[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Destiny is dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

File: destiny record.png (824KB, 859x1185px) Image search: [Google]
destiny record.png
824KB, 859x1185px
>3 hours a day average
>25 million players
>5 million new users in the last three months alone

DEAD GAME AM I RIGHT?!

Why is /v/ always wrong about everything?
>>
this is that halo game right?

with the not oracle?

and the moon wizards, like literal wizards on the moon
>>
3 hours a day? You'd finish the game in a week and run out of things to do.
>>
>>315333468

Its still a god awful game that will die with the success Halo 5 and BO3 will enjoy
>>
>>315333646
It's the pseudo MMOFPSRPG that Bungie invested like $60 million into and made over a billion (not accounting for the cosmetic microtransactions and the expansions)
>>
>>315333815
>success Halo 5 will enjoy
Kek
>>
25 million registered players =/= 25 million concurrent players.

that means that the game has been started up in 25 million unique consoles or accounts.
>>
PS4, friend me!!!!
>>
>>315334143

>implying Halo 5 hasn't been above Destiny in the most played games on a constant day to day since it came out
>>
>>315334191
>average daily playtime:3 hours
>average
>daily playtime
>>
>>315333815
Halo 5 is the least successful Halo game ever. Also, BO3 will do very well, but Destiny is in the second year of their 10 year deal with Activision.

>>315334191
Meaning that's a metric fuckton of sales even without the PC I can find hundreds of groups for every single activity whenever I want.
>>
/v/ just wants every game to be "le blunder of the century" just so they can sit around shitposting about it all day long.
>>
>>315334143
>muh splitscreen
>>
>>315334191
Wait, it sold 25 mil copies?
>>
>>315333806
Don't underestimate how severely intellectually challenged the Destiny player base is.
>>
ya too bad its still hot garbage
>>
I'm fucking tired of every game on here being shit on because people are more excited to see a game they don't like fail than to enjoy a game they do like, tortanic ruined this place tbqh fami.
>>
>>315333468
>average play time is the same now as it was at release
Not dying, but definitely stagnated, and since these DLCs were supposed to 'fix' the game it looks like evidence enough its not since people are getting disinterested just as fast now as they were at release.
>>
>>315333468
>DEAD GAME AM I RIGHT?!
it's still a shit game tho
millions of idiots playing it doesn't change that
>>
>>315333863
that didn't answer a single question
>>
>>315334427
do you only play multiplayer fps maps once
>>
>>315334534
>millions of idiots playing it doesn't change that
>>
>>315333863
Actually the entire franchise has 500 mil invested into it. But that's over span of 10 year.

I kind of like what they are doing with TTK and hopefully they learned from their mistakes and are still learning. That said I doubt the game will ever what I was hoping it to be. An epic space opera adventure game.

>>315334364
If you can't appreciate the appeal of local multiplayer on a console I feel like you're missing out on one of the key factors and arguably advantages a console has over something like a PC. They had a choice and I feel like they made the wrong one. Hopefully they get punished for it and they and other devs learn from it and don't make the same mistake.
>>
>>315334191
>>315334330
Actually it only means accounts used.

I played quite of bit of Destiny on my friends consoles.
>>
People get more enjoyment out of watching and hoping that a big name game crashes and burns instead of really playing them.

The TORtanic gave a boost of dopamine that people are desperately trying to recreate.
>>
>>315334249
>a new release
>barely beating a 14 month old game
By console standards of playerbase longevity destiny should be dead. It's an exception.
>>
Who the fuck cares? It still doesn't have enough content. It's an MMO grind. Those 25 million people would probably just as happy playing tetherball alone if you gave them a new hat every now and then
>>
>>315334693
How many people are doing that? Unless you're implying half of those accounts don't own the game, it's a massive success.

I'd say maybe a million were loaned copies (but those loaned copies probably led to those people buying it)

>>315334780
Don't see why. Destiny cost less than GTAV and MGSV, if it were to fail, it'd be "oops, we lost $50 million, we'll make up for it when Black Ops 3 comes out"
>>
>>315334609
it's true breh
>>
>>315333806
Don't underestimate how severely intellectually challenged the Destiny player base is.
>>
>>315335005
yeah but they pay the same amount as any 'hardcore' gamer would; its the amount of sales that matters in industry m8.
>>
>>315335028
It's not really so much the money as it is the hype. I think people just enjoy watching other people be disappointed that their game doesn't live up to the hype like maybe their own game.
>>
File: igjaiu.jpg (23KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
igjaiu.jpg
23KB, 480x272px
>>315333468
>autistically grind for loot by replaying the exact same shit ad infinitum

Yes, amazing game.
>>
I don't recall /v/ ever saying the game was going to die. I remember talking a lot about how hard Bobby Kotick was going to fuck console faggots in the ass and 3 expansions in a single year later you dumb fucks have paid for the equivalent of two brand new games but received the content of half a game.
So I guess the next big question to ask is what you guys are going to be forking money out for next?
>>
>>315333646

They combined Halo Gameplay with Diablo Lootsystem. They even took Dungeon/Raid System from an MMO like WoW into and got many hooked b/c of it.

I played the Original Release back then on my XBone when i got it cheap and it was ok but never got me hooked as i played to much MMO/Dungeoncrawler in my Lifetime,know the underlying "Carrot on a Stick" Effect of these Lootbased Games and dont like (competetive) FPS with Joypads.

