[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

What are some stupid things that you did when you played as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 39

File: Pokemon2.jpg (74KB, 544x535px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Pokemon2.jpg
74KB, 544x535px
What are some stupid things that you did when you played as a kid?
What have you seen kids do that is stupid?
>>
>>22440284
Killing shinys I saw because I thought they gave more XP and power
>>
I thought the little girl at Pewter City museum who wanted a Pikachu was a side mission.
>>
Tried entering the Viridian gym every time I earned money because the pokedollar symbol looked kind of like keys to me.

>Wow, 3000 keys and none of them fit this door!
>>
>>22440284
getting trapped in SS Anne in gold because I didn't know you need to sleep and talk to the gut to get out
>>
I restarted my game when I ran out of PP for all of my moves because I didn't realize going to the Pokemon Center recovered it
>>
Named my rival in silver ???
>>
my first pokemon game when I was like 5. me and my dad took over an hour to figure out how to get out of the house you start out in
>>
>>22440339
Are you me?

Also, my brother though leer's animation in Gold meant it was some laser eye move and thought it was hurting whatever he was fighting.
>>
>>22440284
I had heard about missingno and Pokemon glitches during Red and Blue but while I was playing silver my cousins actually showed me the glitch. There was a lot of talk about Pokemon glitches at the time and I was terrified of running into one. I actually ran into a shiny Entei while I was playing the aforementioned Silver version. I flipped the fuck out and immediately turn my gameboy off then back on and then restarted my game so that the cartridge wouldn't become unplayble.
>>
I recall trying to evolve Lunatone into Solrock and overlevelling it to 50 when everything else I had was ~28
And then when every kid in the neighborhood tried to figure out what "Mirage Island appears once in a blue moon" so we waited until the supermoon, and full moons and other astrological events and got all excited. So whenever we were out late and saw the moon we'd all rush to my porch and get out our GBAs.
>>
My cousin had a team of level 70+ Pokémon in Blue despite only having three gym badges. He was seriously grinding non-stop against Pidgeys and Rattatas in routes 1+2.
>>
When I learnt what natures did I would breed for any natures that limited the unnecessary stat. So if I trained a Blaziken I didn't go for just Adamant, but Careful or Impish would do fine too; so long as stats weren't 'wasted' on the useless Sp Att stat. I wound up with an armada of shitmons that way. Let alone shit IV's.
>>
Guys, I didn't do any of these things. Like. None. I just played the games correctly. Then again, I was an 8-year old with really good reading skills, so I dunno.

I did try to move the truck to find Mew though.
>>
Thinking that Cycling road in Route 110 was a wall.
>>
>>22440789
You must be fun at parties.
>>
>>22440393
Jesus how fucking long would that take
>>
>>22440789
>trying hard on 4chan let alone /vp/
C'mon dude
>>
Obsessively trying to find a way to catch mew. Glitched my game in every way possible to do so.
>>
When I was young, I use to throw away the vitamins or sell them because I thought they were useless, and before I got into competitive battling, I thought just giving your Pokemon vitamins in every stat meant they were EV trained.
>>
File: 1420321583903.jpg (228KB, 1312x978px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420321583903.jpg
228KB, 1312x978px
>>22440284
>be me
>be walking around mall one day
>overhear little kids talking about Pokemon
>ifmyearshadboners.jpg
>one kid says "I've been trying to catch a rattata because I really want a raticate"
>other kid says "I catched a rattata, but I let it go because it was the wrong color
>mfw kid caught a shiny rattata
>mfw kid never knew what he had
>mfw youngster Joey ain't got nothin on this bitch
>>
>>22440319
SS Aqua you moron
>>
>>22440302
>Get the elevator key or card key or whatever
>"hurr I have a key now open up viridian gym"
>>
There was a Rocket in the cave in Mt Moon that said "if you find a fossil, give it to me and scram"
I thought for sure I was supposed to bring him the fossil. So I went back after I found it and tried everything I could to give it to him.
>>
I had no idea about trade evolution so I beat 90 lv. with my Kadabra in silver to evolve it
>>
>>22440359
Is your brother me? I had the exact same idea as him at 7.
>>
>>22440359
>>22441693
Same here to be honest
>>
>>22440789
You're the kind of guy that admits to being a high functioning sociopath in every second thread you post in aren't you?
>>
I reset my GC when playing Colosseum, losing a few hours of gameplay, because I thought the Silver and Gold Shadow Metagross that one of the NPCs had might be a dangerous glitch.

I feel somewhat less annoyed at myself now that everyone got a free shiny Beldum.
>>
>11 yo
>playing emerald for the first time even tho i played ruby and sapphire multiple times
>find an aron with red eye
>"wait there is something strange in this guy"
>it's too late, already used doublekick
>"i guess it was just a female aron"
i regret this so bad, i could have a shiny aggron by now ;_; i only found out it was shiny years later because internet
>>
File: 1415214355158.jpg (68KB, 400x240px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1415214355158.jpg
68KB, 400x240px
I spent hours fishing for shellder thinking if one used Clamp on my Kings Rock Slowpoke or if it levelled up against one, it would evolve into a Slowking I never used slowbro so I didn't know it evolved without
I also never knew about the physical/special restriction on types, I literally based it off reality of moves
>shadow ball and sludge bomb were physical despite being 'hurled' moves
>bite and elemental punches were special despite being contact moves
>>
>>22441728
>I also never knew about the physical/special restriction on types, I literally based it off reality of moves
I'm pretty sure everyone did this up to some point. Honestly the only reason I found out that wasn't the case when Gen 4 rolled around with its physical/special split of moves.
>>
File: 1420500026926.jpg (88KB, 960x695px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420500026926.jpg
88KB, 960x695px
>>22441728
>use Hitmonchan back in Red
>get Fire Punch
>hyped because coverage
>use it against a trainers Venomoth
>it did piss damage
>look at Hitmonchans attack stat and it was the highest
>I kept thinking Hitmonchan was just bad and began to regret not picking Hitmonlee
>>
Grind for ever expecting my water type to learn HM Surf by itself.
days and days of leveling up
>>
>>22440375
No you didn't.
>>
>>22440855
So you eventually caught him then?
>>
>>22441704

Well you can't see a Pokemon is shiny until you purify it so you're kinda a fag for lying
>>
I've typically always paid attention to dialogue in RPGs I play, going all the way back to childhood. However, the one line of dialogue that six year old me zoned out on in Pokemon Blue was when you talk to the Pokemart guy in Viridian and he gives you Oak's Parcel. So I spent about two-three hours in Viridian and the route to the west trying to figure out how to advance, to the point that I started crying to my mom about how the game was broken and wouldn't let me do anything. I was a bit overdramatic and figured it out 20 minutes later.
>>
File: mysterious phantom.png (73KB, 250x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mysterious phantom.png
73KB, 250x250px
What are some bizzare experiences you've had, playing as a kid? One will always stick with me.


