[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Voyeur Cams | Click for more| Home]

>Le "I hate romances" /v/ meme Can somebody explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.
Voyeur Cams

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 17

File: jc2.png (320KB, 600x316px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jc2.png
320KB, 600x316px
>Le "I hate romances" /v/ meme

Can somebody explain where this came from? Is /v/ just too underaged to have played Baldur's Gate 2 or something? Even one of the best written games, Planescape Torment, has romances. It was even handled quite decently with Alpha Protocol. I mean seriously, does /v/ have a problem with the way The Witcher handles romance?

If the first two Fallout games (my two favorite WRPGs) had romances, would they better games for it? Maybe, maybe not, but considering the quality of both games writing, it wouldn't have hurt.

So what's the deal, /v/?
>>
JUST
>>
Best romances were in MGS Peace Walker

Straight to the point, no bullshit
>>
Romances in RPG's are lame as fuck, m8. Always have been, always will be. I'm glad most CRPG developers have stopped doing them now.
>>
>>315629339
you're anger is misguided its not the romances anon it's the games being shit and focusing too much on romances.

This place is full of parrots and shitposters though.
>>
>>315629774
>I'm glad most CRPG developers have stopped doing them now.

Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Divinity Original Sin 2

Oh yeah m8 everybodies stopped doing them.

Retard
>>
>>315629339
>Le "I hate romances" /v/ meme
>Can somebody explain where this came from?
From your ADD-ridden brain, really. You're making up an issue and then arguing with yourself.
Get help, buddy.
>>
>>315629858
Of those, only Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a CRPG, you stupid faggot.

Pillars of Eternity, Age of Decadence, Shadowrun Hong Kong, all good games, all of which not having retarded romance bogging them down.

Thank god.
>>
>>315630136
>Pillars of Eternity

Trash

>Age of Decadence

Too serious for romances tbqh

>Shadowrun Hong Kong

Trash sequel compared to Shadowrun Dragonfall which had romances (btw the new Shadowrun games suck. Nice taste, fag.)
>>
>>315629858
>W3, DAI
>cRPGs
You have no idea what you're even talking about.

>BG2, PS:T
>good romances
You really have absolutely no fucking idea.
>>
>>315630281
>Pillars of Eternity
>Trash
Yeah, I'm gonna take the opinion of someone who doesn't even have any clue what CRPG's means very seriously, I assure you.
>>
>>315630465
Me: Why are you eating that garbage? There's nothing to be gained from it
You: FUCK YOU I LIKE EATING TRASH AND I LIKE FIGHTING TRASH MOBS AND GETTING NO EXP FOR IT!
>>
>>315630465

It you deepthroat Obsidian's dick anymore you'll choke yourself to death m8.
>>
I enjoyed Alistair's romance in Dragon Age.
If only because it gave me hope that someone could drop that much spaghetti and still get the puss.
>>
>>315630561
Nice memeing, brother. Here's a better analogy.

>Fuck me, I hate lasagna, it's the god damn worst french food in the world.
>Pasta isn't french
>HOLY SHIT, ARE YOU EATING BOLOGNESE? HAHAHAH LOOK AT THIS RETARD, HE'S EATING THE WORST FRENCH FOOD IN THE WORLD, HE MIGHT AS WELL BE EATING POOP THAT IS COMING STRAIGHT OUT OF MY BUTT xD
>>
>>315630561
>>
>>315630465
Pillars isn't trash but it sure isn't at the opposite end of the spectrum. I'll say that it's better than the FIRST Baldur's Gate though
>>
>>315630730
I don't know what your post has to do with anything. I like good WRPGs like Fallout, Baldur's Gate 2, Planescape Torment. You can like bad ones all you want I guess.
>>
>>315630671
Yeah, if you're hot and a literal warrior king
>>
>>315630561
>muh no trash mobs exp for me to feel good :(
>muh no romance for me to masturbate to :(
top kek, no wonder you don't like Pillars of Eternity. Stick to Dragon Age: Inqusition, m8, it sounds more like your speed :^)
>>
>>315630859
>I'll say that it's better than the FIRST Baldur's Gate though

