, damage centric attacks rarely go above 2/40.
Big basic
50 - 80 HP, more is extremely rare
attacks do around 20 per energy, damage centric attacks rarely go above 3/60.
Stage 1
60 - 100 HP, more doesn't happen outside of endurance centric pokemon
attacks do around 20 per appropriate type energy, damage centric attacks only rarely go above 4/80.
Stage 2
80 - 140 HP, more only happens for rare cases.
attacks do around 30 per energy, damage centric attacks can go up to 4/120

Single stage pokemon that should be represented by being truly powerful could be made into basics with "level up" evolutions. The thing to consider is that there is no reason to play evolutions if you can just plop down a guy as strong in a single play. And that a game's basic concepts should be balanced around the basic mecanics, and not cards to add to a deck, otherwise these cards become mandatory.
>>
>>24626045
To draft in MtG, each player (usually a group of 8) takes 3 packs, opens them one at a time, picks one card from a pack and passes the rest along, taking another card from the next pack (and so on).

The major problems with drafting Pokemon are:
- way too many types
- smaller packs
- commons are fucking garbage
- rares are even bombier than in Magic

There's also 'cube drafts', where instead of boosters somebody builds a collection of cards that you can break down into 'packs' to draft with. People have done that with Pokemon, I haven't tried it though.
>>
>>24626062
Also evolution lines.

There's also Sealed Deck, which is what prereleases normally are, but that's a shit format.
>>
>>24626055
Change stage 1 attacks to be:
attacks do around 30 per appropriate type energy, damage centric attacks only rarely go above 3/90.
colorless energy in damage centri attacks deal 20 and can go up to 4/80
>>
>>24626055
I think this sounds mostly solid. I would say that for Stage 2s, most anything is fair game. Like a Fire type that discards 2 energy and does enough damage to instantly KO anything.
>>
>>24626062
>>24626083
What if we had a tourney format where you get a list of 2 stage 1 and a stage 2, either of only one type or two, (possibly each person chooses their types) you choose two of the three, and then you get to build a deck that must contain those cards with their evolutionary basics/stage ones (so you can't just build something else and throw it in there for discard fodder)
For example, you get 8 players in a single elim tourney. Player 1 picks Water as their type, so they get 2 stage 1 water types and a stage 2 water type. Lets just say they get given Lanturn, Sharpedo and Swampert. The player chooses Swampert and Sharpedo and then builds a deck, adding whatever cards from their collection+phantom cards they dont get to keep at the end, to make either a 40 or 60 card deck.
then everyone does a single elim tournament and winner gets stuff

On that note, if we were to code something very simple to play, what language would it want to be in?
>>
>>24626055
Something else that I've seen mentioned that I'd like to add is that we should encourage Basics and Stage 1s (which have Stage 2s) to have situationally useful Attacks/Abilities so that everything has SOME viability, at least in stalling the enemy or helping you set up.

Like even if you have Abra, which would be like a 40 HP shit-mon, give it something like...
Ability: Teleport - Once during your turn (before your attack) you may return this Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your hand.
[P] - Confusion - 10 - Flip a coin, if heads, the defending Pokemon is now confused.

This way if it's about to get killed you can bail it out, or you can use it to tank weak basic attacks at the start of the game and then Teleport it out to bring in your primary attacker. Plus Confuse can help stall.
>>
>>24626148
Sure.
>>
I have a Giovanni Scheme Full Art I've gotten
offers of 4 packs should I go for it? Or wait?
>>
Idea for Poochyena line cards for the set:

Poochyena: Basic [D]
50 HP +20 weakness to fighting
[C] Bite : 10
[D][C] Roar: 20; opponent switches their active pokemon with one of their benched pokemon
2 retreat

Mightyena: Stage 1 [D]
80 HP +30 weakness to fighting
[D][C] Roar 30 Opponent switches active pokemon with a benched pokemon
[D][D][C] Crunch 50 discard an energy attached to your opponents active pokemon
2 retreat

Essentially it's for disruption/energy removal
>>
>>24626171
That's not how weaknesses work at all.
Though... what if we did that for resistance? Make Basic and Stage 1 cards only have -20 resistance but give Stage 2 cards -30 resistance?
>>
>>24626192
thats how weaknesses should work
>>
>>24626192
>>24626171
I like the idea of weaknesses and resistances varying in benefit. What's the point of printing them in each and every card otherwise?
>>
>>24626192
It's how weakness used to work. I'm not sure if it'd be a good idea, per se, but it IS an interesting suggestion.
>>
File: PikachuBaseSet58.png (376KB, 373x510px) Image search: [Google]
PikachuBaseSet58.png
376KB, 373x510px
>>24626200
No they didn't.
Since the very first fucking set, Weakness has always been double damage. It used to be that Resistance was -30 though.
>>
So where's the guy who was working on the Magic Set Editor template? Progress report?
>>
File: AmpharosSecretWonders1.jpg (150KB, 343x473px) Image search: [Google]
AmpharosSecretWonders1.jpg
150KB, 343x473px
>>24626219
And yet...
>>
File: Machamp-Stormfront-SF-20.jpg (162KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
Machamp-Stormfront-SF-20.jpg
162KB, 600x825px
>>24626219
You never played from DP to HGSS did you?
>>
>>24626246
this was my motherufcking nigga during the galactic meta with lumineon.
>>
>>24626242
>>24626246
Er... No, actually I didn't. News to me.
Why'd they change it back to double? Was this preferred?
>>
>>24626017
>(Although 'standalone' in Magic means 'you can draft this set by itself', which is different from Pokemon since no set in Pokemon has really been draftable at all.)
Legendary Collection was. Every pack gave you full evolution lines and you could tell the element of Pokemon just form the pack art. (for example you'd get a couple of Doduo and Dodrio in the same pack)
>>
File: 819NK5qBuXL._SL1500_.jpg (253KB, 1084x1500px) Image search: [Google]
819NK5qBuXL._SL1500_.jpg
253KB, 1084x1500px
>>24626260
The PCL literally do whatever they want. They put it back to 2x in HGSS when the card art changed for a total of 5 sets. I guess it stuck after that.

