[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post concepts that would be cool! >next game is actual open

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 987.png (639KB, 1280x1685px) Image search: [Google]
987.png
639KB, 1280x1685px
Post concepts that would be cool!

>next game is actual open world where you can go to the towns and gyms in any order you want
>gym leader asks you how many badges you have that will dictate the number of and strength of their pokemon
>the plot is set up in such a way that each town you choose to go to as its own self contained plot issue that you need to solve
>ultimately, each separate plot point will culminate into the antagonistic evil team's goal
>>
would b cool
will never happen
>>
>>24580413

I had same thoughts except

Remove overarching evil save-the-world plot.Period. Just be a kid tryna make it in this world.

There are three tiers of gyms, at three gyms each. First three are medium level gyms (no gimme-badges) somewhere between L10-25. You can challenge at will.

Second set are location in same city, or nearby cities. They are basically competing gyms that beat eachother's type advantages. They will be somewhere between 30-45. You must PROVE YOURSELF by battling their in house trainers, who get progressively harder until about the Leader's minLevel. Otherwise they tell you to come back later. You dont white out for losing, they just laugh aand put yyou on a 24 hr timer before your next attempt.

Last three gym leaders arent even at their gym. One's on a faraway Island (need surf, maybe waterfall). One's in a cave in the mountain ( Need flash, Strength). One's in a giant rainforest (Need surf/cut). You only have to technically get two badges of the three to hit the E4.

You can get HMs early (after the first three badges), brave the overleveled wild pokes, and find the leaders who are training, if you want. But each one is 50-60 (Elite 4 from previous game levels, or higher, basically). When you run into them, they send out their secondary Ace (not their best) and only that poke. If you can beat it (using your entire team, but they will use items, and it wont have an easily exploitable 4x weakness) THEN they return to their gym, and then you go fight them.

Every gym leader uses 6 full pokemon, btw.

There are also lots of basically side gyms, or fake gyms. They wont call themself and official "gym." think Gen 1s dojo, where they gift you with a free Hitmon. There are dozens of those, some in the towns, some along routes. Not all monotype either.
>>
>>24581969
Sounds great anon too bad this will never happen.
>>
>>24582010

One day I'll learn how to hack and just make it myself
>>
>>24580413
That's actually fucking awesome.

I want to be able to leave an imprint in the world, because lets be honest winning the poke league usually means nothing. There's no one coming to challenge YOU as the champion, so whats the point?

Also character customization was great and I want it again.

I have a bunch of Pokemon concepts too but I assumed this thread was more about the game-play.
>>
>>24582052

Interesting. Not OP here, but you gave me another idea

>Leaving an imprint on the world

Build your own gym? Not everyone can beat the Elite Four, but 8 badges usually signifies conquering the League as far as gym system goes. They should let you buy a plot and build your own gym, and handpick some NPCs you meet along the way to put in your gym.

And you friends can challenge your gym, kinda like secret base sharing, but with gym... And you can use your battle box as your gym pokes
>>
>>24582082
fuck yeah dude, I was thinking that too - but its kind of lesser than maintaining your title as champion, no?

>Gym-bro based fighting type gym
That sounds fucking fun however
>>
>>24582111

Not as a main plot, but as something fun to do. This game severely lacks worthwhile side quests
>>
Any mon concepts guys?
>>
>>24582279

No megas
No Digimon
No Neopets.
>>
>>24582279
Fast early game mon with poison sting and nuzzle :^)
>>
File: 1406890486734.jpg (130KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1406890486734.jpg
130KB, 800x800px
>>24582319
>No megas
Opinion discarded, Megas are here to stay.
>>
>>24582025
I don't think that all this would work with a hackrom, you would ran out of space.

You could make it with Rpg Maker, though. It can become exactly like the GBA/DS ones, but easier to program and with many more options for events/gimmicks.
>>
File: L-Ryuzaki-l-32054273-339-360.jpg (21KB, 339x360px) Image search: [Google]
L-Ryuzaki-l-32054273-339-360.jpg
21KB, 339x360px
>>24580413
>gym leader asks you how many badges you have that will dictate the number of and strength of their pokemon
>you can lie about it
>>
>>24582574
>lying means the leader gets mad, calls you out, and sends out stronger Pokemon, all with BrightPowder
>>
>>24582082
I always thought it could be a cool If your own gym could also function as a battle facility. You would battle a series of trainers looking for a gym badge and when you win you get gym points to spend on exclusives. Of course they would be customizable and you could let your friends play the set up you create.
>>
>>24580413
>Do some research work for a professor
>Bring a specimen of each species and get increasingly valuable rewards as you bring in more species
>Professor fills out logs for... someone
>Professor just mentions that he/she's under contract and won't say any more
>Meanwhile a company carries out various increasingly inhumane experiments within the limits of E-rating in order to artificially create Mega Pokemon and even more powerful Pokemon
>as the story progresses the truth unfolds
>Professor is confronted to the evidence piling um and challenges his/her to a fight so that not a word would come out of it
>after being defeated the professor goes into a nervous breakdown and reveals that he/she was hired for a completely different purpose and was being used
>Professor teams up with player and both thwart the company's dastardly plans
>Professor ultimately resigns from his/her job and opens up an independent lab where he/she would take 3 previously undiscovered pokemon he/she's saved earlier
>professor gives the player one of the 3 as thanks for his/her services

I think I made the company look like Team Plasma a tad bit much.
>>
>>24583506

This is beautiful desu. 11/10 would cry.
>>
>>24582360
Gen 7 features:
>new megas

Look forward to it.
>>
>>24582319
>no neopets
>>>/out/
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.