BG1 was an experiment that put Bioware on the map

Pillars of Eternity is mediocre tripe that plays on nostalgia.
>>
They were always pointless and never meshed with the rest of the game. Would like a game where you romance someone but she turns out to be a succubus so now you spend the rest of the game dealing with that and finally beat her as the final boss. That would be a good romance.
>>
>>315630869

>Planescape Torment

Just read a book. They have better writing without the shit gameplay.
>>
>>315630921
I don't like DA:I, but I didn't like Dragon Age Origins which a lot of keks thought of as the new Baldur's Gate

Nice try though.
>>
>>315630859
I agree. I didn't mean to imply Pillars of Eternity is the greatest CRPG ever, it doesn't even hope to manage the top 5, but it is certainly excellent by today's standards.
>>
>>315630465
>muh BG2 nostalgia
>>
>>315630921
>>muh no trash mobs exp for me to feel good :(

This wouldn't have been a problem if the encounters were actually good. But the mobs were shit, even the ones that were actually supposed to be good, they literally should have just been exp, they don't even fucking respawn how the fuck are you gonna abuse the exp from that?
>>
>>315629339
Considering that writers have to focus more on other parts of the game, of course it's going to be lame.
>>
>>315631054
Today's standards on CRPG sucks desu senpai
>>
you keep making this thread and I keep telling you that romances in western games are shit because the devs don't know how to do it right.
>>
>>315630136
This is my first time hearing about Age of Decadence, worth a pirate?
>>
>>315630878
I'm one of those things.
>>
>>315630961
>plays on nostalgia

That's precisely Obsidian's intent, even back when they were kickstarting it.
>>
>>315631136
>"B-but muh murder hobos!"-Josh Sawyer

Guess what? You're still a fucking murder hobo, you just only get shit from quest givers

You know how Fallout 1/2 handled this? Minimal EXP from fights, but a ton of EXP from quests. WOW!

Sawyer is a retard and PoE fans are cu-cks
>>
This thread again?
>>
>>315631263
Oh, you're that one guy who probably posts that one copypasta about Pillars of Eternity once a day. How does it feel to know that you've made shitposting into your job, you sad piece of shit?
>>
>>315631250
I should have said "preys on", because Obsidian sold people a shitty bill of goods and acts like they did something good.
>>
File: 1416088317237.png (872KB, 471x903px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416088317237.png
872KB, 471x903px
EXPAND
DONG
>>
>>315631330
>How does it feel to know that you've made shitposting into your job

Still better than playing Pillars of Eternity with classes that don't make any conventional sense.
>>
>>315631237
I've been hearing a lot about it. Excited to try it out when I'm done finishing White March
>>
>>315631459
>when I'm done finishing White March

How do you do that when there's only Part 1?
>>
>>315631263
>"B-but muh murder hobos!"-Josh Sawyer
Then introduce a way to fucking settle trash mob encounters without violence.
>>
>>315631452
So, which poster are you on RPG Codex? Is that you, Sensuki?
>>
>>315631575
>Implying I'd post on RPGCodex

Those cu-cks actually like that game

I'm not desperate enough to pretend something bad is good.
>>
>>315631572
Trash mobs do give experience and/or armor to sell for, though.
>>
You could probably find a lot more eloquent and convincing arguments against RPG romances just fucking googling it instead of asking here.

Of course if you're making this thread because there isn't enough shitposting about WRPGs for you today, then I guess this is as good enough of an OP.
>>
>>315629339
Ah, it is you again.
>>
Why would I give a shit about romances?
Something funny happens in a RPG to my character, I'm amused.
Something scary happens to him, I'm scared(assuming the atmosphere is right).
He's introduced to a moral choice about helping some poor guy, I instinctively immerse myself into the situation and feel bad for the non-existent person.
He's put into a thrilling action sequence, my heart starts beating faster.
However, when he's introduced to a love interest, I don't feel anything for the girl, so I'm just playing pretend at that point.

