[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is what Nintendo wants to do with Paper Jam >Let the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 28

File: image.jpg (97KB, 438x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 438x370px
This is what Nintendo wants to do with Paper Jam

>Let the World of Mario and Luigi meet their Paper Counterparts, focus is between the interactions between each of the characters to their paper selves
>Enemies will consist of enemies that appear on both sides to emphasize the issue of the worlds colliding
>Areas will be a mixed having segments of the M&L world and PM world scattered around to emphasize that their worlds are literally colliding

This is what Autistic spoiled brats want
>Every single character in both series to appear and team up in fanfiction tier match ups
>>
>Paper Jam Bros

that title makes absolutely no sense. is the localization team's logo designer so desperate for work that he insisted on adding the word "Bros" just so he'd have something to do?
>>
>>315334490
Literally nobody wanted this crossover.
>>
>>315334490
>This is what Autistic spoiled brats want
>>Every single character in both series to appear and team up in fanfiction tier match ups

What
I want a fucking original game. Or at the very least a well written one.

I just want another TTYD Paper Mario, but never.

Fuck, Luigi has his adventure in the whole game, its written there and laid out for it to be a game, why the fuck not, right?
Waffle kingdom sounds fucking sweet
And in between trips to rogueport, you would come across mario and the progress on his adventure.
>>
>>315335662
>Fuck, Luigi has his adventure in the whole game, its written there and laid out for it to be a game, why the fuck not, right?

Doesn't Luigi fuck everything up throughout his adventure? I'm not sure how that would work as an actual game.
>>
File: 1475109590313.gif (17KB, 130x130px) Image search: [Google]
1475109590313.gif
17KB, 130x130px
>>315334490
See, here's the problem with your neo-nintendo strawman.

You can definitely do "what Nintendo wants to do with Paper Jam" without resorting to autistic fanfiction-tier shit. That's certainly possible and I'd actually prefer that as well. The real problem (and what actual fans believe) is this:

WHAT THEY HAVE SHOWN

IS SO

FUCKING

B O R I N G

There are two extremes on the spectrum. Autism and safe cookie cutter boredom. You are defending the game for not being autistic fanfiction, while playing blind to the fact that everything we've seen amounts to little more than NSMB/Sticker Star-inspired mediocrity. it has evaded one extreme but has instead become another.

This is why everyone is worried about the game. There's no middleground. I'm pretty fucking sure you can do Paper Jam without it being as tasteless as every video and scan we've seen of it so far, and without it being as autistic as some thirteen year old's fanfiction.

We're a month from release and like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, we know nothing. Want to know why? Because like that game, what we've seen is all there is.
>>
File: 1446055039360.png (8KB, 233x249px) Image search: [Google]
1446055039360.png
8KB, 233x249px
>retards genuinely think this is the new paper mario game instead of the new mario and luigi game
>>
>>315335781
Thats what clever writting would work around, I guess.
I'd like to see luigis partners all talk around his bullshit and all of luigis well meaning objectives end up in fuck ups for the better.
>>
It isn't EXACTLY like ttyd, that makes it absolute dogshit because ttyd is the bestest game ever.
>>
File: image.gif (877KB, 345x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
877KB, 345x270px
I accepted what the games about and in excited because the gameplay, animations and dialogue between characters are fantastic

Though I'm still curious as to where Paper Luigi is

I'm excepting Atleast Starlow to ask that question
>>
>>315334868
Fuck knows, occasionally we get weird title changes like this for some reason. I want to say it's a copyright thing, but how the fuck can you copyright something like 'Paper Jam'?
>>
>>315335907
It looks lame either way.
>>
>>315336026
I'm really sure that we will meet Paper Luigi.
>>
Homogenization is a naturally occurring process in long-running, corporate-produced fiction.
As an IP grows older, the central idea of "what it is" becomes more clear. The stuff that gels with that idea stays, the stuff that doesn't gets weeded out.
I'm shocked that people are shocked.
>>
>>315334490
Read >>315335839
And also the fact that I actually wanted a mix of both gameplays.
Instead we got your average Mario & Luigi game but with a third character who can flutter when jumping and make copies of himself.
This shit had potential.
>>
>>315337073
>Instead we got your average Mario & Luigi game but with a third character who can flutter when jumping and make copies of himself.
Thats much more creative than just slapping in the standard paper mario.
>>
It's starting to get old seeing salty Paper Mario fans taking a piss on what looks like another solid entry to the Mario & Luigi franchise.

