[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's bad but not that bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 16

File: ME3_Cover_Art.png (1MB, 763x1078px) Image search: [Google]
ME3_Cover_Art.png
1MB, 763x1078px
It's bad but not that bad
>>
It's not bad. Maybe the ending but the rest is pretty good. 2 is better overall though.
>>
>>315530518
It's pretty bad
>>
Well yeah, in the long run it could've been the worst thing ever, and the fans DID act like giant babies about it to the company.

But it's still bad.
>>
>>315530639
>>315530518

It's kind of bad.
>>
>>315530679
Still better than 3.

>still better than aids
>>
>>315530778
Elaborate
>>
It's quite good in the context of all games actually. Have you guys ever played dr muto for gameboy? You probably wouldnt say ME3 was bad if you did
>>
>>315530639
what specifically did you like about 2 that makes it better overall to you? not that i disagree with you

also did anyone here play the citadel DLC and/or extended ending?
>>
>>315530829
Gameplay is decent and fun most of the other stuff is underwhelming especially the story
>>
>>315530909
Better squad mate interactivity, more moral grey areas, better Citadel, somewhat better combat system (although Sentinel in 3 is GOAT)

Add to that the fact that a lot of your decisions in 2 don't matter in 3.
>>
>>315530957
Yeah I can understand that. Illusive Man went from being a Mr. House type figure to da ebil bad guy which sucked.
>>
>>315530518
You sure?
>>
Actually playing this right now.

>game is choppy as fuck, especially at the citadel; feels like treading oatmeal and the frame rate drop is unbearable

>each mission is basically a linear shot from start to finish with a lot of cutscenes jumbled in

>game is pretty easy and very little exploration available to the player

Other than these major flaws, I'm actually enjoying it. I'm interested to finish the trilogy and see how it all ended. I will not spend even one penny on DLC, though.
>>
File: latest.png (986KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
986KB, 1280x720px
Did you cure the genophage, /v/, or do you hate your Krogan bros that much?
>>
>>315530639
>but the rest is pretty good
>ORIGINAL CHARACTER DONUT STEEL Raiden ripoff
>sidequests that amount to nothing more than scanning a planet then talking to the NPC again
>none of your choices matter
>cast of 2 unceremoniously dumped and written out of the story to make room for Biff "I'm so generically Latino I shit tacos!" McLargehueg and Jessica cockguzzling Chobot
The entire game was garbage. That's why I hate complaints about the ending. It implies through omission that the rest of the game was fine.
>>
>>315531875
Yeah Kai Leng or whatever and Dom from Gears of War are faggots, but I liked the way some plot lines were resolved. For example, Thane and Mordin. I liked EDI and Joker's dynamic honestly.
>>
>>315531692
i haven't had any problems playing ME3 on my rig, but I never expected to. missions in ME3 are, in my mind, no more linear than the ones in ME2 (which really set the precedent that is still being used).

although i figure you mean exploration as non-linearity associated with the gameplay, i wouldn't say the game has very little exploration given how many missions and environments are available for you to play through, even if each individual section is linear.

my only real issue with the game personally is the combat, which i just don't enjoy all of that much. i also wish my wife liara would talk to me more between missions. every squadmate but her seems to have something to say at the end of every arch.

i wish aria t'loak liked me
>>
Tali was at her whiniest and most obnoxious in 3. Awful awful character. I will get rid of her ASAP on my second run.

There is exactly 1 good Quarian and that's Kal'Reegar.
>>
>>315530518
The series in its entirety was a completely joyful and fulfilling experience. It had one of the best and original storylines of the past decade and easily stands with other masterpieces such as Half-Life 2, Halo, and Resident Evil 4.

99% of those who disagree with my above statement are drones who can not think for themselves and spout out the same garbage as the rest of /v/ does to sound like an intellectual contrarian.

Publishers and devs aside, AAA games have the capacity to be amazing, Mass Effect was one of those games.
>>
>>315532204
Oh, right, I forgot camel toe robot. That was also dumb.
>>
>>315530518
At most 8/10
Least 7
It's a good time
>>
>>315531827
I cured it
>inb4 hurr all krogan are unchained and violent
Wrex and grunt were based, they only were reason enough plus mordin fulfilling his wish
>>
>>315531875
what about the gamplay
>>
>>315532609
The shift in tone and the hundred plot holes the sequel had were pretty jarring. It was a decent shooter with magic powers. That's about it.
>>
>>315533029
The sidequests are gameplay. Or rather, they're supposed to be. Beyond that, it's an even further streamlined ME2. ME1 had open levels, ME2 was a corridor shooter with occasional alternate paths, ME3 didn't even have that. It was all linear corridors all the time.
>>
>>315533193
>2015
>still using "Plotholes" as an excuse as to why Mass Effect is bad

The plotholes were hardly that bad. Name one that could actually undermine the entire plot. I'll wait.
>>
>>315533270
what are some missions in ME2 that had 'alternate paths' that significantly contrast the closest examples in ME3
>>
>>315531827
I hate how Mordin in 2 goes from "The Genophage does its job, but it's terrible the extremes they go to to try and cure it" to "IT'S EVIL I'M EVIL MUST CURE IT WITH A MIST!"