Though I suppose it's all in the quality of the writing, but making someone feel bad for a virtual peasant is harder than making someone fall in love with a nonexistent woman waifufags are mentally ill and don't count
>>
>>315631650
So why are you evading the wordfilter? That word really important to you?
>>
>>315630465
> game entirely riding on BG2 nostalgia, but fails to deliver a similar experience
> poor story
> mediocre combat
> companions are hit and miss
> Josh "no fun allowed" Sawyer removing all fun from the gameplay patch after patch

Yeah nah, you're a cunt.
>>
>>315631650

>it's more important to use a buzzword everyone already knows you're using because of wordfilters than to not look like a twelve year old dickhead

Come on, man.
>>
>>315631721
whoops I meant it's harder to make someone fall in love with a virtual woman than feel bad for a virtual peasant

much harder
>>
I don't want relationships irl so why would I want them shoehorned into my games?
>>
File: 1424713994559.jpg (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424713994559.jpg
13KB, 256x256px
Say, OP, what do you get out of posting this and the Pillars of Eternity copypasta? You have some sort of masochism fetish or something? Because it seems like everyone thinks you're a giant autistic retard.
>>
File: Vizzini.jpg (17KB, 300x233px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Vizzini.jpg
17KB, 300x233px
>>315631963
lmao, you're sad as fuck
>>
Theres nothing that says underage virgin more than a virtual romance you play out yourself.
>>
>>315631661
>Trash mobs do give experience
It's actually filling up your bestiary that gives you experience
>armor to sell for
Now this one thinking I can't get behind of, apparently J.Sawyer thinks murder hobos are stupid but think it's perfectly fine to be a loot whore?
>>
>>315630281
>too serious for romance
how about SERIOUS ROMANCE cislord? Getting backstabbed so fucking much must make your relationship really rocky, which doesnt exist much in many rpgs.
the game is however balanced for 1 character due to budget reason so that's probably why.
>>
Wait, kek is filtered?
>>
File: 1445275369937.gif (467KB, 357x469px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445275369937.gif
467KB, 357x469px
>>315632068
Sawyer is cool and generally correct. Sorry your fuccboi ass is pleb as fuck. I bet you like Pathfinder or D&D 5th Edition.
>>
>>315631237
It's pretty different to literally all cRPGs.
If you go the fighting route you're ONLY in the fighting route. Nothing else.
If you go the talker route, it's pretty much a point and click adventure game.
It's also pretty short, because it's meant to be played several times with different starting classes.

Currently on my second playthrough. It's definitely worth to check out the.
Lots of text, though and no voice acting, so if you mind that don't bother.
>>
>>315631836
kek, cry more dumb bitch.
Pillars story is good, the combat is great and fun (MUH WIZARDS AREN'T OVERPOWERED ANYMORE!!! THIS ISN'T FUN!!!)

I agree that companions are hit or miss, though. Which is why I only bring the good ones with me.
>>
>>315629339
I love romances in games and always have, they're a great stand-in for my shitty kissless virgin lovelife.
>>
>>315632369
combat was great and fun, then it got tedious and boring after I encountered the 5th Trash Mob in my hard playthrough.
>>
>>315630136
All of those besides Shadowrun are abysmal. PoE in particular is one of the dullest fucking games made in the last ten years, you'd have to have a congenital defect to think that piece of shit is good.
>>
>>315632524
Your mileage may vary, I suppose. The only time I thought combat was too prevalent was when I went down the fifteen level dungeon which I thought was way overkill.
>>
>RPG
>ROLEPLAYGAME
No romances = less immersion.
>>
>>315630921
I would seriously rather play DA:I for the first time than PoE. PoE is the only game I ever fucking dropped and I put a little over sixty hours into it and was at the forst with the two nymph sisters. I just realized it was terrible and stopped. And I ALWAYS finish games I pay for.
>>
>>315632601
I for one am more immersed when no one is paying attention to me
>>
>>315632558
>All of those besides Shadowrun are abysmal

