[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P.T. and Silent Hill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: original.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
Now that the dust has settled...

What do you guys think about P.T. and it's relation to Silent Hill? Was it a good game? Was it a Silent Hill game? Personally, I have mixed feelings about it. It was a very, very well done experience. Incredible graphics, great scare factor, and hype over the sky.

But, it didn't felt like a new, proper Silent Hill. It looks like Konami just wanted to slap the SH name into a good horror game that could stand on it's own. I know that PT is just a teaser, but it should at least have some basic elements that any proper Silent Hill should have.

>P.T. has jumpscares. Silent Hill does not.
>P.T. shows. Silent Hill tells.
>P.T. is first person (not really a complain)
>P.T. lacks the radio noise (c'mon, this is a simple one)
>Silent Hill is not about showing gore, mutilations or dead people.
>Silent Hill doesn't have 'ghosts'.

I know Kojima and Del Toro (and apparently Junji Ito was involved too) could have done a great job, but they don't have to slap the name Silent Hill into it, cause PT is clearly a whole different game than any Silent Hill.
>>
I still have this installed on my PS4 yet I never booted it once.
>>
The graphics are shockingly photorealistic and the tension ambient track with the thumping still makes my asshole clench whenever I watch someone plays it on Twitch for the first time.
>>
It was a proof of concept made in probably three months tops.
I'm willing to bet it would have taken much more inspiration from Pan's Labyrinth and Junji's designs in the full title.
>>
>>315359071
Exactly. This trailer looks straight out of Junji Ito's mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVylTfkDP5c
>>
>>315358534
>P.T. has jumpscares. Silent Hill does not.
Silent Hill has had a few. PT has one. And it's avoidable.
>P.T. shows. Silent Hill tells.
Yeah PT showed so much. You literally walk down a hallway with subtle hints telling you what happened in it 20 years earlier. You have to piece together the plot yourself.
>P.T. is first person (not really a complain)
Okay.
>P.T. lacks the radio noise (c'mon, this is a simple one)
So do a lot of recent Silent Hills, and PT still has a radio being a very prominent part of the game.
>Silent Hill is not about showing gore, mutilations or dead people.
Nor was PT. We don't know if the person in the hallway was really Lisa. And we don't know if she was a "ghost". For all we know she could just be another monster from Silent Hill.
>Silent Hill doesn't have 'ghosts'.
Nor does PT explicitly. Lack of information means we can't be certain what the hell Lisa is.
>>
Silent Hill 4 has ghosts and the first person perspective.

Silent Hill 3 has a ghost in the subway.

Silent Hill 2 has the screamer in the prison.
>>
Guess I'm sleeping with the hall light on tonight.
>>
>TFW out of town when they pulled the demo
>Was too unsure about if I could handle it to download it
>Will never get to experience PT
>>
>>315358534
>it should at least have some basic elements that any proper Silent Hill should have.
No it shouldn't. It was specifically made to be deceptive, and to look like an indie horror game.
>>
>>315362635

You weren't even supposed to think it was a horror game until a couple cycles in.
>>
>>315362802
Dude, the very first time it was showcased they even played footage of people screaming like chimps while playing the game.
I mean I guess that if you went in blind you might think it wasn't a horror game, but it was really "marketed" as one.
>>
>>315362802
When you start a game and it opens with a dude waking up in an empty dark concrete room and opening the door to a dimly lit hallway with a radio talking about a dad murdering his family, you have to be retarded to not think it is a horror game.
>>
>>315363182

It wasn't marketed at all. It just showed up and went viral.
>>
i screamed at the top of my fucking lungs when that jump scare happened to me for the first time.
>>
>>315363693
It was just one video (hence why I used quotation marks), but it was still a form of marketing.
Also: when it went viral it was called "the scariest game ever", so not only were you supposed to know that it was horror, but the reason it went viral was because it was horror.
>>
>>315364149

Maybe so. I just happened to see it on the store right after it was added.

I'm a pansy, too. Made for an interesting surprise.
>>
File: 1260879432678.jpg (30KB, 186x163px) Image search: [Google]
1260879432678.jpg
30KB, 186x163px
I still can't believe it got cancelled

I mean, god forbid we'd get a good Silent Hill game

fuck Konami
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.