>>24626256
Flygon - Machamp was objectively the best deck during that meta.
>>
>>24626264
That sounds more like it was designed for Sealed Deck than drafting.

With 'pre-determined packs' like that, you'd either take a Dodrio and cross your fingers that you got passed enough Doduo or take a Doduo and hope nobody took the Dodrio before you got the pack back (dependent on how many players are in the draft).

From what I've heard Legendary Collection was pretty different from other sets, though.
>>
>>24625889
>But I like the idea of Basic Babies better.
That's completely stupid when combined with things like >>24625984 that keep getting suggested. If there are trainer cards that specifically enhance evolved Pokemon, then a class of Pokemon who have the option of being played as a basic or evolving from a baby and getting evolution support brings an interesting dynamic to those Pokemon.

I don't understand why everyone is so quick to strip away the few mechanics that make certain Pokemon unique.
>>
>>24626308
I think the only thing anyone wants to strip away is the Baby mechanic because all it does is make a bunch of Pokemon really frustrating to deal with.
>>
>>24626242
>>24626246
>>24626273
I'm definitely liking the idea of having weaknesses be +X instead of double. Poll time?

https://strawpoll.me/5975348
>>
What about a name? I suggested Victorious Powers near the start of this, but I think it's a good idea to come up with a few more options before trying to settle on it.
>>
>>24626379
Valiant Prowess
Vicious Predators
Vaping Professors (the booster packs would just have Professor Oak with a giant e-cig saying I VAPE on it)
>>
File: VPSet.png (1KB, 143x143px) Image search: [Google]
VPSet.png
1KB, 143x143px
>>24626379
Either way, I think we'll end up going with a name that starts with V and P, so I came up with this half-assed set symbol mockup. What do you think?
>>
File: oak is a cool guy.jpg (41KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
oak is a cool guy.jpg
41KB, 620x350px
>>24626405
He seems dorky enough to do that.
>>
>>24626407
Could use a different font and some better alignment but I like the overall idea.
>>
>>24626414
This should be a card.
>Professor Oak's Vacation
>Supporter
>Discard your hand and draw cards equal to how many cards you discarded.
>>
File: true fear.jpg (42KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
true fear.jpg
42KB, 324x450px
What's the single most despicable deck in all of Pokemon? I want to take it to my locals full of children and crush their souls.
>>
>>24625665
He's about to become a 210 HP basic non EX so yeah he's fun.
>>
>>24626379
Virtual Parity
>>
>>24626379
Virtual Paramount
>>
>>24626824
Emolga-EX.dek
>>
Instead of making a new fan made set, has anyone tried making a fan made gameplay format, like EDH, for Pokemon?
>>
>>24626824
Porydonk
It's basically the same thing as Shiftry only more consistent.
>>
>>24626919
Yes, there's a format called 150 or something that UK players never shut up about. It's pretty rarely played in the states, though.
>>
File: yugi-no.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
yugi-no.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>24626824
>I want to take it to my locals full of children and crush their souls.
>>
File: standard vs expanded.png (14KB, 126x99px) Image search: [Google]
standard vs expanded.png
14KB, 126x99px
Do you prefer Standard or Expanded?

I wanna see what the general consensus is.
>>
>>24626982
with this set there is no reason to still play expanded
its just worried fags that don't want their cards to become worthless
>>
>>24626978
>D20 is(...) a "Safe" zone.
>No anti-gay, racist, sexist or demeaning/inappropriate comments
>No intimidating or shaming others
Jesus Christ
>>
>>24627002
I mean, in the end, don't they always? Might as well try to get some use out of them.
>>
>>24625979
Yes. Yes I do. Not that guy, btw.
>>
File: SkylaXYPromo164.jpg (259KB, 433x603px) Image search: [Google]
SkylaXYPromo164.jpg
259KB, 433x603px
>>24625979
I like how the TCG knows to pander to the waifufag audience now. Skyla FA in English when?
>>
>>24627014
if you own a hobby store, it's probably bad for business if people playing cards start yelling "get fucked faggot"

booster packs for both pokemon and yugioh say "for ages 6+" on the front.
>>
>>24627039
It's not like kids really go to /tg/ stores anyways, it's just fat NEETs. Kids would rather rip up Pokemon packs at Walmart or some place. And even then who the fuck cares, kids these days are rotten little bastards, just check on Xbox Live. They won't hear anything new.

Also
>anti-gay, racist, sexist
>>
File: JUST.png (87KB, 481x107px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
87KB, 481x107px
>only discarded supporter is Sycamore
>>
>>24627057
VS Seeker is a crutch
>>
>>24627054
>why don't they want me saying faggot or bitch at the game store

who gives a shit
>>
>>24627054
Are you kidding? My locals is entirely kids and girls. They all have Night March decks and shit. It's actually really fun, kids are a lot more talkative and fun than adults.
>>
>>24627061
EXs are crutches.
>>
>>24627061
Said the guy who doesn't want to spend 7 dollars on an uncommon :^)))))) hahaha faggot
>>
>>24627066
My locals are just college aged losers and older manchildren. I've only seen someone under 18 there once or twice, and that was because their older brother/father brought them.
>>
>>24627069
item cards are a crutch. all you need are