The new Shadowrun games are awful though. What are you talking about? They're visual novels with shitty combat and no actual role playing.
>>
>>315632741
Stop self-inserting.
>>
>>315632601
>shitty, unimaginative, badly written and tacked on romance
>more immersion
Nah.
>>
>>315629339
Romances nowadays are just shoe horned into the game without any development and they tend to detract from the plot of the game.
>>
>>315632789
I liked them, besides the original campaign. They're not GREAT as far as depth goes but the writing is good and it's nice and shadowrun-y. Great little popcorn RPGs with a fairly rare cyberpunk aesthetic which I enjoy.
>>
>>315633140
>Can't create my own personal chaos with Lonestar police spawning over and over again before I get killed like an RPG GTA

Utter failure.
>>
File: 1435883274626.gif (3MB, 239x235px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435883274626.gif
3MB, 239x235px
>>315632369
>the combat is great and fun
Obsidiots actually believe this.

And did you even play the fucking game? Wizards are still overpowered lategame.
>>
>>315633239
That's...stupid. It'd be more suited to a shadowrun GTA mod than an actual shadowrun game.
>>
>>315632369
>Pillars story is good
You have a blood clot in your brain.
>>
>>315633342
>Never pissed off the guards in Baldur's Gate to get into long brawls with them

This is why Shadowrun is shit
>>
>>315632369
>combat is great and fun
Unless you want to play a ranger.

Or a thief.

Or a paladin.

Or a post-nerf cipher.
>>
>>315629339
>that fucking horrible photoshop work on the left

Did people find it attractive back then or do they still think it looks good? She looks like ayy lmao.
>>
Because in game romances in RPGs particularly are awfully implimented. They generally don't take any of your character into account and just amount to you picking the right speech options and giving the right gifts until they fuck you.

Additionally, NPCs don't really do enough in games for you as a player or the role you are playing to have any romantic feelings for them
>>
>>315633765
>Elves looking otherworldly

Oh gee son I wonder why
>>
>>315633538
Sounds like you just have a little bit of Downs anon. Surprised you indulge it with CRPGs .
>>
>>315633872
What the hell does that have to do with my post, faggot?

Your shitty series of games are incredibly limited as far as CRPGs go. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>315633306
>>315633419
Hipsters

>>315633637
The fuck are you talking about? Rogues are one of the best classes in the game. Motherfuckers are always dealing critical damage if you know how to play them.

Ciphers are still powerful.

Paladin's a very boring class, that is true, but it is fairly powerful now.

Agreed on rangers.
>>
>>315629339
/v/ makes exceptions for special snowflake games like Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape Torment that normies haven't touched yet.

If Fallout 4 does it though...Well, I think you know how /v/ reacts.
>>
>Main story is serious
>People getting killed
>Blood and guts
>Calling out for magic when it's floating in the air
>Develop a romantic relationship in the middle of it

Only women think up of shit like this.
>>
>>315632890
This is way older games were always better.
>>
>>315634051
I'd rather bang a monster woman than kill a monster woman tbqh

Only homos disagree
>>
>>315633809
picking speech options is taking your character into account anon
do you not know what "roleplaying" is?

you provide an integral part of the character you play, that's the basis for the whole thing
>>
>>315633870
The middle picture looks ten times better than the one on the left, which is just awful, although the misaligned eye and the crooked nose makes her look like a freak too. The only decent one is the picture on the right.
>>
>>315633957
>Your shitty series of games are incredibly limited as far as CRPGs go.
That's sort of true but not for the reasons you're implying. Trying to do GTA bullshit in CRPGs is for people that have both autism and ADD.
>>
>>315634229
>Trying to do GTA bullshit in CRPGs is for people that have both autism and ADD.

Yes, cause in Fallout 2 when you kill the guards of Vault City or steal stuff and generally go about having fun, that's bad and clearly the designers didn't want players to have fun.