>Have older kid attempt to beat the elite 4 for me
>Hands me back GBA, says it's too hard
>I'm fighting a Ninetales
>Shut off GBA for some reason
>Fight the elite 4 again, none of them have Ninetales
>In fact, nobody in the entire hoenn region has a fucking Ninetales

Still had no clue who I was fighting, to this day.
>>
>>22442932
That's actually pretty spooky.
>>
>>22440284
In Silver i needed help to leave the house because i couldn't figure how doors worked

Also (as a kid) I never finished it because back then i couldn't into English so i never found the power plant missing part
>>
>>22442932
some Ace trainer in victory road have it?
>>
>>22440339
I did this one too. I was wondering what the fuck kind of name it was for a long time.
>>
>>22441907
You might want to go test something before you claim it.

Shadow Pokemon have entirely normal models, including normal shiny rates and appearance (disregarding the "shadow aura") with the obvious exception of Lugia.
>>
>>22440343
It's ok anon, I did the same thing. First day I played pokemon I didn't know the rug was the exit. I told my aunt who bought me the game it was "good, but would be better if I could beat the first level".
>>
When I was like 7 when I first got Yellow version I didn't know you could save, so every time I played I just restarted the game and played the exact same part over and over again.

And I still had the time of my life.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 342x192px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 342x192px
Used a Masterball on Kyogre in Sapphire - I was a very dumb kid. When I showed my friend what I had done he proceeded to steal my advance during recess and delete my game - I was so pissed at him, but he did the right thing, thanks bro.
>>
back in the R/S days I remember all of my friends would say once you beat the game May would stand on one of those random islands off of Slateport or around there with a really powerful team

we'd all hunt for her for days

probably did a bunch of other stupid shit that i don't remember too
>>
>>22442970
This lol. Blue Version - I got tired of going through the letters to name myself so by the time I figured out how to save, I was called AAAAAAA and my rival was AAAAAAA.

Later on I used the Masterball on a Tentacool (the first one I encountered) because I saw how destructive it was in the anime.
>>
File: 0iasdj.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0iasdj.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>22440284
>playing pokemon RB in english not knowing englinsh

Se siente mal, hombre.
>>
Got stuck in Cerulean City for two months cause I didn't know the hole in the back of that house was a door.

I tried selling everything to get the bike cause I figured I could use it to jump the fence.

I was not a clever child.
>>
Got stuck in R/S/E because I didn't know what to do after flannery. Grinded my machoke to low level 70's in the desert before figuring out.

Also believed that machoke had the highest level of evolution ingame, at level 100
>>
>>22442932
I have two stories which are similar:

>going through Ice Path on Crystal
>just entered the cave
>friend wants to play
>hand him GBC
>the teacher calls him
>he drops the GameBoy on the floor, which turns off
>get pissed, turn GameBoy on again
>i'm suddenly at the end of Ice Patch, with Waterfall in my inventory.


Another one, more spooky:

>was very young, playing on my cousin's Crystal version, at a huge fun wedding
>he had a badass Croconaw he adored
>meet some NPC which wants to trade a shitmon for Croconaw
>my english was shit, so I traded it
>realise my mistake
>instantly turn off GameBoy
>beg mom to go home
>little cousin doesn't want to go, cries and yells to stay
>i force my mom and aunt to go home
>never confess my sins

Is there even a NPC which trades something for your Croconaw? I've replayed Crystal many times after, and haven't found anyone who matched that criteria.
>>
>>22443383
that last story has to be fake because it's impossible to trade any starter ingame
>>
File: 1380374844163.jpg (470KB, 640x576px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1380374844163.jpg
470KB, 640x576px
>>22441783
Wait I'm confused why did fire punch do very little? I feel as if I'm missing something obvious.
>>
>>22443718
Certain types were tied to either attack/defense or special, fire was special
>>
Used a master ball on Ghastly in Yellow because I couldn't catch one
>>
>>22443806
Thank you kind anon I completely forgot.
>>
>>22440284
Playing pokemon yellow as a kid. At some point my one of my pokemon got poisoned and the screen did that poison glitchy thing. I didnt know what it was so I thought my game was messed up. Cried and restarted
>>
>>22443383
Yea I dont think theres a npc in any game who trades starters
>>
>>22443126
What are you supposed to use it on...
>>
>>22440284
I used to teach my dragonite moves like thunderbolt, flamethrower, and surf. I didnt understand the differences between special attack and attack
>>
>>22443235
>your name on this post

Thanks for the kek AAAAAAAA
>>
Named Silver "Fuck" in crystal.

That pokémaniac near the lake of rage said "some Fuck kid totally wiped me team out"

I leld
>>
>>22440284
I was on a school field trip with friends who where all playing pokemon.
>friend asks to use my lugia to battle another friend.
>They never battled.
>It was all a trick to get my lugia
>14(or so) years later he still feels bad about it
>>
>>22440284
When I first started playing, I thought hidden items were buried underground and you needed a Pokemon with Dig to get the up.
>>
>Be 8
>Play Red
>Beat Misty and Rival, and went to Bill's house.
>Now what?
>Do not know the circle in Diglett Guy's house is a hole.
>Be stuck in Cerulean City for a week.
>>
I was playing Silver as my first Pokemon game, I didn't understand english not even one bit. I choose Cyndaquil for the fire, went to Violet, beat the gym and could never advance further.

I restarted the game to get Chikorita, and level it up till it learns Cut to open the road. (Sudowoodo stuff).

After another restart, accidentally found the way to go to Azalea with a Quilava over lv 30.

I often had trouble advancing because of language, but the longest one would be when finding the machine part. I did not reach Pewter City literally for months, till one of my friends did it. I still remember that night, it is probably one of the greatest memories of my childhood.

Fast forward: Gen 3

I restarted my game after I jumped back to Rustboro from Meteor Falls. I wouldn't really do it but my brother decided that it's the best thing to do.

Last stupid thing I've done was training Lombre to level 75-80 expecting to evolve it. Never did. I hate Ludicolo now. Fucking ugly shit.
>>
>Surfing behind Claire's gym
>Find a golden magikarp
>"Oh, just like in the show. I'll come back and catch one later."
>Soon find out it isn't a pond stocked with golden magikarp, and I could have had 2 red gyarados ;_;
>>
>>22444264
I ran into a Ditto on Cinnabar's shore once, assuming that they could be found in the water. It wasn't until months later that Cinnabar shore was a thing.
>>
I thought stat-lowering moves such as Tail Whip helped make wild Pokemon easier to catch.
>>
>>22443126
I did this with Groudon. I have that same game file in Ruby that I had when I was a kid, and I still haven't had enough luck to catch Rayquaza with any other kind of ball.
>>
>>22440284
>What have you seen kids do that is stupid?

One time I saw a kid run into the road because there was a snail in the road. Kid died. Not Pokémon related but whatever.

Captcha: lemay
>>
>>22444355
>using it on rayquaza
>not on latios/as

Fucking scrub
>>
>>22442963
Not that anon, but the problem is that purification "rerolls" to see if its shiny.
>>
>>22441205
>>You're older than me so you're wrong

SS Anne was RBY. SS Aqua was GSC
>>
not embarrassing per say but Fuck it.

>be younger me
>playing pokemon stadium for first time
>nicknamed mons had a different color pallets
>spent hours coming up with different names so my mons would have different colors that I thought looked cool.