1 memepharos
1 mega memepharos
58 electric energy
>>
>>24627075
I just stole my copies m8
>>
>>24627064
>His game store isn't run by neets for neets
I like having a Sailor Moon Figure with her upskirt shown just slightly towards the playing table in view.
>>
Why did they murder the UI on PC/Macs? I understand it's probably better for iOS, but fuck.
>>
Are there ANY good Pokemon TCG youtubers?
>>
>>24623617
You could use Base Set DCEs if you felt like it.
>>
File: c2card.png (217KB, 420x590px) Image search: [Google]
c2card.png
217KB, 420x590px
MSE Template person here

Does anyone know where I can get icons for the prevos on Stage 1/2 Cards? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
>>
>>24627105
Not since pooka died
>>
>>24627120
just google Pokemon tcg templates, there should be a DA group with a ton of them
>>
>>24627130
The dA group http://pokemoncardresources.deviantart.com/gallery/ doesn't have them. Or at least I can't find them on there.
>>
>>24627120
the prevo icons are just dex icons
get them from bulbapedia
>>
>>24627086
>store run by neets
Do you even know what NEET stands for?
>>
>>24627143
go to the next few pages in the gallery, they're there
>>
>>24627120
Just set it up to let us import them in ourselves. I'm sure we can find them/resize them ourselves.
>>
>>24624875

In expanded, lasers.
>>
>>24626141
We could also just do normal Sealed and have the "packs" structured like Legendary Collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NfIivUf_8

Commons and Uncommons are all within the same type and you generally get two basics and a Stage 1 of the same line, set was designed for Sealed. Shame it was underprinted and thus the packs are fucking ~$70 now. I swear to god almost every fucking Youtube pack opening of the set doesn't realize it was done like this on purpose, even people who have near complete sets have to make some comment about it.
>>
>>24626148
Make that Psychock with Paralysis instead of Confusion with Confusion and I'm sold.
>>
ToTT: Fuck tools, there need to be more ways to get stage 2's out early.

Like a Lance supporter that lets you play any Dragon into play but it ends your turn. That could go great with Salamence/Haxorus/Mega Ray.

Hell, simple Maxie/Archie clones for other types work too if you want things like Magnezone to become viable for support.
>>
>Shaymin-EX is the only basic
>>
>>24627156
>>24627143
you find them? they're a bit down on Page 2 of the gallery, and theres just about every card template i think
>>
>>24627152
OK neet at heart better?
>>
>>24627206
Still doesn't make sense because Neet is like pregancy, you are or you aren't.
>>
File: BastiodonMysteriousTreasures21.jpg (151KB, 725x1020px) Image search: [Google]
BastiodonMysteriousTreasures21.jpg
151KB, 725x1020px
>>24626357
Worth noting that they still had x2 weaknesses during the DPt era, but it was reserved for balancing out more powerful cards, typically bulky basics and Level X Pokemon (after the Empoleon/Infernape/Torterra, which were undeniably the most broken ones). Typically Basics had +10, Stage 1 that weren't fully evolved had +20, and Stage 2 and fully evolved Stage 1s had +30/40, and Level X along with Legendaries had x2.

So you could definitely have both, but keep in mind that something like +40 will mean a little base set Charmander is going to scratch a big 'Ol Mysterious Treasures Aggron for 50 damage.
>>
File: BW6_EN_47-1.png (9KB, 65x66px) Image search: [Google]
BW6_EN_47-1.png
9KB, 65x66px
>>24627196
I have the card templates if that was what you are referring to. I was looking for these
>>
>>24627253
oh shit yeah, thats just the dex models from ORAS i think
>>
What if we did one card for each Pokemon? If nothing else we could reprint some official ones.
ofc, itd take fucking ages with 720ish pokemon plus trainers+special energy
>>
File: Hitmonlee Legendary Set Holo.jpg (518KB, 993x1335px) Image search: [Google]
Hitmonlee Legendary Set Holo.jpg
518KB, 993x1335px
>>24625228
>Stretch Kick
That attack was hell back then, since pokemon cards didn't have alot of HP.
Today it's not worth playing.
>>
>>24627176
There just needs to be more (Excluding Pokemon EX). They had this shit figured out back in Gen III, what the hell is the problem?

>>24627276
Good luck getting any duplicates or any evolved pokemon out EVER.
>>
File: top pipper.png (670KB, 570x798px) Image search: [Google]
top pipper.png
670KB, 570x798px
What deck has the most painful starts?

My vote's probably for Giratina/Vileplume. Nothing's worse than opening Unown or Oddish.
>>
>>24627311

At least you can finally use Float Stone again to mitigate SOME of the problems
>>
Are either of the Mega Mewtwos worth a shit?

I'm assuming not.
>>
>>24626171
alright bois, we at it again
Doduo Basic [C]
40 HP No weaknesses
[C] Speed Draw: Draw a card for each energy attached to this Pokemon. You may attach a Basic Energy from your hand to one of your pokemon
[C][C][C] Agility 30: Flip a coin, if heads prevent all effects of attacks (including damage) done to this pokemon on your opponent's turn
1 Retreat

Dodrio Stage 1 [C]
70 HP No weaknesses
ABILITY: Speed Boost: Whenever this Pokemon Retreats, your next Active Pokemon's attacks do 10 more damage, if any
[C][C] Agility 30: Flip a coin, if heads prevent all effects of attacks (including damage) done to this pokemon on your opponent's turn
>>
>>24627343
>No weaknesses
>No Resistance

Do you even Flying Pokemon?
>>
>>24627343
Dodrio has 0 retreat btw
>>
>>24627343
That first Doduo attack is broke as fuck.
>>
>>24627346
>implying Dodrio should even be Flying at all
also a resistance would make it a good bit stronger, which as a utility mon it really wont need
>>
>>24627343
>>24627361
>>24627346
Make them a decent rarity, like have Dodrio be Rare, Doduo be Uncommon, give them a lightning weakness, and i agree the doduo is pretty strong, probably wanna remove the energy accel, or add something along the lines of "next turn you can't play basic energies"
>>
>>24627361
I'd say it's mitigated by its awful HP and the fact that you have to commit all that energy to it AND waste your attack for the turn.
>>
>>24627375
>Rarity
>Mattering in a set that we can't even play or if we could it would have to be free
>>
>>24627375
Nah the whole idea is bad.

