[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, do you prefer Origins/ORAS/BW2/ specials over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

File: 1445185773317.gif (978KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1445185773317.gif
978KB, 500x270px
Be honest, do you prefer Origins/ORAS/BW2/ specials over the main anime?
>>
The ORAS and BW2 specials are still like the anime, just... without Ash.

I prefer Origins to the anime though.
>>
not over XY
>>
>ORAS/BW2 specials
They're 5 min commercials. Even if you hate the anime, why would you?

At least Origins is a 2 hour one, I'll give you that.
>>
>>24595205
Yes, but mainly because they're short and don't require watching a long running series.
>>
Yes.
>>
Anything without Ash would be great imo.
>>
>>24595228
What's so different about XY?

The anime fags keep defending XY, but there's nothing different besides better animation.
>>
>>24595205
I can't compare two five-minute commercials to a full-lenght series. As for Origins, no, it's so inferior to XY it's not even a contest.
>>
b2w2 trailer, origins is literally the game boring shit -.-
>>
>>24595256
By the way, don't get my use of "commercials" wrong. They were very good (the BW2 trailer moreso, the ORAS one really was more focused on showcasing megas than trying to give story breadcrumbs).
>>
>>24595222
Why? I'm genuinely curious. IMO origins is really bad. Especially the animation. It was if Toei did it.
>>
>>24595275
Because the Pokemon anime is absolute garbage, of course.

What are you talking about? Origins' animation was its main redeeming factor, along with the remixed soundtracks from the games.
>>
File: CSemRFbU8AApfyi.jpg (38KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
CSemRFbU8AApfyi.jpg
38KB, 599x337px
>>24595245
An actual story. Character development for every character, even Team Rocket which is strange. The Pokémon all have unique personalities and development. Not every character is stuck as a COTD and the music is amazing. I can't get over the Laverre remix. The romance is nice too if you are into that shit.

And as you said, the animation.
>>
Yeah, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>24595302
>Character development for every character,
Except the protagonist.
>>
>>24595296
Have you actually watched the battles that weren't from the final episode?

The animation is shit. Even an average main anime filler is better than the majority of Origins.
>>
>>24595302
>Character development for every character,

LOL
>>
>>24595315
>The animation is shit. Even an average main anime filler is better than the majority of Origins.
It's really not, and you're biased as shit if you think that's the case.
>>
>>24595312
>>24595317
>most likely don't watch it or have only watched a few dubbed episodes
>thinks they have a say about anything

How can anybody be this retarded? If you don't know shit about it how can you argue against it?

also

>LOL

>>>/leddit/
>>
>>24595302
0/10
>>
>>24595312
I'm not gonna be one of those fags from the general that go on about "B-BUT XY ASH IS DIFFERENT". Because he isn't. He's different if you got done watched Best Wishes. If you went from DP to XY then he's still the same but he has gotten bits of development throughout XY. He's even getting a character arcwith Greninja in XY&Z for that retarded Greninja fusion thing.
>>
>>24595331
Then do us a favor and enlighten us. Because you're certainly not trying. I've said that Ash doesn't develop, it's your turn to explain how he has developed in the XY anime.
>>
>>24595331
>le dub strawman
>"y-you just haven't watched it even though I have no proof that you haven't watched it!"

nice one. Haven't seen that before. And yes I have watched XY. That's how I know it's the same mediocre crap the ashnime always is.

>How can anybody be this retarded? If you don't know shit about it how can you argue against it?

You tell me
>>
>Origins
No

>ORAS
Hell no, the first twenty seconds were decent but then it turned into another Mega commercial, we didn't even get to see redesigned Aqua/Magma members

>BW2
Yes, I'm hoping Z gets a trailer as good as this and doesn't spend too much time on Megas like ORAS did
>>
>>24595327
I just went on random.org and did a random number count from the 92 episodes of XY.

I got Episode 34, Mega Lucario VS Mega Kucheat! The Bonds of Mega Evolution!!

Now compare that to episode 2 or 3 of Origins

Hell I did it again and got 52,Ninja Arts Showdown! Gekogashira VS Gamenodes!!

