[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fairy-type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 11

File: SylveonAdvice.png (344KB, 918x1280px) Image search: [Google]
SylveonAdvice.png
344KB, 918x1280px
Discuss the newest Pokémon type, and why you're thankful that Game Freak invented them for Generation Six and beyond.
>>
Fairies brought well needed balance to the type chart and effectively ended spam outrage to win so they're bretty cool in my book
>>
I want Sylveon to give me a flesh ribbon job
>>
They're shit and Game Freak's war on dragons needs to end now.
>>
Post art of Fairies.
>>
>>22959192
Don't tell me what to do
>>
>>22959194

Don't tell me what to do.
>>
>>22958664
/thread
>>
File: Screenshot_19.png (75KB, 303x426px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_19.png
75KB, 303x426px
>>22958667
truly a quality post
>>
>>22958664
>effectively ended spam outrage to win

Only this part is true.
>>
>>22958664
>Fairies brought well needed balance

Obviously you never use bug or steel Pokemon.
>>
>>22959258

Bugs have always been the designated shit-type.
>>
why did fairy type instantly become accepted as sex type?
>>
File: Premier's_Sylveon_Attract.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Premier's_Sylveon_Attract.png
2MB, 1280x720px
op as fuk

I want Sylveon to use Draining Kiss on me, though.
>>
>>22958653
Directly made bug and indirectly made ice and psychic types even worse.
Also indirectly made grass worse because fire, steel and poison are now more common to deal with fairies.
Meanwhile dragons still dominate because of their absurdly high stats and wide movepools.
If their goal was balance, they failed at it.
>>
File: Face.png (290KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
Face.png
290KB, 700x393px
>Easily the worst designs overall of all 18 types
>Made the typing balance even more lopsided than it already was
Explain to me how this isn't the worst permanent addition to the franchise
>>
>>22960179
>permanent
dont be so pessimistic.
>>
>>22958653
>failed dragon check
>fucked up dark and fighting types needlessly
>>
>>22958653
It's not balanced. Remove its resistance to bug, give grass an immunity to fairy would be a start
>>
>>22960179
>easily the worst deigns over all of all 18 types
Nigga what the fuck did you just say about Swirlix and Slurpuff?
>>
>>22960215
Slurpuff a shit but I'd eat Swirlix. Looks tasty.
>>
>>22960201
>muh fighting
>>
>>22960230
You're a shit.
>>
Fairy needs one change to be good: Make them neutral to Dark and Steel. Dark did not need a nerf and Steel sure as fuck didn't even more buffs. (Poison attacks becoming useful and Fairy losing to them directly)

Any other issues they have, particularly regarding specific fairies matching up against Dragons, will be filled out with the type and it's moves gaining more distribution over the next few gens.
>>
>>22960179
Megaevolution
lame concept, even worse implementation

Fairy type could have worked if it wasn't for:
>muh pink blobs
>shitting at balance
At least they ended outrage spam
>>
>>22960280
shit opinion.
>>
>>22958664
>Ended spam outrage

That's literally the only good thing the Fairy type did.
>>
>>22960299
That's the only thing it can do until some well-statted and well-typed fairies start appearing to make more than just the immunity relevant.

A Fairy/Fire sweeper would be nice next gen.
>>
>>22960309
Are you stupid?
>>
>>22960309
I think the type is in a good place right now. An OP typing should be held back by shit stats for balance. Make a bunch of high stat fairies with big movepools and it'll probably become the most OP thing since gen 1 psychic
>>
>>22960309
This song is for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bHb3azrpxM

The Fairy type is probably the most broken type since Gen 4 dragons. You can pair it with any type and make said type inherently better
>>
>>22960241
>Fairy needs one change to be good: Make them neutral to Dark and Steel. Dark did not need a nerf and Steel sure as fuck didn't even more buffs.
Steel got nerfed with Dark and Ghost being neutral vs Steel
Dark is better this gen in spite of Fairy
>>
>>22960215
>unironically liking slurpuff

too much shit taste from you
>>
>>22960382
Its one of the few decent looking fairies, what are you smoking?
>>
>>22958653

I think that being inmune to dragon maybe was too much, but it's the least bad thing of all things that faries brought.

1st, even if the advantage to "Dark" makes sense "lore-wise", Dark didn't need a nerf, it was okay as it was being weak to bug and fighting (fighting being one of the most used offensive types)

2nd, now we were talking about Fighting, it being weak to Fairy doesn't make any sense, not for balance nor for "lore". Fighting was already weak to Flying and Psychic, commonly used for coverage, and didn't have good resistances.

