[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: SMOG.jpg (21KB, 615x284px) Image search: [Google]
SMOG.jpg
21KB, 615x284px
Is...
Is this real life?
>>
>>20618274
No.
>>
>noko
>>
br8 b8 m8
>>
>>20618274
>>20618274
Fake or not.
I wouldn't be surprised since smogonfags are so shit at the game anyway.
>>
Smogon is fucking pathetic
>>
File: ^) maximum.gif (845KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
^) maximum.gif
845KB, 300x300px
>>20618274
Great maymays, sir
>>
>Is this real life?
is this just fantasy?
>>
>>20618274
This is fake people move along
>>
>>20618292
I'd call foul on something as near-worthless as Pachirisu, but some did get me with an april fool that they'd banned all moves with an accuracy below 90%.
>>
I think a better question is if OP is trying to make Smogon look like idiots by faking something from their twitter or trying to make /vp/ look like idiots by posting a painfully obvious fake and watching them fall for it.
>>
>>20618292
what's it like to be a big fag
>>
dude nice
>>
>>20618292
>implying smogon wouldn't dominate VGC if their best players focused on that instead of OU
>>
>>20618274
who even pays attention to these guys anymore?
>>
>>20618435
Smogonfags would get destroyed by the average VGC player considering OU is an outdated format for shitters.
>>
>>20618436
A solid chunk of the western fanbase who plays competitively. Hate them all you want, but Smogon's been the biggest competitive Pokemon website for ten years; you're delusional if you think they're irrelevant.
>>
>>20618447
pokeaim played VGC for like 2 weeks and beat cybertron in two bo3 series and the dude is one of the most successful VGC players, smogonfags have no problem getting good at any rules they want
>>
>>20618506
>biggest competitive Pokemon website
>website
Yes I agree. They're fags.
>>
>>20618292
As if you'd ever get above 1100 ELO.
>>
Jeudy pls go
>>
>>20618514
This, smogon gets too much hate and it's mostly from scrubs imo
>>
>>20618531
I made it to 1650 then quit because doubles is a more balanced format.
>>
>>20618570
>1650
that's shit
>>
File: OMG.jpg (40KB, 520x306px) Image search: [Google]
OMG.jpg
40KB, 520x306px
>>
>>20618685
>pachirisu capable of winning in singles
nope.avi
>>
I came to VGC from Smogon Ou, and I can without a doubt say that each community is filled with adults acting like kids. Other than that I personally find the competitiveness from the VGC format to be more fufilling,and alot more supported than OU. That's not to say OU is inferior as a format. OU or any other singles format does have a bigger playerbase on and off simulators. I just don't find a format without premier events to be fun, or fufilling. Call it elitsm, call it anything you want, but I also find singles to be lacking in the critical thinking department. This of course came to mind when I made the switch. Pretty much Singles are fun and competitive(to a certain degree), and VGC is fun,competitive, and it adds a sort of fufillment that I get from also playing Yugioh, and MTG at a competitive level. Bad rant over.
>>
>>20618706
>playing singles
>>
>>20618923
Doubles discourages more variety than singles you tried tho
>>
>>20618514
>smogonfags have no problem getting good at any rules they want

Then why they force "m-muh house rules" to the entire community instead?
>>
File: 1405485381727.png (160KB, 392x404px) Image search: [Google]
1405485381727.png
160KB, 392x404px
>>20618685
>don't use tiers anymore

The whole point of tiers is to have a chance to use Pokemon that aren't viable in OU. You can still use those same Pokemon in OU, they just won't be as good most of the time.
>>
>>20618506
>Smogon's been the biggest competitive Pokemon website for ten years
>calling other people delusional
>>
>>20618984
They... don't?
>>20618999
Trips speaks truth.
>>
>>20618984
They, uh, don't. Basically everyone enforces commonsense shit like Sleep Clause which is just antifun, but there are no Smogon ninjas coming to kill you for using Mega Blaziken on cartridge.
>>
>>20618984
No one plays Smogon rules off Showdown unless they're a scrub.
>>
>>20618984
They don't, you are just too stupid to distinguish a concerted effort by an organized group from some random guy wanting to play an OU game on cart.
>>
>>20619003
Care to point out a bigger competitive website?
>>
>>20618923
>he doesn't enjoy casual singles
>>
>>20618923
Any format that isn't singles is a gimmick format. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>20618531
lol does /vp/ actually have a hard time getting up to 1100? I mean I can understand having a hard time getting up to 1500, I usually stay stagnant at 1600, but holy fuck.