I thought I was the coolest kid for having a golden tinted oddish and pink mewtwo.
>>
File: 1408102692957.gif (799KB, 400x332px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408102692957.gif
799KB, 400x332px
>First game was Gold
>Got poisoned before Cherrygrove
>Screen starts wigging out every few steps
>Think game is fucked up until literally Ruby when I found out it was very normal.
>mfw
>>
>>22444431
oh ya, and I didnt beat Gold until a few years after Ruby as well.
>>
>>22444400
>Anon1: Got trapped in SS ANNE in GOLD
>Anon2: It was SS AQUA
>You: Since SS AQUA was in your game, you must have gone to SS ANNE instead
>>
>>22444372
I'm pretty sure I already have Latios in that game, that I caught with an Ultra Ball.

>>22443137
My older cousin told me there was a secret bike park you could only reach after beating the game. He said that it was possible to crash your bike there, which would destroy it so you'd have to buy a new one.
>>
I used Splash once
>>
>be seven years old
>get red version right before trip with aunt
>Oak wants me to go pick his package up
>can't find the pokemart so just grind all vaction on pidgeys
>aunt buys me the game guide for reading on the plane ride home
>rek Brock with level 20+ Charmeleon
>>
>>22440343
Holy shit i thought i was the only one
>>
Got a spooky story like>>22442932
>Surfing on either Route 19 or 20 in FireRed
>Battle a Swimmer
>Sends out a Staryu
>It was silver with a blue orb in the middle
>Believed that it a said trainer had a shiny Staryu
>Scour the internet trying to find said trainer with the shiny Staryu
>Finally realize it was impossible
>Can't even encounter to Staryu in FireRed
>>
>>22444431
Since I used Venusaur primarily though my first run of the game, I didn't see the poison effect until Cinnabar lab. I figured it was the lights in the lab flashing.
>>
>>22444506
I need to proof read my posts before hitting post
>>
Well this one time when I was playing LeafGreen I somehow ended up in Bill's secret garden where I traded my Mewtwo for his Mewthree X. I haven't been able to do this again though. It feels real in my mind so it definitely happened
>>
>>22442932
>Be 8, with Pokemon Red
>Trying to evolve magikarp
>He evolves at level 40? Ok, must be because Gyarados is powerful
>Years later I find out he evolves at 20, no sources state that he evolves at 40

I swear on my life I trained that fucker up to level 40, idk wtf happened with my game.
>>
File: creyeing.gif (408KB, 375x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
creyeing.gif
408KB, 375x281px
>>22444547
i believe you anon. it's so sad how you'll never find it again.
>>
>>22442932
>>22442932
Similar story that I can't explain:

>Be young somewhere with my mom and brother waiting in the car, my brother playing Crystal or something
>My Gameboy was definitely not in the car with us
>Brother shows me his Gameboy and he's battling my trainer, all my Pokemon and everything.
>Back when you needed those wires to connect and trade

I remember getting so upset that he was beating me and I couldn't help it. Still can't explain it to this day.
>>
My sister used the Master Ball on the Union Cave Lapras in Crystal because she was getting rushed to get out of the car for a softball practice/game and thought she just used a regular ball. Guess she didn't notice the special animation.
I also convinced her that Tropius that have bananas are a super rare variety. The keks that were had when she found all of them have them
>>
>>22444494
lel
>>
I thought "release" meant the pokemon would be released from the pc and back into my party.

>Bye bye clefairy!
>>
>>22440339
>Discussing the games with friends when younger
>"Oh man, I just fought Question-Mark Question-Mark Question-Mark in Goldrenrod City while doing the Team Rocket Mission in Goldenrod."
>Looks of disgust and confusion
I think its their as the ultimate Autism test or something like that. [spoilers] Welcome to the special squad kiddo [/spoilers]
>>
>>22440822
Nigga you are me. I was stuck there for weeks until one day I was just fucking around and running and ended up below the overpass.
>>
>>22443306
Ayyyy pues, qué difícil era!

Imaginate, a los 6 años, sin saber una palabra de inglés-

Traduction: Taco tequila burrito Taco
>>
>>22444669
Trainer House, Viridian City.

That's the only explanation.
>>
>>22444329
do they not?
>>
>be 9 years old
>playing emerald
>sceptile moveset: giga drain, mega drain, leaf blade, cut
>>
>>22444803

I never knew that thing existed. That's one childhood mystery solved. Thanks anon
>>
>>22444823

Not to my knowledge.
>>
>>22440284
what? the picture thing is not stupid.
>>
I beat all dark caves on the red/blue games without flash.
I just assumed, it was the way the things were, because as you know, caves can be dark
>>
>>22442932
>be me playing gold
>game started to act glitchy
>go to pc
>all my pokemon are messed up and are random pokemon with random moves and weird glitched names
>hope to find a celebi or some weird shit
>scrolling through the box, last pokemon I saw a Togepi
>game resets itself
>the save data is corrupted
:(

I have no clue what happened there, but since that day, my game had some issues and the save data would delete itself sometimes. I assume the internal battery was about to die, although that happened several years ago.
>>
Here's my team from my first Sapphire playthrough:
Sceptile: Around level 40
Crobat: Around level 30
Pelipper: Level 86

I never did beat the Elite Four on that file.
>>
>>22445318
>Pelipper: Level 86
what
>>
File: Garfieldator.jpg (3KB, 125x89px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Garfieldator.jpg
3KB, 125x89px
>>22440284
Got Ruby and a Gameboy as a gift in elementary school and I ended up using only a Pelipper with a couple other HM slaves.
Seriously, It was my first level 100 while the rest of my team was around level 20-30.
I didn't even nickname it
>>
>>22443383
>all that bullshit
>>
>>22445318
>>22445345
Pelimind
>>
>>22444355
I had an older kid catch Rayquaza for me in a Timer Ball. Took him an hour to do it, and the timer ball had the ugliest animation in Ruby, but that's what I deserved for using the masterball on Groudon
>>
>me being 5
> my brother being 8
> He was playing pokemon blue
> I'm the younger brother so I was watching (parents too poor to buy it for both uf us)
> I had already seen a friend of mine playing it so I knew a few things of the game
> Big brother gets into Brocks gym with only his charmander (it was lv. 10 or so)
>Brock sends out Onix after Geodude
>Brother: "WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME HE HAD "OTNIX"? I CANT BEAT THAT "OTNIX"

>Brother punches me in the face
>I cry
>>
>>22445337
I second this, like what!, you espect it to evolve into some kind of suoereagull?
>>
>>22443982
>Friend gets a GameShark
>beg him to use it on my Ruby because I wanted to see the special events
>after weeks of imploring he does it
>boxes are full of Bad EGG and yellow Bulbasaur
Worst experience ever.
>>
>>22445536
I just liked Pelipper. I would always focus on training just one pokemon when I was a kid because I was stupid, but it was usually my starter.