Also I don't think it's a good idea to start coming up with movesets just yet. We first need to figure out exactly what Pokemon we want to be in the set.
>>
>>24627414
Why is it bad? It's not like we have exodia or anything, it's just a one-time big-ish draw that takes an insane amount of setting up to amount to anything more than drawing a card or two and dies instantly afterwards.
>>
>>24627414
I think the first place we should start is by including Pokemon who have very few prints over the years. I posted it in the last thread, but here's a list I made of Pokemon in the first 4 gens that have few prints somewhere in their evolution line.

From gens 1-3, I noted those which had less than 10 cards for one or more Pokemon in their evolution line. For gen 4, I did the same but for less than 6.

Some of the ones I think we should really include due to the lack of existing cards are:

>Abra
>Kadabra
>Alakazam
>Krabby
>Kingler
>Bonsly
>Sudowoodo
>Sunkern
>Sunflora
>Stantler
>Mantyke
>Mantine
>Tyrogue
>Hitmonlee
>Hitmontop
>Hitmonchan (by extension)
>Zigzagoon
>Linoone
>Clamperl
>Huntail
>Gorebyss
>Regirock
>Regice
>Registeel

And then, you know, whatever.
>>
>>24627436
Forgot the link because I'm a retard
http://pastebin.com/6UF0K08D
>>
>>24627414
Part of the "movesets" are deteremined by the Pokemon the ability goes on. Plenty of popular cards are remakes of old cards, or at least feautre abilities from previous versions of the same pokemon. Like Dodrio from BREAKThrough. Fuck yeah Retreat Aid. JUNGLE REPRESENT. Also like these cards I'm going to throw out right now.

Abra Basic [P]
50 HP
Ability: Emergency Teleport
At any time during your turn (before you attack) you may return Abra to your hand. (Discard all cards attached to Abra.) You can only use Emergency Teleport once per turn.
[P] Psyshock 10: Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.
Weakness: 2x Darkness
No Resistance
Retreat: [C]

Kadabra Stage 1 [P]
80 HP
[P][C] Calm Mind: Flip two coins. For each heads, you may search your deck for a Basic Energy, and attach it to a Pokemon that is the same type as that energy. If both coins are heads, any damage done to this Pokemon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon is reduced by 20
[P][P] Mind Shock 40: Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for this attack. (Any other effects that would happen after applying Weakness and Resistance still happen.)
Weakness 2x Darkness
No Resistance

Alakazam Stage 2 [P]
100 HP
Ability: Damage Swap
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move 1 damage counter from 1 of your Pokémon to another as long as you don't Knock Out that Pokémon.
[P][P][P] Psycho Panic 60: If the Defending Pokémon is Psychic, this attack’s base damage is doubled.

I got the idea for the entire line when I saw >>24626148's Abra and realized how amazing that would Synergize with Damage Swap, but threw a limiter on it in order to stop it from basically being a full damage wipe every turn. It's also somewhat limited by the fact that you kind of have to have Abra to get Alakazam out in the first place, so you only have 3 Abra left after getting him out.

Thoughts?
>>
>>24627445
I've always found it interesting how they say "before you attack", your turn immediately ends when you attack, right?
>>
>>24627449
Other card games allow you to do things after you attack but before your turn ends, so it's to prevent confusion I'd assume.
>>
>>24627445
The Abra seems great to me.
The Kadabra's first move seems okay but the two heads flip effect seems unnecessary.
I'm digging Alakazam's ability but I'm not feeling the attack.

Also I think HP should be adjusted:
Abra - 40 HP
Alakazam - 110 HP
>>
>>24627464
>Abra - 40 HP
That'd kind of kill the synergy with Abra/Kazam. Right now you could heal 40 damage a turn (in addition to any other healing) with the Abras, but no matter how many Abras you get out you're still limited to only one Emergency Teleport per turn.

Psycho Panic has the effect of doubling base damage because I hate that Psychics are weak against Psychic as a basic rule, and think Ghosts should be moved to Dark so all "Psychic Psychics" could be weak to Darkness and all the "Poison Psychics" could be weak to Psychic. It's also an attack that has been on both an Alakazam and a Kadabra before, so I just stole it and upped the base damage output.

Also he's supposed to have
Weakness 2x Darkness
No Resistance
Retreat: [C][C]
>>
Idea for EX for the homebrew Set. I know there was a Dunsparce EX last thread, will we have EXs? Anyways here's mine.

Kabutops EX Basic [Water]
140 HP

Ancient Scythe [Fg][Fg] 30
Flip a coin. If heads, remove one energy from the opponent's Active Pokemon.

Rallying the Pack [Fg][Fg][C]C]
Search your deck for a Stage 1 or Stage 2 Water Pokemon and put them on the bench. Remove a water Energy from Kabutops EX OR place 3 damage counters on the Pokemon placed on the bench.

Weakness: 2x Grass
No Resistance
Retreat: [C][C][C]
>>
>>24627513
get out.
>>
I think we should only use one line of each type of starters in our TCG. So I made some polls to help us decide which ones we should go with.

