[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, honestly... what's more important to you: 60fps or split-screen/multiplayer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Ok, honestly... what's more important to you: 60fps or split-screen/multiplayer capability? Seems like one of the more polarizing questions in current gaming circles. Where do you stand anon?
>>
>>315626381
To me, someone who only sees their friends a few times a year, 60fps. Even when I do see them and we want to play games, we rarely touch newer stuff. Just stick to Double Dash and Perfect Dark or other fun classics.

For someone who hangs with their buddies much more often or has and plays with siblings, I can see split screen being more important.
>>
depends on the game
>>
>>315626381
I never got the chance to play split screen with anyone other than super mario kart with my dad.
So 60fps.
>>
>>315626381
>split-screen

this was fucking garbage who the fuck wants this? is this just underage hipsters trying to be cool again?
>>
Screen watching is a legitimate strategy.
>>
>>315628756
This. If it's an action game/FPS? 60FPS all the way. Platformers/Puzzle games? Eh, I can live with 30.
>>
>>315626381
They're separate issues m8.
>>
File: 1415241500841.png (167KB, 384x258px) Image search: [Google]
1415241500841.png
167KB, 384x258px
>>315626381
What about 120hz 3D split screen?
That way you get both.
>>
Couch co-op is pretty important to me since my little brother and I still like to go through console games together.
Lately I've been getting everything I'd play solo on PC though so I don't really have to settle for 30fps all that often.
>>
File: 1442061350755.gif (970KB, 160x154px) Image search: [Google]
1442061350755.gif
970KB, 160x154px
>>315626381
If you're not using split screen it will be 60 fps. With split screen the visuals are balanced around 30fps if necessary. What the fuck makes you think you have to choose one or the other? Are you one of those retards that believed 343 when they got backlash for Halo 5?
>>
>>315626381
60 fps. I fucking hate split screen.

If the choice was 60 fps or local multiplayer then local multiplayer though.
>>
>>315626381
> 60fps or split-screen/multiplayer capability?
These two things have no relation to each other.
>>315629050
Basically this.
>>
Nowadays 60fps. Lots of modern games look like shit with split screen, which got worse as more people played. It's a bit better for stuff like, say, Mario Kart, but modern hyper realistic games are so shrunk down that everything is impossible to discern.

I like local multiplayer but not if it requires split screen.
>>
60fps. I don't understand this fetish of looking at half a screen.
>>
>>315629531
I don't understand how people think having one negates the other.
>>
> 60fps or split-screen/multiplayer capability?
Both.
>>
>>315629816
It drastically reduces the performance of games. So yes, if you have to sacrifice one, sacrifice the one that splits the screen in two halves.
>>
>>315630146
businessmen have warped your mind young anon. They're completely separate issues. Almost unrelated issues even.
>>
>>315630146
see >>315629171
Split screen doesn't have an effect when YOU DON'T USE IT.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.