The Genophage has a purpose, because Krogans overpopulate quickly and are by far the most physically capable species. It's keeping the Krogans from having to be killed.
>>
>>315533803
Joining up with Cerberus in 2 despite them being proven to be the ones behind everything in 1, on top of them being shown to be unabashedly evil.
>>
>>315533803
>Name one that could actually undermine the entire plot.
In ME1, you find out that the mass relays and The Citadel aren't Protean technology, but they just stumbled onto it like all current sentient races, humanity included. Sovereign explains to you that the Reapers left all this stuff around on purpose, ensuring not only that all technological advancements stem from mass relay technology, but that all organic life forms that find the technology get a massive push forward technologically.

At the end of ME3, you're told that the Reapers exist to prevent the end of the universe by not allowing organic life and synthetic life to destroy each other.

So why the fuck bother leaving advanced technology around? Why not destroy the mass relays and the Citadel, so that all races are stuck in whatever the Mass Effect universe would call "pre-warp?" Instead of making the races start over from zero to prevent the death of the universe, you're allowing to skip eons of technological evolution, only making the path to destruction easier and faster.

Your turn.
>>
>>315533803
I'll do you one better, I'll give you several
>Shepard isn't turned into dust when he re-entered the planet
>Harbinger exists removing the point of Sovereign in the first place
>Council sending Shepard to hunt Geth because they still don't believe in Reapers despite the fact that Sovereign slapped their shit silly in 1
>Cerberus needing Shepard when Kai-Leng exists
>Cerberus tasking Shepard to gather a couple handful of recruits knowing nothing about what is needed to be done behind the Omega Relay

That's just on the top of my head and just about 2. Three had more but I've purposefully deleted that game from my memory.
>>
File: 1408197371065.png (64KB, 1296x560px) Image search: [Google]
1408197371065.png
64KB, 1296x560px
>>315530518
It's bad if you played the prequels and PAID ATTENTION. But you never did, did you?
>>
>>315534185
The Illusive Man brought him back from the dead, reassembled his crew, gave him a better Normandy and played him to thinking he was going after the Reapers as well by having him investigate other colonies.

tl;dr Story Driven Plot
>>
>>315530518
It's not bad after you play ME2, yeah
>>
>>315531158
>muh ME2 is so grey comment
when will this meme end?

>ME2 has a better citadel than ME3
holy shit now I know to disregard your opinion
>>
>>315534575
>Why have a hub that documents all the races that meet the criteria for Reaper extinction?

>>315534787
>The last 3 seconds of the game really ruined the story
>Sovereign didn't expect to meet much resistance
>The Council lived a very sheltered life
>Kai-Leng defeated a reaper?
>Shepard didn't already assemble a crew to exterminate a previous reaper and it wasn't called a suicide mission?
>>
>>315534034
Did you miss how the Salarians didn't account for how the krogan mentality would deal with the genophage?

If the krogan all teamed up to rebuild then the genophage population rate would be fine, but they went off to be mercs and die. In this respect the genophage overcorrected.

The Krogan without Wrex would have been on their way out anon.
>>
>>315530679
I aprove of this message
>>
>>315534882
>9
It's explained in the sanctuary quest. The Cerberus soldiers in ME3 are just indoctrinated refugees from the sanctuary which is actually just a Cerberus facility for experimenting on Reaper indoctrination. They found a way to replicate it.
>>
>>315535431
If they didn't build that hub or the relays, there'd be no need for Reaper extinction. The only reason Reaper extinction is needed is because any thread that develops is now able to effortlessly travel across the galaxy because of the relays.

This system would be like the police handing out guns to everyone, then sending in a militarized force so that everyone doesn't kill each other with guns.
>>
>>315532609
Hate the end, but love game for its great memories it gave you
>>
>>315534904
Well the plot fucking sucks and relies far too heavily on conveniences to drive it.

>You died at the begining of the game, but conveniently we had the ability to bring you back
>So that you can work with a group you know is incredibly evil because, conveniently, no one else wants to work with you
>So that you can take out a threat that, conveniently, no one else believes is happening despite all this proof
>Because, conveniently, everyone has forgotten this thing that happened
And the whole time you're just like "Yeah okay sounds good" when all this stupid fucking shit is happening.