Grass: https://strawpoll.me/5976734
Water: https://strawpoll.me/5976752
Fire: https://strawpoll.me/5976767

Though it shouldn't affect your choice, it's of note that the Chikorita line, in terms of how long it's been out, is the least represented of all starter lines in the TCG.
>>
>>24627515
EXs aren't bad in themselves, their only problem is that Pokemon got careless and failed to balance them or give incentive to support Stage 2s. The above power creep wouldn't apply in a custom set made to be played within itself.
>>
>>24627536
I think we should do a line that allows us to do something crazy.

Psychic Bulbasaur line.
>>
>>24627546
>>24627515
>>
>>24627551
Fuck you, it's legit.
>>
File: omoshiroi.jpg (30KB, 465x381px) Image search: [Google]
omoshiroi.jpg
30KB, 465x381px
>>24627546

I'm hearing you.
>>
>>24627554
>legit
GET OUT
>>
>>24627559
Double fuck you.

:^)
>>
>>24627563
>>24627515
>>
>>24627565
Got anything to actually contribute or are you just going to be a faggot?
>>
>>24627565
>>24627577
ha, that one wasn't actually me.
I've been contributing all thread, posting the Mightyena and Dodrio, along with other ideas
I think i deserve to be a faggot for a little while
>>
>>24627436
I think another notable set is Glameow and Purugly. There's only 3 of each.

It'd be pretty funny if we made the Glameow have some horrible MS Paint-tier art and had Purugly look fabulous as fuck.
>>
>>24627014
I think everything else is just there to take attention away from the shoplifting, which is probably the real reason for the ban.
>>
Random idea: A Farfetch'd that has a really strong and incredibly useful attack... but it has an Ability that triggers when you play it down that somehow benefits your opponent (playing off the joke that the Pokemon itself is based on - a wild duck appearing with a leek in it's mouth, a Japanese saying that basically means doing something to fuck yourself over.)
>>
>>24627651
When Farfetch'd becomes the Active Pokemon, the opponent can switch out their active Pokemon for one of their benched Pokemon?
>>
>>24627036

If FA Steven's international release is any indication, the new FA Skyla will be released in BREAKpoint.

>>24627618

Seconded, theft of other player's property is also a real issue in the adult YGO community IIRC.
>>
>>24627651
I kinda like that. Maybe 30 or 40 damage with one Colorless, but your opponent can choose to shuffle their hand and draw 7
>>
BRING BACK DELTA SPECIES
>>
>>24627673
What about a Farfetch'd who does damage based on how many tool cards your opponent had attached to their Pokemon. The tradeoff being that, as long as its in play, your opponent can freely search their deck for tool cards.
>>
>>24627651
Something like this?

Farfetch'd - 60 HP
Ability: Stirring the Pot (Like stirring the pot you're about to be cooked in) - When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your bench, your opponent may choose to shuffle their hand into their deck and draw 6 cards.

[C] Leek Saber - 30+ - If the Defending Pokemon is a Stage 2 Pokemon, this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness: Lightning +40
Resistance: Fighting -20
>>
>>24627703

>basic pokemon that are especially good against stage 2s

fuck off PCL
>>
>>24627735
Well I think that we want to stray away from that, but in this case, it literally has an ability that gives your opponent 6 new cards. It would be a risk vs reward kind of thing.
>>
>>24627767
The problem is that you can just bench them at the beginning of the game, or bench multiples at once to not give a fuck.

Maybe have it so the opponent can activate the ability on a trigger other than when you play it.
>>
>>24627817
That's not a bad idea. Something "As long as this Pokemon is in play, during your opponent's turn, they may choose to shuffle their hand into their deck and draw 5 cards. They may only use this Ability once per turn."

I think 6/7 is too many cards if they can use it every turn. And with the wording, even if you have 4 of them in play, they can only get a new hand once per turn.
>>
How's that MSE template coming? apparently people have tried in the past but nobody has anything still up for download
>>
>>24627831
Oh Jesus Christ. How about something less extreme than that, like being able to play two supporters a turn when its in play?
>>
>>24627922
That sounds fine. I was just throwing out ideas. I'm not the only one here.
>>
Drapion (90 HP) Dark
D - Acupressure - 20
Choose any number of Darkness energy cards attached to this Pokemon, not used to pay for this attack. During your next turn, this attack does 10 more damage for each energy chosen. During your next turn, reduce damage done to this Pokemon by 10 for each energy card attached to this Pokemon that was not chosen.
Weak - Fighting
Resist -Psychic
Retreat - **
>>
>>24627975
S-Snips?
>>
Friendly reminder to go to your LGS and buy Pokemon TCG products.

I got a box of Flashfire today. Pulls:
>Charizard EX
>Mega Charizard EX
>Magnezone EX
>2(!!) FA Charizard EX

I gave all the chaff back to the store and they rewarded me with nearly TWO HUNDRED booster codes.
>>
So I'm new to TCGO and I notice none of my cards I'm getting are tradeable. Not the ones from booster packs I get from challenges, not the ones I buy from the shop. What do you need to do to get tradeable cards/packs? Is it like TF2 where you're required to give them real money?
>>
>>24628084

You get tradeable packs from tournaments that take tickets to enter. You can also rarely get them from winner's wheel mystery boxes.
>>
>Chikorita -40HP
>Ability: Healing smell - Whenever you attach an energy to Chikorita, remove all status conditions and effects of attacks on each active Pokemon
?G - Cut - 10
>>
>>24628084
Why are you playing PTCGO right now? They ruined it.
>>
>>24628095
Oh, I see. So keep playing until I get tournament tickets and then use those to get tradeable packs, that makes sense and follows the OP tutorial.

