[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon TCG General: Devs hate us themselves and their game-edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 68

File: angry mob.jpg (31KB, 893x211px) Image search: [Google]
angry mob.jpg
31KB, 893x211px
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

News/Legal List/Set scans/etc
>http://pokebeach.com/

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>unlock all locked cards in the three theme decks you're given at the start
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>enter theme tournaments with basic green and get both hitters prized
>enter standard/expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes a tradable pack
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>use the Trade section to trade the packs and chests for the shit you need
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ for a list of viable decks or ask here

Your physical cards probably aren't worth shit, but check sites like Trollandtoad, eBay and TCGplayer for the shinier ones to see if you can make a decent 5-10 bucks off them before you ask in the thread. We don't have the prices memorized for every single card.

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. For example, Top Cut Trading inc
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2/

Pack codes are worth about 15-30 cents while other codes are worth around a dollar or two.

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Never post them as text, even if they're missing a letter/number
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered

ToTT: Are you playing less/more now? do you still care about the update?
>>
>ToTT

I got on Mr Bones' Wild Ride three days before the update. I want to get off Mr Bones' Wild Ride.

(I grinded out to 820pts in Versus on the new client LITERALLY KILL ME)
>>
>ToTT:

I still play about the same, but I only had about 500 points to go to finish up this versus ladder. We'll see if I can still stand it after doing a full 2k post-update.

Honestly it's only a big difference when playing the AI; people were always pretty pokey, especially in tournaments. But I'd still much rather have the option to turn off the animations.
>>
Anybody has tips how to use the wobbufet deck? I'm around 900 and first time using it. But i have no idea how to make this work...
>>
>ToTT:

Just logging on to do the daily rewards. I have no motivation to put up with the animations. I go to league on Saturdays now to get my TCG fix. Going to make my bunnelby/hypno mill deck in real life when I get some money.

Thinking of replacing the hypno line with Houndoom-EX when I see one to trade for.

BreakSHIT related: Am I correct in thinking that Zoruark will work with eeveelutions but Zoruark BREAK will not, even though Zoruark BREAK can use the attacks of it's previous evolution? This may be a new meme deck in the making.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (79KB, 501x700px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
79KB, 501x700px
PP Max – Trainer
Item
Look at the top 6 cards of your deck. You may choose a basic Energy card you find there and attach it to 1 of your Basic Benched Pokemon. Shuffle the remaining cards back into your deck
You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).
>>
File: laughingsluts.jpg (32KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
laughingsluts.jpg
32KB, 300x269px
>Your physical cards probably aren't worth shit,

Speak for yourself, OP.
>>
>>24618468
>still can't read
>still reading newfruit advice
>>
>>24618460
it's a better ether in a way but the limitation to only benched pokemon will hurt decks with high retreat costs and no float stones

Rage of The Broken Sky is such a cool name
>>
>>24618460
neat
it's not strong but I like swampert so that would be a cool addition to such a deck
>>
>>24618468
this desu, senpai. Unless you're a newfag, you should have some valuable cards at this point.
>>
>>24618488

Well said, desu, senpai.

>Inb4 richfags

Just gitgud and trade more. Doesn't require a budget.
>>
>>24618452
No, Zoroark BREAK will not work with the eeveelutions. Zoroark BREAK is not a stage 1, it's a BREAK.
>>
File: DiglettCard.jpg (269KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DiglettCard.jpg
269KB, 857x1200px
It was mentioned in the last thread, but why don't we make our own TCG set for shits and giggles?
>>
>>24618475
The other limitation is that the benched Pokemon must be a Basic.
>>
Are there any good Jolteon or Typhlosion decks?

Used to rock a Jolteon ex/Typhlosion ex deck back in the day and I'm feeling nostalgic
>>
>>24618522
Thanks m8, there's bound to be players trying to play it like that because it's a new mechanic. If I ever made a Zoruark/eeveelutions deck it'll have to be a 4-4-2 line
>>
File: TyphlosionBREAKthrough20[1].jpg (293KB, 746x1012px) Image search: [Google]
TyphlosionBREAKthrough20[1].jpg
293KB, 746x1012px
>>24618565
Ancient Origins Jolteon gets put in loads of decks that use stage 1s because of the ability and free retreat.

New Typhlosion looks to be not terrible but stage 2s really aren't all that viable these days as main attackers.
>>
File: 110.jpg (41KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
110.jpg
41KB, 354x500px
>>24618580
It's crazy how big the power creep has been since I stopped playing in 2006

People used to shit their pants when I played pic related but in the game now it would be a small fry
>>
>>24618580

>potentially 400 damage for 1 energy

ayy lmao
>>
>>24618545
okay then with you and me and that other guy we are three people already.
I'll tripfag to make everything easier.
The very first thing we should agree or disagree on is if we follow the basic set rules
(number of EX cards, number of break cards, representation of all types,...)

next would be what do we include
-my personal vote would go towards no fakemon, and preferably pokemon cards that aren't represented in the current standard format already. but of course if the majority wants to include fakemon or want to reinvent already printed pokemon I'd adjust to that as well.

-do we include a new mechanic in an attempt to balance an existing issue that bothers about the game? can we do that?
/or do we stick to what we are given right now??

Our set could use a basic theme to follow
Ancient origins had a lot of EX hate with vespiquen, eeveelutions and the three regis,
while the EX cards focused on control with Giratina, M Ampharos, Hoopa and Sceptile

Breakthrough focuses their non EX cards on Stage2 mons with overall high value (Gallade, Gengar, Haxorus, Magnezone...)
on the other hand the EX cards seem kinda dull only dealing pure damage with no utility whatsoever. An overall upside down of Ancient origins

What do we want to do with our theme?
do we want to build up support for break cards (things like mega turbo)?
do we want to create support for multi colored decks?
do we want to give our EX cards unique and interesting abilities?
these are just suggestions I'm throwing in there are many more options!

so the first step should be a theme for our set and then probably a name that fits that
so lets hear your suggestions!

here is one strawpoll to start with:
http://strawpoll.me/5961877
>>
>>24618587
That nigga was great for powering up Salamence ex, thank fuck for those Fire-type Bagon and Shelgon δ.
>>
>>24618589
Just need a forest of burning plants and some way of seeing the top 5 cards of the deck before attacking and suddenly the card will be considered broken

Quick, someone make a meme deck of the new typhlosion line, rare candies, ultra balls and loads of fire energy and report back.
>>
>Try out Chesnaught Break
>ok first turn, didn't get Illumise starter but at least I have 2 Chesnaughts on the field and the energy attachment
>opponent's turn
>compressor, compressor, shaymin, DCE, muscle band, shaymin, dimension valley, compressor, sycamore
>night march for 180
>lysandre to OHKO whatever's trying to set up on my bench every turn after that

this is truly a nice and balanced game with many viable options
>>
>>24618460
>Basic only acceleration
Great, all those evolution decks dominating the format were getting annoying
>>
File: SCHIGGY.gif (4MB, 373x210px) Image search: [Google]
SCHIGGY.gif
4MB, 373x210px
>>24618659
>play bad deck
>lose
>insult the game
>>
>>24618659
>Next game, manage to power up three Chesnaught Break
>The attack does 0 damage to the active, only damages itself and the target on the bench
KEK

>>24618665
Yeah, my point obviously wasn't that Vespiqueen March, MManectric and ToadTina are the only viable decks.
>>
>>24618674
git gud son
>>
where is the anon with a tradable celebi promo
I'll suck his dick for it
>>
File: 9281998516_5f668a1fc5_m~2.jpg (4KB, 100x76px) Image search: [Google]
9281998516_5f668a1fc5_m~2.jpg
4KB, 100x76px
Is there a way to make good and gimmicky Pikachu deck?
>4 Pikachu EX
>4 Pikachu cards from XY series
>4 XY Raichu cards
>4 Break Raichu
>>
>>24618990
Call for family FA Emolga
Yveltal Killer Dedenne
>>
So is all this grinding shit in versus for tickets for tourneys for tradeable packs JUST for the ones who don't want to spend money?
I spend $6 on 30 Phantom Forces packs (recommended by one of you guys from a thread last week) and I now have a shitload of cards to work on a fun deck.
Plus, one can buy packs from 15-30 cents each to trade towards expensive digital singles.
So I reiterate- if I'm willing to spend a little money, does all that versus grinding for measly packs matter?
>>
>>24618990
>>24619053
make it an unlimited deck and throw in some hgss pichus
>>
>>24618624
I liked the idea of making it a stand-alone set that's not meant to interact with the current metagame at all. Otherwise, the cards would have to compete with official cards in terms of power, meaning they'd either likely push out the current cards or be so underpowered that nobody would use them. The easiest way to make a balanced set would be to rebuild the metagame from the ground up using the existing mechanics.
>>
>>24619250