This is Mario & Luigi 5 guest starring Paper Mario in very much the same way Partners in Time guest starred Baby Mario. It's not a Paper Mario game.
>>
>>315336336
Yeah. We'll have to find him hidden in the background 5 times so that he can appear for a few seconds in the credits sequence. A pretty good reward, if you ask Intelligent Systems lately.
>>
>>315337407
It would been much better if they had the balls to make a proper cross-over of both gameplays.
The result would have been an amazing game, the best of both worlds.
>>
>>315337407
I'm a salty M&L fan and a salty Paper Mario fan.

It's not what I want from either series.
>>
>>315337407
Yeah the permanent bitching is getting really obnoxious.
>>
>>315337407
>>315337618
Yeah fuck people who want original locations instead of the same NSMB bland and boring shit.
>>
>>315334490
Why the fuck does it come out after March in the US
>>
>>315337736
Yeah, fuck bitches who cry all day and just repeat themselves over and over.
>>
>>315337829
NoA fucked themselves on game release scheduling, so now we're behind on pretty much everything
>>
>>315337407
But we want a new Paper Mario game. Is it really hard for you to understand why people might be pissed?
>>
>>315335964
>>315335907
>>315337204
>>315337407
>>315337618
This isn't about Paper Mario fans being salty, at least not in my case.

I understand that it's a fucking Mario & Luigi game guest-starring Paper Mario, I fucking understood that from day one. That's not my problem. The issue I HAVE is that the execution is so far beneath the standard for Mario & Luigi that it's almost depressing. Everything just looks so.. generic.

>>315335839 put it perfectly. There are two extremes, the game is not TTYD 2.0. Fanfiction Electric Boogaloo. That's great. Instead, it's New Super Mario & Luigi Bros. That's bad.

There's no middle ground here and it's worrying. I think one guy said it best when the opening cutscene features a storybook full of characters from the Paper Mario universe, and not a single unique Paper Mario character emerges when that book bursts open.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>315337736
How in the world does this look any worse then the previous Mario & Luigi titles? Plus we haven't seen everything yet and the Mario & Luigi series is renowned for it's expansive locales.

>>315337535
What did you want from Mario & Luigi 5 then? I thought the idea of them meeting the Paper Mario characters was interesting.
>>
>>315338129
So the next time a Paper Mario game is announced the Mario & Luigi fans should get pissed off and complain about how they want another Mario & Luigi game?
>>
>>315338537
No, because you fuckers already had like 5 games while we only had 2 legitimate ones.
>>
>>315337428
AlphaDream is the developer of this game and the rest of the Mario & Luigi series. Intelligent Systems isn't involved.
>>
>>315338216
>not a single unique Paper Mario character emerges when that book bursts open.
Paper Mario's "unique" characters look like they're straight out of DeviantArt
>>
>>315338537
>>315338604
Hey guys chill. They're both Mario RPG series. We shouldn't be fighting. Heck we're mostly fans of both series anyway.
>>
File: absoludisgt.gif (402KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
absoludisgt.gif
402KB, 300x195px
I really don't understand why nintendo keeps pulling this shit.The first two games in the series were 10/10, then slowly got worse with SPM, PMSS, and now this. TTYD was 11 fucking years ago, and this series has the most untapped potential of almost any of their others. WHY don't they make another RPG with the same formula for Wii U or 3DS? Fuck.
>>
>>315340398
Your mom looks like she's straight out of DeviantArt.

And by "DeviantArt" I mean "my dick."
>>
>>315340903
Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star were bigger successes.