>>24628103
Because I haven't played the TCG since the Game Boy games and don't want to spend a bunch of real money for something I haven't played in over a decade and aren't sure I like. Plus I only started playing TCGO after that update that ruins everything so I don't have experience with the way it used to be.
>>
I know ya'll hate Reddit, but this is a decent idea and might be able to push them to fix the fucking game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ptcgo/comments/3sdf6b/ok_folks_who_are_upset_at_the_update_today_is/
>>
>>24628115
Gimme your username, new anon.
>>
File: wololololo.jpg (112KB, 433x599px) Image search: [Google]
wololololo.jpg
112KB, 433x599px
any items that could make this guy more effective? Just need to attach energies really quick.
>>
>>24628133
Bronzong and Mega Turbo.
>>
>>24628133
>Battle Compressor
>Mega Turbo
>>
>>24628126
Linkeui
>>
>>24628116
Mostly just /v/ hates reddit. /co/ hates tumblr more and /a/ hates social media along with every big board that isn't /a/.
>>
>>24628137
>>24628141
I don't own any battle compressors or bronzong. Give more.
>>
>>24628149
Then trade the Mewtwo for your staples because that's all you're getting.
>>
>>24628143
Put up something useless you have for trade. Assuming you have something tradeable? It's so I can give you some stuff to help you get started.
>>
>>24628133
Go double mega starring Hoopa with Manectric EXes.
>>
>>24628154
Don't have anything tradeable yet, sorry. I do appreciate the offer though.
>>
>BREAKthrough finally released here
>Buy three blisters
>Pull FA Mewtwo X as well as FA Houndoom-EX and its regular counterpart

I think that's a good start, should I just quit while I'm ahead and buy singles? Like I mean fuck it's a big set
>>
File: tooEZ.png (92KB, 330x224px) Image search: [Google]
tooEZ.png
92KB, 330x224px
>People think this new update makes the ladder too hard
>>
File: corocoro12152.jpg (267KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
corocoro12152.jpg
267KB, 1024x768px
Greninja BREAK confirmed.
>>
>>24628174
It was confirmed a while ago. The card scan itself and regular greninja and manaphy-ex are new.
>>
>>24628174
>double ability greninja
I'm game

>>24628168
Yeah I wouldn't pay for packs unless you're weighing or getting a full box.
>>
>>24628174
>Manaphy EX with what looks to be 170/180 HP please please please
>>
File: 20151111_034540.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20151111_034540.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Here the Ducklett I promised yesterday, I will use a scanner and lots of black ink to make him digital after you decide about it's design
>>
>>24628174

>those new cards

Too much water, 8/10
>>
File: 1372812027865.png (266KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1372812027865.png
266KB, 640x400px
http://aicohol.deviantart.com/art/FOR-SALE-NEAR-MINT-GOLD-STAR-UMBREON-BIN-OBO-571529737
>>
>>24628206
So is this like, the rough draft or is this as good as it can be?

Also...
>Drawing a Pokemon that nobody has even begun to discuss adding.
>>
>>24628222
>$300
That was before my time with the TCG but... is that anywhere near realistic? Even if it was mint? Why would it be worth so much?
>>
>>24628232
It was the first, never tried to draw this quack before.

I told I would draw him last thread.
>>
File: 1423254424663.jpg (40KB, 291x302px) Image search: [Google]
1423254424663.jpg
40KB, 291x302px
>>24628206

>be pretentious enough to use a trip named "drawfag"
>can only doodle

I can see this is going places
>>
>>24628206
Be honest, how old are you?
>>
>>24628264
19, sir, 20 in two weeks
>>
>>24628269
Just making sure. From your drawing I thought my 8 year old niece might have found her way here.
>>
>>24628264
I thought he said English wasn't his first Language.
>>
File: what card poll.png (289KB, 420x590px) Image search: [Google]
what card poll.png
289KB, 420x590px
to the people doing card designs save them on a txt file or something for now (so that they don't get lost)
we are not quite at that point.

>>24627536
I like the idea of one starter of each type
but all of them being hgss seems kinda dumb
especially after we just got a typholosion in the real set.

based on recent release I think
Venusaur Feraligatr and Infernape would create a good balance
then again this is just my opinion (this poll allows multiple voting so I won't include it in the pastebin)

>>24628206
>>24628264
don't be too rough on him things look a lot better with color than just a few lines of grey
but at the same time drawfag
just irl scribbles don't really help I was hoping you could draw digitally, if not you'd need a damn good camera to capture it properly without any loss, at this rate we might as well dip into the drawthreads and ask people there once we have a good amount of cards that only need art and nothing else.
>>
>>24628282
What's your point?
>>
>>24628285
Wait, did no breaks really tie with no megas?

I figured being all these sets into a major game mechanic like megas would've been way different from this TCG-only horrible looking and balanced one.
>>
>>24628285
Like I said, first I will check about the image, the pose and everything. After that I will digitalize it, so don't worry
>>
>>24627536
Gen 1, 3, and 6 starters have gotten a ton of love lately.
From Gens 2, 4, and 5
>Chikorita gets no love
>Feraligatr and Typhlosion are pretty well off card representation wise
>Torterra doesn't get much and Infernape kind of fell out of public eye after Gen 5
>Empoleon gets a lot of TCG love
>Samurott doesn't get much after initial oshawott stuff
>Emboar has some TCG love while Serperior gets Contrary in the games

I'd say something like Chikorita/Samurott/Infernape from that, but that's just from what I see. Not sure how accurate it is.
>>
>>24628354
Right now, Chikorita, Totodile and Chimchar are winning.
>>
>>24628372
Oh hey, I got 2/3.

Maybe re-poll a bit again after for specific combinations, because two Gen 2s and a Gen 4 would be really annoying.
>>
>win a bunch
>suddenly deck never gets shuffled

For fuck's sake.
>>
>>24628423
I had a theme deck match where i got 12 energies in a row.

