[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Platinum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

So I've recently started playing Pokemon Platinum as I got into Nintendo DS (damn that library has a short list of actually good games) and my last Pokemon game being Saphire in 2002. But I somehow can't bring myself to finish it because after defeating and capturing a pokemon that is basically a god and created an entire universe and stopped it from being used to destroy the entire god damn world surfing up and defeating the fantastic 4 seems so meaningless.
Should I just power trough it? Or should I say fuck it and move on to SoulSilver? Is that any better?
>>
>>21474185
Oh what I forgot. On the plus side I caught my very first shiny there and the fact that it was one of the Original 151 made me strangely happy. so there's that.
>>
>>21474185
Platinum becomes a little more fun for the content later on. Same with Black 2.
Soul Silver is good for nostalgia, minus a few changes to the story. It's kind of like Crystal with a new elements and having pokemon follow you like in yellow.
If your in it for story, play Black or White. If your in it for content and post game, I'd recommend Black 2 and White 2. Playing both is fun too, if you really wanted to take the time to.

The DS itself has decent games, you just have to look. I'd recommend the Ace Attorney series, which you could also get if you have an Iphone.
>>
>>21474238
if you say platinum gets better how far in? Because right now my next objectiv is going up victory road. Anything after that?

As for the Other games yeah I found some decent ones. Like you said the ace attourney games really well redone in my opinion, some super mario games, The World ends with you, 999 and ghost trick. But after that it becomes relatively thin I must say and a lot of the good games seem to be remades or ports of older games too.
>>
>>21474281
I'd say just for the content it gets better. Like there's usually something to do. If you're expecting the story to get any better, it won't. You have a short post game and the Battle Frontier but that's about it.

Move to Soul Silver if you want nostalgia, Black/White if you want story, and Black 2/White 2 if you want a shit load of content and things to do for a while.

Try out Okami-den too. It's not as good as the Original on the PS2, but it's still one of the best DS games out there. Rhythm Haven is decent too, just a little annoying to play at times. Wario Ware Touched is fun as well. Professor Layton is a good series too. Interesting puzzle elements and sort of has an ace attorney feel at times. If you want to take the times to get into the Dragon Quest series, I'd recommend IV, V and VI. Especially V. The others are just alright.
>>
>>21474185
As for good games for DS, Fire Emblem is a good one.
And yeah, I'd say just power through the Elite 4. What's your team, anon?
>>
>>21474185
Ok first off, Giratina didn't make the world, he was banished to the Distortion World by the real creator of the universe, Arceus (who is currently unobtainable).
And honestly, why not beat the Fantastic Four? You're basically there already.
>>
>>21474498
My Team is literally one Empoleon so far. The other ones are just used for their moves. I think in the Anime/Manga I would be one of those horrible bad guys who doesn't form "true friendship" with his pokemons and uses them as tools
>>
>>21474542
This

>>21474574
If you beat the game anon, you can send over your Empoleon and legendaires over to the next game.

No wonder it's no fun for you, you're just using your started and just mashing through the whole game, silly. I pretty much just used Emploen and Staraptor the whole game my first playthrough, my whole team being weak to Electric moves didn't matter when I was 20 levels above everything lol
>>
>>21474630
>>21474542
Didn't they say he was the god of that world? And even then I just adverted basically the end of the world and then have to go beat the elite 4.
That's a bit like stopping global nuclear war in the last second and then being asked to enter a hot dog eating contest.
>>
>>21474663
Yeah, he created the Distortion World, but not the real world.

Eh, most Pokemon games are like that anyways.
>>
>>21474663
> And even then I just adverted basically the end of the world
No, you didn't. Giratina did that for you when the Team Galactic dude tried to get both Palkia and Dialga. Giratina then showed up and sucked both you and Cyrus got sucked. Then you defeated him there just to prove you can defeat him anywhere and then he left. That's it.
You didn't really advert the end of the world. You saved it from a bad guy, though, but you do that in every sinlge other Pokemon game.
>>
>>21474799
Where is Cyrus now? Still in the Distortion World, making dirt snowmen and ranting to them about emotions?
>>
>>21474883
No, he comes out somewhere else and gives up.
>>
Finish the game, OP. Although Hoenn is my favorite, Sinnoh has some nice memories. You have no reason to drop the game if you've made it this far, it's like watching One Piece through all it's episodes and then just dropping the series 10 episodes before its finale.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.