I'm not being biased at all. I can just tell the difference between good and shit.
>>
>>24595387
Post webms.
>>
>>24595387
Even filler stuff like episode 79, the Pokéball Factory episode, is better animated than Origin.
>>
>>24595339
Ash went into the region expecting to win the first gym without even breaking a sweat with Pikachu and his newly caught Fletchling but got body slammed because he was reckless and didn't come up with a strategy before hand, which made him go through Episode 5 and 6 of XY which was him developing from Serena's words that he told her back when they were younger.

He did again when he kept losing to Mega Lucario and thought using someone else's strategy would work even though it didn't match Ash or his Pokémon at all and he almost got beaten before even fighting Lucario again.
>>
>>24595387
>Special Effects: The show
>Good animation

kek
>>
>>24595205
of fucking course.
>>
>>24595417
So basically everything he has done in every region fucking ever?

You don't understand, do you? There's nothing they can do with Ash at this point, he should be a massively skilled trainer, yet he's not. The only aspect of his character they have left is his romantic relationships, which they are fortunately addressing (or seemingly, at least).

Just because BW Ash regressed a fuck load, and XY Ash is back to normal, doesn't mean that XY Ash has "developed". Anyone can tell you that the Pokemon anime has terrible writing, you're being delusional.
>>
>>24595420
Stay in school, chap
>>
>>24595339
">from shit kid in BW that is incompetent as fuck to somebody that actually knows his shit
>gets depressed after losing his first gym battle until he's reminded that he shouldn't give up
>he has sticked to that motto every since
>during the shows go you see Ash becoming more set himself as a leader of the group and everybody looks up to him. Has never happened before.
>has a hard time with his battle style and tries one he's not comfortable with at Korrina's gym
>it went to shit and he realized he couldn't take anyone's else battle style and needed to use his own
>actually takes the gym leaders advices
>steadily becomes much more competent and strategic using much advanced strategies which you can see if you compare the first gym battle to latest gym battle
>the kid will literally make an evolution that has only happened before
>lots more to come in XYZ

I'm not going to write a novel here but here are a few examples.

It's always retarded to try to argue against shit you don't know anything about. ALWAYS.

>>24595357
And how much may I asked? Why do you watch it if you do watch it if you think it's crap? How can I take you opinion seriously when you say shit like that without explaining why. Literally use fucking memes because you don't have any better. Fucking pathetic. If you don't agree, fucking tell me why instead of hiding behind sarcasm and memes you dip.
>>
>>24595447
>from shit kid in BW that is incompetent as fuck to somebody that actually knows his shit

And here's your first problem. Just because he REGRESSED in BW, doesn't mean he's being developed in XY. He's returning back to normal. There's no difference between DP Ash and XY Ash.
>>
>>24595433
>So basically everything he has done in every region fucking ever?
He didn't do it against Brock

He wiped the floor with Falkner

He destroyed Roxanne

And he wiped out Cilan and Chili

His problem with Roark was that he was too concentrated on Paul. Fuck off if you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>And how much may I asked
Enough to know it's crap

>Why do you watch it if you do watch it if you think it's crap?
WatchED. Past tense faggot

>How can I take you opinion seriously when you say shit like that without explaining why
I should ask you that same question
>>
Ash always loses to one of the early Gyms anyway.

In Johto/Hoenn he lost to Whitney and Brawly, Sinnoh it was Roark, in XY Viiola.
>>
>>24595205
Origins is awful.

The commercials are neat.

Main anime is a lot of fun, especially this season.
>>
>>24595205
sorry mate, the ashnime always win
>>
>>24595513
>Ashnime
>>
>>24595454
There's the thing. It fucking is.
>DP Ash had few actual strategies before the league and when he used one it was "counter shield everything" or something retarded like swallowing its own energy ball which was used like one time
>XY Ash is more strategic in battles and doesn't rely on brute force as much to win. Especially shown in the latest gym battle.
>XY Ash is not has hot headed and more mature than DP Ash

There's both a skill difference and a personality difference
XY Ash doesn't rely as much on brute force and is both more mature and competent than DP Ash.