3rd, Pokémon that were pretty good like Hydreigon or Scrafty become shit because they are now x4 weak to Fairy when in the previous generation they were well balanced.

4th, everyone gets Fairy coverage now, why.

5th, indirect nerfs to Grass, Ice and Psychic, types that needed a buff. The buff to offensive Steel and Poison was nice, but they also made Steel worse taking good (and logic) resistances (just for Aegislash, fuck GF seriously).

They should have made a type resistant or inmune to dragons but weak to grass, poison and steel which hits SE to dragon and electric and hit NVE to Ice, Grass and Poison.

But under which "category"?

Also, Fairy type is the faggiest name for a Pokémon type ever. Sound/Hero or pretty much another thing would be better
>>
File: 1421109465148.gif (984KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1421109465148.gif
984KB, 245x180px
>>22960392
>Its one of the few decent looking fairies

is this bait
>>
>>22960421
yes
>>
>>22960413
>Hero type would be much better!!!

all this underage
>>
>>22960429
>Fairy type is much better!

all this faggot

At least, Hero type would make sense having advantage over Dragon, Fighting and Dark
>>
>>22960421
>I-I don't agree so it has to be bait!
Great logic, faggot
>>
>>22960439
>>22960413
>buttmad 12 year old still raging because fairy sounds so gay XDDDD
>how can gay fairies beat epic dragons
>should have been hero type

the other anon is right, you reek of underage pls go
>>
>>22959548
It got Gardevoid and Mawile.

It got both Babby's first pokewaifu and babby's second pokewaifu.
>>
>>22960453
>i'll call them a faggot because i'm so mad at my own shit taste

slurpuff is a trash design, anyone with an ounce of taste can see that. but you keep on with the name calling if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>22960471
But Mawile is third, maybe even fourth now, Lopunny is second.
>>
>>22958653
I would love to kiss Sylveon's butt.
>>
Scizor just gets better and better

How long before they make u-turn 60bp
>>
Best type. Thank you bases game freak. To this day it still makes motherfuckers shed butthurt tears
>>
>>22960478
What came first, Anon? Ruby and Sapphire? Or Diamond and Pearl?

Now ask yourself "Which game did Buneary/Lopunny appear?"
>>
Doesn't matter since Dragons are still to good that they can deal with fairies easily. All it did was fuck over other types in the end like grass, ice and psychic (hasn't been good since gen1)
>>
>>22960571
That's not how this shit works, it's updated as new pleb shit is introduced.
>>
File: 106-m-gardevoir-ex.jpg (152KB, 650x915px) Image search: [Google]
106-m-gardevoir-ex.jpg
152KB, 650x915px
It's my favourite deck on PTCGO
>>
>>22960592
Lopunny came after mawile and gardevoir. Lopunny cannot be second.
>>
>>22960603
it's okay, one day you'll learn.
>>
>>22960610
That is not a proper counterargument. Good try, though.
>>
>>22960615
Neither is repeating the same shit you've already said, dumbfuck. Why do you even care so much? Oh, right, you're probably a Lopunny fanboy who got butthurt.
>>
>>22960625
1. I'm a different anon.
2. I'm repeating what he said because, hey, maybe he was correct. You can't have Lopunny be second if Mawile and Gardevoir take up the first two spots.
3. How would me arguing against Lopunny being second make me a fanboy?
4. Nice job being butthurt :^)
>>
>>22960633
Whatever you say, rabbitfucker.
>>
>>22960635
Easiest argument of my life lmao
>>
>>22960638
You sure are underage, aren't you?
>>
This threads a good example of why fairyfags are cancer
>>
>>22960644
You sure are butthurt, aren't you?
>>
>>22960439
i don't think you get the idea that "hero" sets up a particular scenario, it isn't a creature, it isn't what a creature is made of, it isn't a creatures innate properties; Hero basically describes "oh look, he's so heroic!" "it is a savior" Its an adjective for implied action, almost no pokemon has this except for in their description, such as Disaster Pokemon being that it is implied to have caused disasters by people. More of less, having a fighting/steel type based on a knight that was called "the hero pokemon" would be cooler than making hero a type and everyone becoming retarded over your ridiculous idea. Stop posting, unbind your enter key, and leave forever.
>>
>>22960472
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>22960683
>another slurpufffag

more shit taste. keep going :^)
>>
>>22958653

How butthurt was a fairyfag over some people not liking their beloved type that they felt the need to draw this?
>>
>>22960691
The original didn't have that text, actually, it was something about touching there to make it giggle.
>>
>>22960676

