[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>electric has no effect against ground Were the developers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

File: 1445283362181.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1445283362181.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
>electric has no effect against ground
Were the developers this poorly educated in science?
>>
fuck off
>>
you neutralize electricity by grounding the current.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_(electricity)
>>
>Psychic is not very effective on Steel

this is not like my american anime.
>>
>Normal isn't neutral with everything
>Weak to Fighting of all things
>>
>>24617721
Both Dark and Steel were used to calm down the psychic types running amok in Gen 1.

Then they realize Dark and Ghost resistances were silly and reversed that, but the cornerstone of Steel was to keep Psychics at bay.
>>
>>24617756
>Average Joe vs Trained Martial Artist.
>>
>>24617786
>Bonfire vs Trained Martial Artist
>neutral match up
>>
>>24617797
Where the fuck did you get bonfire from?
>>
>>24617822
I'm saying that you can't necessarily apply that line of reasoning to evaluate match ups. If you were to look at Fire vs Fighting, it's a neutral match up, but by using the line of reasoning of ">Average Joe vs Trained Martial Artist.", it should not be a neutral match up. This is known as an analogy.
>>
>>24617836
>Fire vs Fighting

there is no inherent advantage of heat against a being trained in martial arts, because that being can be composed of anything. It could be a water elemental who does karate or a gunpowder-filled kickboxing scarecrow; either way it's going to be applying its techniques it has trained to use and an untrained fighting style (Normal) will be at an intrinsic disadvantage in trying to react to/block these attacks.
>>
>>24617786
>Average Joe vs a Dragon
>>
>>24617670
Dude, the earth is so conductive that literaly disperse all the current.
Read more wikipedia, like >>24617704
>>
>>24617756
A type with no weaknesses would be overpowered. Imagine how much harder it would be to break things like Porygon2 and Chansey.

Of all the types it could be weak to, Fighting makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>24617975
I'm a normal guy and I can't take a punch.
Put I can't take a lightning bolt either.
>>
>>24617923
>dragons exist
>>
>>24617704
>>24617940
But lightnings pierce and melt ground!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgurite
>>
>>24617670
Ground usually is composed of a really good conductive material. And it's so big you cannot isolate charges on earth, so any electrical charges you attach to earth through a wire will tend to be drained to ground.

>>24618043
When clouds store lots of electrical charge, the voltage between clouds and ground become so big that the air is ionized and becomes a conductive material, producing an "arc". This arc makes the flowing current to dissipate power in the ionized material, thus generating light and heat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakdown_voltage
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_arc
>>
>>24618141
Yeah, why electric type 'mons can't do this to ground type 'mons? They battle not in a vacuum.
>>
File: komodo-dragon-head-on.jpg (1009KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
komodo-dragon-head-on.jpg
1009KB, 1600x900px
>>24617999
>>dragons don't exist
>>
>>24617670
You have no idea what the 'ground wire' is used for then?
>>
File: death stare.jpg (20KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
death stare.jpg
20KB, 310x310px
>>24617670
dumb frogposter
>>
>>24618194
Could a regular human beat one of those in a 1 on 1 fight?
>>
>>24617980
Its like you didnt even read the post you replied to
>>
>>24618301
https://youtu.be/GZRT5EmcCDQ

>Could a regular human beat one of those in a 1 on 1 fight?

Maybe, but those things can get buffalo down by one bite.
>>
>>24617884
>a gunpowder filled kickboxing scarecrow
Gamefreak plz
>>
>>24617757
Steel stopped to resist Dark and Ghost because then Aegislash would be hard to defeat, not because more sense.

>Inb4 source
It was not stated officially, but that would make sense seeing that is bulky from both sides in its Shield Forme.
>>
>>24618301
I think the answer is pretty obvious.
clickclick
>>
>Steel is immune to poison
>All the years of watching acid corrode holes in steel walls were a lie
>>
>>24617670

Why is bug weak to fire? Bugs don't seem weaker than anything else to fire considering.

Also rock. Sure you can crush a bug with a rock but that applies to a lot of things including your own foot.
>>
>dark is weak to bug
>implying Insects are capable of even having such complex concepts as good or evil
>implying ignorance of something is a strength
>>
File: xmen12_juggernaut.jpg (63KB, 753x551px) Image search: [Google]
xmen12_juggernaut.jpg
63KB, 753x551px
>>24617721
>this is not like my american anime.