Also Nintendo might not see a reason to keep two rather samey mario RPG franchises around so they use Paper Mario for experimental shit.
>>
>>315341170
Y'all seeing this?

Paper Mario fans are immature as fuck.
>>
>Muh OCs partners doing unnecesary cameos.
>Fuck the worlds colliding bullshit, where is my Rogueport.
>Fuck both Bowsers working together bullshit, why Nambit and those 3d land enemies, where the fuck are the original enemies.
>Muh second coming of sticker star.

literally all the complains I been seeing since the game was confirmed, yeah the game looks dry as fuck, but the concept and gameplay looks fine by M&L standars, and its obvious they can't show everything until the game comes out.

the game is literally M&L with Paper mario as guest character, at least alpha dream is doing some love for the series, if paper kuks can't get that right and complain about their lack of TTYD2 game then fuck this game, they just should have done M&L featuring Doctor Mario instead of this.
>>
>>315341515
:)
>>
>>315340903
PAPER JAM IS A M&L GAME NOT A PAPER MARIO GAME GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK FUCKING AUTIST SKULL
>>
>>315341428
Anyone standing in the way of new Paper Mario games THAT ARE ACTUALLY RPGs should be slaughtered like a fucking animal. Literally worse than Hitler.
>>
>>315341170
You mean that his mom came straight out of your dick?

Must've hurt a lot.
>>
File: SMTxFE2.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
SMTxFE2.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>315334490
could be worse.

they could tease a crossover and then release a piece of shit game that isn't either series
>>
>>315341790
Yes
>>
File: 1368496414832.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1368496414832.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>mfw shiggy "Literally Hitler" dingdong infected M&L now with his dumb NSMB characters only rule

He probably had a fit of autistic rage when he realized all the OC they were putting in Dream Team, thinking they looked at Sticker Star and got his message.
>>
File: troll-troll-wario.png (163KB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
troll-troll-wario.png
163KB, 300x216px
>>315341840
Whatcha talking about? This perfectly represents the direction Nintendo is taking Fire Emblem!
>>
>>315341840

This is just as bad, if not worse considering Persona and Awakening fags are actually the majority of the fanbases.

This is Sticker Star x Dream Team, the very lowest point of the franchises.
>>
>>315342184
they aren't gonna pull OCs characters for this type of filler game, the main focus is just both 3d x Paper worlds merging thing.

also part of the guilt with sticker star was Inteligent systems, Alpha dream called Miyamoto with his bullshit during Dream team development.
>>
>>315342551
Outside of the obnoxious tutorial, Dream Team was really good. It's easily my second fav in the series after Superstar Saga.
>>
File: hahaha.png (130KB, 274x385px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.png
130KB, 274x385px
>>315341840
>mfw Nintendo is still calling it #FE in US/EU in hopes it sells on brand name alone.
>>
>>315334490
Nah family, here's what they want to do with it
>reuse assets from games that already exist to minimize costs
Why? I don't know. I don't actually understand what would put them in this situation, but it's pretty obvious they're capitalizing on pre-existing assets for some reason.

>emphasize the issue of the worlds colliding
>emphasize that their worlds are literally colliding
You seem pretty deadset on a premise that you've made up entirely with no support whatsoever. You realize all of the paper characters just came from some box that got opened up right? There's no epic collision, literally or metaphorically, that we know about so far.

No offense meant by any of this, however.
>>
>>315340398
...and? So do M&L's. Regardless of your opinions the game is a crossover and it should be a celebration of both M&L and PM. Instead it's being treated so lackluster. As a fan of both series I probably won't be picking this up. It looks so sterile.
>>
>>315343109
>Outside of the obnoxious tutorial

which is a big portion of the game.
>>
>>315340398
So does every JRPG character ever.
>>
File: Same game.png (531KB, 596x500px) Image search: [Google]
Same game.png
531KB, 596x500px
>>315345605
>So does every JRPG character ever.

true
>>
>>315342742
>Alpha dream called Miyamoto with his bullshit during Dream team development.
Where's the source on this?
>>
>>315346106
The Iwata Asks mentioned that AlphaDream got into arguments with Nintendo about the game. It doesn't go into any detail, though.
>>
>>315346106
Iwata Ask for Dream Team.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/mario-and-luigi-dream-team/0/2

>Iwata: I doubt those of you at AlphaDream always agreed with Nintendo's opinions. What did you do in those cases?

