[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isnt Blastoise used as much when compared to the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

Why isnt Blastoise used as much when compared to the other two starters?
>>
Too many bulky waters that fill other niches better. Not strong enough to sweep and not bulky enough and has no recovery moves to wall.

Its mega is good but the problem with megas in general is that you have to forgo using an OP mega to bother with MegaStoise.

I wish my favorite was just a little bit better competitively. Bros since first playthrough.
>>
Because Charizard is great offensively and Venusaur is great defensively. Blastoise is just mediocre and outclassed by a bunch of other shit
>>
Special split.
>>
>>24612472
Because it was always the weakest of the three and it stayed that way till now. GF clearly hates it lol
>>
>>24612480
Yeah, definitely this. Blastoise is great in a vaccuum, but it's just got way too much competition for similar niches.

It still isn't bad or anything, it's just not the best at what it does. If it gets something to differentiate itself a little more in a relevant way, we'll see usage rise for sure.
>>
>>24612472
Needs Shell Smash and/or Slack Off.

Mega Venu is the definitive wall, on both fronts.

Mega Char-X is the definitive physical attacker while Mega Char-Y is the definitive special attacker.

Mega Blastoise is like Delphox compared to Chesnaught (great wall) and Greninja (great attacker). It's too middle of the road and without a niche.
>>
I think it kinda got shafted immideatly in Gen 1 and never recovered.

Charizard and Venusaur are among the best fire and grass pokemon in the game, but there's ton of better water pokemon out there.
>>
>>24612472
He would be good with better stats, even in VGC he'd have a niche (Water Spout, Fake Out, Follow Me, he has great moves). Also, not giving Drizzle to his mega was a clear favoritism towards memezard.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (37KB, 324x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
37KB, 324x200px
>>24612472
BECOZ VENUSUR IS BEST STRTER
>>
>>24612537
>>24612592
All could have been solved if his mega became Water/Steel. Then he'd be much more effective as a wall, with an ability that boosts the power of several moves he has access to with a pretty decent amount of coverage. If they'd given him that and Heal Pulse as a tutor move he'd make a damn nice wall in Doubles where he could heal his squishier team mates. Even without heal pulse he'd still be much better as a Water/Steel, and it'd make about as much sense as any other type changes.
>>
>>24612472
It's the most common mega after Aerodoctyl in UU.
Most mons have a tier where they are viable.
>>
Water types are too same-y so it sorta just falls in with the crowd.
>>
>>24612472
In only Gen 1 there's tons of better water types - Starmie, Lapras, Tentacruel, Gyarados

Compare it to Charizard which is the best fire-type available and Venusaur only being trumped by Exeggutor (and that's only because psychic were OP)
>>
>>24613059
>Charizard which is the best fire-type available
LOL Arcanine is superior
>>
>>24613063
no
>>
>>24613086
But it is
>>
>>24613103
>earthquake
>it's dead

how fun
>>
>>24612480
I don't know. It is arguably one of the best rapid spinners right after starmie.
>>
>>24613275
>after starmie
there's your problem
>>
>>24612537
>Chesnaught (great wall)
Shame he got introduced the same generation as fairies and Talon fame
>>
>>24613063
All Arcaine has is extreme speed
>>
>>24613063
>>24613307
Remember that I'm talking about Gen 1, Arcanine was much worse then
>>
>this thread
>implying people didn't/don't use weak Pokemon like Pidgeot and Beedrill in-game anyway
>b-but Blastoise is outclassed!

Literally a non-argument. If OP isn't talking about competitive, he's wrong.
>>
>>24613614
Well, Charizard was also much worse in Gen 1 if we're splitting hairs like that.
>>
The Reddit audience loves Blastoise, no I'm not shitting on Blastoise, I've no problem with him but think of of all the jepik "No one picked Bulbasaur" memes on Facebook
>>
>>24613213
>Rock throw
>it's dead

how fun
>>
>>24612615
>STAB Flash Cannon on a bulky water

>this gamefreak being clearly not as retarded since they made at least 1 proper decision, thus one can assume Cannon moves get boosted by mega Launcher too

>STAB Mega Launcher Water Pulse, flash Cannon, and ML Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse or Heal Pulse in doubles

Fuck. Fairies.
>>
>>24613729
252+ SpA Mega Blastoise Flash Cannon vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 236-278 (60.3 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Thats pretty powerful

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Mega Blastoise: 123-146 (39.2 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
and thanks to Water-typing, HP Fire is even weaker. HP Ground will 2hKO though but its not like Sylveon is fast enough
>>
>>24613279
That makes it the best spinner in UU, atleast that's something to boast about.
>>
>>24613634
About Fire Types in Gen I, the best was a tossup between Moltres and fucking Flareon for Raw power.

After a noticeable power gap, you have Charizard who can use Swords Dance + Fly/Dig.
After another Power gap, you have Arcanine as a weaker yet faster Flareon that can use Dig.

And in the bottom of the barrel awaits you Rapidash, that only had Fire Spin + Toxic paired with Agility, Ninetales with the same but with Confuse Ray instead of Agility, and scrathing the mud was Magmar, who was good at nothing.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.