[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I or should I not play Pokemon in public?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 234234324.png (59KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
234234324.png
59KB, 250x250px
>Work 5 days
>School 2 days (5 Classes)
>Busy as fuck from morning till night 7 days a week
>Long train rides to work/school (approx 2-3 hours total traveling a day going to and coming from work/school)

That's a lot of time /vp/, but it doesn't have to be time wasted. I could probably use this time playing Pokemon. But is it autistic for an adult to be playing Pokemon in public /vp/?
>>
you shouldn't if you don't want to look like a manchild
>>
Nobody will give a shit if you're playing pogremens on the train. Go for it.
And I don't know how you can handle 7 days a week. I really don't.
>>
Depriving yourself from what you like is part of being an adult, anon.
>>
>>24587987
epic, do you also wear fedoras
>>
Are you talking about pokemon in particular? How would anybody even be able to tell what you're playing? At worst, you're a young adult playing video games on a long bus ride, which is probably pretty normal.

I mean, if it bothers you that much you could play a different video game or an iPhone game or something like that.
>>
>>24587986
A lot of coffee my friend.
>>
>>24587998
did your mommy give a right to own a mobile phone though? I mean, it's something that grown ups decide
>>
>>24587986
That's pretty much any College student. There are 4 types of College students.

1. Scholarships or Parents pay for everything.
2. Scholarships or Parents pay for most things and a part time job is used for pocket money.
3. Scholarships or Parents do not cover enough so you work a full time job.
4. Some guy that wants to mimic the 1st examples lifestyle by taking out loans.
>>
>>24587965
>But is it autistic for an adult to be playing Pokemon in public /vp/?
Yes.
>>
>>24587965
I seriously don't understand the stigma this board has about liking pokemon and video games and shit in public. I thought it was just an in-joke at first, but some of you fags genuinely seem anxious as fuck about it all.

Nobody fucking cares. They don't care about your existence enough to judge you, and even if they did, playing a video game is a pretty damn normal thing nowadays. It's different if you're some fat, smelly, unshowered greasy weeb, wearing shirts with loli anime chicks, naruto headbands and an ash ketchum hat, but then in that case Pokemon's not really your problem.
>>
>>24588362
I know that. But if you're enough of an insecure fuck to ask /vp/ if it's okay to play your pokeymans in public on your own free time, you don't deserve a straight answer.

I'm actually shocked no one posted the Quentin shit yet.
>>
I play Pokémon on the bus all the fucking time, and the only reaction its ever elicited from a stranger is asking to trade or battle.

And no, strangers aren't laughing at me and whispering behind my back. Nobody cares. At all.
>>
>>24588408
This. People have their own lives to deal with. They're not thinking 'wow look at that loser playing video games' they're wondering what they'll have for dinner or if they'll get that promotion.
>>
>>24588408
This. All the time.
Be it the bus, the train, subway (if you get a sit) or while you're in a waiting room (granted, use earphones or mute the damn thing), nobody gives a single fuck.

They're more concerned about their own lives, just like >>24588421 said.

The other day waiting to take a scanner, I started playing in the 3DS and the only thing that happen was a mom that was bored as fuck asked if her kid was being annoying for watching me play.
>>
>doesn't have to be time wasted
>could probably use this time playing Pokemon
???
>>
just do it senpai
>>
commuting was how I finished my living pokedex

go for it, anon
>>
>>24588020
5. non-americans who don't get keked by skyhigh tuition and can enjoy their excess free time and stress-free life
>>
>>24588655
If you can't afford $14,000/year total for tuition and room/board without loans, you shouldn't be in school.
T. American
>>
>>24587965
Just do it. Nobody gives a shit as long as you're not obnoxious in public (volume up loud, etc). I go to my campus library and play once in a while in public and despite if anyone does care, I don't.

You should probably get over that low self esteem though OP. Grooming yourself makes you a lot less self conscious of stupid shit like this. Everyone is on their fucking smartphones nowadays anyway. If you don't look like the stereotypical gamer the worst people will think is that they didn't expect someone who doesn't look a sperg to be playing games in public. But again, no one gives a shit except maybe niggers blasting loud music and being obnoxious.
>>
>>24587997
dank meme.
>>
I ride the train 2 hours every day too and play my 3ds the whole time. Who cares?
>>
>>24588678
>defending your shitty high college tuition
wew la' enjoy your denbts
>>
>>24588712
>having debt
that's funny, but impossible when I make $8,000 a month as a landlord.
>>
>>24588712
Our tuition prices are retarded, but there's a reason why all the best yuropoor students come to America. We have the best higher education in the world and that's all that matters.