Seriously if niggers here can't even do that well then you need to get good without your mega lucario gengar or mom
>>
File: 489Phione.png (59KB, 312x223px) Image search: [Google]
489Phione.png
59KB, 312x223px
Why do VGC players still think they matter?
>>
>>20619176
Gee, I don't know. The world would be a happier place to live in if people stopped complaining about something they don't use and/or care about.
>>
>>20619613
The book was better.
>>
>>20619100
That's not the point, but the time span is wrong. Smogon has been the "biggest competitive Pokemon website" for about 7 years.
>>
why is dubs the preferred format in Nintendo related events?
>>
>>20619686
Takes less time
>>
>>20619613
Both sides are at fault. It's quite funny actually.
>>
>>20618531
>>20619174
1100 is pretty bad.
I'm stuck at around 1600.
kinda getting burnt on OU though
was gonna get into vgc but I like going to the events for merchandise. the people in the actual vgc tournaments are awkward
>>
>>20619686
Because GameFreak a shit and designed the game around a useless format.

I wouldn't mind it if the Elite 4 or important matches in the actual games used Doubles formats, but they don't.

The biggest reason actually, is because 4v4 doubles means stall is impossible because your opponents can hit you twice and walling pokemon with type advantage alone is far more difficult when your opponent has twice as many moves. No one wants to watch a 25 minute pokemon match when they're at a major event, plus other people have to get their matches in, too.
>>
>>20618531
I support smogon's bans mostly, but wish they banned some stuff they havent yet and probably wont with ORAS so close. Though I disagree with Swagger and Aegislash bans.

Im probably 1200-1300 ELO or less, my highest rating iirc was around 1370
>>
>>20619686
I think they did one of their first tournaments in Singles, and many of the matches boiled down into Wobbuffet vs. Wobbuffet endless matches. So by the time Gen IV came around, they switched to Doubles matches (where Wobbuffet is nigh useless), and made sure Struggle out-damaged Leftovers recovery. So, really, blame stall and Wobbuffet.
>>
>>20619831
Know what would fix that? If GameFreak made a list of pokemon that are unfit for regular tournament play, especially ones that are too effecient in singles. Ones that are above the rest.
A class of Ubermenschen, or "Uber" for short. Then Wobbuffet could be classed as an Uber along with all Legendaries and Dark Void
>>
>>20619876
Meh, not just Wobbu, though. Stall in general is a thing, and a single match can take hours to finish, even if both players keep it going until the end. It takes too long and is kinda boring.

Also, what if I told you that Wobbuffet was in Smogon Ubers in Gens III and IV?
>>
>>20619917
The big reason in gen 3 is if it was Wobb vs Wobb the game would never end.
>>
>>20619917
The point was that tiers are a way to bend and fix the metagame, and banning things allows tPCi to control who uses what in tournaments, but you have a point that you cant ban Stall in general.

Still, I wouldn't be opposed to built-in Doubles matches that actually matter
>>
triples is lame
rotation is kinda neat
inverse is cool but short lived
dubs inverse is the true goat format
singles a shit if stall
>>
>>20619939
True, and I think it was like that in fourth gen as well, until Struggle got a huge boost in recoil for the user.

>>20619957
Yeah, that's a good point. Then again, I've heard a decent amount of bitching about how, in gen three, "Game Freak's obviously so damn proud of their new mode; they put in double battles /everywhere/!" so it's kinda hard to please people in general.
>>
>>20620059
>double battles everywhere

A few trainers here and there, many of which (namely, two trainers with Skill Swap and slakings at the end of Victory Road) are entirely avoidable if you dont just walk in front of them like a dumbass, and pretty much the rest are a gym leader - still the only Doubles Gym ever - or Team Aqua grunts which were complete trash anyway.

Waiting on ORAS to see how Horde trainer battles turn out besides fat stacks of cash and exp, and if they'll have more double/triple battles now.
A double battle with the Champion would be absurd, but it would also be rather helpful against shit like Mega Metagross
>>
>>20618274
>Don't use smogon rules
>"lol git gud faggot"
>Use smogon rules
>"wow what a fucking retarded try-hard"

You're both annoying.
>>
I fought through my depression with Pokemon Showdown

I have nothing but respect for Smogon and their community
>>
Smogon can suck a cock
>>
>>20618999
BUT ANON, IF YOU APPLY ENOUGH YOU CAN WIN. LOOK AT THE CHAMPION WINNING WITH PACHIRISU. XDDDD
>>
>>20618570
>because doubles is a more balanced format.
Sure is fun and balanced with Kanghaskhan on 40% of the teams
>>
>>20618348
caught in a landslide
>>
>>20619686
Because dubs are less time consuming and in singles you risk having some fag using FunBro and spend literally hours stalling to death
>>
>>20620356
I'd say the anti-smogon faggots are more annoying, because they keep fucking making these shitty threads. We get it, you don't fucking like Smogon, go back to sucking VGC's dick and shut the fuck up already.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.