I'd like to see a meta with no ex pokemon
>>
>>24618624
If you manage to get this shit off the ground, and it isn't a complete clusterfuck, I can speak to the tcgone guy about implementing it. I used to do a lot of bugtesting and such in the early days of the site, so I know the admin there. I know he's expressed interest in doing an original set before, but nothing really got off the ground.
>>
File: atrocious.jpg (45KB, 369x500px) Image search: [Google]
atrocious.jpg
45KB, 369x500px
Is this the single worst card in the history of the TCG?
>>
>>24619259
ex Pokemon are fine as a concept. They just need to be significantly less centralizing than they usually are. Like I said in the last thread, I really liked how BW used the mechanic specifically to make legendary Pokemon powerful like they are in the games, but with a drawback. (they just overdid it by making them so much stronger than every other Pokemon in the game)
>>
I have successfully disabled an animation today. Unpacked, modified and repacked the asset file. It will take some time to disable all of tjem (there are hundreds). Stay tuned.
>>
>>24619266
>you can never deck out
The card is amazing, what are you talking about?
Would run 4 of in every meta deck.
>>
I haven't played in about a month and a half. What did they cock up this time?
>>
>>24619266
That might be one of the worst cards in any TCG.
>>
File: low power.jpg (76KB, 237x450px) Image search: [Google]
low power.jpg
76KB, 237x450px
If you could return the game to any previous power level, what would it be and why?
>>
>>24618460
i like it, great future
>>
>>24619316
I pretty much liked the power levels or early mid DPPt era of TCG, before Luxray and Garchomp went pubstomping the meta.
-Weakness and Resistence were more balanced, weaker basics have +10 weakness, stage one +20 and so on, with almost all types having one of each and the in-game types having more differentiation within the tcg types (only ground pokémon have electric resistance in the fighting type);

-Legendaries were allowed to be strong basics albeit with the drawback of having x2 weakness and no further stages save for some that had Lv. X;

-Attacks more well costed, with some attacks having useful effects for free. Also, attacks were more diverse, at least I can't remember the bullcrap of every evolving basic going measly 30 for 3 energies that started on BW.

Sorry for the rant, I will cut it short before I go further.
>>
>>24619130
Bump for a reply to this
>>
>>24619130
>>24619451
What do you mean does it "matter"? It's a way to get more cards without spending money. No more no less.
>>
>>24619474
Fair enough.
Time is worth more than my money, that's why I was asking and I got the answer I needed, thanks.
>>
>>24618990
Just make a Ray/Eel deck and swap Ray EX for Pikachu EX.
That is probably the best you're going to get.
>>
File: bn6qwctvrwx0m6bnkkdz.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bn6qwctvrwx0m6bnkkdz.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>Two prize cards
>Opponent has an active EX

>I have 7 card left on the deck
>One unown in the bench
>Two compressors in the hand
>I need a dimension valley to win

>I concede

Why the fuck do i always come up with a way to win AFTER i concede?
>>
File: 1402783522420.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1402783522420.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>24619672
>mememarch players
They always play like retards, I cant count how many times they deck themselves out against me.
>>
File: photo.jpg (16KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
16KB, 252x252px
>>24619687
It's the only deck i could afford with like 3 tradeable chests
>>
>>24619707
If you have a Night March, you can win tournaments. Get more packs that way, there's a 6-ticket tournament available now.
>>
>>24618656
I made one last thread:

>4 Cyndaquil
>2 Quilava
>4 BT Typhlosion
>4 Rare Candy
>4 Ultra Ball
>4 Level Ball
>4 Sycamore
>4 Birch
>30 Fire Energy.
>>
How much is fucking Trevenant XY55 even worth?

Are they seriously more than a single pack each?
>>
>>24619774
I was thinking of putting 4 blacksmiths in just to recycle some energies lost by the 400 damage attack
>>
>>24619802
You only need one to attack, no reason for Blacksmith. You could try Energy Recycler though.
>>
>>24619274

You need a reason to use stage 2s at all
>>
Just won a tournament and decided to open the 5 Packs. Shitty Mewtwo FA, MGlalie FA, Glalie EX-FA and Reverse Raikou. Holy shit that felt good.
The fact that raikou is a regular rare and is the best card out of the pulls cracks me up.
>>
>>24619901
Is Glalie really that bad?
I get the normal one is next to worthless, but I would think the mega would be usable if you have magma base.
>>
>>24619936
>being illiterate
>>
Are Rayquaza decks still viable in standard? I barely seem to run into any.
>>
>>24619901

which mewtwo is it
>>
File: 231AguanautACECardV2.jpg (308KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
231AguanautACECardV2.jpg
308KB, 857x1200px
>>24618624
I came up with an idea when I was making my Pokemon Sage fakemon cards. It could use some refining, but this is the basic idea.

(Keep in mind that when I was making them, I was intending to have their power creep be overall lower than the current metagame so in that context this card would be kind of strong)

Pokemon ACE would be your... ace, your trump card. You couldn't truly build a deck around them because you can only have one-of in your deck, but they would be so much more powerful than any other card that drawing into it could completely turn the game on it's ass and it would be a race to kill the opponent's ACE before it could power up and start sweeping.

Anyway, aside from that, I like this idea:
>do we want to create support for multi colored decks?
Since we won't have as many cards to work with, I think having decks which can work well in a multicolor situation would be a good idea. One idea I had was having a Sunflora (since it's one of the lesser represented cards) with an Ability called Sunny Day that allowed you to attach an extra Grass or Fire energy to one of your Pokemon each turn, so it would be used in both Grass and Fire decks.

As for a name... what about something that uses /vp/? Like... I dunno... Victorious Power or something like that.
>>
>>24619954
Normal ray or dragon ray?
I can't say I know either way since I don't play standard, but I still see normal from time to time in expanded.
I know for a fact that old ray/eel still works since I'm using it just fine in expanded.
>>
Is medicham a viable deck? He seems cool.
>>
File: AzurillDiamondPearl69.jpg (80KB, 350x495px) Image search: [Google]
AzurillDiamondPearl69.jpg
80KB, 350x495px
So I went through and compiled a list of all the gen 1-3 Pokemon who had less than 10 cards printed in at least one of the Pokemon in their line. I think for this set we're making, we should try and include as many of these as we can. How many have been printed is written next to each Pokemon (according to Bulbapedia).

http://pastebin.com/evxSaN4Z

Some Pokemon I think we should definitely include no matter what:
Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam - I think we all know why this one has so few cards.
Tyrogue/Hitmonlee/Hitmontop/Hitmonchan? - Not only because there's so few Tyrogue, Hitmonlee and Hitmontop, but because it could have an interesting dynamic where each evolution has a completely different use in battle. This also made me think that maybe we should make Baby Pokemon into just Basic types and have Hitmonlee etc be Stage 1 cards.
Krabby/Kingler - Least cards out of all gen 1 Pokemon.
Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium - Starter line with the fewest cards.
Sudowoodo - Few cards on it's own, but Bonsley only has 1 card ever released outside of Japan.
Snubbull/Granbull - Has few cards, but it would also be nice to have as a Fairy type since I believe it's also the fairy card with the fewest prints.
Regirock/Regice/Registeel - Legendaries with the fewest prints in relation to their age.
>>
>>24620210
I wouldn't mind seeing the Linoone line thrown in there for some sort of support for the bench.

Maybe an ability that would allow you to flip a coin to return an item back to your deck every turn or something.
>>
File: egg.png (27KB, 110x107px) Image search: [Google]
egg.png
27KB, 110x107px
>>24620266
>Flip a coin for a back to deck

Either make it back to hand or remove the coin flip.
>>
These jews took our BREAK tournaments away an entire week early. What the fuck.
>>
>>24620317
Might have had something to do with the people abusing the basic blue. Still, we shouldn't be punished because of their shitty coding.
>>
>>24620351
Theme tournaments have been disabled since day 1 of this 'event', so it wasn't that.

PTCGO is just run by incompetent baboons, I suppose.
>>
>That feeling when playing Metagross and no one I play against is running Judge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfX5XqWjFgo
>>
>>24620210
Why don't we use sage Pokemon instead? I think that'd be more interesting to make
>>
File: 160ViipiiCard.jpg (208KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
160ViipiiCard.jpg
208KB, 857x1200px
>>24620524
I made multiple half-assed mockups of them before, and I do think that'd be a fun idea, but it's up to everyone else to agree with that.

Though there is a problem with Sage - it has a huge type imbalance. There's A LOT of Pokemon that would be Grass, Water and Fighting types, but very few that would be Fire, Electric, and Metal. I mean sure, we could have multiple cards for Fire and such Pokemon, but there's still an absolute shitload of Grass types.
>>
>>24620363

It was.

