[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pic unrelated. I've never played any Pokemon games past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

Pic unrelated. I've never played any Pokemon games past gen 3 and I'm just wondering if they're worth playing.
>>
>>24591571
No
>>
If you've played Gen 2-3, you've played them all.
>>
>>24591571
Wh have this thread everyday. Just play the fucking games you kuk
>>
>>24591581
Why so hostile? I just asked a question.
>>
>>24591571
Of course they are. Do not listen to angry nostalgish sad people saying next gens are bad because of reasons like "fuck you" or "I have a rock in my shoe, so I hate everything"
>>
>>24591605
I'll give the new games a try, I guess. I just heard from a lot of people that everything past diamond and pearl is bad.
>>
>>24591631
Are you new to the internet or something? A lot of people are going to say anything is bad.

I'd give em a shot and see for yourself if you like them or not.
>>
>>24591571
Last good Pokemon game was HGSS. So play everything up to that if you want to.
>>
Platinum, HeartGold/Soul Silver and Black/White 1 and 2 are worth playing.
X/Y and OR/AS aren't
>>
>>24591571
Give Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver and B2/W2 a go. They are definitely the best games in the series.
>>
I thought HG/SS and Black and White 1 were excellent additions to the series, and Platinum is a million times better than D/P but plays slow.
>>
>>24591571
Try FR/LG and HG/SS

Dont try anything from gen 4 (aside remake) and gen 6, new pokemon are awful and the 3d is terribad
>>
>>24591631
>I just heard from a lot of people that everything past diamond and pearl is bad.
Pretty much any game in gen 4 is terrible because it cut so many mechanics out of previous features and added some really tedious ones.
Gen 5 and beyond have been salvaging that mistake albeit very slowly so I suggest you start at five and work your way up.
>>
>>24591571
Play:
Heart Gold/Soul Silver
White/Black
White2/Black2

Pmt only good games produced since, you wouldn't lose much
>>
>>24592167
this but also platinum

black and white is hit or miss tough but you get alot more out of bw2 if you play them
>>
>>24592167
thirding this and platinum. Consider the bullshit platinum romhack, the blaze black whatever romhack for variety.
>>
>>24592147
this guy is trolling. play the middle game from each generation, liek platinum, HGSS, Bw1 if you care for story because bw2 is a lot better. gen 6 is pretty fun, i loved kalos but oras were dissapointing remakes.
>>
>>24592249
>suggesting plat
Don't do this. It's a complete disappointment coming out of Emerald.
>>
If you're gonna let /vp/ to influence your opinions then you're probably going to hate Gens 4 and 6. /vp/'s oddly mixed on Gen 5 so it depends on the thread.
>>
>>24592289
/vp/'s been warning up to gen 4 lately.
>>
>>24592295
That's because we have people who are nostalgic for it cropping up so they can't see how shit that gen and Sinnoh was.
>>
>>24592295
/vp/'s tastes are on a floating timeline due to the constant stream of newfags.
>>
>>24591631
Gens 2, 3 and 5 are the only ones currently worth playing desu. I only played 6th because I like having all my bros from previous games in the most recent game available so just on the off chance gen 7 is actually good it will be easy to transfer up.
>>
>>24591571
Generally every generation is considered shit until it ages a bit and then suddenly becomes good.
>>
>>24591571
Only gen 5 is worth it imo. The rest are just more of the same (gen 5 is too, but they tried to make it different)
>>
>>24591571
Nah too many shit designs DESU Senpai. Gen 5 especially has the shittiest designs ever.
>>
>>24591631
Black 2 and White 2 are often considered the high point for the series. That being said, if you want to actually play with others and not jist yourself, a copy of ORAS is mandatory, or XY but I'd wait for the next installment before getting into that game.
>>
>>24591571
Pokemon is essentially Pokemon. You'll probably enjoy any entry in the main series.
>>
File: 1415515914257.png (679KB, 1190x520px) Image search: [Google]
1415515914257.png
679KB, 1190x520px
>>24591571
They are.

Platinum has a super comfy region and probably the highest difficulty (though it's still easy since it's Pokémon). Avoid Diamond and Pearl like the plague, they have major issues that Platinum fixed, make sure you play Platinum if you want to play a Sinnoh game. HGSS are fantastic remakes of Gen 2, and probably the best starting point if you just want to play another Pokémon game since it'd be familiar.

BW1 are polarizing because you can't catch any old Pokémon until postgame but I really like it. BW2 have more variety and a fantastic place in the game where you get to battle literally every Gym Leader and Champion up to that point but it suffers a bit from handholding. It also has a challenge mode, but you need to beat the game or use an Action Replay to unlock it.

XY are lame, there's way too much handholding and they filed down the difficulty even more than usual so the only reason to play it would be story. And Game Freak sucks at story.

ORAS I don't recommend either. They're near-1:1 remakes of Ruby and Sapphire (with a couple things removed like the Game Corner and, frustratingly, the Safari Zone) but don't have any Emerald content. I'd only suggest playing it if you REALLY love Hoenn and want to see it in 3D even without the content that makes Emerald a better game.
tl;dr I'd try out Gen 4 and 5. Gen 6 I'd wait, the third version for XY might fix the issues with those games so you should just wait until then.

Also try out the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, they're great spinoffs if you like dungeon crawling.
>>
Only Gens 4 and 6. And never Play Gen 3 again desu senpai
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.