They instead should have strived for Shadowrun's shitty visual novel feeling.
>>
>>315629339

I like them when they're what they should be- optional, fleshed out, integrated into the story without become obtrusive, and never the focus of the game.

BG2 did it pretty much right. And KOTOR. Star Ocean 3 did it pretty well also. Other games have met with various levels of success in the field.

The problem in more recent years is that developers have evolved, or devolved, down a few unfortunate paths:

1. Some think the romance is all players care about, and shove it down your throat with zeal and purpose while neglecting to make a good game, or even create interesting or attractive characters.

2. Some have gone down the complete opposite path, removing all romance from their games entirely, either because they think it'll detract from the rest of the game (which is a valid point of view, assuming one has only played games from category 1), and some just avoid it because they want to avoid conflict with SJWs and gamergate. Nobody can fault your game for not having a homosexual romantic option if it doesn't have a straight one either.

3. Some have gotten lazy and just throw in a canon romance that runs on rails with no player choice or interaction. JRPGs have been especially guilty of this in recent years, and even then they halfass it. To be honest, I'd rather the game leave that question unanswered if the alternative is the MC hooking up with some chick I don't really like. If there's gonna be a romance in the game, leave that decision to me, please. Or just don't include it, if you're too cheap or lazy to create options for all the characters.
>>
>>315633965
>Hipsters
Fuck off, I'm a kickstarter backer and can pull up the ks screencap and steam hours played to prove it. It sucked and that any fucking moron here liked is proof of our slipping standards just because we've been starved for CRPGs for so long. I've even caught retards saying Divinity OS's story is good if you can believe that.
>>
>>315634180
No, just what you say isn't who you are. How your character behaves, how they have made an influence on NPCs based on their actions, their physical appearance and their taste in fashion are all ignored.
>>
>>315634051
>love can't bloom on the battlefield
Take your own life.
>>
>>315634176
Banging is one thing, even soldiers have sex with prostitutes during war.
Giving flowers, going on walks on the beach, talking about your favorite Ikea furnishings and then banging all while being under the stress of combat and decision making doesn't make any damn sense.
>>
>>315629339
i fucking HATE romancing in games
its the dumbest shit that doesnt make sense

even from like a point of view on efficiency.
like aside from the fact that its unfitting in games and usually breaks up the pacing and doesnt go well with the actual game part of the game.

even all that aside.
the question is, why is it in the game?
like obviously games dont have to be realistic, people will buy what they want, so if people want romance in game then theyll make it (its just like the scum that play eroge weeb shit)

because the point is this.
if i want to sit down and play games, then ill sit down and play a game.
if i want to fap, ill go fap.

why would i want some bullshit softcore fakeass, poorly animated, poorly written "romance" in the middle of me wanting to play a game?

i dont fucking bust out my 3ds mid fap, either.

also what do i gain when my character manages to seduce another? what does it affect in the game? how does it affect my skill?

all of this shit is so meaningless,
the only people who would care for this shit are story faggots, or self insert faggots (which are the worst scum in my opinion)

so get bent and pay rent but dont pitch ya tent
>>
I don't know who or why someone is forcing this "romance in video games is automatically good" fad but this really has to stop
>>
>>315634636
>if i want to sit down and play games, then ill sit down and play a game.
>if i want to fap, ill go fap.
>If I want peanut butter I'll eat butter butter!
>If I want chocolate I'll eat chocolate!
>FUCK YOU REESES'!
>>
>>315634890
if you look for a combination of peanut butter and chocolate that complement each other, then you are smart.

if youre looking to complement videogames by adding porn, then youre an idiot who is playing inherently shit games.
>>
File: 1435529905844.gif (988KB, 294x224px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435529905844.gif
988KB, 294x224px
>>315634636