>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/35408-in-development-theme-tournament-fix-and-233-refinements/
>>
Why do people bully stage 2 pokemon when using them is basically the same as using megas?

>basic is the EX
>rare candy is the spirit link
>mega is the stage 2

And now they make broken as shit ones like >>24618580
>>
>>24620763
Because stage 2's don't reward you for the effort you have to go through to use them. Megas do.
>>
File: 100SomberadoCard.jpg (250KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
100SomberadoCard.jpg
250KB, 857x1200px
Okay so look, here is the problem with making a Sage TCG set.

http://pastebin.com/yHPe5Vth

This is what type(s) each Pokemon would fit under. There's an absolute shitload of Grass, Water, Fighting and Psychic types but very little of everything else. Like sure, we could go with having two of some cards, like having Eronze have both a Fire and a Metal card since they are both types lacking in cards, but it still doesn't compare to how many of the other types there are. Plus there would be an absolute shitload of cards to make, so we would have to actually make 2 or 3 sets to keep them balanced with how many cards are in the average set. Plus don't forget, we need to make Trainers too.
>>
File: SHIGGYlyph.png (405KB, 420x590px) Image search: [Google]
SHIGGYlyph.png
405KB, 420x590px
>>24620811
>using shitty fake blanks
>for a fake set
>for fake Pokémon
Shit nigga, you're taking "fake" cards to a new level.

I kind of miss making fakes though, it's been 3 years since I last bothered.
>>
File: 20151109_174444~2[1].jpg (788KB, 1460x2279px) Image search: [Google]
20151109_174444~2[1].jpg
788KB, 1460x2279px
>Walk into card shop to sell card bulk
>bulk is mostly energy cards anyway, but they got a new girl working there who doesn't check
>get paid $100 bucks and she gives me this paper and free booster pack for coming today.
>Tells me there are going to be prizes to win
>Grand prize is a rare set of XY cards, that won't be shown until the day of the tournament.
>girl tells me, the owner knows someone from the Pokemon Company who sent him a butt load of really rare cards

I don't have no idea what these cards could be, but I really want try my chance to win,

So I come to you guys since you look like to be on top of this more then I am, and I want to build a good deck.
I have all the cards I need to build any deck, Just don't know what deck to build?
You guys have a favorites you like to use that kicks alot of ass.
>>
>>24620951
Night March will be the cheapest. If you want damage, just do Mega Tyranitar and Bats. Darkrai and Yveltal help
>>
>>24620811
Somberado looks legitimately cool.
>>
>>24620811
If we were doing sage, it wouldn't have to just be Sage. It could be a combination of Sage and real Pokemon.
>>
>>24620998
I would like to draw some art, but don't have any kind of tablet...
>>
>>24620998
Hmm... I don't like the idea of mixing them. I'd rather either just go with only real Pokemon or only Sage.
>>
File: PokePoliceOfficerCard.jpg (245KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PokePoliceOfficerCard.jpg
245KB, 857x1200px
>>24620998
>>24621046
https://strawpoll.me/5967574
This will help us to decide whether to use real or fake Pokemon.
>>
Sage comes with the built-in advantage of giving us a basis for trainer cards, since they're almost always based on characters/items/locations from the most recent games.
>>
File: 1405866963865.jpg (53KB, 700x484px) Image search: [Google]
1405866963865.jpg
53KB, 700x484px
>>24620951
>Night March will be the cheapest
>cheapest
>I have all the cards I need to build any deck
>I have all the cards

I don't really want to build a cheap deck like Night March, but I can give a small list of what cards I have to build decks with and see if you guys think it's a good idea.
Since the tournament is Expanded Format, I can pull out cards from Black&White.

>MewtwoY deck, using B&W Mewtwo EXs
I was thinking of maybe throwing in MewtwoX with Shrine of Memories, so I can still use X ball.
>GroundonEX deck
I have a mess Groundon cards, but not sure what other pokemon to add to it.
>Tina/Vileplume deck
I was thinking of adding Toad, but I only have two Toad EX
>Colorless Mega Fug deck
Don't know what to add to it
>My safe deck MManectric/Yveltal EX deck
I use this deck before in a tournament, and did really well, until I had to quit because of work

Well, that's all I can think of from the top of my head, I have other EX cards, but these are know to be the best, so I'll stick with that for an easy win.
And I really want to win, I can't say no to free stuff.
>>
File: lewd.png (328KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
328KB, 245x342px
>>24621069
I want this to be real, but to be more lewd.
Like the Joy card.
>>
>>24620024
The normal one. I somehow got a hold of 4 Shaymin EX and was thinking of building a Ray deck but I don't know how to get around doing it.
>>
>>24621139

I'm not sure why it was dropped from the OP text, but this link helps out in supplying skeleton decklists (you'll have to make an account to view the lists).

>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/metagame-deck-discussion.250/

You can also check out the results of this Fall's Regional Championships on Pokemon's main site.
>>
File: 1373875120121.gif (2MB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1373875120121.gif
2MB, 300x400px
>>24621344
>(you'll have to make an account to view the lists)
...I'm desperate, so I'll do. thanks.
>>
>>24621371
Don't "create" an account and wait for an activation link, I gave up waiting after a week. Sign in with a google account instead.
>>
File: TrainerProfessorMangroveCard.jpg (202KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TrainerProfessorMangroveCard.jpg
202KB, 857x1200px
>>24621121
Yep.
>>
File: connectionissues.png (363KB, 1016x621px) Image search: [Google]
connectionissues.png
363KB, 1016x621px
I didn't think playing shiftry could get any slower, but I was proven wrong. My opponent could only stand 11 minutes of me having to wait 10+ seconds between each card.
>>
So is Brigette good or what?
>>
If someone could whip up an MSE template I have literally nothing better to do than make cards for Valiant Prowess / Victorious Power / Vicious Predators / Vaping Professors
>>
>>24620280
Well, there needs to be some restriction since one item back to the deck every turn would be broken, and even with a coin flip placing items into you hand thanks to an ability would be OP.
Think about it this is a cheep way to recycle VS seekers, lasers, mega turbos, and ace specs with little to no cost, so coin flip and placing back into the deck would stop it from being outright broken.
>>
>>24621508
Maybe in wobbats
>>
>>24621419

Shiftrys a good deck though
>>
File: Are you.png (89KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Are you.png
89KB, 400x400px
>>24621605
>>
File: Moltres 1.jpg (248KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Moltres 1.jpg
248KB, 857x1200px
okay so far our two stawpolls only let us determine one thing
we want balanced cards
I'm hoping I worded that correctly but with that I implied cards that are on the powerlevel of what we currently have

https://strawpoll.me/5967574/
this poll leaves us on a 4 against 4 for
pure official vs mixed pokemon

http://strawpoll.me/5961877/
we can't agree or disagree on a small of big set, but maybe this isn't as important just yet

my personal issue with sage are new typings
it would be hard to balance them properly and force us rethink the current tcg weakness cycles.
but I really like the idea of using the NPCs from sage since i liked their design and as >>24621121 said they deliver a good base.

so far we have one name suggestion with "Victorious Power" which I like.
>>
The dream is finally dead.
I've played 10 games in unlimited with my anti-DONK deck and I only ran into a single DONK deck.
Before the update, 9/10 games were me vs DONKers, and that was actually a faster way to grind, but now...
I've traded 2 packs for a 3rd Shiftry and I've built a passable deck.
It is time for me to become the thing I swore to destroy.
>>
File: d.png (239KB, 390x409px) Image search: [Google]
d.png
239KB, 390x409px
>>24619266
I have the SL version and apparently is really valuable online
>>
File: artflow_201511092007.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
artflow_201511092007.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Didn't we make a set before? Like, a long time ago? I can't remember. I know I've made a few sets in the past but my HDD was wiped so all I have left was a few cards.
>>
>>24621760
I hope no such things as fighting stadium, strong energy, etc existed on that set
>>
>>24621774
I propose a stadium card that let's sage 2 pokemon do 50 more damage to EX pokemon.
That should make it so that people are more willing to use sage 2s.
>>
>>24621723
>felt too guilty
>went back to anit-DONK
>first game was with a DONK deck
>he surrendered before the coin flip
I needed something like that.
>>
File: van.jpg (177KB, 354x520px) Image search: [Google]
van.jpg
177KB, 354x520px
Do someone here play vanguard?
>>
>>24621810
>>>/tg/
>>
>>24621826
But anon, I'm trying to talk about other pokétcg players in specific.
>>
In other news bought a RL booster today on a whim. Pulled a Malamar-EX. Wahey

>>24619299
I am tuned. Was the game the same length though, since the opponent were turned on? Still, no mild headache would be nice.