That's some more examples for you mate
>>
>>24595518
>DP Ash had few actual strategies before the league
Ergo, DP Ash actually developed as a character. And if DP Ash, in the end of the series, was a good strategist, then it's NATURAL that XY Ash is ALSO a good strategist. Common sense.
>>
>>24595518
AG Ash was hot-headed, not DP Ash. Even around Paul, Ash rarely blew up.

Ash lost most of his temper toward the end of AG.
>>
>>24595532
DP Ash tended to rely on the same strategies while XY Ash comes up with new strategies and how to execute them on the spot. He learned how to think on the fly more.

BW never happened.
>>
>>24595532
I don't really see were you are going. You pretty much proved me right. That he was a good strategies in the beginning of XY just like in the end of DP and has become even better since. Which is one of the departments he has developed in.

>>24595548
He lost his temper pretty often. Just look at the episodes when Barry is featured. And those were hardly the only episodes he became hotheaded. It has pretty much never happened in XY. He was more hot tempered in AG, I agree but his head was still pretty hot in DP.
>>
>>24595586
>I don't really see were you are going. You pretty much proved me right. That he was a good strategies in the beginning of XY just like in the end of DP and has become even better since. Which is one of the departments he has developed in.
That if he developed into a good strategist in DP, then that was development he suffered in DP, not in XY. You're attributing this whole "Ash is a good strategist" thing to XY, when it started back in DP.
>>
>>24595586
I need some sleep because it's 2:15 am here and I have work tomorrow. If you want to ask anymore wuastions I won't answer them until tomorrow.
>>
>>24595600
>>24595603
and this
>>24595560
>>
>>24595603
>normie shit on an episode day
C'mon anon.
>>
>>24595560
DP Ash did the same fucking thing. This isn't stuff exclusive to XY Ash. What, you think "ash coming up with a unique strategy on the fly" is something XY invented? Come the fuck on, he's been doing that at least since Johto.
>>
>>24595560
Yeah, no. I seem to remember in the Tobias fight, he was coming up with strategies on the spot.

Coming up with strategies on the spot has always been something Ash has been good at, even going as far back as the OS.
>>
>>24595654
>he was coming up with strategies on the spot.
You remember incorrectly. All throughout the Sinnoh league he relied on that counter spin move.
>>
>>24595654
Not really. He scammed attacks and lost badly until his Sceptile survived an attack that he shouldn't have and spammed another attack which took down Darkrai. The only real strategic was sleep talk heracross which he didn't make up at the spot.

Saying to pikachu to jump on latios back and spam thunderbolt is not the most advanced strategy.

I mean, XY Ash literally makes his pokemon grab his opponent's pokemon while counting until next future sight would hit by observing how long it took for the last one to hit and then thrww his opponents right into their own future sight. DP Ash wasn't simply on this level.
>>
>>24595695
spammed*
throw*
>>
>>24595678
>Sleep Talk against Darkrai's Dark Void
>Pikachu jumping on Latios to hit it from a blind spot

Really, you've got to be joking. Coming up with strange and unorthodox strategies is what Ash does best. Remember how he used Charizard's flamethrower to burn the field against Gary?
>>
>>24595302
XY has no story at all, and Ash has had zero personality since AG.
>>
>>24595935
K
>>
>>24595560
>XY Ash comes up with new strategies and how to execute them on the spot.
He's been doing that since forever.
>>
>>24595335
>If you went from DP to XY then he's still the same
Ash went to shit before DP.
>>
duh?

