[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo Switch Pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: nintendo switch pro.png (185KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo switch pro.png
185KB, 1280x720px
Would a Nintendo Switch Pro work out and would you buy it? The CEMU community proved that Breath of the Wild can run at 60 FPS on fairly modest hardware, so why not make a Nintendo Switch version for those who want a bit more eye candy?
>>
>>390014956
It's inevitable that Switch will get an upgrade in the next 3 years.
>>
>>390014956
There's no point whole point of the Switch is to develop for one platform going forward as soon as the 3DS isn't profitable.

Now you want Nintendo to develop for a 3rd platform one likely without the Switch's main selling point?
>>
>>390015442
It wouldn't be a 3rd platform, it would be like the New 3DS. Fully 3DS-compatible but additional resources to run games even better. They've been rumored to have a GPU-added dock in the works, which might be what we get
>>
>>390015695
>They've been rumored to have a GPU-added dock in the works, which might be what we get
SAUCE

Imagine getting these news in the Nintendo Direct
>>
>>390014956
>Breath of the Wild can run at 60 FPS on fairly modest hardware
What? I have a 4670K at 3.8GHz and it runs at 15-20 fps.
>>
>>390014956
And by "fairly modest", Anon means an i7 with each individual core running at least 5 Ghz and hooked up to a next door cooling plant.

Back on topic, though, it depends on the price and on whether or not the "Pro" would bring it to par with at least the XBOne or the vanilla PS4. That would guarantee some more AAA third-party, but would also create the ugly precedent of needing to buy a more expensive dock on top of the already $300 Switch just for parity.
>>
>>390018752
I run it at 45 FPS with an i5-7500, 4GB of RAM, and a 1050 Ti (Which could be a much cheaper graphics card since the game doesn't use much)
>>
>>390015695
>it would be like the New 3DS
Make one game that takes advantage of the hardware then give up when they realize they didn't have the install base?
>>
>>390014956
Why does everyone think there will be a "Switch Pro"? Nintendo hasn't given a shit about hardware specs in years and this isn't even consistent with their recent console upgrades
>First home console to get "upgrade" was Wii which actually removed features like GameCube controller support and backwards compatibility
>3/DS only got slimmer models and larger models
>2DS was a cheaper version of the console that hurts portability and loses 3D support which is shit anyway but it's still a subtraction
>new 3DS/XL adds a built-in right nub and the ZR/L buttons from add-on that was for the original 3DS as well as the tracking camera for 3D which are nice in theory but are shit in execution, the nub feels like garbage and the Z buttons don't feel comfortable to use where they are and don't get used for shit anyway
>>
>>390020276
>Nintendo hasn't given a shit about hardware specs in years
No, but they have given a shit about selling the same hardware multiple times to try to squeeze as many pennies out of people as possible (ie the Apple strategy).
>>
>>390020276
Forgot to mention that the new 3DS also loses backwards compatibility
>>
>>390020384
New 3ds still plays ds games stop talking out of your asshole I just played Bowser's inside story fuckface
>>
>>390019225
Many 3DS games run significantly better on n3DS.
The monster hunter games have improved visuals
Pokemon S/M actually runs at passable framerate
>>
>>390020276
This is more like a daydreaming thread BoTW in 60FPS is an awesome experience and most likely all other Switch games, like Splatoon 2, would be awesome at the same frame rate
It's more likely for the Switch to drop price than for a hardware upgrade to happen, but still there are good arguments for a Switch Pro to happen
>>
File: PCfag_desperation.png (3MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
PCfag_desperation.png
3MB, 2000x1500px
>>390014956
>The CEMU community proved that Breath of the Wild can run at 60 FPS on fairly modest hardware

lmfao!
>>
>>390020629
But I've tried to play DS games on my 3DSXL and failed. Maybe I'll try again later and see if this is true
>>
>>390021076
>before Xalphenos patch
lmfao!
>>
>>390014956
If anything, it'll be a dock with a GPU, not a whole revamp of the console.
>>
>>390021256
Uhhh.... dude those posts were just from a few days ago. Everyone knows cemu is a joke. Its okay.
>>
>>390020959
Splatoon 2 is already 60fps. The plaza is 30, but in game is 60.
>>
>>390022294
Then I can only argue worksonmymachine.png, but Ivy Bridge processors are really outdated too
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.