>>24619775
Supply & demand. Trevgar is possible again now in standard thanks to float stone. So a pack each is about right. Before we knew this was coming, they were going for about two for a pack or three for two packs.
>>
>>24619299
I am tuned as fuck
>>
File: Vgbt06023.jpg (93KB, 354x514px) Image search: [Google]
Vgbt06023.jpg
93KB, 354x514px
>>24621810
Present.
>>
File: I have to deal with this.jpg (18KB, 174x284px) Image search: [Google]
I have to deal with this.jpg
18KB, 174x284px
>>24621852
That's like going to /p/ to talk about the latest issue of Spiderman.
>>
>>24621707
What Pokémon would be preference, Trip-san?
>>
File: pokemon dark.jpg (33KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon dark.jpg
33KB, 375x523px
>>24621707
I think before anything else, we need someone to make a Magic Set Editor template. That will allow us to easily edit cards if they need to be changed for whatever reason.

http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

We can get resources for the templates here: http://pokemoncardresources.deviantart.com/gallery/

Pic related is the only MSE template that exists already and it fucking sucks.
>>
>>24621810

Yes, and I despise the English game's economy when there are way too many people try to hoard and speculate cards For all the gripes I have with Pokemon TCG at least its economy is relatively stable

>>24621950

I think he is trying to gauge if people in /vp/TCGG also play other card games secondary to Pokemon
>>
File: CMnmwkAWIAAEle4.jpg (21KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
CMnmwkAWIAAEle4.jpg
21KB, 600x330px
>playing vs mental might
>absolutely dominant board, no chance of decking out
>mirror barrier
>mirror barrier
>mirror barrier
>mirror barrier
>>
>>24621965
>For all the gripes I have with Pokemon TCG at least its economy is relatively stable
>shaymin-EX
>Donphan
>VS Seeker is a 7 dollar uncommon
>Max Potion's prices
>>
>>24621966
I'm retarded, I meant the new psychic deck with Noivern and Wobbuffett
>>
File: 1392252438190.jpg (156KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
1392252438190.jpg
156KB, 863x752px
>>24621966

>playing against Malamar-EX
>never wake up
>he wins every coin flip with his attack
>>
>>24621962
Where we could join to have a better organization at this? Something like "/VP/ makes a TCG Set General"?
>>
>>24621965
Yeah, it was really that, also I want to start playing and would be nice to know someone, since in my region nobody plays this, just Magic/Poké/Yugi
>>
>>24621982
Sounds like a plan. Make it?
>>
File: MirrorForce-TF04-JP-VG.jpg (32KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
MirrorForce-TF04-JP-VG.jpg
32KB, 544x544px
>>24621966
???
>>
>>24621982
I'd like to be in on this too. I wonder if there should be "founders" or if it should just be a ragtag think-tank kind of deal?
>>
>>24621991
>>24621996

English isn't my first language, I don't want to screw up this. Also, I think we need to make other things first, like a pre-balancing of the meta and other things like that, since random people who only enjoy Pokémon but doesn't understand the TCG very well starts to rush in.
>>
>>24621962
just create them in gimp/photoshop
the deviant art thing you posted gives instructions on how to make them look exactly like real cards
(how many pixels away from what border for each text field and so on)

it shouldn't be more than a few people designed the final cards anyways
everyone can create concepts and shit in cheap generators
then we vote on the cards if they are cool
and its up to a few people to create the actual card

>>24621982
this isn't really needed so far
we aren't that many people and sticking to the tcg general for now would help us get more people in on it
this is not like creating a game
we don't have to code
we don't have to animate

surely if this explodes we'll HAVE to move away because we can't be shitting up the tcg general
but as of now why don't we stay in here?
>>
>>24622004
I can see that. Soon we'd be flooded with suggestions along the lines of "hahaha fart 2 energy 400 damage and you win the game haha go exodia XD" or whatever.
>>
You guys are always saying fire is bad, why is that?
>>
File: sudowoodo break.png (167KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
sudowoodo break.png
167KB, 320x240px
Sudowoodo BREAK confirmed!!!!
>>
>>24621971

I did say "relatively" stable, there are very few tournament legal cards in Pokemon right now that had its prices suddenly jumped from a few dollars to $20~30+ because of new card induced hype besides NVI Archeops

>Shaymin-EX

Staple, and TPCi should makes Shaymin EX tins this is from a guy who own 7 of them

>Donphan

I will give you that one, but now it went back down to a buck or two compared to the high point of $30/playset

>VS Seeker is a 7 dollar uncommon

Almost a 4-of staple, that is par for the course with cards like Holon Transciever back then. I hope it gets reprinted in Breakpoint since the Palkia deck thing contains it

>Max Potion's prices

Only printed twice (I wouldn't even count the second print since that's a Secret Rare), hopefully Breakpoint will have it reprinted due to the new print and the prices drop to a dollar or two instead of $5
>>
>>24622007
>>24622010
Suggester here. Yeah, I think it's better we stay here for a while. I think I will star drawing some arts tomorrow for we use in the cards.
>>
>>24622012
Generally useless support.
>best cards from before all use basic fire energy (fiery torch, stadium, emboar, blacksmith)
>introduce special fire energy that works with like 2 cards
>total of like 2 good basics and 3 decent-ish evolutions, the latter not working at all in the current meta because lolstage2, lolmegas exist and >mega houndoom whereas the former is just decent because generic and because entei is a fun deck
Overall if Fire could figure out what the fuck it's trying to do, it wouldn't be so bad.
>>
File: embrace the donk.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
embrace the donk.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>TFW play shiftry and donk someone

Is this...what pure evil feels like?
>>
>>24622007
I used that when I was making proxies for playing at local league before AO was out.

You have to improvise a fuckton.
>>
>>24622016
VS Seeker started as a 35 cent common, Shaymin went from like 15-20 dollars to 40-50 dollars out of stock on fucking TCGplayer of all places after the Lysandre ban.

>there are very few tournament legal cards in Pokemon right now that had its prices suddenly jumped from a few dollars to $20~30
There aren't that many in Vanguard either. Just Shadow Pals and Aqua Force hype.
>>
>>24622013
Why not just a good EX? Break is mostly shit anyways.
>>
I picked up Dank Hammer and it's pretty fun. Anybody got other theme decks to recommend me?
>>
>>24622054
>the joke

>your head
>>
>>24622004
I like what someone else had said before, about having the game balanced to encourage multi-type decks. Where just because something is say, Water type, doesn't mean it can't be viable energy acceleration for other types.
>>
>>24622063
Get Night March unless you're really fixed on theme decks, in which case I'd recommend Voltage Vortex or the Red Genesect Collection if you feel like going out on a limb, it's probably the best theme.
>>
>>24622063
Storm Rider is really satisfying to pull off and having a gorillion hand size in Aurora Blast is fun as fuck.

Mental Might is the closest to a deck with actual strategy it tries to pull off.

I really like stalling with the Flashfire Thunder deck into doing 160 damage with Luxio after 4 prizes, but that's me.
>>
File: 16d.png (337KB, 589x284px) Image search: [Google]
16d.png
337KB, 589x284px
>>24621981
>Opponen has Malamar-Ex on the bench
>Attach 3 energies
>My pokemon wakes-up immediately
>Malamar's turn as active
>Gets 3 tails
>He concedes
>>
>>24622071
How would I get Night March? Would I need to go lose some tournaments and trade the chests for it, or can I buy it in the store somewhere?
>>
>>24622068
We also can play on TCGOne, some stage one could be good with the eeveevolutions, mainly if we use the scheme of babymons being turned into basic.
>>
>>24622073
WHO THE HELL YOU THINK I AM?
>>
>>24622081
Lose tournaments is your best option. Also, gimme your username, I have something to help you get started.
>>
>>24622098
Ungulateman

Appreciate the help.
>>
File: 1324529309111.gif (961KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1324529309111.gif
961KB, 480x270px
>>24622040

>VS Seeker
>35 cents Uncommon

Should I assume that was only when Phantom Forces first came out on Troll and Toad? It almost became a staple when it came back to Standard and it already jumped to a dollar or two in various stores that I venture to

>Shadow Paladin and Aqua Force hype
>mfw the Abyss pair and Lambros will forever stay at $40 a piece
>>
>>24622081
Yeah, lose some tournaments, but wait until there are theme deck tournaments.
That will give you a slightly better chance at winning a game or even the whole thing.
Packs will get you cards extremely faster than chests.
>>
>>24622103
You should tag something useless as "for trade" so I can post it.
>>
>>24622116
I'll stick a Double Dragon Energy up once I'm done in this tourney. I'm playing against baddarktypes.dec with my Fighting deck so I'll at least win the first round?
>>
File: temp.jpg (65KB, 957x286px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
65KB, 957x286px
>>24622106
Vs Seeker had to be continually hyped on even /vp/'s threads for a while after it came out because people just didn't see combinations of things like Lysandre's->Vs Seeker for infinite cards, or Korrina->Vs Seeker for infinte Korrina. It struggled to be above 99 cents until even mid-February despite the set coming out in November.