Dark refers to fighting dirty (in Japanese it is Evil type for a reason), can't see why we can't have a "Good" type (aka Hero or "Light" or whatever).
>>
>>22960762
No it doesn't, "fighting dirty" only encompasses a small range of the Dark-type, it is far more broad than that.
>>
>>22960201
>failed dragon check
Why do people keep saying this? All dragons did back in the day was to recklessly spam boosted Outrages and coverage to hit a Steel.
Fairy successfully punished Outrage spam and forced Dragons to run a coverage move/item or status boosted secondary STAB to deal with them or else they'll get walled or easily checked by fairies. They've done their job despite not having the stats to effortlessly take on dragons(although surprisingly Clefable shuts down allot of dragons despite having a low BST). They've at least shown enough revalence to alter a dragon's movesets.
>fucked up dark and fighting types needlessly
Dark types are more prominent compared to gen 5 since they buffed Knock Off and made their STABs neutral to Steel types giving them free space for coverage. And nerfing Fighting types was a good thing since it helped poor Darks become relevant. And what do you mean the nerf to fighting was "needless"? They were just as good as dragons(probably even better since they resisted a common hazard and didn't have to worry about a weakness that was common coverage type(Ice)). Fighting had it better than Dragons despite Dragons having the ridiculous stats. Because Psychic and Flying weren't as exploitable as weaknesses compared to Ice.
>>
>>22960762
Dark type covers ALL sorts of things, to dumb it down to that point makes you look autistic
>>
File: Clefablefull_zpsea0afb64.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Clefablefull_zpsea0afb64.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
Could we agree that Clefable, and the whole line, are the best and original Fairy-types around?

>yfw Clefairy could've be the mascot for Pokemon but they chose Pikachu instead
>>
>>22960686
>implying someone needs to like it to see you are mad and act like 12

:')
>>
>>22960779

Tell some, please
>>
>>22960782
Fuck Clefable, Klefki is the superior fairy.
>>
>>22960782
its an awesome design, probably in my top 5 fairies for sure
>>
They're good for nerfing dragons but they killed of fighting types for no reason and bringing light to shitmons who were otherwise useless like Azumarill, Togekiss and Gardevoir.

Quit bitching about Fairies, you would just do the same if Steel/Dark types got added in today's games instead.
>>
>>22960790
Anything stereotypically evil, including underhanded tactics, using darkness itself, manipulation, scheming, etc.
>>
>>22960784
>no response so i'll just call them mad and underage
>that'll show them!

is this all you slurpuff fans can do? just call people mad, faggot and underage because someone points out that it has a horrible design?

clearly you do like slurpuff otherwise you wouldn't bother to keep replying like the majority of other anons who clearly don't care that i'm calling it shit because they don't care about slurpuff.
>>
>>22960790
Dark pulse is not dirty tactics it's a ray of sheer malign energy. Dark type includes evilness, cheap fighting and even misunderstantment
>>
>>22960790
Fighting Dirty, Negative Emotions, Madness, Plotting, Sacrificing yourself to harm others
>>
>>22960782
>Mfw pikachu was the mascot over clefairy
Dodged a massive bullet there. Having that ugly shit nigger as the mascot would have been absolutely terrible.
>>
>>22960815
>>22960819

So why do those differ from, for example, fighting using anything stereotypically good or heroic?
>>
>>22960818
>is this all you slurpuff fans can do? just call people mad, faggot and underage because someone points out that it has a horrible design?

The anons probably know they can't defend Slurpuff as having a good design. To me it looks like the baby of Snubbull and Mime Jr... which is not a good thing.
>>
>>22960828
I'm not sure what you're trying to ask or what you're getting at. I'm not here to argue against whatever fake type, I'm just arguing against the misconception that "Dark is just fighting dirty."
>>
>>22960828
so instead of an argument, you want us to somehow make up movetypes for what? being a hero? okay let me give this a go