>Global Rules
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

>>315634760

There have been plenty of games made better by it, and plenty made worse. Fallout doesn't need it or make sense with it. Baldur's Gate did and would have been lessened without it. Cawadooty games don't need it and I don't want it because it would be gay as fuck, probably literally. Persona 4 would be like a root canal without anesthesia if it lacked romantic options to distract you from the terrible grind.
>>
>>315635187
>he doesnt masturbate to shitty romances in shit games
>UNDERAGE!!!!!!

how about you take a look at your shitty life and try to figure out how your opinions and taste got so rotten
>>
>>315630561
>>315631136
plenty of games have enemies that doesn't give exp in order to promote multiple playstyles. For example, Deus Ex, Vampire the Masquerade, Shadowrun, etc....
>>
https://arch.b4k.co/_/search/text/%3ELe%20%22I%20hate%20romances%22%20%2Fv%2F%20meme/

Pasta thread remember to report.
>>
>>315635475
>plenty of games have enemies that doesn't give exp in order to promote multiple playstyles. For example, Deus Ex, Vampire the Masquerade
>Deus Ex
>Vampire

Two shooters, you mean.
>>
>>315635475
Most of those games have an actual way of avoiding combat encounters like speech or stealth.

Shitternity doesn't.
>>
>>315635139
Except romance does improve games.
>>
>>315634636
Its the same reason romance is shoehorned in every movie for the masses.
>>
>>315635753
great argument,
i especially loved all the list of point you used to back your claim up.
unlike my brief shitpost, you came in here and posited essential facts.

id tell you to go fuck yourself, but youd probably say its a good game.
>>
File: 1403654753266.jpg (48KB, 497x585px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403654753266.jpg
48KB, 497x585px
I'm on a crazy adventure to slay the ancient awakened evil. I aint got no time to be going on dates

Also romance in video games is teenage girl shit. Just go watch twilight and be done with it
>>
Why is it that when it comes to bioware characters the less romanceable an npc is, the better its writing?
Goes double for party members.

Go ahead, make a list of Bioware party members, you'll see guaranteed the non-romance characters are vastly superior
>>
>>315635882
Baldur's Gate 2 without Viconia's romance would be a worse game period.

You can't make someone as cold as her say those things unless you were romantically involved with them.
>>
>>315635882
Not that guy but there's some games where the romance is alright but usually it's shameless waifu pandering.

No one hated the support system of relationship building in fire emblem until awakening because it became waifu shit
>>
>>315635882
>i especially loved all the list of point you used to back your claim up.
What? My claim was a fairly evident one, considering how much people like romance in games and how well games with romance in them tend to sell, although I'm certain you'll throw a shitfit now about how popularity doesn't equal quality and we should should all just accept the objective quality decrees of anon the sexless faggot from 4chan instead.
>>
>>315634460
One of the stupidest things ever was in BG2 the fact that one of your romance options could actually have a FUCKING BABY and still kept fighting while carrying the damn thing in her backpack.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
because most of the time you're just following a straight path of specific dialouge and maybe a sideqiest with the romancable character until they fuck you

at least alpha protocol's characters are influenced by your gameplay choices as much as what you say

>friendship with Mina Tang begins to crumble because i blasted the CIA listening post on my Asshole Thorton run
>is audibly disgusted and conflicted about it
>>
>>315636203
HUE
Who?
>>
>>315636259
Aerie
>>
>>315636210
She was a butterface anyway anon. Best girl is rapist russian chick. Well technically best girl is Sis but you don't get to romance her.
>>
>>315636329
The airhead bitch is actually the type that would do something like that so points for that at least.
>>
>>315636412
still its bloody stupid
its in ToB so basically she takes her baby along when you go fight an ascendant god of FUCKING MURDER
>>
>>315636178
It isn't indicitive of quality though. All it says is gamers mostly want to look at pretty girls and their bouncing soft sexy bits. Fucking trash.
>>
>>315629339
Well it's pretty obvious OP. We live in a culture where the most romance people get is fucking some random person on Tinder.
>>
>>315636096
Now that's just plain wrong, especially since plenty of rpgs have party members that are meant to be divisive to the party, or the party members are all distrustful or hostile to each other like a dysfunctional family.
>>
File: image.jpg (297KB, 851x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
297KB, 851x1200px
>>315636210
>go nonlethal in the listening post
>execute sis later
>tell Albatross that she left me no choice
>"so you're capable of disarming and sparing CIA agents, but not an incapacitated 19 year old mute?"