The story sucked.
>>
>>315534034
That's why I shot him and killed Wrex later.

>waahh I can't shit out litters anymore waaah
That's what you get for trying to conquer the galaxy and acting like proto-batarians.
>>
>>315534575
>So why the fuck bother leaving advanced technology around? Why not destroy the mass relays and the Citadel
Starchild explains this. The Cycle is an experiment, hence the husks and collectors. Every cycle has weird experimentation going on so that a more permanent solution to the Synth/Orgo war can be found. Yes, even Starchild thinks the cycle is imperfect. The relays and citadel help speed up the cycles so that you can fit more in before the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>315535185
Why so butthurt? ME3 Citadel is a corridor. 1 obviously had the best one and they progressively got lazier.
>>
>>315535843
The Quarians built the Geth prior to finding a relay and were already a spacefaring civilization warring with synthetics. That right there is enough for the Reapers to go in and do their job, they only issue is that Repaers don't discriminate so they use the Citadel as a guide to what races can be wiped out, despite not deserving it.
>>
>>315534882
>>315535759
Don't forget you find out about the heavily augmented, almost husklike nature of the cerberus troops on Mars.

Actually, if you just pay attention most of these fall to the wayside.
>>
>>315535991
Best way is to just let Ashley kill Wrex in ME1 so you can save Mordin in ME3.
>>
>>315530518
Cerberus were the real heros of the franchise
>they prompted the collector search
>they were at the forefront of reaper tech research
>resurrected shepherd
>actually defended humanity's role in the universe
>alliance systems: muh cooperation, muh teamwork
>meanwhile hackett prepares a special human envoy for mass effect andromeda to look for other galaxies
>meanwhile all governments look out for themselves
>where ya ass was at when shanxi happened

Yet, some fucking how, they totally buttfucked us and made Cerberus the be all and end all antagonists. I bet you TIM was meant that way, but the entirety of Cerberus wasn't. They goofed HARD.
>>
>>315535969
Cerberus invested as much money as possible to get Shepards help in getting the Reaper's aid since he has had experience with them before. No one believed the Reaper threat outside of the Citadel because seeing is believing. And it wasn't a case of "OH YEAH SOUNDS GOOD" if you actually read what you were fucking doing you would know that Shepard fought tooth and nail for his cause.

Sounds to me like you been on /v/ too long. Just because you couldn't understand the story and piece things together by yourself, doesn't mean the story was bad.
>>
>>315536268
>the entirety of Cerberus wasn't

They were in 1. There was no indication of anything outside of them being a terrorist group with lots of money.
>>
>>315536202
>Don't forget you find out about the heavily augmented, almost husklike nature of the cerberus troops on Mars.
Well yeah they're indoctrinated refugees. That's why there's a fuckton of them all of a sudden. Same happens to Jack if you don't save her and her students. They re-purpose her as a random Cerberus mook and you must kill her.
>>
>>315531827
The Salarians were right: Krogans are literally cannon fodder. If you cure the Genophage, they're all immobile and stuck on Tuchanka. You have to transport them for the final battle since they have no active fleets. They'll lead the charge in the front lines. They're literally built for war and nothing else. Also don't forget at their height they fought the entire galaxy and almost one. Somehow, this is completely ignored and we're to forgive their primitive nature. Active Genophage, Krogans are neutered but still a force to be reckoned with; no Genophage, and how can you ensure that they don't rise again?
>>
>>315536472
I really, really hate how BW gives us this narrative of them in 2 as being suitors with controversial means but support the human race. Then in 3 it's "we're all harbingers of doom and we're totally completely corrupt and can't ensure humanity's progress". Really, really killed it senpai
>>
>>315536132
Yes, but the issue the Reapers have is that organic life would be wiped out by synthetic life galaxy-wide. If the Geth wiped out the Quarians, it would be an issue exclusive to that area of the galaxy. It wouldn't affect any other organic life because there'd be no mass relays with which to instantly travel to the rest of the galaxy.

The Reapers leaving the mass relays around is giving everyone the means to destroy themselves. Which would be fine if their goal was actually what it was as of ME1 or ME2, but they're supposed to be trying to "save" organic life.
>>
>>315536508
That's what I'm saying. I was just adding that you don't have to wait until Sanctuary and confirmation of indoctrination to know that something is off about the troops.
>>
>>315536768
See
>>315536068
>>
>>315530518
It was awful, what the fuck man
>>
man mass effect was alright
>>
>>315536545
Krogen had lots of technology and advances in science, medicine, architecture, etc. They were probably comparable to modern humans, pre-ME story/ME tech.