If there's one good thing I gained from that, it was a bro for life
>>
>>22445534
U kno wut anon u din need to fee bad bout that cus I got blue at 7 too cus my familt (single day care mom) to do it all and I watched my older brother a shiny pidgeot and sinz Ive been obseesssing over that fuck.
>>
Black out against the second trainer (Excluding rival) on Platinum.
>>
>>22445601
We have a winner, thread over
>>
>>22445318
I feel you.
My team from my first Fire Red playthrough:
Dewgong: lv.100
Charizard: around level 70-80
And nothing else.
>>
>>22445599
I grat you Anom. Pwlipper's really your bro. Stay Karenfag 4evu.
>>
>>22445609
Not sure if I should be happy about that
>>
>>22445601
Underage detected
>>
>>22445599
thx anon

i still cri smtimes but im ok

shiny pidgeot is lief
>>
>flash tunnel blind
>rival ???
>tried desperately to use sneasel

>>22444362
How was the snail?
>>
I thought stat-changing moves were permanent.

I used hyperbeam on fucking everything.
>>
Had 3 boxes full of Spinda, because of Gotta catch 'em all!
>>
Reading this thread has helped me understand why the games have been getting easier.

>playing Gold
>victory road
>a wild Golbat appears
>why is it green and sparkle
>shit, my game must be glitched
>panic and turn off my gameboy losing hours of progress
>years later I learn of my folly
>>
>>22443393
>>22443924
>>22445438

This is how I remember it. Dunno if it was a weird pirate copy or something, probably was
>>
>>22440290
Iv never seen a wild shiny.
Iv been playing since 1998 and have had every version since yellow.

Never seen a wild shiny.
>>
>>22445599
>blue version
>shiny

k
>>
>>22445797
How did you feel when you learned that there were 4,294,967,295 Spinda patterns?
>>
>the games are so dumbed down now

Well... well, yeah. Look at the dumb bullshit people used to do and think.
>>
>>22446539
But it added to the mystery of it all.
>>
>>22446547
That sounds like a desperate cling to the past if I've ever read one.
>>
File: image.jpg (602KB, 1537x1537px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
602KB, 1537x1537px
>bright sparkles and jingle noise
>Oh lord please give me strength it's a glitch
Report and hide and move along.
>>
File: 1419923960043s.jpg (11KB, 250x247px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1419923960043s.jpg
11KB, 250x247px
i didnt know you could save

one time i made it to the elite 4 after not turning the gameboy for like a week, and the fukign batteries died

a couple days later my cousin comes in with the a fucking huge discovery...we can save the game
>>
>>22446585
You clearly never fucked around in Gen 1, because some glitches could do crazy shit.

It wasn't a big stretch to think they had existed in Gen 2.
>>
>>22442932
Was it Emerald or R/S? I'm going to research this shit.
>>
>playing yellow
>the box1 is full
>damn, i can't catch more pokemon
>i don't know how switch the boxes

Also
>I speak spanish
>the game arrive in english
>I don't know english
>I don't know how save my progress
>star every time from "welcome to the world of pokemon"
>>
>>22446681
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGlTbYMbjHY
>>
>>22440284
I used to love wurmple for no reason. I don't even care for the design anymore. However at the time I would run from any and all wurmples except one trainer who had like 5 fucking wurmples. I literally cried like a bitch. It's pretty great in retrospect. I used to sketch sprites. Max autism in this bitch
>>
>>22440290
me too, except i do have a chained relicanth i never use
>>
>>22440339
i thought i was a badass and typed in ???!
>>
>>22440339
I called him IDONTNO

Because I didn't have space for IDONTKNOW
>>
Traded my Gold version with a shiny butterfree onit for a Gengar EX card ;_; I still miss that save.
>>
>>22444506
Trainers can only have shiny Pokemon if they're preset. It isn't random.
>>
>>22446817
And this is why you never buy your retarded kids expensive toys.
>>
>>22444704
I feel bad for laughing so hard at your misfortune.
>>
File: fdg123dfg13dgffw.gif (22KB, 275x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fdg123dfg13dgffw.gif
22KB, 275x300px
I didn't realise I could switch between backpack sections on FireRed... I had only used the item compartment up until the diglett cave
>>
>>22440873
>ive been trying to catch a rattata

fake
>>
File: HIDE HELP.jpg (46KB, 251x356px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
HIDE HELP.jpg
46KB, 251x356px
>got a gameshark
>hack a lot of pokémon in my Silver game
>level up to 100 and teach nice moves
>try a battle vs my brother
>my vileplume (F) uses attract in his hitmonchan
>it works in my game, because my vileplume is female
>it doesnt work in his game because there my vileplume is male
>"hey thats worng, but we can still play"
>vileplume KOs his hitmonchan in my game
>hitmonchan KOs my vileplume in his game
>both games freezes
>my data is corrupted, all NPC are switched (like the swimmers uses the rival sprite)
>all my game is a glitch fest
>i fish eggs in dark cave

it was fun
>>
>>22447147
holy fuck

you suck at gameshark

here's mine, since we're speaking of gameshark
>start out playing pokemon r/b on no$gbc or whatever
>discover azure heights and read all about what we now call EVs and IVs (back then it was stat experience and... something)
>gameshark leet pokes into my emulated game

later on
>get game boy and blue, and later silver
>buy gameshark
>give myself leet but legal pokes with max EVs and IVs
>never play the game with anyone else

e-eat shit elite 4 :(
>>
>>22442932
>Go to the trainer house in Viridian city in Silver
>The trainer there has a rhydon and multiple unnowns
>game freezes during fight

>Playing battle tower in Emerald
>my Blastoise turns into a bad egg midfight
>wipe because I'm down one pokemon for the rest of the fights
>give no shits since I had cloned it previously
>still have that fucking leftovers holding egg years later
>>
I had trouble finding flash. You guy's were stupid little kids.
>>
I had gold,my friend had silver.I had an arcanine and convinced him it was a super rare legendary, he traded me his lugia for it.
>>
>Was stuck for a week trying to find the Old guy his "coffee" back when I was a kid playing Red
>I ended up grinding on Pidgeys
>>
>>22447362

well growlithe is a version exclusive, and fire stones are kinda rare in gen 2, and you can get lugia in gold too
>>
I thought Snorlax and legendaries were some kind of bosses (like Marowak ghost, the first occurrence of non random wild pokémon IIRC) so it never even crossed my mind to catch them
>>
>>22442932
You might have been battling Cooltrainer Julie.
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/hoenn/3rd/victoryroad.shtml
>>
>>22446406
Same here
>>
I thought you acquired Pokemon by getting item capsules in the over world, because they look just like Pokeballs. Why weren't they in crates or chests or something?
>>
>>22440822
Are you me? I gave up in my sapphire game for months until my cousin played the game and got the other side and I was like how the f did you do that
>>
I was mad after defeating the first two gyms in Kanto because I thought Brock and Misty joined you on your journey afterwards.
>>
>In Pokemon Red, have a party consisting of a single Raticate with powerful Normal-type moves.
>"Yeah, Hyper Fang is awesome!"
>Get to Lavender Town.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 464x287px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 464x287px
I used to always try to get into that little area behind Bill's house in RBY. I remember reading about "Bill's secret garden" in the guidebook or somewhere, so I guess I figured that's what was back there. I don't know, it just always struck me as odd that there was an open space behind his house, especially since it looked like it could have lead to another area.
>>
>>22447884
Are you me?
And every other kid?
>>
I thought turn order was determined by who selected the move first.
>>
I used to read the dialogue in Pokemon.
>>
>>22447559
>>22446693
It was Sapphire.
>>
>>22447602
so that they could trick you into aggroing voltorbs in the power plant
>>
File: 1420327109777.jpg (91KB, 335x329px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420327109777.jpg
91KB, 335x329px
>>22447927
>used to read the dialogue in Pokemon.

