[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Pokemon were real, how would smogonfags battle? Would they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
If Pokemon were real, how would smogonfags battle? Would they be switching 90% of the time trying to "predict" their opponent?
>>
>>24588854
if pikamen weere real ppl wud only fug them
>>
>>24588854
No they wouldn't because it wouldn't just be a battle of numbers if they were real.
>>
>>24588854

If Pokemon was real, it'd be the like anime, not turn-based or determined by numbers.
>>
>>24588885
But would people be as retarded as Ash?
>>
>>24588854
If pokes were real trainers would send 10inall at once. I'It'd be a cluster Fuck.
>>
>>24588894
yes
>>
>>24588854
they would lose to the power of friendship desu.

anime rules would apply and I wouldn't mind that at all
>>
File: Shingo.png (118KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Shingo.png
118KB, 320x240px
>>24588854
They'd be like this guy
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shingo
>>
Pokemon is a numbers game. Everything can be easily predicted. Everything is set with few variables.

Pokemon in real life would be drastically different. In real life, there are a lot more variables like hunger, health, energy, tripping, wind. It would be straight up cock fighting but 10x worse. Unless pokemon can only die of natural causes.
>>
yes m9
>>
>>24588854
They'd probably play on a simulator anyway.
>>
>>24588894
which ash are we talking about here, BW ash or XY ash or a different one
>>
they'd be busy setting up their pebbles and predicting the next move that they wouldnt see my Thunder Armor coming
>>
Assuming you mean pokemon in the world we live in rather than being ported to pokeman land, I imagine most trainers wouldn't be able to get diverse teams of mons from all over the country, much less the smogon standard genies.

Most of us would just be like Bug Catcher Timmy and have 6 of the same couple mons near the place we live
>>
>>24588854
I imagine le koffingman of infinite balance himself would patent some kind of eye-bound scouter device that literally reads off powerlevels like in the games so they could autismally calculate 2HKOs after rocks between each attack

and then smogonfags would be like the ginyu force or something
>>
>>24590418
that sounds like a great idea
>>
>>24590418
I can already hear toku sentai
>>
>smogonfags will attack
>your pokemon dodges it
>fucking evasion hax you were suposed to stand still you unsportsmanlike fag
>>
>>24590475
"Okay Sableye will-o-wisp!"
>Opponent dodges.
"I give up, you win"
>>
RL pokemon would be more like pokken tournament
>>
>smogonfags

I don't understand. I only play showdown, as I can't be assed to actually train and breed, but why would karenfags purposefully play like shit?
>>
okay switching isn't a smogonfag thing; it's a battle thing. Predictions are how you play most fighting games or most sports like Baseball of MMA.
>>
the games are different from real life
it's like that one episode of pokemon where he is on the computer simulator and he thinks by following it he can win battles when in real life it's about actual practice and not stats.
>>
How would switching work irl? Is there any reason they'd have to take the hit as they came in?
>>
>>24590418
But the Ginyu Force are actually likable.
>>
>>24590573
Trigger finger skill. You can switch out a poke as quickly as you can put your finger on the pokeball.

There is something like a chess timer for how long you can spend without a pokemon in play. So you have to already know who you want to switch into or lose time and potentially forfeit the match by default. Prediction comes in not being able to switch fast enough out of most moves, so you have to see it coming and have your next pokeball ready.
>>
>>24588854

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR_I-8tOjS0
>>
>>24591005
The fact he is using scizor makes this even better.
>>
>>24591005
>finish it up with false swipe
>>
>>24589014
>>
>>24588854
why is there 4 megas in that battle?
>>
>>24592242
You can have 4 megas in a battle if it's a multi-battle.
>>
>>24589014
underbaked toast
>>
>>24589004
>le Pokemon dying from battle meme
You need to be 18+ to use this site
>>
>>24592274
Why did you even bother writing this anon? Literally what was the point? Genuine question
>>
>>24588854
iirc in the pokemon manga Red and Giovanni battled and kept switching between pokemon trying to counter each other
>>
>>24589056
Exotic animal trade is a giant moneymaker and an increasing problem around the world though. If pokemon were real there would be invasive species everywhere and thousands of pokemon would go extinct every year from habitat loss.
>>
>>24589031
>implying Ash ever changes
>>
>>24590418
>Garchomp
>Landorus
>Scizor
>Charizard
>Ferrothorn
>Heatran
>And we are, the SMOGON FORCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezrbyf6t9mY
>>
>>24591005
>Let's finish this! Metal Claw!
>Barely does anything
lol
>And you can't learn guts online!
>>
>>24591005
>Heracross, don't let it throw ya!
If only the games had such simple commands
>>
>>24588854

If Pokemon were real, battling wouldn't be as by the numbers.

We'd have millions of Ash's Pikachus.
>>
>>24599934
I'm sure they'd still be generally stronger when evolved.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.