sacrificing yourself to buff the next pokemon you send out
sacrificing yourself to revive another pokemon in your party
that's pretty much it. what is it gonna get? "Heroic plot'? "Hero beam"? "Hero pulse"? what the fuck are you intending for this bullshit
>>
>>22960828
Because fighting type covers that mostly. Using a technique and battling with honor. There's no need for a hero type
>>
>>22960804
>but they killed of fighting types for no reason
But Fighting was just as powerful as Dragon was. It was a better type for super effective coverage and STAB users had the stats and moves to recklessly spam it. Besides Psychic and Flying types don't even counter Fighting types anymore since nearly all of them get Knock Off, Boltbeam Punches, and Rock moves
>>
They should fairy take SE damage from dark and fire, re-adding steels resistance to dark.
Make fairy neutral against fighting, But keep fairys resistance to it.
>>
>>22960877
>re-adding steels resistance to dark

its resistance to dark was most likely removed because of aegislash to be honest
>>
>>22960886
Im okay with ghost hit steel neutrally because it makes slightly more sense, so you can still rape it with stab shadowballz from gengar or whoever. I think steels got it the worst from the fairy scourge. They gave it SE coverage on fairy but took two important resistances.
>Aegislash
I love that thing, but it is kind of broken. They should retcon its def in shield form and attk in blade to be 135 instead of 150 imho.
>>
Why do you idiots call them fail dragon checks?

Why do you think Haxorus, Hydreigon, Kyurem and Salamence all dropped, while every other dragons usage dropped as well.
>Garchomp had 30% usage in BW
>17% now
>>
File: 1423445336132.png (35KB, 839x774px) Image search: [Google]
1423445336132.png
35KB, 839x774px
>>22960782
Mah nigga.
>>22960826
At least the mascot would evolve into a reliable, good pokemon unlike Raichu. Its makes no sense that the mascot is just a shitmon
>>
>thankful

You think you're funny don't you OP
>>
I like that the Fairy type put an end to the spamming of Outrage.However it did undermine some other types.If the Fairy type was truly balanced then Grass would resist it and Ice would be supereffective against it.
>>
>>22958653
so what type could GF add to fix the problem fairy made worse or didn't touch.

steel needs a nerf
bug, grass, ice, and flying need a buff
>>
>>22961161
Flying doesn't need jack shit until Gale Wings Brave Bird stops being a thing.
>>
>>22960597
This card EXISTS? Holy shit the power creep is phenominal.
>>
File: 1425063266620.jpg (11KB, 296x183px) Image search: [Google]
1425063266620.jpg
11KB, 296x183px
>>22958664
>ended spam outrage

I the only thing I wish is that when a Fairy switches into an ongoing Outrage and it ends cause it can't hit it the Outrager would become confused. It's almost like an advantage sometimes, getting a bunch of free Outrage hits and then getting switched in on and NO CONFUSION.
>>
File: 1423697675445.png (360KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1423697675445.png
360KB, 500x500px
>>22960782
>Clefairy is Ash/Red's shouldermon instead of Pikachu

do you think the franchise would have made it in the west if everything was pink? I wouldn't mind cause I'm a fuccboi but there is a deep dislike of all feminine things in children's media really. It was even worse in the 90s.
>>
>>22960818
The thing is: your opinion decides if a design is shit or not. People love to spout everywhere they hate Garbodor's design, for example, but they only say this because they hate the concept itself. Your opinion is not a fact. Get over it. I can think Slurpuff's goofy and cute design great and not being wrong, because its my opinion.

However, if you love baiting and scream you hate something, don't expect people to not call you stupid and underage. Because that's what children do.
>>
>>22959548
fairy type = sex type

(pic related)
>>
>>22961663
That was a fun comic.
>>
>>22960782
>tfw pikachu was just as ugly
>tfw clefable stayed the same as pikachu got numerous design changes
>>
>>22961364
>getting this assrekt over one dude not liking it

Jesus the other anons were right, Slurpuff fuckers just can't handle it getting any sort of dislike and have to get their defence force out.

Also

>an opinion can never be wrong

Dunno how you can call anyone underage when you say something idiotic like that. Go back to tumblr you Slurpuff babby.
>>
>>22961841
but we have to respect EVERY opinion because everyone is special and they thought of it so it's special :^)
>>
>>22960231
>muh faggotry
>>
>>22960828
Hero type is already covered by fighting type, faggot

>>22960776
The only "good" fighting types either had min max stats or were legends or relied on tactics outside the type (grass/spore for breloom)

Fairies did jackshit to the few "good" ones especially when they chose steel (lucario) and fire (blaziken, uber with speed boost) to resist the type but severely punished everything else that weren't already OU or uber
>>
>>22960782
Of course it is, best fairy next to Azu
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.