[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started this. I've never been much of a CRPG guy, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Baldur's_Gate_box.png (206KB, 287x348px) Image search: [Google]
Baldur's_Gate_box.png
206KB, 287x348px
Just started this. I've never been much of a CRPG guy, but my god, I've been missing a lot. BG actually makes you feel like an adventurer. I have to actually prepare for shit, this is great.

CRPG Thread
>What's your favorite CRPG and why?
>What class do you usually play?
>Favorite quests and dungeons
>>
>>390015061
>TFW you take over the ogre tribe in Dragonspear and you can't forcefully take your new ogre bride
GOD DAMN IT BEAMDOG I DON'T ASK FOR MUCH ALL I WANT IS TO RAPE THIS OGRESS
>>
>>390015150
>not purging all non-humans
>>
>>390015301
To be fair Baldur's Gate is best when you're killing everyone like a proper god of murder, but sometimes you want some ogre cummies too you know? Helping the lich earlier in Dragonspear and then turning on him and killing him was a giggle.
>>
>>390015061
Favorite CRPG is Dragon Age: Origins. I like the characters and combat. It's pretty much Bioware's modern rendition of Baldur's Gate, except not as complex.

I usually play fighter classes in rpgs but have been recently getting interested in mages. Had a fun run as a mage in Badlurs Gate and am playing him in Baldur's Gate 2 now.
>>
YOU MUST GATHER YOUR PARTY BEFORE VENTURING FORTH
>>
File: fug.png (166KB, 212x330px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
166KB, 212x330px
>>390019341
You have been waylaid by enemies and must defend yourself!
>>
>>390015061
If you're like me, and played most modern RPGs that came out after Baldur's Gate before giving it a try, you might feel like the game's conclusion is a bit underwhelming
>>
>>390015061
Icewindale 2, best encounter design of any game period. Likes monks, two handed orc fighters.
>>
>>390020172
I second this guy IW2 is my most favorite of all time. I also felt that the choice of spells that are implemented while missing a lot is very good and balanced for tackling all situations and encounters it throws at you. While it lacks in the story department it makes up for the very good pacing in each chapter.

Wizard general, Cera sumat quest.
>>
>>390015061
About four to five years ago I decided to try out Icewind Dale. It took six hours for me to finish creating my party because I tried to make each party member have the name of a notable/legendary thief, paladin, wizard from a European nation. I gave them a last name denoting what town or region thet came from using the respective language(using de or du stuff like that), and if they did not have one then I used the closest geographic marker from where they were possibly born. I fucked up in that I couldn't even kill the goblins blocking the way out of town. I had to do it all over again. This time it took eight hours because I wanted to make sure I put everything down in a notepad document. Satisfied, I tried it again but I still couldn't beat the goblins. Not long after I needed to reformaty computer. I can't remember the reason, but I forgot to back up my notepad containing the information of my characters. It was because of this that I never went back to Icewind Dale.
>>
>>390015061
Is there a more fun point in the game than slaughtering all those Gnolls in the fortress despite being low leveled?
>>
>>390020829
Figuring out ways to cheese all the enemies in Durlag's Tower was pretty fun.
>>
>What's your favorite CRPG and why?
BG2 is probably the peak, but I actually really liked Pillars and it's expansions too. Does Divinity Original Sin count?

>What class do you usually play?
I tend to play a damage-dealer of the melee variation, but I also enjoy playing the front-man, the tank, the tip of the spear. The only CRPG that made a wizard playable and fun was Tyranny.

>Favorite quests and dungeons
I honest to God don't know.
>>
>>390020829
Killing Drizzt.

That one faggot taking his gear back from you in 2 is total unnecessary bullshit though.
>>
BG 2 is my favorite. But I love all IE games, Arcanum and Underrail.

I've played this genre so much that I don't really have a favored class/playstyle. The blade kit in BG2 is a lot of fun, and a Cleric/Ranger with Crom Faeyr and Flail of Ages is my go to power gaming build for that game.

Spellhold or the Windspear dungeon are probably my favorite dungeons.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.