You should have been watching fox kids instead of your cheap chinese cartoons.
>>
>>24617980
Pussy.
>>
>Developers aren't allowed to be cheeky with their decision
This is why Pokemon has such a shitty fanbase and /vp/ is so fucking shit, you fucktards complain about every irrelevantly minuscule thing.
>>
>>24619280
Dark is more shady and underhanded than evil.
They really need to concentrate on their sly tactics and a bunch of bugs crawling all over them freak them out and lose control.
>>
>>24619412
>They really need to concentrate on their sly tactics and a bunch of bugs crawling all over them freak them out and lose control.
What a bunch of pussies, you don't see Fairy types getting fucked by bugs.
>>
>>24619280
>He thinks dark is the "evil" type
Edgelord fuck off
>>
>>24619425
Pls no bully, I was basing it off of the Japanese spelling. Is this better?
>Dark is weak to Bug
>Insects being able to harm the absence of light
>>
>>24619431
insects see in the dark so there you go
>>
>>24619440
That would be fine if dark was not effective to bug, but how does that justify a beetle harming the darkness? I'm going to need something better that that.
>>
>>24619443
Also they needed to give but more of an offensive presence so it wouldn't be as shit as poison or normal. They gave it bug because the only other types bug was SE against was grass but half of the grass mons in Gen ll were part poison and grass is already weak to everything to what's the point, and sidekick but that was overshadowed (no pun intended) by the stronger dark and ghost types
>>
>>24619010
Ghost types can phase through armour/steel plates like how they can go through walls, doors, etc. As for Steel losing its resistance to Dark. I guess Dark-types are good at finding weaknesses in the Armour. Attacking its underbelly
>>
>>24619150
>Poison move that's super effective against steel types
When?
>>
>>24619610
Never. GF hates poison
>>
>>24619280
you can't trick a bug
>>
>>24619769
but poison was inadvertently buffed with fairy typing?

I'm not arguing too hard though. what would gamefreak need to do to get more poison types viable guys?
>>
>>24619150
>poison and acid are the same thing

Ok
>>
>>24619824
It helped a little bit, but fairies are extremely rare. Also the 2 part steel and part rock fairies nullify it. If poison was SE against water, that would make it relevant and make sense to.
Ya, I hate the way most Fully evolved poison mons very from shit to good but can't really hold their own in competitive. Even OU poison mons like Gengar, Scolipede or M-Venusaur aren't really used for their poison typing.
>>24619844
What types are acid and acid armour again? I think they're ice moves
>>
>>24619280

Bugs are heros in japanese culture
>>
>>24619824
If anything, poison should be super effective against normal types and steel should just be a resistance rather than immunity, they can keep the status immunity, but still, it's not like every steel pokemon has metal blood
>>
>>24619280
Bugs thrive in darkness and are drawn to light only so they can find the shadows behind it
Metaphorically speaking, they eat darkness for a living
>>
>>24617980
>Put I can't take a lightning bolt either.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Sullivan

I swear to god, each generations is more pussy than the previous one.

Fun fact, in theory, it is also possible to "dodge" lightning, as just before you're struck the electrical charge will make your hairs stand and you'll perceive a sulfur-like scent.
You have a chance to react in time, and who knows, maybe lie down so you stop being the "tallest being" in the strike zone.
>>
>>24617670
>Dragons and fairies exist
>Evolution will make something bigger and stronger during its lifespan

I too depend on pokemon for my real life science facts, just like OP.
>>
>>24619918
What?
>>
>>24619425
Dark is LITERALLY the fucking evil type in Japan you fucking moron
>>
File: Kamen_Rider.jpg (862KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen_Rider.jpg
862KB, 1024x768px
because of Kamen Rider
>>
>>24617670
>looking for logic in a video game
>>
File: toplil.png (457KB, 805x1001px) Image search: [Google]
toplil.png
457KB, 805x1001px
>this thread and everyone posting in it
>>
>Psychic is super effective to Poison
>HAHA I'm neutralizing this toxin by levitating it with telekinesis
>>
>>24619902
>giving normal another weakness

what would normal resist if anything?
>>
>overanalyzing simple metaphors that were meant to be easily and quickly digested by 8 year olds
>discussing Pokemon physics literally

For what purpose?
>>
This thread is such a waste of powerful autism. Why can't you all be be like the cool autistic people and make stuff?
>>
>>24622005
Idk anon. Why don't you?
>>
>>24618301
They are venomous so all it would take is one bite and it's game over
>>
wtf dude have you ever tried plugging a current into the dirt? doesnt work dude
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.