>not reading your games
>>
>>22440284
Any time I let a person in a random house heal my pokemon for me I'd check my trainer card for my money immediately afterwards. For some bizarre reason as a kid I was under the distinct impression that they would rob me in my sleep. I have absolutely no idea why I started thinking that.
>>
>Mum buys me an xploder for pokemon sapphire and red
>Have not clue about how it works
>Use few of them
>Save the game without checking my team
>Half of it is now bad eggs
>Try to hatch it
>The game freezes
>Eventually end up with a corrupted save on Red and a fucked up team on Sapphire
>Cry for several hours

I still remember how desperate I felt that day
>>
>>22446406
I saw a shiny Petilil, once. In a goddamn emulator.
>>
>playing red
>get to daycare
>guy asks me if i want a pokemon looked after, i say yeah
>walk around for a while, ask him to get my pokemon thinking he'd give ti back and give me some item for lettign him play with it
>100 pokemoneys
>realize ive been scammed by a shady looking guy
>leave the place in a rage, come back later decided to pay
>1100 pokemoney
>this mother fucker!
>every time i go back i don't have enough money to get my pokemon out
took me so long to realize what was going on i ended up with astrong ass pigey
>>
>My first game was Silver,
>first run through,
>mebbe 10 yo,
>get to the Ice Path,
>breeze though the puzzles in only 50 attempts,
>think delibirb is the sickest shit ever.

Anyway,
>doing the Strength block puzzle,
>obliterating Golbats left right and center with my ugly as shit Feraligatr (I thought Totodile was cute) with water/water/water/cut coverage,
>come across a Golbat that's green and sparkles,
>holyfug.jpg
>use one of my 17 cloned masterballs
>use it even though i still think Golbat is shit
>put in box @ lvl 30, never seen again
>get bored of game, decide to restart
>get to ice path
>looking for shiny Golbat
>cannot find
>ohshitwhathaveidone
>later, find out that crobat is total bro and use him all the time.
>only wild shiny I ever found

Also, i later found out a glitch with pokemon stadium 2 that could turn any pokemon shiny.
>>
This was just when X and Y came out, unfortunately. I hadn't looked up the game beforehand and didn't know Vivillon came in different patterns. Traded some guy my Zygarde for his Vivillon because I thought it was a shiny.
>inb4 retard
I already know.
>>
>Playing Red
>Get Stuck in Celadon city for ages.

Worst part is reading over this thread I seem to have been the only one. Just couldn't figure out how to pass that "Gee I'm thirsty" guard.

Felt like a complete fucking genius when I had a brainflash one day and finally figured out.

Also
>Went through a cave without flash
>Murdered all the legendaries first time though

Nothing compared to a friend I had though

>Trades his Ivysaur for a Rhydon from an older kid.
>Thing was overlevelled and wouldn't listen to him
>He went through the game like that.
>>
>>22447956
She was in Sapphire too, just with a different team. Still had the Ninetales. I only thought it was this because of its close proximity to the Elite Four.
>>
i didnt even care about training a full team of pokemon the first time i played

by the time i got to the E4 i had a level 90 blastoise and a few lvl30 hm slaves
>>
>>22448800
Forgot pic
>>
>>22448808
i also used the master ball on articuno
>>
>friend tells me if you get cut from a trade in RBY and get to the ss anne you can find mew while surfing
>warns me not to get cut from the ship or else the ship sails and you can never get inside
>get cut from a trade and never set foot inside the ship in fear it would sail off
>never even go past the sailor
>>
>play ruby/sapphire/emerald/fire-red/leaf-green
>didnt really know that different attacks where physical and not so didnt care much about stats whatsoever
>powerleved hard different mons and just gave them good attacks

fugg, im 19 now and i only learned about the stat thing about a year ago and it all made sense
>>
>>22448808
No shame. To this day I STILL play pokemon by powerlevelling my starter and fighting the elite 4 with him and him alone.
>>
>>22447100
No man
these were like 4 year old kids that I overheard
they had no clue what was happening
>>
File: IMG_1009.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_1009.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>22443235
Dug it up
>>
>>22448275
Not as bad as seeing a shiny before giving the parcel to Oak.
>>
File: IMG_1010.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_1010.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>22449185
>>
File: IMG_1011.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_1011.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>22449266
At least it wasn't some level 7 or something
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 661x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 661x720px
>>22446681
>Derpady
Tap kick
>>
>Blue
>Team Rocket takeover of Silph Co
>Moving through the escape rope-style teleport tile thingies
>Can't figure out how to get the Key Card
>Think that I'm being blocked by a teleport tile
>Not realizing that when I teleport there from its other location that I have to walk down to progress
>Keep walking fucking up like moron and wondering what I had to do to move past the teleporter

2 for 1 deal.

>Gold
>Get Smeargle
>Think that Sketch is the coolest fucking thing ever
>Realize you learn a new Sketch every ten moves
>Grind for ten levels
>New Sketch
>Don't even know what the fuck I'm gonna use it on
>Decide that I'm gonna Sketch it on any move I see that I think is cool
>Wild Chinchou appears
>Chinchou used Flail
>Cool
>Sketch it
>Grinded for ten levels to Sketch Flail
>Thought Flail was cool
>>
>>22445139
It is. When you max out, you're one dolla shy.
>>
I would sometimes let my pokemon remember old STAB moves even after they had learned new ones that were basically the same thing except more powerful. For example:

-Ember
-Flamethrower
-Fire Blast
-(fourth move here)

why.jpg
>>
Red or yellow?
>>
>>22448722
My brother used the in-game trade Mr. Mime as his main. It was almost always too high-leveled to listed, but it absolutely wrecked ass.
>>
>Blue
>thought moves that matched the Pokemon's type were the best
>didn't matter if they were status moves or attack moves
>all mons had whatever most recent four moves matched their types
>Venusaur with Poisonpowder, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder and Solar Beam

>Gold
>figured out that variation is good
>thought each mon's best moves were at the end of their learnset
>Grinded a Weepinbell all the way to level 54 so it could learn Slam before I evolved it because Slam must be its best move

Yeah I don't know either.
>>
>>22448397
Underrated post
>>
>>22445599
Oh fuck. Reminded me when I was at Toys 'R' Us for the Manaphy event back in 2007, and I fucking traded my shiny Pidgeot that I migrated from FireRed for some shitmon to some neckbeard.
>>
File: sad_frog.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sad_frog.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
>Be me
>Play pokemon Sapphire ("I want the one with the whale!")
>Have played Red and Crystal before
>Beat the E4
>Spend weeks looking for the way to travel to Johto/Kanto