By the way, only poor retards think you need to take out massive student loans to go to school. You can go to a state or community college for 2 years on a min wage job (first two undergrad years are just bullshit anyway, it's all the same humanities garbage and 101s anyway for the most part) and then get scholarships for a good or decent school. And even then unless you're going to an elite school for the networking opportunities or Law, what schools teach isn't all too different between a "good" school and a great one. Your degree is worthless after your first real job anyway, so only the uninformed go for the super expensive loans or god forbid a garbage degree like English. They deserve all the debts they can get as a lesson in life.
>>
>>24587965
If you've got nothing to do, then sure senpai.

However, most people will think you're an autistic manchild and they'll be talking about "that weirdo on the bus" with their friends when the day goes on including me
Anyone who says that nobody gives a shit is delusional as fuck and should go >>>/out/.

But I'd rather use that time to study or something desu
>>
You should not give a fuck.
>>
>>24587965
no, just play it,

it's actually what it was made for
>>
>>24588748
>brags about having the best higher education in the world
>then rags on about how elite schools are no better than community colleges and degrees are worthless
>>
>>24588748
>We have the best higher education in the world and that's all that matters.
Your education is a complete joke. Which is why most of your millionaires and scientific minds went to university in other places of the world, just dropped out nexus they realised it was a waste of time and money or just didn't go.
>>
>>24588857
>Anyone who says that nobody gives a shit is delusional as fuck and should go >>>/out/.
Boy are you paranoid.
Me and my friends used to play in public sometimes even alone while waiting for each other.
No one gives a flying fuck about your shit they're too busy with their own.
>>
>>24588678
>14k/year tuition
Guessing you go/went to a state school, or a shitty one.
>>
File: 1350353846868.jpg (50KB, 384x494px) Image search: [Google]
1350353846868.jpg
50KB, 384x494px
>>24587965

Of course not. I take the metro to go to work while playing my DS and lots of people are seen just playing vidyas. Nobody really gives a shit what you play, what's really make you a adult is by not judging others of what they are doing compared to the autists that goes around screaming at how people shouldn't do X.
>>
>>24589640
state school, yeah but that 14k includes room and board with unlimited access to the cafeteria buffet.
All in all, 7,000 per annum tuition, 7 to live
>>
>>24589528
Just because we've got some shit schools does not mean we're still not the best overall. Get some better reading comprehension. And yes, the FIRST TWO YEARS of your undergrad are also worthless and therefore there is no point in paying to go to a top school to learn shit that is taught the same everywhere else, even the shit schools. There is not a whole lot of difference between a good school and an elite school. If you're paying the money for an elite school, you better be fucking networking, period, or you are wasting money and opportunity.

And yes, SOME degrees are demonstrably worthless to the market. If you study shit like English, Art/History, other humanities you just paid thousands of dollars for a worthless degree.

>>24589547
>Which is why most of your millionaires and scientific minds went to university in other places of the world
>scientific minds went to university in other places of the world
[citation needed]
Because a couple of outliers certainly set the standard. And how many are just foreigners who came here later? You don't need a college education to run a business successfully, and you don't need the best education to be successful in your field. Which is why there's not a lot of point in fancy schools aside from networking with the rich and for prestige. The prestige will help you get your first real job more likely sure, but you also paid more for a perk that won't really matter past that first real job.

Community college first two years, then state college last two is the most cost effective and efficient way to finish college cheaply and effectively ready for the job market, even for a relatively below average household like mine.
>>
File: 1442162710147.jpg (76KB, 952x534px) Image search: [Google]
1442162710147.jpg
76KB, 952x534px
OP here... I have to wear a suit to work, but I can probably get away with wearing chino's, a blazer with a dress shirt and tie. So I doubt I will look too much like a man child either way. BUT I am pretty insecure as a person.

Also what's up with this random NA vs EU.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.