Vanguard has reasons for high priced cards since they have a rarity system which rewards people who buy cases and the cards are much rarer. Compared to the 2 potential RRRs in a box, you get like 6-7 EXes and Full Arts per box of Pokemon on average
>>
>>24622082
>babymons being turned into basic.
I like that idea.
>>
>>24622138
It isn't mine.

>>24620210
>>
>>24622121
jesus fucking christ why do i have so many giovannis and so few fighting energies, none of my good cards can use double colorless anyway
>>
>>24622068
I think tomorrow I will draw a ducklett to the set then
>>
Another idea I like that was mentioned before is that every card should have some clear use. There shouldn't be any useless filler cards that no one would ever put in their deck in a million years.

Even shitty basics of stage 2s should have some aspect to them that could make them somewhat useful in some situation. Whether it means giving them a useful Ability, or having an attack to draw some cards, search your deck for a specific kind of card, and so on and so forth. Like, sure, they can have a shitty 1 energy attack that does like 10 damage, but they should also have some other useful attack/ability.
>>
>>24622116
Thanks a ton, man! I already had a few of these, but this'll really help me out.
>>
>>24622121
Sorry I didn't give you the whole night march set, but I did include some swaggy psychic energies and a Mew-EX, which is really damn good in the deck.
>>
>>24622132

>2 RRRs

A regular box is either 3 RRR or 2 RRR + 1 GR. Back then it was 3 RRR or 2 RRR + 1 SP, and pray God that you pulled a good SP instead of a shitty one lol Mistress Hurricane

Extra Boosters: 1 RRR in 15 packs
Clan Booster (a new thing): 2 RRR or 1 RRR + 1 GR in 12 7-card packs

>Vanguard has reasons for high priced cards since they have a rarity system which rewards people who buy cases and the cards are much rarer.

While true, but the booster boxes are much cheaper than Pokemon. I always feel that Pokemon boxes gives you way too much useless cards relative to the cost.

>Compared to the 2 potential RRRs in a box, you get like 6-7 EXes and Full Arts per box of Pokemon on average

Even then I rarely feel like I get my $85 worth unless I pulled really good. The increased EX/Full Art pull is still meaningless to me when most of those cards are $5~10.
>>
>>24622155
Whatever, 3-4th place is good enough for a random booster, and I got Phantom Forces. What should I be trying to trade this for, assuming I'm building Night March?
>>
>>24622181
Compressors. 2 for the pack, probably.
>>
Also, someone mentioned before having a single Mysterious Fossil to restore any Fossil Pokemon in the same way that it was in the old sets (the Fossil itself sort of acts like a Robo Sub). I think it would be a good idea to include one fossil line of each applicable type, so... one of each of these:

Water: Omanyte/Kabuto/Titouga/Amaura
Fighting: Like practically fucking all of them.
Grass: Anorith/Lileep
Metal: Shieldon
Colorless: Aerodactyl/Archen
Dragon: Tyrunt

This way, not only would it make the Fossil much more useful as a whole, but in multi-type decks it may keep your opponent guessing on which one you're going to play into it (or if you're going to evolve it at all).
>>
>>24622208
Well, I will try to draw an Archen tomorow, aside from the ducklett, then
Adopting a trip would be too much faggotry from my part?
>>
>>24622221
Go for it if you have stuff to contribute.
>>
>>24622208
fossils should just be a "search for a basic pokemon" card, with ancient pokemon just being regular basic pokemon.

Fossils were always a hassle and most people just avoided dealing with them.
>>
>>24622235
But it was a hassle because it was done stupidly. If we make the Fossil basically a clone of the Robo Sub, it has utility as a substitute, and then all we have to do is make the Restored Pokemon worth the effort to play.
>>
>>24622226
Thanks
>>
Also, why there isn't much Alakazam cards, like the other anon said?
>>
>>24622241
You're playing a deck full of stage ones that have extra shitty basic forms and that is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>24622270
Because a stage magician who popularized spoon bending and whose name is referenced by Alakazam's japanese name sued nintendo.
>>
>>24622270

Because jews

Seriously
>>
>>24622285
Oh, that Uri Geller episode.

>>24622273
Maybe we can do something to make fossil useful, first we can make just one fosill for all mons, maybe we can make something like "You can evolve this fossil in the same turn", or give fossil evolved mons a benefit.
>>
>>24622285
It's so much worse than that. He wasn't just a stage magician - he actively wanted people to believe he genuinely had psychic abilities.
>>
Give Fossil Pokemon an ability which gets better if you got them from a Fossil.

Like, random example, Kabuto would have a {C} ability with 'Draw a card. If Kabuto was put into play by a Fossil (templating?), draw two cards instead.'
>>
>>24622270
urigeller case of way back
basically until tis resolved they won't print another thing holding spoons on a trading card.

>>24622208
or how about this insteaad of letting people abuse the fossils in non fossil orientated decks (as extra robo subs)
instead we make a single strong fossil that maybe has even 50hp but in order to play it you have to reveal one card that evolves from a fossil from your hand. (and then we have one fossil evolution that may be even able to abuse other fossil cards + robo subs like donphan)

>>24622249
>>24622307
dude an alakazam would be cool
also I'm happy we have a drawfag in here ( I can draw myself but I'd prefer do the final card design, since I haven't seen anyone who did a realistic looking card yet.)
>>
>>24622285
Kadabra, actually.

>>24622307
I like the idea of making it able to evolve on the same turn.
>>
>>24622326
Alakazam line is pretty much required for us to include.
>>
>>24622329
I tought about this because we can use item search engine to give them the benefits I said, them, giving they the extra bonus
>>
>>24622307
I really think fossils should be a utility trainer, much like pokeballs. The game doesn't force players to play a pokeball before playing a pokeman each and every time, despite that being more accurate. You don't have to play a metal coat to evolve an onyx into a steelix or have megastones to play megas, either. It's a manner of playability over flavor.

Having to plop down extra cards to play your pokemon is a hassle with little benefit. Unless, the plan is to have evolving through funky mechanics to be a major gimmick in the set, in which case, it would mean the set would be properly balanced around the having specific trainers to play your pokemon madness.
>>
>>24622322
Yeah, I'm very versed how to fake spoon bending thanks to him
>>
>>24622340
You do have a point. So what if we tagged all of them as Basic Restored Pokemon, and had a Fossil Item that searched your deck for any Basic Restored Pokemon in your deck and let you put it into your hand? It would be a "conditional Pokeball" of sorts, like how Dive Ball and Level Ball are - no cost to play, no risk to play, but with a narrow search mechanism.
>>
>>24622368
Maybe give them an correlationed ability and make the fossil card search pokémon with that ability.
>>
>>24622007
>>24621962
It's weird that there are no templates already.

I like game design, but hate fucking about with images.
>>
File: ss (2015-11-09 at 10.48.55).png (162KB, 1578x443px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-09 at 10.48.55).png
162KB, 1578x443px
Should I keep going or am I wasting my time?
>>
>>24622405
It would be very cool if your persist
>>
>>24622405
Do it!

>>24622380
That could work, but what would the ability do on it's own?
>>
>>24622416
I though about something related to their recent awakening from the fossil, maybe a "Awaken My masters" reference.
>>
Updated list of underrepresented Pokemon.

http://pastebin.com/6UF0K08D

Now goes up to Gen 4 and has dividers.
>>
>>24622427
>>24622416

I don't care in using minor memes on the cards, nothing that will turn the game in a memefest, but I would like a few things.
>>
>>24622462
some inside jokes you could say
discreet enough to make someone who doesn't know it overlook it entirely.
let's hope we can do it

>>24622442
I'll create a pastebin for all the stuff we have so far
>>
>>24620811
A big problem with the official TCG is that a lot of types are lumped under one category except when they are not.

Types like dark and steel are niche as fuck, often concentrating only on the pokemon with the type proper, while stuff like grass gets a shit ton of types lumped together. One thing that can be done for the set is to re-stablish what each energy type can represent. Such as poison pokemon being flagged under dark or ice under steel.
>>
>>24622462
I vote against memes.
>>
File: 1351147745548.png (564KB, 624x650px) Image search: [Google]
1351147745548.png
564KB, 624x650px
>>24622482
>ice under steel

Explain.
>>
>>24622413
>>24622416
I'm pretty persistent. I'll see what I can do.