I honestly thought it would be something recurring in every pokemon game.
>>
>>22449451
>>Thought Flail was cool
Thank you anon, you've made my night. Seriously laughed my ass off my chair. tyty
>>
>>22449581
I always try and have both Flamethrower + Fire Blast for the hit ratio and PP.
>>
>>22440299
Same. Always tried to bring a pikachu to her
>>
File: 1407076902572.gif (138KB, 400x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407076902572.gif
138KB, 400x300px
>>22446533
>not catching them all and using multiple carts to store them all on.
>>
File: hahahaha.jpg (84KB, 406x594px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hahahaha.jpg
84KB, 406x594px
>>22446703
this has to be a troll lol. if not, i actually really feel sorry for your experience in the past :'(
>>
>>22442907
Cute
>>
>>22444823
lolno
>>
>>22446406
Been playing since 98, found my first gen II shiny just 6 months ago, a Donphan in silver. It's in my Crystal cart with its brand new internal battery. Feels good.
>>
>>22440284
id evolve pokemon that needed stones to evolve right away.
>>
>>22449544
how do you will know you will be one dolla shy?
>>
>>22448722
You aren't alone on the "gee I'm thirsty " guard. I was so fucking excited. I bought 3 more sodas for the other guards, but turns out the first guy shared. FUCKINSWEEEET
>>
>>22451593
Pokedollars max out at $999,999. Impossible to have $1,000,000 in RBY
>>
I gave my GBA copy of Fire Red to my sister when I was 8 or 9 because I couldn't find the hm Surf anywhere to get further in the game, so I got tired of being stuck and I said 'fuck it'. She later tells me that she found it at the end of the safari zone. I told her I wanted it it back but she never gave it back to me.
>>
>>22444376
That I didn't know, but it doesn't change that what I said happened.
>>
A few random things on some different files.
>red version
>thought I could do some shit to get to see Bill's collection
>went through game using only my starter and hm slaves
>took forever to get past the thirsty guards
>saved after accidentally killing moltres
>did every single conceivable thing to try and get mew from under the truck
>silver version
>caught a hoothoot with a master ball
>thought some super special shit would happen if I caught every unknown
>randomly encountered entei and ko'd it thinking it was something normal
>>
Once when I was playing blue as a kid, one of my Pokemon was poisoned. I had no idea what that meant aside from my screen going crazy. My mom convinced me that it meant I needed to turn my sound off and play silently. I played silently for years and wondered why the fuck my screen would shake.
>>
>>22445041
There is literally nothing wrong with this set in game
>>
>>22442932
>playing Pokemon Red
>surfing in the route to the right of Cinnabar Island
>encounter a Ponyta
>catch it, thinking it will know some water type moves
>it doesn't
>be both disappointed and confused
>>
File: 1414224222426.jpg (7KB, 186x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414224222426.jpg
7KB, 186x250px
>>22447884
mfw delta episode in bills garden in red2/blue2 with mew and shit
>>
>>22452729
>randomly encountered entei and ko'd it thinking it was something normal

I did the same
>>
Leveling Kadabra to 70 before the 5th gym because I wanted it to evolve.
>>
File: 1354774151029.gif (3MB, 350x263px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1354774151029.gif
3MB, 350x263px
>beat Ruby
>expect to go to Johto
>lolnope
>beat FireRed
>expect to go to Johto
>lolnope
>beat Emerald
>you see where I'm going with this
>get a gameshark
>use it to encounter Johtomons in FireRed
>but nothing happened!
>try replacing my shitmons with Johtomons
>it turns all my mons into bad eggs
>decide to buy Pokemon Crystal at gamestop
>the game doesn't save
>return it and get Gold instead
>it doesn't save either
>parents won't take me back to gamestop again
>even if it could save, you couldn't trade between gens
>mfw I couldn't catch 'em all until HGSS
>>
As a kid I refused to use any pokemon that I hadn't seen in the anime. Usually this meant that I had Ash's exact team or something close, and I even used action replay so I wouldn't have to use non-anime pokemon. My FireRed team:
>Charizard lvl 75
>Bulbasaur lvl 54
>Squirtle lvl 54
>Pikachu lvl 55
>Pidgeot lvl 60
>Donphan lvl 60 (It looked cool in the first movie)

You would think a 12 year old would know better.
>>
when I played ruby my favourite dream team was hooh and lugia, I constantly used them for months till I noticed that you can attack your own pokemon in double fight. I was so disappointed of lugia that he actually attacked his partner that I banned him in the box and never used him again
>>
>>22440284
I thought that you have to literally have every single pokemon in your PC to complete the Pokedex in Blue, so I bought a shitton of pokeballs to catch 3 Pidgeys, 2 Rattatas, 3 Caterpies, 3 Weedles etc.
I was collecting Living Pokedex because I thought it's the only way to complete the game
>>
Gee where to begin.

My first game was Yellow, and I struggled to beat Brock.
I sat in the Pokecenter for a good half hour repeatedly healing my Pikachu thinking that it would toughen him up if I did it over and over again.

I never completed the original games until FR/LG came out, because I didn't know to give the Saffron guards a drink, so I couldn't get in.

I didn't know how to evolve Onix, so I trained an Onix to level 100 via Exp. Share, so not only did it never evolve, but it was fucking abysmal too.

In Crystal, I accidentally registered my Old Rod because it said 'SEL' and I was trying to get rid of it. This caused a good few months of pure frustration because I didn't know how to register my bike back. In the end, I just gave up completely and tried to sell my bike in a huff because it was worthless to me without it registered. I hit SEL and it finally worked again.

I never read things and I completely missed the Machine Part being hidden in Misty's gym in GSC, so my Crystal had me with a full level 100 team before I even finished Kanto, because I didn't know how to get past Snorlax.
Oh, also I thought I could glitch the game and run past Snorlax before he appeared. If you paused the game and Snorlax was half in and out of the menu, he'd fully disappear, leaving a path free to the entrance of Diglett's Tunnel, until you unpaused it, of course.
Again, I never completed Gen II until a good few years afterwards.

I was a complete fucklord until Gen III.
>>
I know a kid who had a level 26 Marshtomp before fighting May for the first time in Sapphire.
>>
>>22454408
My cousin did that in FR because he didn't know how to get past the grumpy old man in Viridian
lvl 22 Venusaur iirc
>>
>>22454351
I never completed gen 2 either
>somehow end up beating the league despite fucked level curve
>stumble into kanto
>battle some trainers
>get rekt by gym leaders
Then my memory gets fuzzy

I didn't know what kanto was because I never played the original games
>>
>>22454431
Oh, he knew what to do. He just wanted to get a Swampert before May, then curbstomp her. It took too long so he gave up part way through.
>>
>>22454447
Pfft, as you do
>>
>>22446406
I only saw my first wild shiny (besides Gyarados) like 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>22445201
Fuck
>>
I released Shuckie.
>>
>>22445201
I did this too, but not because I didn't know what Flash was, just because I didn't want to teach a mon Flash.
In RBY it wasn't that bad, but I once really got stuck in Dark Cave for good.