Somewhat surprisingly, the opponent was similarly screwed and seemed to be drawing nothing but pokemon.
>>
>>24628285
>Poll to decide what the thread wants
>Thread wants Gen 2 Starters
>"We're not doing that"

Hey fuck you too man.
>>
>>24628446
>then again this is just my opinion
reading is hard
>>
I decided to make a tripcode. Cause why not?

I'm the guy who originally came up with the idea of us starting the set. I'm also the one who has been posting like half of these polls.

Polls are god. Even if my favorite Pokemon doesn't get in, I won't complain because polls are god. So for those bitching about "But I don't want it that way!" then make a poll and see what everyone else thinks. This is a community effort, after all.
>>
>>24628464
I think it's mostly anonymized strawpolls in specific situations that people have gripes with.

You can't explain "I want Totodile, but only if we just make it Gen 2 starters" when you vote for that. Then if it turns out to be Totodile, Turtwig, and Chimchar, the person voting contributed doubly to something they didn't want, and you can't just know which 15 people who initially said Tototile want to change their answers now.
>>
I'm the guy who's done a bunch of MtG card design - I'm not tripfagging until I actually contribute something of worth outside random observations about making a draftable set.

I hope that guy working on MSE template(s) gets back to us. I want to make some cards already.
>>
File: 004KidlingCard.jpg (217KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
004KidlingCard.jpg
217KB, 857x1200px
>>24628490
I'm actually the one who made the Sage cards that have been posted here. I've made a ton of non-sage cards as well.

Though you mentioning Magic makes me wonder... Has anyone ever tried to like... make an entire Magic set using Pokemon?
>>
>>24628510
>Has anyone ever tried to like... make an entire Magic set using Pokemon?
That's been done way too often and multiple times on /vp/ alone.
It's also been done as Yugioh cards with Pokemon and at one point I think I remember seeing some Pokemon Vanguard cards.
>>
>>24628510
>Though you mentioning Magic makes me wonder... Has anyone ever tried to like... make an entire Magic set using Pokemon?
I'd rather someone try to port Commander into Pokemon. Maybe EXes count as Commanders?
>>
>>24628519
Neat. I don't really know anything about other TCGs, but that's pretty cool. Only other cards I ever collected besides Pokemon were Digimon cards back in the late 90s/early 2000s. Though I never had any idea how to even play the Digimon card game.
>>
Is goodstuff.dec viable in pokemon?
>>
>>24628717
What?
>>
File: CThOPIcUkAA8jam.jpg (91KB, 501x700px) Image search: [Google]
CThOPIcUkAA8jam.jpg
91KB, 501x700px
[W] Water Clone: Search your deck for up to 3 Frogadier and put them on your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.
>>
>>24628928
He looks kinda like Greninja
>>
>>24628928
>1/4/4 greninja lines
>evosodas instead of rare candies
Looks like I'm running Miltank/Greninja/Octillery
>>
>>24628928
This is exactly what my Greninja deck has needed.

>>24628962
I'd still play more than 1 Froakie, but 2 should be enough. It's like a mutant version of the good ol' 4-2-4.
>>
>>24628928
Greninja BREAK better be fucking good if it's going to warrant have 4 out at once.
>>
>>24628995
The Water Shuriken Greninja is already good to have 4 of at once.
>>
I wonder if special water energy has something to do with evolution. Like: when you attach it, you can look for an evolution of the same pokemon. Or maybe the pokemon it's attached to can evolve freely like with Forest of Giant Plants.
>>
File: xy legendary treasures.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
xy legendary treasures.png
2MB, 1366x768px
ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR XY LEGENDARY TREASURES 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO?

FEATURING AMAZING CARDS AS: FA HEX MANIAC, SHAUNA, SYCAMORE, SHAYMIN, GOLDEN XERNEAS AND YVELTAL AND OTHER AMAZING REPRINTS!

Fall 2016

Pokémon© Inc.
>>
File: 1427164288668.jpg (112KB, 343x408px) Image search: [Google]
1427164288668.jpg
112KB, 343x408px
>>24629034

>that Sycamore and Shauna
>>
>>24629037
They are the only ones I found. Sorry.
>>
>>24629037
it's fake
>>
File: eugh.png (336KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
eugh.png
336KB, 500x462px
>>24629046
>>
File: garbage.png (1MB, 1023x1057px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.png
1MB, 1023x1057px
dumping my meme decks
>>
>>24629034
>>24629037
Someone once posted a really cool custom FA Sycamore before, wish I had saved it.
>>
>>24629102
>All that energy
why
>>
File: Professor Sycamore.png (3MB, 1238x1718px) Image search: [Google]
Professor Sycamore.png
3MB, 1238x1718px
>>24629109
>>
>>24629116
Saved. I'll fix the image when somebody posts a good Shauna FA.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 349x328px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 349x328px
>>24629116
[blushing intensifies]
>>
File: Shauna.png (3MB, 1548x2148px) Image search: [Google]
Shauna.png
3MB, 1548x2148px
>>24629120
Why didn't you ask?
>>
>>24628464
Let's put this guy in charge. Tripfag is kind of pushy with his opinions for my taste.
>>
>>24629430
Maybe this set dev thing deserves its own thread.
>>
>tfw no Android app
>>
File: image.jpg (306KB, 420x590px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306KB, 420x590px
>>24629109
this one?
>>
>>24629110
Only tryhard faggots who think they are ze competitivo put less than 10 energy on their decks.
>>
>>24629643
Obviously not.
>>
>>24629102
for the Gourgantic deck - that's way too much Psychic energy. I'd recommend maybe 5 grass/5 psychic/4 DCE? then with the space you save, you can throw in some more trainers.
>>
>>24628717
It's always tier 1.
>>
File: dear god.jpg (52KB, 332x319px) Image search: [Google]
dear god.jpg
52KB, 332x319px
>>24629643
Jesus, how does someone get that bad at art?
>>
>>24629034
Shaymin-EX in every pack?
>>
File: Untitled.png (707KB, 942x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
707KB, 942x600px
So, as it would turn out, this is the best expanded deck I have.
Any suggestions for improvements?
>>
>>24628717
What would a "good stuff" deck even look like in Pokemon? Would it just be Seismitoad and Shaymin?
>>
>>24630274