It might take me awhile though. I'm surprised it hasn't been done already though.
>>
>>24622482
I don't think altering so much the type stabilished identity Ice under steel isn't cool, but Poison can definitely be under dark.
>>
>>24622416
Ancient power: this pokemon also counts as fighting

Alternatively: once per turn before your attack, you may discard a card, if you do this pokemon counts as fist

This way, they can all be rocks without being rocks on the card.Could be further made into a gimmick in the set by having a some dual type pokemon with a differently named version of it.

>>24622462
Nay for memes.
>>
>>24622498
I think it's about breakability and Fighting weakness, Principal-sama.
>>
>>24622482
>Ice under Steel

I would almost understand colorless, but steel?
>>
>>24622482
>Such as poison pokemon being flagged under dark or ice under steel.
>ice under steel
that's a huge stretch. I feel like steel needs to remain a single type just because none of the other types really match it. To compensate for the lack of pokemon, there should be a decent amount of steel-focused trainer cards to boost them.

>poison pokemon being flagged under dark
I feel like Ghost would be more fitting under Dark, though this would make a lot of psychic-types weak to psychic now weak to dark (poison-types could still be weak to psychic)

You could move rock-types to metal (and maybe rename it Mineral), but I feel like it's pushing it. the only advantage I see there is that no TCG type would then encompass more than 2 game types.
>>
>>24622498
fire melts them, fists break them. It's not that much weirder than poison being fucking psychic.
>>
>>24622512
I liked it, then we wouldn't need to do two cards of the same mon.

Also, I think I misinterpreted memes, I'm talking about some discreet jokes, like tripfag said
>>
What's the cheapest standard deck I can put together? I've been playing for a little while but I've been stuck in theme because I don't have any good pokemon. I have a few packs and I'm working on getting more whenever theme tourneys come up.
>>
Can we make it a rule that no completely retardedly useless attacks make it in? Shit like a Basic Pokemon with [F][C][C] Flip a coin if tails this attack does nothing - 30.
>>
>>24622540
Night March is an staple in budget, also it is used to rank very high on official tourneys.

>>24622542
We already discussed this, we will try to make all cards viable.
>>
I had an idea for a new style of "EX" type card we could make. What about Pokemon Fusion? Where it's two Pokemon combined. Pic related.

They would count as two types at once, and they would be supremely powerful - the catch being that you need to get both of their forms in play - in this example case, both Beedrill and Pidgeot - stage 2 cards.

But here's the kicker - when you play the Pokemon Fusion, you remove all damage counters from the Pokemon required for the fusion, then attach all Energy cards attached to them to the Pokemon Fusion. Then you place all the other cards in the lost zone.

So basically it allows you to set it up before it gets into play and also heals all damage and is super powerful. On the flip side, like EX, the opponent takes two prizes for them.

You might say "Well 2 Stage 2 is a lot of work" but they would be balanced to be worth the effort it takes to get them into play.
>>
>>24622512
>Alternatively: once per turn before your attack, you may discard a card, if you do this pokemon counts as fist
Nah son, then it wouldn't work with Focus Sashes and such.
>>
>>24622542
>>24622549
A thing to consider is the power level of the set, and how it interacts with evolutions. You could have it as a straight up rule that attacks don't vary much in raw power between evolutions and basic pokemon, but evos do add versatility. Heck, you could have the default mechanic for evolving pokemon be BREAK-like so they keep their old abilities and attacks.

Generally, most basic pokemon should be on similar ground regardless of whether they have evolutions available.
>>
Here is a fakemon I did some days ago, just to show my art and stuff.
>>
>>24622579
no no no no
stop
>>
File: breakthrough metadata.jpg (619KB, 566x4047px) Image search: [Google]
breakthrough metadata.jpg
619KB, 566x4047px
http://pastebin.com/4tD25gSb

here is what we have for now
let me know if I forgot anything

I also did a short analysis on what a big set looks like
and how each type is represented, that should get us a general idea on how many of what we can include if we want it to look professional
>>
Anyone have any good ideas for the new Zoroark from Breakthrough? The one with Stand In. Or Glalie EX? He reminds me of that old Yanmega.
>>
Is it just me or are there fewer shitters in extended?
>>
>>24622596
>Anyone have any good ideas for the new Zoroark from Breakthrough? The one with Stand In.
He's splashable into basically every single deck.

There's nothing you really need to think about
"want free retreat? Sure!" Toss in a 2-2 line and some float stones.
>>
>>24622588
Needs more Metal.
>>
>>24622596
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baXVuM3PI9A

I really liked that
>>
File: softlock.png (833KB, 1028x554px) Image search: [Google]
softlock.png
833KB, 1028x554px
Exeggcute pls. This isn't a double battle, you just softlocked me.
>>
>>24622586
So is that just like... a rough sketch or...?
>>
>>24622619
Did this during a random class, never studied this mon or anything, did all from my mind at first thought
>>
>get a 1000 damage challenge for fighting
>first deck is a Zoroark deck, I'm running Gallade
>takes 30 minutes and I only end up getting 500 because Landorus did it all

Fuck these animations to death.

>>24622596
Glalie + Octillery + Empoleon is the only possible Glalie deck that can work.
>>
>>24622581
Make it until the end of your opponent's turn or something. Could be made so it works as long as the pokemon has energy of the proper type attached.
>>
>>24622588
That's not the set you want to use as reference. Only three sets in the history of the tcg have ever been made with a standalone metagame in mind, and this is the only one that's generally considered to be good:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Legendary_Collection_%28TCG%29

Something akin to that, but with about 1.5x as many Pokemon and significantly more Trainer cards.
>>
>>24622702
do we really want to do a standalone set though?
we even have someone offering us a representation in a simulator if we do a decent job with the cards
we might as well just add on to the actual game
>>
>>24622702
You probably won't need more trainer cards if we use the standard/expanded pool.

Or just give us staples
>Sycamore
>Skyla
>Shauna
>N
>Colress
>Ultra Ball
>Vs Seeker
>Professor's Letter
>>
>>24622340
Wanting to turn Pokemon's one and only unique method for bringing a Pokemon into play is in poor taste. If the mechanic is really that much of a pain, just leave those Pokemon out of the set. There are 700+ others to choose from without having to strip away a 20 year old mechanic of the game.
>>
File: IMG_20151110_171018.jpg (3MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151110_171018.jpg
3MB, 3200x2368px
>Live in Nu Ziilund
>No BREAKthrough around my local stores
>Order ETB off the internet since it's like the only thing I can reliably find
>Get shitty rares and few trainers

Even opening the Mewtwo/Darkrai box was more exciting, the pattern on the Zoroark coins are neat

At least the dice/sleeves aren't so bad I guess
>>
File: Pikachu_Libre_anime.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu_Libre_anime.png
2MB, 1280x720px
We should totally make a card of this guy. No regular Pikachu, no Pichu, no Raichu, just this little motherfucker. And he will be the only card in the set that absolutely sucks shit.
>>
File: IMG_20151110_175658.jpg (2MB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151110_175658.jpg
2MB, 2368x3200px
>>24622738
And here's the inside of the cardboard that's packaged around the box itself, as far as I know they've been putting art on them since Roaring Skies as the FFI and the PRC ones I've owned never had it.

Of course, 3D shit doesn't look as good as the drawn/painted stuff.
>>
>>24622714
Yes, we want to do a standalone set. Trying to balance a set against the current metagame is a disaster waiting to happen. Either a small handful of original cards will be worked into current metagame archtypes and the others would be ignored or the vast majority of the cards will need to be outright better than the alternatives that exist in standard in order to justify being added to the format in the first place.
>>
>>24622754
>Pikachu Libre-EX
>90 HP
[L][L][L][L] 90 Damage
If the opponent's Pokemon is not an EX, this attack does nothing
>>
>>24622549
Does nightmarch work without mew-EX (which I believe is expanded)?
Does it include vespiquen?
>>
>>24622772
Yes to the first question

Some variants to the second.
>>
>>24622765
I was thinking something more like...
>Pikachu Libre (Basic Pokemon)
>Fighting
>50 HP
>[F] 20 damage, flip a coin, if tails this attack does nothing.
>[L] [C] 20 damage, flip a coin, if heads, the defending Pokemon is now paralyzed. If tails, this attack does nothing.
>>
File: GardevoirWaifuCard.jpg (291KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GardevoirWaifuCard.jpg
291KB, 857x1200px
My suggestion for how we should handle the "special" Pokemon ala EX in our set. I call it... Pokemon Waifu.
>>
>>24622735
Sacred miltanks should be desecrated in the name of good game design. If it's broken, fix it.

