[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pls respond

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Hey /vp/ I'm a college freshman and I'm doing a school presentation on religion for a humanities class. I want to cite one example of arceus as an example. Problem is I didn't play D/P/Pt. Give me all your arceus lore
>>
Just use Google or bulbapedo.
>>
this is what I'm using
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGF7RY3wDAo
>>
oh my nards did that genetic freak just kill God?
>>
>>24616094
or you could, I dunno, play DPPt
>>
>>24616112
are there any NPC followers of arceus or churchs?
>>
>>24616127
I don't want to buy Pt

should I buy Pt
>>
>>24616094
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sinnoh_myths
Here's the bible:
There's Arceus origin, the world origin and others interesting facts there.
>>
>>24616153
Emulate it.
>>
>>24616143
There's a generic church in Hearthome City, I don't think they say anything particular or interesting there, just generic stuff. Some stuff about Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit occassionally gets mentioned by NPCs and is part of the plot, all of this is probably inspired by Shintoism. Arceus is inspired by various religion (it learns the move "Judment" at level 100, read its Pokédex entries to find the rest). Then there's the HGSS event and the Pokédex entries. If you have Arceus in Platinum there's an NPC that you can find at various locations multiple times that tells you something interesting each time you meet him. You might want to check it out.
There might be some stuff in the anime/movies, but I haven't seen them.
>>
>>24616339
Oh, there's also some nice stuff with the names of the places related to Arceus.
In Japanese, the place where the HGSS event happens is called Shinto Ruins (from Shintoism)
You might also find something interesting in Mount Coronet and Spear Pillar too.
From Bulbapedia:
>The name "spear pillar" is a reference to the creation myth in Shinto, where the deities Izanagi and Izanami were given the spear 天沼矛 Ame-no-nuboko, with which they created 淤能碁呂島 Onogoroshima, upon which they built the pillar 天御柱 Ame-no-mihashira.

I guess that if you read about Shintoism you could find more stuff like this. There could be interesting stuff about the lakes, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. But I don't know for sure, I'm just giving you some suggestion in case you want to research it. It would be nice if you would post here what you find, if you do.
>>
It doesn't even show up in any of the games proper outside events.

You're better off using a video game that actually focuses on religion, like Okami.
>>
>>24617605
You're right that it doesn't have that much and other videogames would be better (I think Zelda might kind of work, probably not as much as Okami though), but Arceus isn't the only Pokémon based on that kind of things, as I said in my two previous posts.
>>
Mention how his event was deemed to difficult for Americans and thus canned.
>>
>>24616094
>I want to cite one example of arceus as an example.

This is a terrible idea.
>>
>>24617636
>>24617605
Do you dumb niggers not know SMT exists kek
>>
>>24617725
How could I forget about that one? It was kind of obvious, I guess I'm just dumb.
>>
ew
>>
>/vp/ literally helps a college student with his essay on pokemon
jesus FUCKING christ
hiro delete this board
>>
>>24616094
Way to preserve your virginity throughout college, OP.
>>
>>24618030
Be quiet and be happy that we'll probably try to help you if you ask nicely, since you're anonymous.

>>24618064
Have you considered that not everyone wants to be le alpha male normie xDD, unlike what /pol/, /r9k/ and wizardchan would make you think?
>>
File: 1447022445120.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447022445120.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
>>24618064
I'm not a virgin

>>24618250
>>24617719
>>24617636
>>24616389
Junior college senpai
>>
>>24616094
Here's your greenpill dude.

Arceus, and the Creation Trio are based off the Gnostic mythos.
Demiurge, the damned leader of the vile Archons which trapped us inside of this fake physical realms, he created to help him finish the task.
>>
>>24619594
>calling Arceus "demiurge"
Nice meme.
>>>/b/
>>
>>24619596
Wut dude? It's a literal Demiurge

You can't get more demiurgic than Arceus
>>
Nds4droid doesn't play pt well :(
>>
>>24619607
Not everyone was in that autistic thread, you ignorant fuck.
>>
There's the scrapped Hall of Origin event. You're likely to find dozens of videos on YouTube.
>>
File: no.jpg (23KB, 307x300px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
23KB, 307x300px
>>24616094
>using pokemon on a humanities class
moronic leftist shithead detected
i hope i see you working for mcdonalds someday
>>
There's that painting in Lilycove's museum with arceus. Said it was "drawn from their imagination"
>>
>>24619676
Yeah, Pokemon is a bit much.
A paper bases on the character interactions within a parody comic from /co/ on the other hand....
I will not regret my choices.
>>
>>24619649
>playing videogames on a mobile phone
>>
bumping this great thread
where is op? i want to know what he thinks about the answers he got
>>
>>24622018
>>
File: th.jpg (8KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
8KB, 256x192px
OP here. Giving a 10 minute presentation on protetsant Christianity for final, I have to have 4-6 slides of different references to religion in pop culture/fine arts.

Arceus in House is only one (1) of my examples

Gonna compare the creation of dialga and palkia who create all matter with Genesis. Will use all this information, will report back in 3 weeks
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.