Who would want to watch a retarded 10 year olds for 10 years without ever seeing him advancing even one bit?
>>
>>24595447
>from shit kid in BW that is incompetent as fuck to somebody that actually knows his shit
Going from good to shit, then to good again doesn't really count as character development.
>gets depressed after losing his first gym battle until he's reminded that he shouldn't give up
Being a little bitch is not character development.
>he has sticked to that motto every since
He has not been acting any different since then.
>during the shows go you see Ash becoming more set himself as a leader of the group and everybody looks up to him. Has never happened before.
Because everyone he travelled with before could pull their own weight.
>has a hard time with his battle style and tries one he's not comfortable with at Korrina's gym
>it went to shit and he realized he couldn't take anyone's else battle style and needed to use his own
Minor struggles.
>actually takes the gym leaders advices
When has he refused to take their advice?
>steadily becomes much more competent and strategic using much advanced strategies which you can see if you compare the first gym battle to latest gym battle
This happens every season.
>the kid will literally make an evolution that has only happened before
Not character development.
>>
>BW2 Specials > Mega Evolution > XY > Shit > Origins
>>
>>24595205
>Origins
Nah, it felt more like a special to make people who got into Pokemon Gen 1 buy XY because Black and Blue Charizard
>ORAS
>A 5 minute trailer
>BW2
It's just a 5 minute trailer, though I would be interested in how the rest of the anime would have played out. That said, I'm 90% sure it'd just been what the XY anime is now, but with different characters.
>>
>>24595205
Well duh. Anything without Ash is welcome at this point, it's almost impossible to replace Ash with something worse, they'd have to be trying.
>>
>>24595387
>Mega Kucheat!

If you're a subfag there's nothing wrong with that, but at least use the English Pokémon names.
>>
File: sag03.png (121KB, 354x347px) Image search: [Google]
sag03.png
121KB, 354x347px
>/vp/ trying to discuss anime

cute
>>
>>24596205
Nobody's "discussing" anything.

There's a bunch of delusional anons defending a kid's show with terrible writing with pathetic arguments, and that's it.
>>
>>24595387
But there's 93 episodes anon.
>>
File: smug ghost.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug ghost.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>24596220
>he says on a board about a videogame for children
>>
File: 1276760647128.jpg (11KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1276760647128.jpg
11KB, 300x222px
>>24596205
>thinks they have any better of an opinion
>posts moeshit
>>
>>24596239
>Rated E for all ages
>>
>>24596242
>moeshit

you forget what site we are on senpai
>>
>>24596270
A site full of people with shit taste.
>>
I especially enjoyed the ORAS commercial. It made the Pokemon seem like actual animals with personalities instead of humans trapped inside animal bodies
>>
File: thunder_wave_then_earthquake.jpg (57KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
thunder_wave_then_earthquake.jpg
57KB, 253x253px
>>24596220
I'm not even involved in this back and forth, but honestly they've been making a better case than those that don't like it have.
>>
>>24596513
What better case? "This show totally has this character development that isn't actually there so it's better"? LOL
>>
>>24595205
No.
>>
>>24596513
The fact that there are so many buttblasted shitposters devoting so much time to shitting on a series they hate and don't watch really just speaks volumes about how good the series is now.
>>
File: 1424159994597.png (187KB, 272x348px) Image search: [Google]
1424159994597.png
187KB, 272x348px
>>24596646
Watch when Ash loses the league and moves onto the next region after abandoning most-to-all of his Pokémon and companions, then try to sing the same tune.
>>
>>24596717
I assume you tried to have a point to what you said, but I can't really see it.
>>
File: 1431478646412.png (357KB, 793x305px) Image search: [Google]
1431478646412.png
357KB, 793x305px
>>24596729
My point is

>oh, this show is so good now, it's really moving places and not just repeating itself for the sixth time!

isn't going to be valid when the same thing happens for the sixth time. Ash is going to lose like always, drop all his best Pokémon like always, and head to the next region like always to do it all again a seventh time.

And the ashnime general will then go "b-but he's going to win for real THIS time!" that Gen as well.
>>
>>24596756
>people like thing I have decided to hate with every fiber of my being no matter what
>there's a possibility the people that like it will dislike some plot point years into the future
>that means I should spend multiple hours of every single day shitposting about said thing

You are quite a sad person.
>>
>>24596773
>thing I have decided to hate with every fiber of my being no matter what

Is there another guy who posts TGT images? I almost never go to anime threads on /vp/.
>>
>>24595205
Of course.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.