>>22454503
Wow
>>
>>22446406
before this gen the only shiny i ever saw was a mareep in gen 2 when it came out and i ran from it cuz i was in a hurry
>>
>>22440284
Thought physical attacks came off the attack stat and special moves came off the special stat. Defense applied to both physical and special moves.
>>
Every time I got poisoned I tried changing the batteries on my gameboy color since I thought the overworld poison flash/noise was the game running out of juice.
>>
>>22454720
Similar, first time I got poisoned I thought my game was glitched and restarted the save file.
>>
>>22440343
me too except i took it to daycare with me and an older kid id it for me, it was days if i remember right
>>
>>22454503
You monster.
>>
>>22444547
Yeah, that's so strange considering nothing inside of the game's ROM permits such a thing to happen
>>
I taught Rhydon surf. Thought that was the coolest shit ever. A Pokemon using a move it's weak against.
>>
>>22446721
Such ominous music. It's weird how, even the though the game is just reading random garbage data, it actually sounds like a creepy song someone composed.
>>
When I first got Red I was 7 years old. Add to this the fact that I'm not a native English speaker, and you'll have one fucked up playthrough. I had to try out every single move to see what happens, because the names told me nothing about the move. I also understood nothing about how to advance the game, so I got stuck everywhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 280x280px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 280x280px
>whenever R/S came out, like 12 years ago or some shit
>went to summer camp because my
parents worked
>got my first game and some older dude was explaining to me how pokemon works
>ask him if my torchic faints can I use it again
>other stupid shit like that
>dude also tells me about how If you don't evolve your pokemon right away they learn special moves
>mentions hydro pump and shit
>word fucking up my dude
>hold torchics or combustions evolution over
>learns flamethrower
>used to watch the anime religiously so I thought that flamethrower was the ideal fire move
>keep holding back hoping torchic/combustion would learn hydro pump or some shit
>eventually get bored and just evolve it
>mfw still yearn for my blaziken with hydro pump
>>
>>22447884
It was actually there because of tile limitations. Tiles in Red and Blue are 2x2 tile sets, and if you'll notice, there's only one open tile behind Bill's house. That's because the top parts of his roof are part of the top row of tiles. It's funny how this game's limitations were what caused all of these stupid rumors.
>>
>>22444704
Same, except I thought it meant that you could walk around with your pokemon. Like Ash and Pikachu would :'^)
>>
>>22448397

Fantastic story!
>>
>>22448722
The "gee, I'm thirsty guy". Younger me thought I had to do a side quest before he would take a break and get some coffee or something.
Never found that side quest, had to ask another kid how to get past him.
>>
I was the kid who would make up lies at school to make my friends do shit.

"Yeah, I got a BLACK Charizard by fighting the Elite 4 and losing 25 times in a row to Lance, on the 26th fight, you have to win with a level 99 Charizard using the move "ember"."

Etc, etc. Pretty much any lie you heard as a kid, I most likely made something up very similar.

I used to clone Pokemon in G/S and trade the clones away to get Pokemon I wanted. Once, something messed up and I got a bad egg so I deleted my entire save file. So I kinda got what was coming to me.

Before I unlocked Cerulean cave, I thought the guy guarding the cave was one of those British guards with a big fuzzy hat.
>>
My cousin caught a geodude with the master ball.
>>
>>22454984
If it was shiny, then there is no shame in that. Fucking Self-Destruct.
>>
File: woooopeer.png (12KB, 1013x797px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
woooopeer.png
12KB, 1013x797px
Thinking Treeko evolved into Groudon
Giving it a nickname relating to Groudon
>>
>>22440284
On my first run ever in Pokemon red i never used run because i didn't want my Charizard to be a pussy that retreats from a fight.
>>
>>22455049
What the fuck?
How?

I am laughing so hard at this I don't know why
>>
>>22446406
>play every version since gen 1 like you
>only find 1 shiny in my entire life (a fucking dunsparce)
>let my bf play X
>he's never played pokemon before
>finds a shiny ralts his first day playing
>doesnt even use it
>>
>>22446406
First shiny was in X. A female Wobbufett caught in a Heal Ball who I infected with PokeRus. Nicknamed her Pinky.
>>
>>22440339
i did this...
>>
>>22440284
First team was Charizard, Snorlax, Mozart, Mewtwo

Being afraid of Golbat in Red and of Wobba in Gold (that fucking tail)

Raised Seadra to lv99 thinking it would evolve

Raised Ninjask to lv40 for the same reason (not really a kid, but still "stupid")
>>
>>22453619

>what is Pokemon Colosseum
>>
>>22455050
qt
>>
>>22455183
post pics of your bf
>>
File: Cranky's Advice.jpg (38KB, 544x339px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Cranky's Advice.jpg
38KB, 544x339px
>>22455050
>tfw I still do this today
>>
Not that old but I got scammed by the Haunter bitch in Snowpoint city
>>
I've got a lot. Like,a lot. I struggled a lot with videogames as a kid, not sure why I ever liked them early on considering all of the time wasting shit I did.

Here's some I can remember for sure doing in Pokemon:

> Trainer uses a cool pokemon, automatically assume it's just in the nearby grass and spend hours if not days looking around for it. Found a trainer using a squirtle and assumed I could fish for it nearby.

>Didn't know about stone evolutions at all. Trained a Pikachu, yes, a Pikachu to level 50 something trying to evolve it.

>My first time beating Gold as a kid, I had a level 32 pidgeotto that only used Fly (had other moves but none were as cool), a Feraligatr that only used Surf and Strength (In GSC, Strength looks like you are hurling a gigantic boulder so I figured it was one of the strongest attacks in the game), and a massively overleveled Ho-oh that was exclusively used once I had found it, since the rest of my team was shit.

>Won most of my battles using hyper potions + revives over and over and over again until the NPCs actually ran out of PP and began to struggle to death

>Gen 4 comes out and I haven't played Pokemon in a while. Try it out, learn about competitive battling and want to try it for myself, use a team of my "best" Pokemon: Blastoise, transferred from my Leaf Green, Venusaur (same story), Charizard (same story), Infernape, Staraptor and of course Lucario. Got destroyed by anyone I could challenge since they knew what EVs/natures/ type matchups were.

I'm better at Pokemon now, but I was complete and utter shit at it for several years.
>>
> 5 years old, Pokemon Silver, first videogame if not counting PC
Took me a day to realise how to get outside of house (going through that red mark lol). Chose Chikorita
Got beaten once by first leader, got beaten like 6 or 7 times by second leader.
Didn't know how to cut that tree in the illex forest, so by the time I got the HM, my Meganium was at level 36.

In Emerald, I lost Latios while trying to clone it.
>>
>>22440284
>What are some stupid things that you did when you played as a kid?