mfw i got called out on my shit
>>
>>315629339
Oh I don't hate romances as an idea, but they have a tendency to throw a wrench in the flow of the game. And very rarely are they well written.
>>
>>315636573
>It isn't indicitive of quality though. All it says is gamers mostly want to look at pretty girls and their bouncing soft sexy bits.
No, they can already to that in plenty of games without romance. They want romance. And why wouldn't they? It's _______________________________________________________fun.
>>
>>315636691
difference is BG's party members will actually come to blows over it
Would love to keep Keldorn and Viconia both happy but that shits impossible
>>
>>315629339
welcome to the world of /v/irgins.
>>
>>315636976
/v/ is the type of person to cringe when two characters kiss on screen because they can't make the emotional connection.
>>
Vidya romances are usually the most uncreative thing ever: you travel with someone for a while, listen to their sob story, tell them you think they are a decent person, then romance.

I've said this before on /v/, but I would like a game in which you start out with a wife or lover and you make actions throughout the course of the game that alter your relationship. Neglect her, abuse her. Have a tryst, she affairs as well. Be loyal and strengthen the relationship. Witcher does this a bit.
>>
>>315637101
>>315636976
projections doesn't made an argument
>>
>>315637101
That's just the tryhards. Unfortunately the reddit retards take the tryhards seriously causing the tryhard to try even harder in order to 'live up' to /v/'s reputation and it just becomes this horribly embarassing shitshow...

How's /vr/?
>>
>>315631431
Nasty ogre massacre, doesn't sound very exciting or funny
>>
>>315637101
I'm the kind of person to cringe qhen some supreme autist thinks pixels can have an emotional connection
>>
>>315637363
*don't make
>>
>>315629339
I don't hate romances per se, only when it's badly shoehorned in game for the sole purpose of claiming "mature themes" card, which usually is the case.
>>
>>315632369
The slogfest that is PoE combat is what killed it for me. Why can I set traps up before combat but not buff my party before engaging?

Also late game casters (Wizard, Druid) are definitely OP compared to other classes. Getting your level 1 spells at per encounter instead of per rest was a retarded decision, especially when lvl 1 spells for both classes are very strong 4-5x per encounter
>>
Because if I wanted a relationship I'd go outside to talk to bitches, I don't need to go after romance in a fictional setting, I can't kill dragons and use spells outside. That's really it.
>>
>>315637945
honestly the power from the casters (and heck even cypher post nerf is still among the top 3 classes) doesn't necessarily come from their per encounter abilities but rather from their 5th lv and higher spells

I mean having a druid pull a returning storm on a pack of mobs is almost guaranteed win
>>
>>315637171
>you travel with someone for a while, listen to their sob story, tell them you think they are a decent person, then romance

pretty much like IRL m8
>>
>>315629339
>le i hate romances meme

Do you just make shit up in your head?
>>
>>315634357
I agree. Unfortunately, games will never be able to approach the level of freedom in tabletop. You're limited to the choices the developer decided you could make to advance the story that they want to tell. There's very rarely going to be an option to fuck off completely from the main path. It's also hard to take social factors and things like fashion into account. For every person that wants to play a punk, there's someone that likes playing a Face/Ventrue/Talky Rogue.
>>
>>315638097
True, but you can cast 1 big spell, maybe a mid-level spell or two, then finish everything off with your infinite level 1 spells.

Granted with all the trash mobs everywhere I guess infinite level 1 spells makes sense but still its retarded in concept; you should have to manage resources.
>>
File: 1445870561197.gif (2MB, 354x277px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445870561197.gif
2MB, 354x277px
Baldur's Gate 2's dialogue was cringeworthy as fuck.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 17


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.