"It's always been this way" is a bad excuse. And fossils are not a unique mechanic, they are just reskinned evolutions.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (263KB, 1085x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
263KB, 1085x800px
>>24622808
>not full art
What kind of shitty ass waifu game is this?
>>
>>24622758
well I was under the impression we don't want to create a mega manectric that only hits for 100 damage instead of 110
but create cards that don't exist yet, fill gaps and maybe make already existing weak types stronger
something like strong red attackers
steel support
respectable yellow EX attackers
dark utility that distinguishes it from green and purple
stuff that makes the underapreciated status conditions stronger
multicolor support
things we miss in the original tcg

if we create a standalone set we might as well make an entire new cardgame that doesn't have any of the issues we have in the current state. A standalone set would probably mean over 300 cards to properly represent enough pokemon of each type and decent trainer cards, can we design and balance over 300 cards?
>>
File: LopunnyStarEXCard.jpg (786KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
LopunnyStarEXCard.jpg
786KB, 857x1200px
>>24622819
I didn't know Pokemon* was a thing at the time I made this.
>>
>>24622819

Sorry, but Full Art are now only for EXs and Supporters and the rare occasions like the ones in Radiant Collection

>SP Olyvia
>Card alone costs more than a Pokemon deck with 2~3 Shaymin EXs

orz
>>
>>24622822
You know what time it is?
POLL TIME!
https://strawpoll.me/5969593
>>
>>24622831
You have 3/4 arts for ancient traits though
>>
>>24622826
>>24622831
This reminds me... To the guy who is making the MSE template. Are you only going to make Basic/Stage 1/Stage 2 templates or will you do stuff like Item/Supporter/Tool/Stadium and FA templates as well?

I don't think there's any need for regular EX templates (if you include a FA template), Break templates or Ace Spec templates though.
>>
>>24622841
I don't think EXs are a good card type for the health of the game. Generally, it's just a stronger basic type pokemon, supposedly in exchange for some risk in the way of extra prizes for the opponent, but the extra power tends to way overshadow the risk.
>>
File: chatroll.png (786KB, 841x478px) Image search: [Google]
chatroll.png
786KB, 841x478px
Ayyyyy
>>
>>24622856
I think if the set does end up being standalone, we should have no EXes or anything like them, but I do think it would be cool to include full art secret rares of various cards as well.
>>
guys I failed my Pokemon Professor's exam. Is anyone here actually a Professor?
>>
>>24622856
90% of EXes aren't even better than 2 basic Yveltal.
>>
>>24622880
I'm a professor because I have to judge at the card shop I work at.

I'm also a level 2 Yugioh judge.
>>
Hows this for a card?

Dunsparce EX
>HP: 140
>Colorless

>Ability: Serene Grace: Once during your turn, after you flip any cards for an attack or trainer card, you may ignore all the effects of those coin flips and begin flipping those coins again. You can't use more than one Serene Grace ability per turn.

>Attack: Drill Away
>[C][C]
>20 Damage
>If the opponent's active Pokemon has the same type of energy as Dunsparce EX, place one of the opponent's active Pokemon's energy in the discard pile.

>Weakness: Fighting 2x
>Resistance: None
>Retreat: [C]

It's an EX that serves largely as support, but has a way to escape from danger if it somehow gets kicked off from the bench, and can possibly hurt the opponent in ways besides damage.
>>
>>24622888
see I don't work at a card shop or anything, but I'd like to volunteer at events. How can I actually go about that?
>>
>>24622895
Well, you have to pass the judge exam for one so you're qualified.
>>
>>24622897
>have to wait 30 days
man
>>
>>24622714
>we even have someone offering us a representation in a simulator if we do a decent job with the cards
Just throwing this out here: I ain't calling in a favor if it's just something tagged on to the current metagame. We saw with the implementation of the Japanese Vending set that there's no real interest in "x metagame... with one extra set". It's time consuming as fuck to program in a set, so I'm not gonna even bother asking him if he'd do it unless the set is strong, fun and balanced enough to keep people playing for longer than it takes for the novelty to wear off.

So really, don't even use this as a factor when making your decisions, because it's no simple matter.
>>
>>24622835
okay then that looks like it'll end up being a standalone set

that gives a large amount of new options but also a lot of work to do
I'll start collecting goals/categories to put into a strawpoll once this got enough votes
such as:
-lower hp overall
-remove ex/break
-less/more typings
-lower damage output
do you have any ideas?
>>
>>24622901
But yeah, after you get accepted so you're not just a troll-judge calling false rulings, just talk with your event coordinator about judging.

If someone calls judge and you come over during an official tournament thing after you get approval from the host, you're in.
>>
Has anyone thought that maybe we don't need a whole bunch of artfags to draw a ton of brand new art for us?

Why can't we just look up people who have already done artwork and posted it online for free and politely ask them if we can use it for our free TCG set? I don't think most people would object as long as we gave them credit.
>>
>>24622856
You didn't play during the original ex era, I take it? The ex Pokemon back then were strong, but not to the point of mostly negating the 2 prize penalty. They saw play, but there was never a point where you'd run into them during almost every match.
>>
>>24622923
Joltik says even 30 HP lowest can still be viable so long as there's something making you good. Meanwhile a max of 130 should be fine. Honestly, as far as basics go right now, the actual TCG is doing an okay job.

Removing break is a given, considering it's a shitty gimmick. Removing EX might be trickier due to how the game is already balanced and how megas work.
The game is decent when it comes to typing right now.
Damage output just depends on whether or not EXes stay (if you're having Megas), and I guess whether that also means minimum damage
>>
>>24622923
I think the HP can stay the same and attacks can be kept about the same too, but we'd remove things that have infinite damage caps (except for maybe shit like "flip until you get tails" since that shit never outputs much damage anyway).

I don't think there's any need to change the types.

One thing I would like to see though, is to turn fairly useless staple Trainers into something better. Like take Poke Ball and give it Ultra Ball's effect.
>>
>>24622936
well there is nothing speaking against break cards if you could make them stronger as well
especially in a standalone set
give them more hp or more utility and they'll be used.
you can't just cast something out in a standalone set.

>>24622943
>>24622936
this would conclude to overall similiar values with less infinite damage cards
how is that any different from just an addition to the actual tcg?
>>
>>24622894
Oh shit, forgot the last part.

>Attack: Drill Away
>[C][C]
>20 Damage
>If the opponent's active Pokemon has the same type of energy as Dunsparce EX, place one of the opponent's active Pokemon's energy in the discard pile. Switch this Pokemon with one of your benched Pokemon.
>>
>>24622923
I say we attempt to keep EX Pokemon. However, they need to be severely re-balanced. Like, 90-150 HP range instead of 140-200 HP while avoiding mistakes like Shaymin, Darkrai and Mewtwo.

And get rid of the random "Evolved basic Pokemon EX" shit. That was a stupid idea that only had to be implemented so that non-legendaries could see play due to how dominating EX Pokemon were.
>>
>>24622950
>how is that any different from just an addition to the actual tcg?
Because the people in Pokemon TCG general enjoy the Pokemon TCG and would rather not reinvent the wheel?

You might as well ask the Pokemon Sage guys why they're making 8 gyms and a dex and stuff.
>>
>>24622967
>question of how
>answer starts with because
I think you misunderstood
>>
>>24622964
How about instead of calling them Pokemon EX we call them Pokemon VP?
>>
>>24622950
>you can't just cast something out in a standalone set.
BREAK is a gimmick mechanic that will probably be gone in 3 sets, like Ancient Traits.
>>
>>24622950
>well there is nothing speaking against break cards if you could make them stronger as well
>give them more hp or more utility and they'll be used.
Yeah, or we could save ourselves a headache and not try to make them usable when there are a bunch of cooler concepts in the game already anyway.

>you can't just cast something out in a standalone set.
In a standalone set you can ignore all previous bad ideas and act like they never happened though.
Stage 2 was bad enough to make most Pokemon unusable. Stage 3 is grotesque and you'd have to give Chesnaught Break Mewtwo's stats, attacks, and add on to those to make it viable.
>>
>>24622977
Did Ancient Traits ever amount to anything? Were there any cards that were good because of their Ancient Trait?
>>
>>24622986
Primal Groudon
Mega Rayquaza
Medicham
Baltoy
Sableye
Regirock
Swampert
>>
>>24622986
Pretty much just Bunnelby and Mega Fug.
>>
>>24622986
>Swampert
>Primal Kyogre EX
>Nidoqueen
>Medicham
>Excadrill
>Bunnelby
>Primal Groudon EX
>Regirock
>Articuno
>Altaria
>M Rayquaza EX
>Metagross

All defined by their Ancient Trait.
>>
>>24622986
anything theta stop in unlimited

anything omega barrier because its immune to lysandre

delta evolution is what makes mega ray strong

medicham is a single deck archetype

articuno is used to turn 30hp joltiks into ex cards

it may be discontinued what it provided was still strong as fuck
>>
File: 3973545-4865744828-Jessi.png (392KB, 647x462px) Image search: [Google]
3973545-4865744828-Jessi.png
392KB, 647x462px
>playing against bashit blue with dank hammer
>opponent puts 3 waters on their benched magikarp
>play the hitmonlee i was slowrolling, retreat Landorus, kick magikarp's fucking block off
>VICTORY
>>
>>24622950
The way that the PTCGO works is that the longer a generation goes on, the more random gimmicks they start throwing into the game to keep interest up. Nobody really considers any of them to be core mechanics.
>>
>>24622950
>how is that any different from just an addition to the actual tcg?
For starters, the next Japanese set will inevitably be released before the original set is finished. If it ends up introducing something that shifts the metagame, it could easily fuck up the balance with the original set. Like, imagine if the Special Water Energy had some crazy, gamebreaking synergy with something we made.
>>
What are some Trainer cards you think we should implement that would retain the same effects as their real-set counterparts?

