[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/smtg/ - Shin Megami Tensei General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

>Starter guide
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10886965/smtstarterguide.png

>Tips and tricks
http://pastebin.com/qqxkrWFh

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
http://pastebin.com/fgVp423S

OST need re-up apparently

>Misc. Translations
http://pastebin.com/LHKVLNQB

>Booru
http://smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
http://pastebin.com/YppqPPjf

Last thread:>>91639857
>>
Great job, fucking retard.
>>
File: 1403426170121.png (176KB, 903x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1403426170121.png
176KB, 903x1280px
I want to fuck Mirai
>>
>>91745104
why are you mad at him
>>
My throat hurts. I think I'm dying.
>>
Does any one care about the recommended literature pastebin?

I just read Demian by Herman Hesse and I couldn't stop thinking about megaten's alignments.
It is a pretty good book as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 600x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 600x318px
Mark Danced Crazy!
>>
>>91745348
Which magatama did you consumed mate?
>>
>>91745417
Apparently the litfag section of Master and Margarita that I hated was just one chapter and it goes back to Woland shenanigans after that.
>>
Even if SMTIV didn't live up to most people's expectations and had a fair few glaring flaws, is there anything you'd want to see from it in SMTV, with or without changes?

>Demon domains
Make them optional, but keep them being repeatable and randomly generated. Spice em up a bit, too. One domain would incorporate teleport tiles into it's layout, another one would have damage floors. Proper story dungeons should be properly crafted a la SJ, of course.
>Skill inheritance selection with restrictions.
Each demon can learn spells of each type up to a certain rank. For instance, Jack Frost can learn all ranks of ice spell, most support spells but not things like Luster Candy, Samarecarm etc, mid-rank spells of other elements like single-dyne, ma-middle, phys skills and no fire skills at all.
>Retain quality of life improvements
Show items when negotiating whether to give them to a demon, notifications when you have the required items for a side quest, show escape likelihood, include some way to check what the fuck you were doing if you put the game down for ages and forgot. Maybe include some kind of suspend option instead of saving literally anywhere.
>>
>>91745654
Add more cuties. and make combat less glass cannon-y
>>
File: 1403741684920.png (306KB, 478x358px) Image search: [Google]
1403741684920.png
306KB, 478x358px
>>91745423
>Mark will never be canonically black
>>
>>91745740
>atlus whitewashed the only black character in persona portable

Wow, Atlus, really?
>>
>>91745194
Because he made a new thread the second we hit bump limiy, probably because he gets some kind of satisfaction out of being OP and because you are too stupid to use the shift key and even a question mark.
>>
>>91745654
>include some way to check what the fuck you were doing if you put the game down for ages and forgot. Maybe include some kind of suspend option instead of saving literally anywhere.
I agree with everything, especially on these two points.

I think Soul Hackers dealt with those rather nicely by making the ability to save everywhere entirely optional and with ingame costs, and with the digests.

I would like them to reincorporate those functions.
>>
>>91745997
>gets butthurt that i didnt use a question mark
>starts a sentence with "because"
2nd grade english motherfucker
stupid fuck.
>>
>>91745654
If they took out smirking, reworked the stats to have VIT, reworked the difficulty and the dungeons, they could honestly keep pretty much everything else and I'd love it pretty hard.
But as far as some more specific modifications I'd enjoy, the option of using the old fusion table UI, plus more fusion search options.
Also
>Each demon can learn spells of each type up to a certain rank. For instance, Jack Frost can learn all ranks of ice spell, most support spells but not things like Luster Candy, Samarecarm etc, mid-rank spells of other elements like single-dyne, ma-middle, phys skills and no fire skills at all.
This idea always comes up in my mind as the best balance I can think of between free inheritance choice and not allowing easy beasts that destroy everything, but sadly it does so by adding a new layer of complexity for the developers to balance and by completely restricting even the possibility of players creating stupidly broken demons as they wish. A lot of people enjoy picking their favorite low level demon and working it up to a unstoppable death machine by complicated fusion trees, and I think that should be allowed. It's just hard to find a way to keep that possible while selecting skill inheritances and not make it too easy for regular players on a regular playthrough.
And also, limiting, like your example of fire skills on Jack Frost, the ability of certain demons getting certain types of skills really cuts down on the flexibility of the fusion system, which is honestly one of the best factors it has.
>>
>>91746240
Also, he misspelled limit. Practice what you preach.
>>
>>91745654
>Each demon can learn spells of each type up to a certain rank.
Fuck, no. Why would you want that? If you don't want Jack Frost to learn certain skills don't fuse him with them, it shouldn't make a difference to you. With your change however the autists having fun by fusing their favourite demons into something useful for the whole game would be fucked.
If you really want to change fusion because with it you can easily break the game (nobody forces you to fuse the best demons though), maybe being allowed to choose only 1-3 skills while the rest gets shuffled would be a nice idea.
>>
>>91745495
I'm interested in checking out the Shakespeare's play, and Paradise Lost.

Digital Devil Story is also neatly waiting to be read on my download folder, but I really hate reading PDFs
>>
>>91745654
I'd remove whispers and include another way to get skills. Although whispering is cool and creative, it tends to make Flynn just like a super demon. And they need to change the skill inheritance system to a point-buy one or something where you can allocate skills based on an internal cost. So something weak like Bufu would be 2 points whereas Mabufudyne would be like 20. This'd allow you to customize demons but it wouldn't let you just pass all good skills constantly.
>>
>>91746240
Not a native, should've used however, thanks for correcting me. Also I think there's a huge difference between essential stuff and shit like butts at the beginning of sentences. You can still read my sentences without problems, while yours are challenging the reader through deliberate sabotage like leaving out question marks. The reader could think you died while writing the sentence because there's no indicator that you're done with your shitty sentence.

>>91746338
On my phine.
>>
>>91746642
I liked you better when you were just cutely asking for people to use proper grammar, ESL-kun.
>>
>>91746737
I'm by far not the only ESL here.
You got me though, you can see where asking nicely got us. I want to change this rotten world. If necessary even by force.
>>
>>91746838
well just know that when you post to say nothing other than "you're posting wrong" it makes you come across as a pedantic jerk.
>>
>>91746642
Sorry friend, I didn't think that there might be people here who don't speak English as their first language. If full punctuation makes it easier for you, then I'll use it!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.