The difference is they had a big war that ended in nuking the planet to shit. The Krogan "bloodrage", a physiological state like human trances but more violent, was rare before the war. When it was found in an individual it was treated with drugs and therapy. Post-planet fucking that trait was selected for.

If the Krogan return to a peaceful way of life, it's possible this bloodrage will be sexually selected out of the populous.

Legion was right, it is racist to assume all species have minds that work like yours. However, it is also true that the Krogan were once a peaceful people.
>>
>>315533803
EVERYTHING Reaper-related. From their logic, their motives to cause galactic genocide hundreds of times, their powers, and so on.
>>
>>315537171
The first one was actually diamond in the rough. It's REAL fucking shame to see how it ended up. ME2 was a piece of shit from the get-go.
>>
>>315536068
>The relays and citadel help speed up the cycles so that you can fit more in before the heat death of the universe.
That doesn't make any sense as an explanation. The Reapers aren't trying to save organic life from heat death, they're trying to save them from synthetics. And the war between synthetics and organics is only exacerbated by how easy it is to travel across the galaxy. Having more cycles isn't going to stop some race from creating AI, and it's not going to stop the heat death of the universe, so why bother speeding the process up?

And come to think of it, why even bother hiding in the far reaches of space in the first place? The only reason the Reapers need the relays are to quickly get to the Citadel from Reaper space, but there's no reason for them to be hiding.
>>
>>315536468
>Cerberus invested as much money as possible to get Shepards help in getting the Reaper's aid
But what the fuck is stopping Shepard from going "Thanks for bringing me back to life, but you guys are the ones who tried to kill me before and also killed and experimented on innocent people, so no thanks I'm going to do what I did before"? Literally nothing, except, conveniently, everyone in charge has decided that the Reapers don't exist.

>No one believed the Reaper threat outside of the Citadel because seeing is believing
Including all those people on the Council who decide that the Reapers aren't a real thing after conveniently forgetting about the events of the first game.

>And it wasn't a case of "OH YEAH SOUNDS GOOD" if you actually read what you were fucking doing you would know that Shepard fought tooth and nail for his cause.
You mean like how in the beginning when Shepard goes "Cerberus is the group that killed a bunch of innocent people" and they go "No that's just a misconception" and then Shepard goes "Oh okay,"?
And then whenever someone confronts him about it, Shepard goes "No that's just a misconception"?
Cause worth fighting for.

This isn't a fucking masterpiece of complex storytelling that's difficult to understand. It's all very straightforward, very easy to understand, and very, very poorly written.
>>
so what's the big reveal saturday gonna be, /v/?
>>
File: ME.png (1MB, 963x1116px) Image search: [Google]
ME.png
1MB, 963x1116px
>>
>>315538060
>The Reapers aren't trying to save organic life from heat death
IIRC that was the original plan of the trilogy. The Mass Relays were causing the universe to decay in a much faster way than it should, and the Reapers were trying to fix it.

Now we have fucking starchild.
>>
>>315539394
>The Mass Relays were causing the universe to decay in a much faster way than it should, and the Reapers were trying to fix it.
That's an even worse plot, then. Because the solution is obvious: destroy the mass relays.
>>
>One hub world
>No real sidequests
>Levels are literally just a straight line with no branching path
>Tuchanka is good in theory but not curing the genophage is treated as an "evil" option and the Salarians commit bum squat to the war effort so you're a moron if you do it
>Geth vs. Quarians is boiled down to GETH WUZ GOOD BOIS THEY DINDU NUFFIN
>Squadmates from ME2 just stand around on the Citadel instead of joining you because they might have died
>Javik, who gives much more depth to the story (and is the only good new character) is DLC
>everything about the fucking starchild
>"Extended Cut" made the ending even worse

FUCK Mass Effect 3 and anyone who defends it.
>>
>>315537410
What tech? They live on a death planet that works against them 24/7. It's their bodies and primordial physicality that makes them unique. If they had truly made massive advances, why did a fertility virus suddenly quell their society? In the Krogan Rebellions, they literally (I mean LITERALLY) used their "limitless reinforcements" to prevent surrender because of their unorthodox birthrate. Only until the Turians deployed it, they surrendered.

So, until this point, why have they not been a successful society? Birthrate aside, what happened to their technological advances? They're literally a cannon fodder species and nothing else. It's nature that makes them formidable, not nurture.

