[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just ordered a 3DS online >will be able to catch up with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: cant_stop_watching.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cant_stop_watching.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>just ordered a 3DS online
>will be able to catch up with Pokemon
>last game I played was Ruby

Which ones are essential? Which ones should I skip?
>>
>>24599939
Platinum
>>
Platinum, HGSS, BW2 and then wait for Z, skip XY and ORAS
>>
>>24599939
Get B2/W2 and OR/AS
>>
platinum
HG/SS
XY or Oras
>>
HGSS are the best games in the franchise.
Platinum is great if you want to play Sinnoh, skip Diamond and Pearl entirely.
Play both BW and BW2.
XY are alright, but filled with Gen 1 pandering. If you're not a big fan of Kanto, skip, if you are, then play these first, they'll be your re-introduction to the franchise.
Play ORAS if you really liked 3rd gen and/or intend to get into competitive. Skip otherwise.
>>
>>24599947
>bw2
>before bw
>>
>>24599939
FR/LG
Emerald
Colosseum/XD: GoD
HG/SS
B/W
B2/W2

Here, made it easier for you.
>>
>>24599953
>implying GF can into story in pokemon games
BW, BW2 and delta episode tried and they all were shit
>>
>>24599939
Unless you want to play Hoenn again, get X/Y for a 3ds Pokemon game

Gen 5 is great, didn't play too much gen 4 though outside of HG/SS. But HG/SS is very fun and has ton of contents.
>>
Every day we have this thread.

Can't we just make a sticky?
>>
>>24599958
>XD
Kill you'reself
>>
>>24600401
It's XD: GoD, not "XD", specially wrote it that way to not get troll responses.
OK, is eXtra Dimension less triggering?
>>
>>24600447
It's a joke
>>
>>24599939
>Platinum
>HG/SS
>B/W
>X/Y

The others aren't needed. OR/AS ONLY if you loved Gen 3 or if you wanna play competitive like it was said before.
>>
>>24600447
>XD

What a faggot.
>>
Well, HGSS are good but very overated on /vp/. Still good but not the best.

Platinum before or after, guess it doesn't matter.

BW if you want, I only played BW2 though.

ORAS is good, only reason it's disliked is because muh Frontier was left out. I'd recommend it. XY are solid too but might as well just wait for Z/
>>
>>24599947
This, except I'd also play BW1 before BW2. It's up to you, but BW2 is a direct sequel so it references BW1 repeatedly.
>>
>>24601664
There are numerous reasons to dislike ORAS, not just the Frontier.
>>
>>24599939
Get OmegaRuby
>>
>>24599939
bw2 best games in the series
dont bother with bw1
>>
>>24599939
Platinum, HG/SS, BW2, and Mystery Dungeon Sky are the best and make sure your system is below 8.2 so you can CFW for gen 6. Use a DStwo for the DS games because it's one of the very, very few old DS flashcarts that haven't been cockblocked by Nintendo.
>>
>>24602125
I meant 9.2. How did I not catch that? For CFW I'd start with RX Tools or Pasta. Gateway is obsolete in this day and age and Sky is a barebones cart for those stuck with current firmware.
>>
>>24599939
>Skip main series gen 4 games
>Play HG/SS
>Play black or white 1, only play the second ones if you really enjoyed the first or can deal with another game about unova
>get ORAS for sure, X/Y aren't too bad either
>>
File: 2.jpg (47KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
47KB, 320x240px
>>24602149
>skip Sinnoh
>play ORAS and XY

Why is this such a common opinion here? Pt blows Gen 6 out of the water, especially XY. Better music, better region, better gameplay (as in single player gameplay, teams have more than two Pokémon), actual things to do after the main game is beaten, it's almost universally superior, the only thing Gen VI has on it are the things gradually added each Gen like newer Pokémon and moves, and the engine itself running faster.

XY were just awful, and I don't have nice things to say about ORAS either.
>>
>>24602235
Gen 6 gets extra slack for having currently running online features.
>>
>>24602247
Well I can't argue against that. Still can't recommend Gen 6 to anyone even if they only care about multiplayer, since Z's bound to come out next year and Game Freak will probably make the new Megas it'll inevitably have incompatible with ORAS.
>>
File: 1435378636602.gif (30KB, 372x375px) Image search: [Google]
1435378636602.gif
30KB, 372x375px
Skip Gen VI because a new game will probably be announced soon making XY obsolete and OR ASS is cancer.

Skip D/P but play every other game in between Ruby and XY.

Personally, I'd say skip HGSS. I just finished a run of it and was bored as fuck toward the end. It's so fucking slow, it's insane. The items and menu, rather than like, a dropdown select / list, are like, blocks? Making navigating through items and such really tedious. Everything is just slower. Crystal is superior, except for added content like Safari Zone and stuff like that. HGSS also didn't really improve any of the problems GSC had. Like level curve and Pokemon distribution. It's 99% Kanto mon until right up until the end, it's insane.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.