[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people often say users come "from" places? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: hmm.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Why do people often say users come "from" places? How does one come from a particular website? Is it not commonplace to use a variety of different websites at once for different and/or sometimes even the same purposes just to be able to communicate with different individuals?

For example, if you come here and only here, why? Why do you limit yourself to 4chan? If you only go to other places and just take visits here, why do you just visit or choose whatever this website is as your primary place of visit.

I don't understand it. Its so easy to consume vast stores of information on the internet; going to only one website would be boring since you'd go through all interesting information there and still wind up with free time.
>>
>>65506
Ancient tribal instinct.
>>
Keeping site culture separate makes each site unique and interesting. No one wants every site to look and act the exact same, because then it would get boring after a while and people who didn't fit in with the culture wouldn't have anywhere to go.

>Why do people often say users come "from" places? How does one come from a particular website?
In my mind, being "from" a website is having used a website regularly before coming to this one, and bringing culture from that site over. It's just like being "from Poland" or whatever.
>>
>>65508
Well of course people don't want every website to be the same, but that's really what I was getting at. Or rather, to say, is it not standard practice to visit various different websites on a regular basis precisely because they're different and unique in their own ways?
>>
>>65509
>Or rather, to say, is it not standard practice to visit various different websites on a regular basis precisely because they're different and unique in their own ways?
Sure it is, but unless you are bringing over a meme or something from another website, no one will ever call you out on being "from" there in the first place.
>>
>>65506
I don't have an opinion on this
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.