I suggest:
Potion
Super Potion
Switch
Pokemon Catcher
Roller Skates
Rare Candy
Muscle Band
Hard Charm
>>
>>24623078
>Pokemon Catcher
>Roller Skates
No.
>>
>>24623078
>>24623080

yes because there wasn't enough draw control already, now have no flip roller skates and Lysandre - supporter
>>
>>24623078

>>24622720

I'd add Energy Retrieval and/or Fisherman to these lists. Not a fan of Muscle Band, personally.
>>
>>24623078
>Team Flare Grunt
>Lysandre
>Tierno
>Shauna
>Sycamore/Oak/Juniper
I think those are the 5 "staple" supporters that tend to pop up in every format. (although previously as items, in a most of those cases) Also "Draw until you have X cards in your hand", which I don't think XY has gotten yet.
>>
>>24623064
so you want to make it standalone to make the balancing easier?
I mean if they did that we could just as easily adapt with our custom set.

to me that sounds like you don't like a certain aspect of the tcg and just hope to remove that with this custom set.
>keep old values
>keep old mechanics
>call it standalone
you might as well keep playing the actual tcg if break is that much of a gimmick to you and no one will use it anyways.

>>24623080
I agree with this

what about supporters?
there is nothing stronger than a sycamore do we keep that benchmark or lower it?

>http://strawpoll.me/5969718
>http://strawpoll.me/5969718
>>
>>24623111
Balancing a set of 160 cards is hard enough without having to worry about whether or not they're balanced when combined with another 600 cards.
>>
>>24623111
If not Sycamore, PONT is the next best thing I would say.
>>
>>24623117
the issue is that the last time we had a standalone set we were missing about two typings and had overall less mechanics
if we want a real standalone set with custom cards but also supporters like cykamore/N/lysandre + ultraball/vsseeker/switch/rarecandy/....
we'll be likely at 300+ cards
we have to get every type represented with multiple EX cards and basics + higher stage pokemon in addition to decent support and unique stadiums/tools/items
>>
>>24623131
If this is a standalone set, why have type-specific trainer support at all? Why not just have trainer support divided between big basics and stages?
>>
File: Vespiquen_V1.png (676KB, 890x614px) Image search: [Google]
Vespiquen_V1.png
676KB, 890x614px
I made my first Standard deck. Any advice?
I know I need to put in some acro bikes but idk where. I'm also unsure if I should add another Shaymin-EX (I'd have to buy one) and if Lugia-EX is useful enough to warrant a spot in the deck.
>>
>>24623110
Lysandre can fuck off. That shit was cancer back when it was Gust of Wind. Pokemon Catcher is fine but Lysandre is just too much. I think we should leave the effect to Pokemon Catcher and specific Pokemon's attacks.
>>
>>24623111
>to me that sounds like you don't like a certain aspect of the tcg and just hope to remove that with this custom set.
With a stand-alone set, we don't have to worry about making sure our cards aren't speed blitzed by Joltick and Vespiquen. We don't have to worry about whether or not hammer spam renders an otherwise good Pokemon a junk rare. We don't have to worry about how things like Toad factor into things.

Simply put, if one of the major goals is to make nearly every card in the set playable, it's impossible without major power creep. We don't have the power to say "Pokemon who fire off 180+ damage on turn 1 make every other Pokemon seem slow by comparison, so we should weaken it a bit". Our choice is either to make cards that can make people say "yeah, this is good enough to play over Vespiquen" or create so many hard counters that Vespiquen becomes incredibly difficult to play, in turn centralizing the counters.

With a stand-alone set, we can adjust balance from both ends. If something starts over-centralizing things, we can simply nerf it instead of trying to design around it and hoping that it doesn't lead to something stronger taking its place. (like when they released Darkrai in an attempt to balance Mewtwo EX)
>>
>>24623131
We don't need to factor those Trainer cards into the equation of how many cards there are because we don't really have to MAKE them. We can just rip the art out of one of the existing prints.
>>
>>24623182
I'd take the price of using your Supporter that turn over games being decided by a coin flip. Ask anyone who played during the pre-Catcher HGSS-on rotation. Matches were decided by Pokemon Reversal flips.
>>
>>24623182
>>24623206
Ladies and gentlemen, the only balanced card with a gust effect ever.
>>
>>24623200
we still need to make balancing decisions
which will be most of the work anyways
anyone can come up with an idea like shuffling the hand into your deck and drawing 4 or 7 cards
the question is if its balanced enough to put it in.
>supporter that searches your deck for a basic pokemon and attaches a basic energy from your hand to it (if any)
it's not hard to have an idea.The question is if it can be put to use

>>24623187
okay
>>
>>24622874
Link?
>>
>>24623237
Well, individual card balancing will come as we make them.

I think we should come up with a few benchmark 'mons. Stuff that we kind of want to have everything else be around the same power as. A small Basic, Stage 1, Stage 2 and a Big Basic.
>>
File: CTcEpOfU8AAHEnh.jpg (87KB, 501x700px) Image search: [Google]
CTcEpOfU8AAHEnh.jpg
87KB, 501x700px
>The Basic Pokemon this card is attached to gets its max HP increased by 40 and its attacks do 10 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.
because evolutions are too overpowered
>>
>>24623319
>No clause stopping EX from equipping it.
>290HP Wailord
>250HP Megas

Nothing bad can possibly come from this.
>>
>>24623319
Not even PCL likes the Break mechanic
>>
>>24623328
>Megas
>Basic Pokemon
>>
>>24623319
I'm just itching to see what new cards they'll think of to support evolutions. At this point, they'll need a trainer card that simply says 'If you have two or more evolution cards in play, you take a prize card' to beat all the support basics have.
>>
>>24623328
>a mega is a basic pokemon
are you even playing the game, or are you just here to shitpost?
>>
>>24623319
Would this be better or worse than Muscle Band on Seismitoad?
>>
>>24623329
now they will make double prism energy, I can smell it
>>
File: tumblr_mtxzcgc8ih1r8c4p2o3_500.gif (957KB, 499x273px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtxzcgc8ih1r8c4p2o3_500.gif
957KB, 499x273px
>>24623334
>220 HP toad
>mfw
>>
>>24623330
>>24623332
Sorry, brain fart. Point about Wailord still stands.
>>
>>24623319

>both this and PP Max being designed to encourage basic EX spam again

XY9 is going to be shit.
>>
>>24623347
if you aren't going to oneshot wailord with 290hp you won't oneshot it with 250 hp either
this is actually more bothersome on real EX cards like giratina that only need that +10 damage for Mega knockouts
>>
>>24623365
>PP Max
It's Max Elixir actually, Pokebeach fucked up the translation
>>
File: NE.jpg (385KB, 1282x1032px) Image search: [Google]
NE.jpg
385KB, 1282x1032px
tfw actually pulling something not completely worthless from an AO pack
NE !
>>
>>24623319
Fucking hell that could be brutal

PCL, just make some useful tools for non-Basics or some shit please
>>
File: really.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>24623319
>>
>>24623319
This should go well with my Florges-EX deck. I always hated how frail this card was.
>>
>>24623319
Multiple people in the R&D department of a trading card game thought it would be fine to release such a card and no one objected.
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg (43KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg
43KB, 600x706px
>>24623417
>70hp Joltiks
>100hp Pumpkaboos
>290hp Wailords
>220hp Toads

All with a 10 damage bonus. Why would anybody do this?
>>
>>24623423
Don't forget 170 HP Mew EX in Expanded.
>>
File: 1379276414966.jpg (5KB, 177x120px) Image search: [Google]
1379276414966.jpg
5KB, 177x120px
>>24623319

>Tyrantrum is now a steaming pile of shit
>>
>>24623423
At this point they're going to need to reprint Broken Time-Space if they want Stage 2/Breaks/Megas to keep up.
>>
>>24623496
>>24623496

new thread
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.