Recap the events, this is literally what a shit-tier species they are:
>Citadel forces fighting the Rachni, ask Krogan for help because of savage birthrates
>Krogan accept and help push back Rachni, win war, they're praised
>Tuchanka overpopulated, Krogans start migrating
>No way to keep population in check, they start [forcibly] claiming everything (key word forcibly)
>Council ordered krograns to stop when they start taking over near asari systems
>krogans dindu nuffin
>krogan rebellions
>get wrecked
>muh people

Sperg of all species
>>
Decent Gameplay + Meh Graphics - Shit Story + Fun Multiplayer = 4/10 best I can do m8
>>
>>315536202
Please explain how the Citadel turned out to be the Catalyst and how that doesn't completely fuck up ME1's story. Explain how it turned everyone green and into cyborgs too.
>>
>>315539816
That's all great but you're completely wrong about when I'm talking about.

The had a great society, ruined it with war, then the Salarian uplift happened.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Codex/Aliens:_Non-Council_Races#Krogan:_Ancient_History
>>
>>315539031
pretty good
>>
>>315535759
Are you telling me that they amassed a military that could threaten the WHOLE fucking HUMAN ALLIANCE, an intergalactic force at that point, by turning refugees on one planet into husks
>>
>>315540265
>ancient history
>ancient

Literally "we wuz kings and shit" tier. Riding on the laurels of the past is the biggest cop out ever. If you can't support your present selves, you deserve zero merit.
>>
Mass Effect 1 was such a blower I don't know how anyone could possibly be disappointed in the merely average sequels.

Wouldn't you adjust your expectations accordingly?
>>
What exactly is the Mass Effect term for "pre-warp?" That is, intelligent life that may have developed technology, but is not a spacefaring technology, or has developed spacefaring technology, but not any of the mass relay technology?
>>
Mass Effect had cool lore but I never expected more of it than popcorn blockbuster narratives. Prometheus tier stuff. The ending of 3 didn't bother me. Was I supposed to expect 10 different fully rendered cutscenes when game budgets are already out of control? I get that it's not anything like ye olde bioware rpgs which i love but big budget aaa mainstream games just can't be like that.

I liked 3 more than 1, less rpg mechanics are better than shit ones that just waste time
>>
>dating sim with a few awful shootan sections: the game
The entire series is fucking terrible.

Sick and tired of kids making excuses for fucking pathetic non-game bullshit.
>>
>>315540707
the thing is, Mass Effect 3 has signs of being INCREDIBLY low budget and rushed with most of the money going towards marketing

when you can afford 6 CGI animated trailers but the game still has sprites straight out of 1990 and only two dialogue responses per conversation you know the priorities were skewed
>>
>>315540054
Just because you have the Catalyst on the Citadel doesn't automatically mean it, for example, controls the air scrubbers or toilets. It's likely the Catalyst is isolated from other systems for the same reason the Keepers keep organics separate from the functions of the Citadel. Secrecy. Organics aren't supposed to know about the Reapers until they show up in the galaxy.

>Explain how it turned everyone green and into cyborgs too.
You want me to do it or you want a canon explanation? There isn't one in canon, but I can point to canon for what I think happens.

We know for certain a few things.
1. The Crucible discharges a fuck load of energy through the relay system
2. Reapers use nano-machines to husk species
3. The Citadel is also a large processing center for organic bodies

Synthesis is being deconstructed so that Starchild has your information, the kind the Reapers get from melting people in ME2. They upload whatever that teaches them into nano-machines and they use the relay system to distribute the nano-machines everywhere.
>>
>>315540707
>I get that it's not anything like ye olde bioware rpgs which i love but big budget aaa mainstream games just can't be like that.
Dragon Age, a big budget AAA mainstream game also made by Bioware, featured static images with text giving some sense of consequence and context for the most of the choices you made in that game.

You can't fucking tell me that the budget for ME3 didn't even allow for text.
>>
>>315540478
I'm explaining how something social, their war, resulted in a genetic change that made them super violent.

So I put forth that if they become more peaceful as a society, they biological aspect of their violent natures could be selected out.
>>
>>315541128
Dragon Age i dont think was ever thought to be the cash cow like 3 was and they followed the money for inquisition. It's EA now, it's not rocket science. The deeper the RPG stuff the less normies will like it and the less bucks they spend on the next one. They have to try to pander to fanboys just enough to get money but the neckbeards will just pirate and theres no reason to give a fuck about that audience from EA's perspective. The SJW press will give every bioware a 10/10 no matter what
>>
>>315539031
but ME3 is a better TPS than ME2
You just wanted to cry about the ending again
>>
>>315531827
2 things I found bit off about the Krogan/genophage where:

>Are they mammals or reptiles because the writers seem to be in 2 minds
You can talk to EDI afterwards and you'll mention "high attrition rates" like they have frogspawn.
But then Eve starts blabbing about her stillborn.