>Maekawa:We'd take it back and work it over. We could accept some parts, and then we'd hash out those parts we couldn't accept face-to-face in a meeting.

>Otani:Times like that were easy to address, because Kubota-san would clearly say, "This is weird." But when we got mad at each other, we really got mad! (laughs)

>Kubota:Yeah. (laughs)

>Iwata:When people who take something seriously have differing opinions, the air can get chilly in an instant!
>>
>>315346467
>there won't be an Iwata Asks for Paper Jam
>we'll never learn about how Miyamoto flipped a table after Dream Team and that's why we're getting New Mario & Luigi (Starring Paper Mario from the Sticker Star series)
>there won't be an Iwata Asks for any of the other games in the current rash of hurried out filler garbage either
>>
>>315347612
>you will never be this mad at Mario games
>>
File: 1423626742789.png (260KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
1423626742789.png
260KB, 358x310px
>>315347612
>we'll never learn about how Miyamoto flipped a table after Dream Team

I can't help but crack up at the thought of this happening.
>>
File: image.png (44KB, 637x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
44KB, 637x460px
I decided to get myself physically prepared for the game by replaying Dream Team and Sticker Star since that's clearly what the game is based on, especially given its the only game to physically be about the fact that everything's paper which is crucial to Paper Jam's concept to begin with
>>
>>315335662
>I want a fucking original game
>I just want another TTYD Paper Mario
Make up your mind anon
>>
>>315349290
A sequel that improves upon TTYD. Just like how that improved upon 64.
>>
>>315334868
Europe. At first they were forced to add Bros to the end of Dream Team because of copyright issues. Now they added Bros because they wanted to.

It's still just Paper Jam in America.
>>
File: Jerry.png (5KB, 96x124px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry.png
5KB, 96x124px
>>315335662
Luigi's story in TTYD should just stay as Luigi's story in TTYD and be left at that. Getting any further into it is unnecessary, and would probably just end up cheapening it in general. Leave it be.

I wouldn't mind a Paper Luigi with an original plot, though.
>>
File: pokeu.png (387KB, 686x316px) Image search: [Google]
pokeu.png
387KB, 686x316px
People need to remember that the reason this game exists is because they want Paper Mario to actual mean something by name.

Yes, Sticker Star was indeed a step back, this is no doubt

That being said however, even so, the entire point of this Psuedo-Crossover is for the Mario and Luigi World to be infested by the Paper World.

Even if Sticker Star didn't exist, they wouldve wanted a Paper heavy emphasized world and still wouldve wanted the main concept to be meeting with their Paper selves

and to be frankly honest, im actually excited for Bowser being the main threat for once instead of playing backstage, him and Paper Bowser's chemistry is 10/10

I wonder what bosses they'll pull

All we know so far is that M&L gets Petey while Paper Mario gets Sparkly Goomba as a Papercraft Mario Boss and Power Pokey, however it doesnt look like its a boss battle and Power Pokey is a lot smaller
>>
>>315352230
I'm willing to bet either Paper Bowser is the final boss or he gets finished off early in a Papercraft Battle.
>>
File: paper mario people.png (75KB, 512x522px) Image search: [Google]
paper mario people.png
75KB, 512x522px
>>315340398
No
>>
Based Yoko Shimmomora is the reason im getting this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBMkPZj_suc
>>
>>315352230
looking so far, they sure want to focus heavily in taking stuff from mainline games, we even got Nambit and 3d land enemies, it's obvious we gonna get some enemies from the series as surprises maybe even Mr.L considering we don't know about Paper Luigi for now , which weird seeing how so far they want to promote the fact about characters interacting with their Paper equivalents mostly.
>>
>>315353105
Did Bowser always have "guh-guh-guh-guhguh-guh" style speech like Banjo-Kazooie?

