[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of these companies scares you the most?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1499195191546.jpg (68KB, 510x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499195191546.jpg
68KB, 510x300px
Which of these companies scares you the most?
>>
>>64452
Kikebook.

Amazon, Netflix, and Google at least provide good services. Facebook does nothing other than selling your data in exchange for being able to share dank memes with friends and family.
>>
>>64452
Google. They are fucking EVERYWHERE and basically have power over/own the entire fucking internet. If I ever get my hands on this site, first thing I'm doing is changing the captcha and adding a robots.txt.
>>
>>64452
Google. Facebook are worse but you can easily avoid them but like >>64479 said Google is everywhere.
>>
you posted this on pol like yesterday
>>
>>64489
netflix makes original programming, released an amy shumer special that was so bad they changed the entire way movies were rated
>>
>>64607
It's a meme all over 4chan at the mo.
>>
>>64452
facebook
>>
>>64609
your a meme
>>
>>64612
My a meme what?
>>
>>64452
i mean google is making an AI that will end human consciousness.
>>
>>64614
That should be celebrated, not feared. If /pol/ is any indication, the human consciousness is in long need of being put to an end.
>>
>>64683
i never thought about it that way, but i'm comfortable with that if i can die before it happens
>>
>>64609
You don't even know what a meme is.
>>
>>64713
You're a meme.
>>
>>64716
my a meme what?
>>
>>64850
This. The edgy irony of supporting an unqualified idiot has given way to full fledged denial of reality in favor of positive feedback soundingboards.
>>
so gurgle is clearly the baddiest
>>
>>64850
I think it's a necessity. You finally give them a platform and they are shown to be completely incoherent and idiotic.
>>
Greatest to least: Google, facebook, amazon, netflix
>>
>>64868
yeah but the media just laps it up and treats it as if things are normal.
>>
>>64452
Google.

it's bank of personal information on everyone is constantly growing and they're constantly researching stuff trying to make every day life more reliant on their patented technology (self driving cars, wearable tech with cameras etc.).

Facebook second for similar reasons. Amazon and Netflix also disregard privacy but I'm not reliant on those services, I don't have a Netflix account.
>>
Google and Uber are the real ones to fear. In the future when nobody owns their own car they'll be putted around in these desensitized self driving pods that make you pay for the service by constantly bombarding you with propaganda and advertisements. You won't have windows, you'll have screens to look at. And these companies will know everywhere you go at any point in the day because no doubt you'll need a Google account to use this. This is just more private information that Google gets to sell onto whoever bids the highest.

All for the sake of convenience.
>>
>>64452
Jeff Bezos scares me
>>
>>65031
>Amazon and Netflix also disregard privacy but I'm not reliant on those services, I don't have a Netflix account.

How does Netflix disregard your privacy? They're a damn movie streaming service. Lord forbids someone finds out you watch Orange is the New Black.

Meanwhile Facebook knows what your face looks like (literally, they have the tech to recognize you in pictures, it's frighteningly accurate) and Google knows your whole search history. Way worse.
>>
What a lot of people don't realize is that Amazon strikes out as many times as it hits home. Remember when they made a phone?
>>
>>65092
>Remember when they made a phone?

It was always a bad idea.. even worse by calling it a "Fire Phone". Their Fire tablets are fine since they're just tablets, but nobody wants a damn Amazon phone.
>>
>>65093
No one thought that having an iPod with phone features would take off like they have but they revolutionized not just phones but tech and the internet landscape.
>>
>>65065
Dude is super aggressive, isn't he
>>
>>65093
I had one for a short while. I liked it but hated how I was forced to use their gimmicky head tracking cameras to unlock my phone and I couldn't replace that locker. Also hated the terrible carousel UI. No wonder it was on a fire sale. At least it came with a year of Amazon Prime.
>>
either facebook or google

facebooks facial recognition has military and civilian applications which impact privacy to a huge scale

googles AI has military application which is spooky because once in use year by year a self aware AI will be given more and more military power
>>
>>65244
Skynet?
>>
File: Arnold Coffin.jpg (61KB, 237x229px) Image search: [Google]
Arnold Coffin.jpg
61KB, 237x229px
>>65245
We are already doomed, I say!
DOOMED
>>
>>64452
4chan
>>
>>64452
Facebook. I've tried to delete my account 5 times and it "comes back" because of a "glitch". Nothing you post on there will ever go away.
>>
>>65476
>Nothing you post on there will ever go away.

I think that's the main reason why so many people (especially teens) moved to Snapchat. Snapchat seems more personal than FB. Anything you post there to your followers only last 24 hours and it tells you which people watched it, it tells you if someone took a screenshot, if someone copied your chat text, etc. These teens are aware of the repercussions of posting sensitive data online from all the cases we've seen in recent years where peoples lives have been ruined thanks to social media.

I've heard recently that less people are now sharing original content that they uploaded themselves to FB and now mostly sharing external content (memes, funny videos, etc). I think the Facebook meme will dwindle down in a few years. It'll plateau soon.
>>
>>65767
I think it's already dead, honestly. The only thing keeping it alive is stocks and ads.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.