>How does curing the genophage help?
Always seemed too little too late. Reapers have already invaded. Don't know how long Krogan take to mature but seeing as the can apparantly live for centuries they must have a slow metabolism. Turtles generally take years to decades before they are fully grown adults. Oh wait I forgot, "ayylmaos don't follow the rules".
>>
>>315539805
>renegade is evil
>extended cut made things worse
>blaming ME3 for ME2's suicide mission resulting in cameos
anon, it's time to stop posting
>>
>>315541009
I didnt really notice too much of a difference from 2 in regards to that, I guess I had already accepted that this one would be even more of a cinematic action game and let go of wanting it to be something that Bioware will never make again. Expect even more attempt to pander to normie audience and tumblrs in Mass Effect 4. I thought it was a very fun and polished game for a third person cover shooter with light rpg mechanics and still plenty of enjoyable story beats. The Leviathan DLC really should have been in that game from the beginning though.
>>
>>315539394
>IIRC that was the original plan of the trilogy
Not every idea or concept art is "the original plan"
This meme needs to die
Drew Krapshanks said himself they never fleshed it out, i.e. planned out the dark energy stuff.

Me1 and 2 have several "leads" that don't go anywhere because that's how you build sequels in TV, movies, books, and games. You might have an idea of where things go, but you rarely if ever have everything planned out when you're trying to get the budget for the first whatever.
>>
>>315541872
You want Krogan help before Wrex/Wreav asks for the genophage cure. You want to use the forces they have, since Wrex/Wreav has been rebuilding and calling the mercs back home.

The decision to go to them for help was made without considering growing more.

And also it took centuries to wipe out the Protheans when the plan actually worked for the Reapers. I think there's time to grow a Krogan.
>>
Honestly ME has a great universe and so much potential. Bioware just fucked up.
>>
>People actually think the reaper's plan to preserve organic life is somehow wrong

Look now, i agree that the ending and that little kid were fucking bollocks.

BUT. The goal of the reapers makes perfect sense. Synthetics simply lack the limitations of organics, and it can be reasonably assumed that after a certain level of technology, organics will be simply unable to compete with synthetics. What organics could do is upload themselves into machines, but then they would cease to be organics.

Reducing the technology level of the galaxy by destroying civilizations is definitely a solution a cold, calculating AI programmed to preserve organic life could arrive at.
>>
>>315534882
>first complaint shows total ignorance of the lore
stopped reading there
>>
>>315541872
>Are they mammals or reptiles because the writers seem to be in 2 minds
They're aliens. They are neither.
>>
>>315536105
>lol u mad?
anon, please

And I liked the smaller sections in ME3's Citadel because it actually felt like a huge place I had to fly all over. In ME1 it takes 30 seconds to walk from the embassies to an illegal arms deal. It also made everything look so samey.

ME2 just has an office and the tiny zakera ward.
>>
File: 00.jpg (683KB, 1024x1575px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
683KB, 1024x1575px
>>
>>315541286
Tuchanka changed them, and Tuchanka will always be the home of the Krogan people. Selective or not, it's clear what their present intentions are.
>>
>>315541872
Curing it helps the Genophage restore their pre-war birthrates, which were at unprecedented levels. It basically allows them to create a limitless amount of manpower.

They're a literally a war asset and nothing else.
>>
>>315545110
And they can change back anon, why not? Sexual selection can be a powerful force. Let the Krogan domesticate themselves.

And by "their" intentions, what you really mean is Wrex or Wreav's intentions. And while I always cure the genophage because I always save Wrex in ME1, I'd never cure it if Wreav was in charge.
>>
>>315536105
>ME3 Citadel is a corridor
You're joking right? ME2 Citadel is several circles stacked on top of each other.
>>
>people complain about how linear 2 and 3 are
>they forget that having a bunch of linear sections that have the same starting point is hardly nonlinear design
>>
>ME4 will have boring as fuck "exploration" forced into it because of open-world fags
When will this fad die
>>
>>315546354

Maybe if fallout 4 fails hard. It wont.
>>
>>315545485
Sure, that's possible. But let's use the commonality that they haven't been a non-aggressive species for a good portion of their history. Which means most female progenitors will carry bloodrage, especially Eve, who is the only fertile Krogan inter-Genophage. Now we're just speculating what the Krogan can become, versus what they already are. This is exactly what the Citadel speculated when they gave Krogans free reign and booty from the Rachni Wars. History repeating itself quite obviously.