I remember there being a voice clip, like a word or a laugh, accompanied by the text silently filling the box in the older games.
>>
>>315353450

yes
>>
>>315353450
>>315353594
No. There was a fitting sound effect, but it wasn't anything like a voice clip.
>>
>>315353105
at least they're doing their homework on how to portrait the characters.

>Petey Piranha fights just like in Mario Sunshine even can be defeated in the same manner
>Paper Mario has shit HP, even has his mechanics and paper gimmicks from his games.

this shit looks fun, I can understand about the lack of original settings and characters, but the people who thinks this is the second coming of sticker star is overreacting a bit.
>>
File: I am literally Shiggy right now.png (128KB, 512x522px) Image search: [Google]
I am literally Shiggy right now.png
128KB, 512x522px
>>315352573
I took the liberty of crossing out the cancer
>>
File: Starlow.jpg (6KB, 200x208px) Image search: [Google]
Starlow.jpg
6KB, 200x208px
>>315352573
>>315354767
Starlow is an original character and she's in this.
>>
>>315354767
I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. Why Parakarry, but not Kooper? Why not Goombario, but most of his family?
>>
>>315335839

>Sticker star bullshit

>grass, desert, lava, forest worlds.

>literally a mix of nsmb and sticker star

Fucking hell. I've never been so mad at Nintendo and their logic.I really hope there's some soul in here. I really hope there are original enemies and npcs and not generic mario shit that we got in sticker star.
>>
>>315355272
Basically I just crossed out stuff I felt was overdesigned or out of place. Parakarry was a close one, but I think he should ditch the aviator's hat.
>>
>>315353450
>>315353959
https://youtu.be/R0M_YBeRKbI?t=1h23m7s
It's the same voice.
>>
>>315354767
You're right, the game would be much better without all those characters.

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>315348367
During Sunshine's development, he used to spray the devs with water.
>>
>>315355751
So he didn't always have it, he has just for a few years.
>>
>>315355676
>overdesigned
Literally none of it
>out of place
Confirmed for never even playing the game.

The only bad design in that entire image is the brown yoshi dog merchant guy.
>>
>>315341840
the hands that touch CHANGE on the CUT FUCK YOU THAT IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE THEY CAN'T EVEN ANIMATE RIGHT
>>
>>315356579
>Confirmed for never even playing the game.
I played it a few years ago. Even PM1's worst is better than TTYD's character designs, and don't even mention SPM
>>
>>315356742
TTYD and SPM are good too.
>>
>>315355676
>>315356742

I don't see anything about 64's character designs that I'd call overdesigned. They seem to fit rather well.

The only one that seemed off for me in TTYD was Flurrie the boob ghost.

You can barely call SPM a Mario game.
>>
>>315356327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utrfT94ymTA
https://youtu.be/MbNvIaZTQqw?t=8m15s

https://youtu.be/29jy_VwWzsw?t=1h19m15s
https://youtu.be/uAcEX-pjfdk?t=2m46s

He had that voice since Bowser's Inside Story. He had the regular old voice sounds before. I think Bowser's Inside Story was when they started personalizing voice clips.

Seriously though why does Bowser get some of the coolest boss fights?
>Bowser + Popple Bro Attacks
>Bowser + Baby Bowser combo attacks
>Bowser X
>Bowser + Antasma
>Dreamy Bowser
I can't fucking wait for Bowser + Bowser Jr or Bowser + Paper Bowser. Jr was a fucking blast to fight in Dream Team.
>>
>>315355272