I played 1st gen.
>>
>>22444798
> traduction
KEk
Se dice translation
>>
>>22455387
To this day I still haven't seen a Mozart.
>>
>first play-through of Pokemon Blue, I was like 7 or 8
>did what most kids did and overlevelled my starter
>beat elite 4 and head to Cerulean Cave
>don't believe my friend when he says the masterball will catch Mewtwo no problem
>decide I should damage it first just in case
>Venusaur used solar beam
>Mewtwo fainted

I still don't know why I didn't trust the masterball.
>>
The trash cans in Lt. Surge's gym in red caused me to search trash cans I came across afterwards. Finding what I think was a great ball in the second trash can on the st. Anne's cafeteria further promoted my trash can checking habit. I've checked every trash can in every game up until black/white where I finally realized they aren't hiding things in them anymore.
>>
>>22454714
This isn't true??
>>
>>22455914
i feel ya
>>
>>22456599
Special is for both Special Attack and Special Defense. Defense only effected Attack.
>>
Got stuck in Mount Moon on my first because I didn't know that I was supposed to click on one of the fossils. I had a Charizard by the time I finally figured it out.
>>
>>22443306
...no mames el juego tampoco es tal complicado ya como último lo juegas con un diccionario ingles español al lado-------------------------------635562497292605057
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="recaptcha_challenge_field"

03AHJ_Vutf2IfV4TeU1ZVw59CtVNbbyKcqpD6vHi4ARUA9d4vt2i8_IlWzp96CX-JsenQVzB5qLAPAL2dmm6IxLEoNS-RtPecgCsHu_85WT2ELpMQGwjv2SFU9Jr96NsyujhUAiWARGAN_PTsKgYh21z0Bii0RvMCoCP7FGldYKzHjqTxxjNyjsr2QrzioxXBzAplwgvv_9tPNYetHzzVrZVgUrRF80KXFOTtvPxisHHUETHHxlOwntAMklkcM-69I_G4LRDpz4T1CTa2zIm4CdTURsmqLEwD8cYc7kHLMNHHtjBGaHlXNrFE
>>
I thought Pokemon weaknesses were based on the individual Pokemon, not their type. I thought Poliwag wasn't weak to electric because I first hit it with a grass move and thought Pokemon could only have one weakness.
>>
>>22448397
>mfw I once forgot my kakuna in daycare
>mfw lvl54 kakuna
>>
>>22444484
I thought splash had a hidden effect for the longest time, the idea of a move having absolutely no purpose was absurd. I remember trying it on so many different pokemon and under several status conditions and various stat changes. Every single time the game told me it had no effect I chalked it up to not being the right conditions.
>>
>>22456795
Batten down the hatches. Captcha let a robot through.
>>
>>22456996
Oh dear...
>>
>>22456913
i feel you, my friends kept telling me "it really does nothing man", but i kept going, for months. I kept thinking i'd show them someday.
>>
>Be me
>Birthday is Jan 28
>Never had pokemon games only card and a squirtle plush
>Dad buys me Fire Red w/ wireless adapter and White GBA for my birthday
>Get to first gym and see that brock is the gym leader
>Always had the wireless adapter on my gameboy
>Thought that the wireless would update brocks team in game to match the cartoon
>Mfw i though brock had all level 100 lombre, onix, crobat, vulpix, geodude, mashstomp
>Grind a team of Squirtle, Pikachu, Mankey, Pidgey, Caterpie, Weedle to mid 80's
>Mwf I spend probably a month or so as a kid grinding to fight level 10-15 rock types
>>
File: 1420147481996.png (84KB, 372x206px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420147481996.png
84KB, 372x206px
>>22456566

I fucking did this too. I still check to this day.

Nice dubs
>>
File: 1418438875258.jpg (50KB, 599x482px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418438875258.jpg
50KB, 599x482px
>>22459258
>>
>playing ruby
>catch Pokemon with pokerus
>ignore the speech at the Pokemon center and just speed through it
>realize later that my Pokemon have some sort of virus and its spreading
>start pitching all my Pokemon that caught it thinkin it was a negative

I...you guys talk about loosing shinys but I purged mysel of pokerus. I wish I still had it.
>>
>>22459258
Dear god man. I mean, I went and was grinding my charmander to a Charisse's before entering verifiable forest but to level 80...
>>
>>22456370
MO
ZA
ART

you figure the rest out.
>>
File: Bach.jpg (43KB, 320x238px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Bach.jpg
43KB, 320x238px
>>22459722
>>
>>22441907
They could still be shiny it just probably wouldn't be shiny for the trainer because of the different trainer IDs.
>>
I was 11 when Pokemon came out and had already beaten Final Fantasy 3 so I didn't make that many mistakes.

I did believe the mew-truck thing.
>>
>>22446406
Same here
>>
>>22440384
thats kinda cute actually. Would be cool if they put irl moon functionality into the sinnoh remakes for cresselia, darkrai and their islands.
>>
>started with yellow at 7
>had no idea how to change team order
>got rekt by Brock because I kept wondering why the sprinklers wouldn't turn on so Thundershock would work
>gave up and switched to blue for squirtle (it was one of those pirate carts with tons of games)
>wondered how to make pokemon follow me
>saw the release option on a PC
>luckily I tested it on a Spearow first
>up to SS Anne
>heard rival had a Kadabra
>scared as fuck because I had a kadabra too and it wrecked everything
>levelled EVERYTHING I caught to level 25 before SS Anne, and I caught one of everything on each route
>end up oneshotting it with Wartortle's bubblebeam

>Blastoise had all-water moves
>even spent TM13 on it and gave up ice beam for Surf
>figured Pokemon should only have STAB moves, since that way I could last through long dungeons like Mt Moon better with all my pokemon having enough PP to hit what they needed (I raised varied teams, at least)
>only stopped this when I battled classmates and got my shit rekt shortly before gen 4,then I looked up Smogon

> After I started kicking everyone's shit in no one wanted to play with me anymore
>>
>>22446406
>TFW never caught a shiny
Life is pain.
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 262x193px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 262x193px
>>22440847
7 weeks, 5 days, 13 hours and 20 minutes, giving ourselves 3 hours a night to sleep.
>>
File: 1400644184887.jpg (7KB, 238x433px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400644184887.jpg
7KB, 238x433px
>>22446681
>That Rattata

I swear I saw that happen to my brother's Blue back in the day after he caught Missingno. There was one of those tiny flowers from the overworld next to its mouth, and, I shit you not, its mouth looked like it was moving.

Still bugs me to this day, mang.
>>
I wasted my first Masterball on a Tentacool
>>
When I played Yellow I had a Pikachu named 'Thunderboy'.
Its moves, at level 100:
>Thundershock
>Thunderbolt
>Thunder
>Strength
Never evolved it.
>>
>>22440393
I couldn't figure out how to proceed past slatport in ruby and leveled my blaziken to 100 before figuring it out.
>>
>>22459421
>>22456566
In gen 5, you get a medal for persistantly checking haha.

Still nothing in em.

I will check until I die. One day we will be rewarded big time, you'll see.
>>
>>22459258
Holy fuck my sides
>>
>>22445201
I know rock tunnel by heart from doing this.
>>
>>22456566
i also still do this
>nope, there's only trash here!
>>
>>22455049
I remember when Gold and Silver came out, because Lugia and Ho-Oh were featured on the box art, I figured they were 3rd stage evolutions of the starters (Similar to how Charizard and Blastoise were the version mascots) I remember choosing Chikorita because I assumed it was the closest resembling Lugia and furiously battling through sprout tower and desperately losing twice against Bugsy and Falkner respectively.

I think I finally clocked by the time it evolved into Bayleef that I was getting no Lugia out of this shit. Restarted game and chose Cyndaquil, never looked back.
>>
>>22446350
,>why the games have gotten easier

I come to these threads all the time to kek, but I never did any of this shit. It's surreal.
>>
>>22449716
>yellow
>>
>>22446817
You know what's worse than being a retarded kid who gets fleeced like that? Having a dumbass younger sibling who steals your shit and does it FOR you.

I'm convinced that my fucktarded younger brother sold or traded my pokewalker.
>>
>>22460825
Missingno. wouldn't cause that, but some of the other glitchmons very well could.
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 39


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.