1 Keldeo
More Float Stones
Remove the Eelektross (that's just me though)
Some non EX attackers ie the Rayquaza from Dragon Vault)
>>
>>24630290
>>24628717
Seismitoad, Shaymin, Voltorb/Electrode and maybe Sigilyph.
>>
>>24630110
Thanks for the advice. I was already thinking it had too much energy. I've barely played it though so I havent revised it all that much. It's quite fun. The 200 hp thing gets people a lot.
>>
>>24630207
Oh god please no.
>>
File: uxie.png (507KB, 403x546px) Image search: [Google]
uxie.png
507KB, 403x546px
Uxie is the savior we need.
>>
File: ss (2015-11-11 at 11.12.12).jpg (97KB, 791x646px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-11 at 11.12.12).jpg
97KB, 791x646px
>>24628490
Yesterday was my birthday so I didn't get much time on it I'm afraid. I'll work on it when I can today. I'm at work now but considering my job involves web design and programming I'm always at a computer.

Here's where I'm at. Not very far I'm afraid but I haven't had a whole lot of time.
>>
File: Frogs.jpg (100KB, 593x630px) Image search: [Google]
Frogs.jpg
100KB, 593x630px
Greninja BREAK – Water – HP170
BREAK Evolution – Evolves from Greninja
Greninja BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.
Ability: Giant Water Shurikan
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may discard a [W] Energy from your hand. Then, put 6 damage counters on 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon.
>>
Manaphy-EX – Water – HP120
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Aqua Cube

Each of your Pokemon that has any [W] Energy attached to it has no Retreat Cost.

[W][W] Mineral Pump: 60 damage. Heal 30 HP from each of your Benched Pokemon.
>>
File: 1 S K I L L.gif (243KB, 287x287px) Image search: [Google]
1 S K I L L.gif
243KB, 287x287px
>>24630406
THIS IS THE END
THE ERA OF BENCH SNIPING HAS BEGUN
>>
>>24630411
>Active

Wait, never mind. That's really bad.
>>
https://strawpoll.me/5980318

Okay so Strawpoll only allows up to 30 choices apparently so this isn't a complete list, but we'll consider it part one of a big poll on which lesser-printed cards we want to add.

So far it seems like we've agreed that we want to have:
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Tyrogue
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Grass Starter Line
Water Starter Line
Fire Starter Line

So this is where we begin trying to figure out what else to include. You can vote for as many options as you like, but try and only vote for ones that you REALLY want to see.
>>
>>24630410
So basically a Darkrai for Water.dek? Pretty cool.
>>
>>24630393
Happy birthday m8.
>>
So if I'm understanding, BREAK is just a fancy reskin of Level X?
>>
>>24630426
you are missing quite a few important ones I'd say
uxie azelf and mesprit have been represented horribly since that one terrible mistake
>>
>>24630406
Not as good as I hoped for, but not terrible. More HP and a second shuriken with more damage if active. With cards to switch actives, you can deal a theoretical 360 damage before attacking.

The new Greninja under it is pretty decent too, might play one of those with 3 Shurikens.

Greninja – Water – HP???
Stage 2 – Evolves from Frogadier

[C] Shadow Slip: During your opponent’s next turn, each Pokemon he or she has in play, in his or her hand, and in his or her discard pile has no Abilities (including Pokemon newly brought into play).

[W] Gekko Slash: 60+ damage. You may choose 1 [W] Energy attached to this Pokemon and return it to your hand. If you do, this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0
>>
>>24630393
Happy birthday! And it's cool, we're in no rush really.

>>24630418
It's not, really. Switch, Escape Rope, Float Stone/Manaphy will let you switch around. With enough energy searches and retrievals, and four Greninja BREAK in play, you can do 150 WITHOUT switching. Pretty much any deck running low HP stuff is going to get eaten alive.

>>24630464
I just went down the list starting from gen 1 until I realized there was a 30 choice max. They'll appear in a future poll, don't worry.
>>
>>24630494
>>24630494
new rotation
>>
>>24630393
Looks sweet, do we have any sort of ETA on when it'll be done?
>>
>>24630304
Thanks for the input but here's the deal.
Keldeo won't do me much good since Skyarrow Bridge lets me retreat Rayquaza for free and even when I don't have it out I can still make due (more on that later).
The single Float Stone is actually for Eelektross and I almost never put it on any or my Rayquaza.
The reason I have Eelektross is because its ability can move energies form my bench to my active and makes it so I don't even need to retreat Rayquaza.
This also makes it so that I can stockpile energies on my bench on any pokemon for later and instantly charge up another if my active is ever KOed.
Eelektross is also able to OHKO every single Pokemon that is immune to Rayquaza.
Finally, DV Rayquaza is a really bad card.
I don't get why anyone would run it.
>>
File: ray.png (1MB, 1253x717px) Image search: [Google]
ray.png
1MB, 1253x717px
>>24630304
>>24630723
I just did a quick game to take a screen cap to help illustrate my point.
This guy had hoped to stall me by making one of my eels my active.
However, I just used them to charge up my Rayquaza (the one that has 4 energies on it).
Then I played Eelektross so I could move all the other energies to my active eel and call it back.
>>
>>24628238
Only available in POP5. Was fucking absurdly rare within POP5, you get either Espeon * or Umbreon * every 80-90 packs minimum, some people say it's even higher than that.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.