[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think it's possible that people underrate Sceptile's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_m4qzo5Zl9q1rpn9eno1_500.gif (625KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4qzo5Zl9q1rpn9eno1_500.gif
625KB, 500x285px
Sure, Sceptile isn't the most popular starter of Gen 3 or in general, but people are too quick to dismiss him. If Sceptile was unpopular, he wouldn't have had screentime in the anime as one of Ash's main Pokémon and in the upcoming XY&Z arc. If Sceptile was unpopular, he wouldn't have gotten a Mega Evolution. If Sceptile was unpopular, he wouldn't have been the only Hoenn starter available in Pokémon Conquest. If Sceptile was unpopular, he wouldn't be one of the most requested Pokémon characters for Sm4sh. You see less people supporting Blaziken for Sm4sh which is surprising considering he's the most popular of the Hoenn starters. Sceptile may not be anywhere near Charizard, Pikachu, or Lucario's level, but he's still a solid and respectable Pokémon in his own right.
>>
I like Sceptile's feet
>>
>>24606778
Yeah. They have a very nice design.
>>
>>24606751
>he wouldn't be one of the most requested Pokémon characters for Sm4sh
you're approaching ridleyfag status

also Blaziken has as much appearance as Septile, and Blaziken got a mega earlier than Sceptile
>>
>>24607271
Yeah, but Ash never used Blaziken in the anime. He's the main character after all, and the one that kids aspire to be.
>>
I always assumed the people who wanted him in Smash only did so half out of the autism of wanting all three starter types represented and half because they feel Blaziken is over-exposed. It doesn't have a whole lot to do with Sceptile himself.
>>
>>24607339
People want to be Ash? Really? People strive to be a loser?
>>
>>24607401
How many world tournaments have you won, anon? Because unless you've won one, Ash is a better trainer than you.
>>
>>24607339
It doesn't matter if he uses one or not anon. Hell, he doesn't use a Lucario.
>>
>>24607383
Well Blaziken IS over-exposed. You can't deny that. Plus Sceptile is more deserving I feel.
>>
File: 707.png (322KB, 416x431px) Image search: [Google]
707.png
322KB, 416x431px
>>24607383
>>24607475
>over-exposed
>>
>>24607411
Ash and I are equally good at winning pokemon tournaments. (The orange filler wasn't even a tournament.)
>>
>>24606751
>If Sceptile was unpopular, he wouldn't be one of the most requested Pokémon characters for Sm4sh

this is because of autistic patternfags who started bandwagoning after Greninja got confirmed. Not because of Sceptile's actual popularity.
>>
>>24607411
That is your argument? Seriously?

The guy is a loser. Guy is a good trainer in terms of treating his Pokemon, that is respectable, but in actual battles he just sucks a lot.

Some people think having Ash lose and not win teaches kids that failure is ok. I never got that message as a kid. I instead got Ash sucks. It's dumb. Just let him win one at least. And by one, I mean one of the main regions. Not the Orange Leagues or equivalent.
>>
No it aint

Your never gonna hear

"Omg i hopes sceptiles in!"

Its just not gonna happen
>>
>>24607550
>>24607550
He's pretty good in battle. It's just that somebody is better than him. Coming between 8-4th place everytime in the leagues with several hundreds of people in them actually makes him really good. It's just A LOT of competition. Not being the best doesn't mean he sucks in battle when he clearly doesn't looking at his record.

He defeated the battle frontier and was even offered to have his own battle facility after he won it. And if you watch his latest gym battle battle against Olympia you will see that he's better than he has ever been before.

So all in all he's a very good trainer for being so young and compared to the games there's actually legitimate competition.
>>
>>24607339
>He's the main character after all
May was also a main character at the time you know and she had a Blaziken with a lot of screen time.
On top of that wasn't Blaziken the first mega in the XY anime?
>>
>>24607411
>How many world tournaments have you won, anon?
I'd say about 7.
Ash hasn't even won once.
>>
>>24606751
>If Sceptile was unpopular, he wouldn't have gotten a Mega Evolution

He got a Mega Evolution only because he's one of the Starters in ORAS

>he's the most popular of the Hoenn starters.

Holy fuck you're stupid
>>
>>24607850
>I'd say about 7.

Edge to the max, kiddo. Let me guess; your uncle at Nintendo told you all the game's secrets so you could pwn noobz?

Underage pls go
>>
>>24609229
I never said he was the most popular Hoenn starter. Can't you read?
>>
>>24607846
May has had no where near as much screentime as Ash. And so what if Blaziken was the first mega in the XY anime? Sceptile is also going to have a prominent role in the upcoming XY&Z saga
>>
Blaziken was hyped up in the anime during the Johto league. Charizard Vs. Blaziken was the climax of the Johto saga.

That's where Blaziken's popularity comes from.
>>
>>24607521
Regardless, it still doesn't change the fact that he's one of the most deserving and requested Pokémon to be in Smash. Blaziken would be redundant when we already have a Fire-type in Charizard, and Blaziken would most-likely just be a Captain Falcon clone, anyways. Sceptile would add a lot more uniqueness to Smash than Blaziken ever would.
>>
File: 1427863610222.jpg (25KB, 267x269px) Image search: [Google]
1427863610222.jpg
25KB, 267x269px
Being pushed and being popular are two very different things.
>>
File: tbh tbh fam smdh.gif (253KB, 447x415px) Image search: [Google]
tbh tbh fam smdh.gif
253KB, 447x415px
>>24606751
I still can't believe they made Sceptile the official jobber of this season.
>>
>>24607593
>And if you watch his latest gym battle battle against Olympia you will see that he's better than he has ever been before.
Damn that battle was fucking amazing.
>>
>>24610179
>deserving

no

nothing about it screams "fun or unique to play"

just because blaziken shouldn't be added doesn't mean sceptile automatically should either. And type has little to do with actual gameplay. This is the problem with you sceptilefags taking type patterns and using it as evidence for your special snowflake "deserving" to get in when it literally doesn't matter
>>
>>24610327
>Jobber
>implying Mega Sceptile and Mega Charizard X won't destroy Greninja and make Ash lose confidence in it
>>
File: 1442510751134.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1442510751134.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>>24610492
>Doesn't know what a jobber is
Cute
>>
>>24610179
>deserving
Sorry, but I want its roster to be about mascots, which Sceptile isn't.
>>
>>24610520
Yeah. Because we all know how much of a mascot Wii Fit Trainer, Ness, Jigglypuff, Greninja and Shulk are, right?
>>
>>24610610
Just because it makes a few exceptions doesn't mean we have to go overboard
>>
He's mid-tier.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.