He literally sat down and took his time crossing out these characters. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.
>>
File: wink.png (128KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
wink.png
128KB, 1366x768px
>>315354767
Me too.
>>
>>315357132
We're not talking about the voice, but the sound that effect accompanies the text.
>>
>>315357435
Well played, gooda job
>>
>>315335839
That's nice and all but do we really need it?
>>
>>315357535
Yeah that's what I meant. I always pictured it as their voice since it's personalized. Starlow doesn't have a voice but the sound is high pitched. Bowser's is low and grumbly. I think Toadsworth's is nasally. What I said still applies. It used to be high pitched squeaking for pretty much everyone in the earlier games.
>>
>>315357132
yeah, Bowser is one of the best things from the series, is nice for a change to have him in his Villain role again, can't wait to see what sort of stuff he will pull off along with Paper Bowser, I just hope they also add some of his minions like the Elite trio too.

also I would add Dark Bowser, yeah he wasn't a proper Bowser fight but copy by the dark star, but I think he deserves some mention.
>>
File: 1445478141395.png (247KB, 392x307px) Image search: [Google]
1445478141395.png
247KB, 392x307px
>>315357620

Thanks for the trigger, asshole.
>>
>>315357860
I would have mentioned Bowletta too but they're not quite Bowser. The main battles are against Cackletta's Soul and Fawful so I consider it more their battles than Bowser's.
>>
>>315357825
Yeah it's supposed to be. The point is it used to be a grumbly sound effect that captured the character, but now it's Scott Burns going "guh guh guh"
>>
>>315334868
"A fold in space/time" would have worked better. Or, "a crease in reality," something playing on Paper Mario getting mashed up with Superstar Saga
>>
>>315358131
It sounds exactly like it did in Dream Team which is still pretty similar to Bowser's Inside Story. The change doesn't bother me much.
>>
>>315334490
I liked when the Paper was just an aesthetic, and not this huge meta joke.
The curses in TTYD were okay, but Sticker Star just wouldn't shut up about it,
>>
>>315358314
Me neither, but it is a noticeable change.
>>
>>315335781

An Rpg where you are basically fucking up at every turn and your partners hate you, written in a charming comedic fashion

Sounds like a very unique, entertaining game senpai
>>
File: Broque Madame.png (9KB, 490x515px) Image search: [Google]
Broque Madame.png
9KB, 490x515px
Would you?
>>
>>315334490
Get your reasonable assertions out of here OP

The recent clips have me excited for the game actually.
>>
File: 1444791305164.gif (429KB, 213x201px) Image search: [Google]
1444791305164.gif
429KB, 213x201px
>>315358432
>This.
It's one of the biggest reasons I couldn't stand Sticker Star's writing half the time.
>>
File: Midbus.png (288KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Midbus.png
288KB, 420x420px
I wonder if he'll ever get his revenge against Bowser. He be a good Rookie for Popple.
>>
>>315358190
Seems too elaborate. And Partners in Time already had the whole Time thing. Unrelated but that's is probably why I don't like whenever people suggest Partners in Crime for Waluigi and Wario. There's no pun there. That's the actual phrase with its literal meaning. And they already used that phrase once.

A Crease in Reality doesn't roll off the tongue either.

I think Paper Jam conveys the situation nicely. It's a Paper Jam like too many pages getting stuck in a printer and Jam like a problem. Plus we get the paper motif from it.

Treehouse must have been really fucking happy when they came up with Bowser's Inside Story. I don't think they possibly have outdone it. That's such a perfect title.
>>
>>315335781
It wouldn't. That game idea is a bandwagon suggestion. There's only 5 compass pieces and half the time he doesn't even fight anything. I don't think it would make for a good game at all. There's probably enough material for a side mode in a future game but I think the story being left to the imagination is good enough.
>>
>>315359270
He was just a standard, run-of-the-mill midboss, literally inserted into the game with the sole purpose of play that role. Nothing more.