Lastly, don't forget the Krogan are all about self-preservation. A domesticated society doesn't work in their favor. They'll use the excuse that they don't want to be stomped over again and you'll either have a very, very powerful nation that meets certain demands of the Citadel or a non-Cidatel independent power that has galaxy warring capabilities.
>>
BioWare will use the "new galaxy" excuse to make ME4 barebones, just watch. Then hit us 10,000 DLC's and a Final Cut DLC which shows that it was all a dream.
>>
>>315530518
>large as fuck blob chris priestly
>stanrey end of rine roo
>hamburgers in the helper
>star child
>kai im chinky because thats how canadians view asians leng
>bioware canada
>ea origin
>mac the hack
what a wild ride.
>>
>>315547057
>NO THEY'RE BAD NOW SO GAS THEM ALL

>Lastly, don't forget the Krogan are all about self-preservation.
Like every species anon

> A domesticated society doesn't work in their favor.
how did you go from they care about surviving to they can't be peaceful, which is what I assume you mean by domesticated society, even though that phrase makes no sense.

> They'll use the excuse that they don't want to be stomped over again
Now who is speculating on what the krogan can be?

not curing the genophage is genocide and curing it is giving them another chance
like i said me giving them chance depends on their leader at the time
culture is one of the most powerful forces in changes behavior
>>
File: 1435798450926.jpg (29KB, 518x467px) Image search: [Google]
1435798450926.jpg
29KB, 518x467px
>>315531692

>game is choppy as fuck

Jesus christ nigga, what potato are you running it on? My PC is sub par (Can only run Dragon Age Inquisition on Low settings to keep it above 45 fps) and I can run it on max settings on 60 fps and thats with firefox in the background.

Dont blame the game for your PC, The rest i kinda agree.

Play on Insanity or not at all
>>
>>315534787

Kai-Leng was not a Leader, He was an assassin, Cerberus needed a good leader, thats why they brought back shepard,

Kai-Leng is a sperg anyway. He couldnt get people to trust him if his life depended on it
>>
>>315537776

To be fair that was because of Drew having that all decided then he left during Mass Effect 3 so then the motives were rewritten by Mac Walters
>>
>>315541751
That has fuck all to do with what I said.
>>315541763
I mostly wanted to cry about how ME2 and ME3 weren't Star Trek.
>>
File: BANES.jpg (303KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
BANES.jpg
303KB, 1680x1050px
TELL ME ABOUT BANES

WHY DOES HE WANT THE COUNCIL!?
>>
File: 1435799468602.jpg (27KB, 638x693px) Image search: [Google]
1435799468602.jpg
27KB, 638x693px
BEST CLASS THROUGH THE WHOLE TRILOGY

GO
>>
>>315530518
>implying its bad
ending was ayylmao, game was fine
>>
>>315530518
It's not even bad. Dare I say fun?

It just didn't feel like a ME game, much less a proper conclussion.
>>
>>315551015
VANGUARD
A
N
G
U
A
R
D
>>
>>315548354
I'm playing it on PS3.

I got it extremely cheap for the console and it's been on my backlog for a while; I wasn't going to re-purchase it for now.
>>
File: 1336083935567.gif (2MB, 384x192px) Image search: [Google]
1336083935567.gif
2MB, 384x192px
>>315530518
The multiplayer was the only good part.

The Mars track too.
>>
File: 1446492547898.jpg (97KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1446492547898.jpg
97KB, 540x540px
>>315530518
It certainly wasn't good.
>>
>>315551015
infiltrator boys
>>
File: 1285354699724.png (152KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1285354699724.png
152KB, 900x1200px
>>315551434
>>
>>315551015
Adep--

>ME2

Oh.
>>
>>315540707
>I liked 3 more than 1, less rpg mechanics are better than shit ones that just waste time

know what's even better? refining mechanics.

mass effect 2 opted to cut out features instead of improving on their poor execution in the first game, thats why it failed as a sequel.

mako is clunky as fuck to control? cut it out
planet exploration is too copy and pasted? cut it out
not the best inventory system? cut it out

the sidequests were pretty cool though, felt way more important to do each one, thats pretty much the only reason i liked it.
>>
File: 1285600451223.jpg (225KB, 344x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1285600451223.jpg
225KB, 344x1077px
RIP ;-;
>>
HAHA SHEPHERD I SNUCK INTO YOUR APARTMENT AND ATE YOUR CEREAL
>>
Is ME2 DLC worth playing? How long is it?
>>
>>315553106
Shadowbroker DLC is pretty damn good and decent length
>>
>>315553106

Its all really good, the only weakest one that i would consider the weakest is probably Kasumi's but its still pretty good.
>>
Who's ready for more gay aliens in ME4?
>>
>>315543294
Explain.
>>
>>315554720

Whats wrong with Gay Aliens? Come on man its 2015
>>
>>315555074
So the premise is ME2 shows that all the reapers look different, right? Like that's the anon's problem?

Well how come Harbinger looks just like Sovereign then?
It's a bad case of selective memory.
>>
>>315530518
It's okay as a game in its own right. As a part of the series, though, it's a huge betrayal to anyone who really cared about the nuances of the story and lore for the first to games.

Also, as much as people hate the ending because of how unsatisfying it is, it's even worse if you caught any of the dark energy foreshadowing in the other games and realise that they abandoned that whole story arc in favour of literal deus ex machina.

I would hope that Andromeda could make up for it, but considering how much Inquisition decided to cut corners and disregard lore, I just can't be optimistic about Bioware anymore, now that they're so closely tied to EA.
>>
File: 1432533690182.gif (914KB, 352x145px) Image search: [Google]
1432533690182.gif
914KB, 352x145px
>>315530518
post yfw you still play that multiplayer because its so good
>>
>>315552676
Man, ME2 really sucked for biotics.
>Hey, let's take the most fun skills in the game, make them shit and then make them not work against 90% of enemies!
>>
>>315556764
Your logic is fucking retarded. That's like saying that you can't have black sheep because you've seen two sheep and they were both white. The fact that Harbinger and Sovereign look the same just means they came from the same species, it doesn't mean that other species don't exist (which they do, as established by the ending of ME2).
>>
File: all those unique designs, huh.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
all those unique designs, huh.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>315557213
Oh deer sweet anon, how stupid are you?
When does any Mass Effect lore state more than one reaper comes from a species? It does however show that it takes a bunch of colonies plus Earth to make one Reaper.

Having two reapers per species goes against them each being a monument to a species containing all their cultural knowledge.

>(which they do, as established by the ending of ME2).
Funny thing you mention that
There's what, 4 or 5 types of reapers there?
Guess how many are accounted for by ME3.
>processor
>troop transport
>destroyers
>capital ships in the sovereign shape

They didn't make it into the battle cutscenes, but the other ships aren't totally absent
http://i45.tinypic.com/24627ep.jpg
>>
>>315539031
The red and the blue need to be swapped.
>>
>>315530518
Pretty much.
As shit as the story is, the gameplay is fucking solid for a third person shooter. I loved the absolute hell out of the MP.
>>
>>315530518
It killed my waifu.

Words cannot express how much I fucking hate that game.
>>
>>315532609
Dat Clint Mansell score for ME3.
>>
>>315558683

Who was your Waifu anon? Share it with us
>>
File: Still mad.png (515KB, 880x699px) Image search: [Google]
Still mad.png
515KB, 880x699px
Obligitory image

And honestly, yeah the game was pretty bad

The combat was really enjoyable and polished, and the multiplayer was fun for awhile but that's pretty much all the game has going for it

It fails on almost every storytelling level (introducing an unexplained ex machina far too late in the series, switching tracks from themes of 'defiance and hope in the face of impossible odds' and 'if you are honest with yourself there is always a 3rd option' to 'robots vs organics hyuk hyuk hyuk', as well as failing to get the player invested in just about any character that they weren't already attached to from a previous game in the franchise) as well as the 'choice' system that is the entire gimmick of the series (the idea that choices from a previous game will influence your playthrough in unexpected ways down the line) ends up being completely laughable and amatuer, if you don't want the ending as an example look at the Rachni choice.
>>
>>315558268
>When does any Mass Effect lore state more than one reaper comes from a species?
It's heavily implied by the fact that a human reaper is created.

>Having two reapers per species goes against them each being a monument to a species containing all their cultural knowledge.
For someone demanding things that are quoted directly in the lore, you seem very happy to pull random shit out of your arse. Where the hell is it stated (or even implied) that each reaper is supposed to be a monument to the species?

So, of the four types you listed:
>>processor
"Like the Troop Transports, Processors lack sentience and are controlled remotely by the actual Reapers." (wiki) So they're not actual ships at all like in the screenshot, they're just a prefab building for turning people into goo. Not capital ships.
>>troop transport
See above
>>destroyers
Are tiny, and also don't look like any of the ships in that screenshot.
>>capital ships in the sovereign shape
Are the capital ships in the sovereign shape.

So, having established that none of the four ship types mentioned (the only established Reaper vessels), we can conclude that there are four other designs of Reaper capital ship aside from the Sovereign/Harbinger lookalikes. So basically yes, ME2 shows that there are multiple different designs of Reapers. Which leads to one of two conclusions:

a) Bioware are lazy and couldn't be fucked to model loads of different ships, instead choosing to ignore that bit of ME2
b) Some convoluted bullshit that you're probably about to come up with because you've gone full fanboy and are trying to argue that a time saving move on Bioware's part wasn't a time saving move, in a game that was insanely rushed in pretty much every other area.

I think I'm going to believe the first one desu senpai.
>>
>>315560156

I wonder if that anon knows that Casey Hudson left bioware in 2014
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.