So it would be so fucking awesome to see him return with a vengeance. He'd make a fine Rookie too, I guess.
>>
>>315359930
I think he has chances to appear in a future game, both Fawful and Popple returned in later games so there's hope I suppose
>>
>>315334490
Eh
>>
bumping for Cross-dressing Kamek doing shenanigans with Sandals boogaloo kamek
>>
>>315335662
>I want a fucking original game. I just want another TTYD Paper Mario

Well if that isn't a nice summation of this argument.
>>
File: Bowser_Jr_-_Paper_jr_MLPJ.png (2MB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Bowser_Jr_-_Paper_jr_MLPJ.png
2MB, 1800x1800px
>>315364057
The Bowser Junior's apparently get along.
>>
File: 1446237928531.png (562KB, 876x521px) Image search: [Google]
1446237928531.png
562KB, 876x521px
>>315364057
For what little writing Sticker Star, the writing was actually pretty good. The Museum is a gold mine.
>>
M
O
N
T
H
>>
>>315335839
Pretty much. French Block shit aside, BiS was good about feeling essentially Mario without overdoing it while being original. Sticker Star and Paper Jam is reinventing the wheel just because Nintendo doesn't want another Rosalina situation.
>>
>>315367153
I think the game can be fine without depending too much on OCs or a new settig, I actually like the fact that they are going with material and setting from mainline games like Nambit or the new 3d land enemies, it keep consistency with the main setting from the series as a whole.

sometimes people need to remember from where those RPGs are based from in ther first place, they already doing a good job portraying the characters, mostly Paper Mario having his own type of gameplay like in his original games.
>>
>>315367153
>French Block shit aside, BiS was good about feeling essentially Mario without overdoing it while being original.

What's wrong with the Block characters? They are technically original.
>>
File: 1416801409720.png (905KB, 1280x799px) Image search: [Google]
1416801409720.png
905KB, 1280x799px
>>315367104
>tfw American
>tfw cfw

See you in a month, Eurobros.
>>
>No see it's supposed to be all about characters meeting their paper selves!

I get that. The problem is that that's the most boring fucking direction to take this crossover despite the mountains of potential it brings. How is it in anyway cool to squander that for "lol you're me, but FLAT! how WACKY!"
>>
>>315368202
They felt a bit too much, especially the one who feels like she's soliciting sex from Bowser.
>>
>>315368993
to be fair, we don't know get how most of the interactions are, we just know both Bowsers work together, some characters get along while others not, we don't know too much after that, we don't even know where the fuck is Paper Luigi.

now if for potential it could bringt, maybe there's hope he returning as Mr.L and joining with Popple which was already in Dream Team, or stuff like that, at least just hope all these things are being left as a surprise, isn't the first that happens with a M&L game.
>>
>>315369616
We probably won't get anything original from the PM side because it's obviously based on the soft reboot of Sticker Star where Luigi only cameo'd. M & L is a toughie because the games don't share characters that much, we got Starlow and I'm sure they could cram others in there because it's not like Miyamoto is going to strip search the thing.
>>
>>315369897
didn't sticker star was already was just another sequel? the old partners get some cameos and even Goombella is mentioned in one part of the game.
>>
>>315370358
>the old partners get some cameos and even Goombella is mentioned in one part of the game.

I think Parakarry is also mentioned in a letter you can find, in the trash yard in the jungle.
>>
I don't give a shit how the story or how the world is build, as long its better then the atrocity that was Partners in Time.
>>
>>315372083
What was wrong with Partners in Time? It's the only one I haven't played.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (303KB, 1279x656px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
303KB, 1279x656px
>>315373095
Not him but while it's not a bad game, it's really... boring in comparison. Even with Dream Team's constant tutorials, I feel Partners in Time is just more boring. Using the babies is very repetitive, a lot of enemies are just Shroob variants, the game doesn't use the full potential of the time travel theme (only one area in the present), antagonists are boring since you can't understand them till towards the end of the game, and the Bros Attacks are probably the weakest in the series.

It's not a badly made game though, still solid and competent and it's worth looking into, if you want more Mario & Luigi.
>>
>>315373374
I also found the whole world pretty uninteresting. Just having Peach's castle as a mostly linear hub world that connects to other worlds felt disconnected. I still don't think any of them have managed to top SS's overworld in terms of connectivity and freedom but PiT's was probably the worst.
>>
>>315334490
This game could be so much more, to defend it, is to shill for it.

Modern nintendo has fallen way below the nintendo of five years ago.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.