TTK Addon refined System even more as i heard and its by far most played Game on my Xbone Friendlist since Release
>>
>>315333468
Fuck its good. Got it 4 days ago and have been playing a ton, perfect game to just chill and mindlessly play
>>
>>315333468
25million my ass

i have never seen anyone play/talk about destiny at my job and all of em are fucking dudebros
>>
Destiny only isn't dead because Bungie literally are just using skinner box methods to get people addicted to this shit game.

I should know i'm one of those fucking people fuck why does the gunplay have to be so good ffffuuucck.
>>
>heroin users average 3 hours of fiending a day
>25 million Phillip Seymour Hoffmans
>5 million new basers in the last three months alone

DEAD DRUG AM I RIGHT?!?!?

can you imagine a genre more stagnant, pathetically simplified, and economically dead in the water? how do people that still play MMOs cope with the fact that examples from the genre circa 1990-2000 are still superior experiences even 15 years or more later?
>>
>>315333806
Don't underestimate the power of the dark side.
>>
>>315339125
Destiny isn't a real MMO.
>>
>>315338842
lmao I completely dropped singleplayer and just play PvP around once a week along with Splatoon.

Skinnerbox and grinding turn me off I can't enjoy the PvP for long bursts. Really hoping UT4 is my god's gift with a shitload of people to play.
>>
>>315339324
So why is it that they only way they can keep people playing or excited to buy more equates to textbook MMO stat tracking and blatant skinner box bullshit?

It's the same concept as a modern MMO, it relies on addiction. There's no actual content behind it. How do people keep playing these games, even when they are half-assed? This would be one of those shitty F2P mmos barely hanging on with a cash shop a mere 5-6 years ago.
>>
>>315339645
> How do people keep playing these games, even when they are half-assed?
The gunplay is good.

Like really really fucking good. Its so good, which is one of the biggest tragedies.
>>
>>315340001
>>315339645
Pretty much this.

I bought TTK as my first games becuase it looked like a bunch of content, but I won't be buying any DLC unless it has a massive amount of PvP content. I'm level 40 and I still use low level gear with no fucks given because I just like to PvP.
>>
>>315333815
except it's the only remotely acceptable shooter on the generation leading ps4
>>
Game isn't dead. Game is fucking shit.
>>
>>315336748
this. it's just sci fi fluff with acceptable mechanics, but having something uncomplicated to chill out to is nice. like sport highlights or sitcoms.
>>
>>315340439
this. i got it at launch, skipped the DLC, then got TTK and felt like i missed nothing.
>>
>>315340439
Shame about the PVP too, it's such a step back from Halo's.
>>
>>315341076
It's not as great, but there are a few things I enjoy more than Halo and rift is really enjoyable.
>>
Is it even worth getting back into this, the first dlc pack was such garbage, is TTK worth the $30? I get so many mixed signals
>>
>>315333468

I have a friend who has 1700 hours in this game and managed to get into the top 100 in crucible for xb1/360
>>
>>315341076
halo was relatively pure, being all gun/grenade/melee, but super powers/parkour shit has infested everything now ever since COD kill streak rewards. i just assume the PVP is for shits and giggles in Destiny anyhow. no sense in trying to take it seriously.
>>
>>315341264
TTK is basically what they should've released in the first place. i'd say its worth it.
>>
>>315340001
Was pretty average to me. The only remotely fun to use weapons were the handcannons and shotguns and they were both much more satisfying to use in Killzone 2. All the other weapons are awful.
>>
>>315341423
Damn, see at the same time that pisses me off, all the first year customers get shafted with bare minimum content, while if you buy it now, you get all the goodies for half the price, and for a game that relies on a steady stream of content updates to stay afloat, that's an absolute sin.
>>
>>315335585
>diablo loot system

now why would you lie like that, when they clearly used generic mmo drop systems, such as WoW's drop system
>>
my xbox came with destiny and EA Access

Titanfall is way more fun than Destiny to be honest family
>>
>>315341309
Which is what pisses me off the most. The one part of the game that's not just a grindfest just feels like an after thought.
>>
>>315341668
they took the Diablo 3 approach
Release a shit game as a cashgrab, then use the profits to make an actual decent game after people rage.
>>
What is there to do in this game anyway? I played for like 15 hours and got bored from the grind. Wasn't worth my time to grind away the same content for a new gun that was a little bit better.
>>
>>315341668
i was into the promise so i enjoy playing it for a couple months, dropping until the next expac. it's activision they are dicks, but i like the game and the universe they created, and i'll come back once in a while. just because they sell it doesn't mean i need it, but i've never been one to compulsively complete all the shit just because it's there. i probably play it the way people hope to play No Man's Sky.

>>315341820
i don't think they want anyone taking it seriously. seems pretty deliberate.
>>
When they gonna make the loot and 'skill trees' less boring? Not nearly enough variation between the classes or guns.
>>
>>315342275
Destiny 2 ;)
>>
>>315333468

It's becuase theres barely anything else to play you dingbat.

Out of all the new shit, Destiny is one of the least worst games out there and people are so desperate for something that they're willing to play Destiny.

It's still a shit game and Bungie is still retarted. It amazes me how Bungie devs can wake up and not forget how to breathe.
>>
>>315334368

across 4 consoles, maybe.

You also have to accout borrowed copies, rented copies, copies bought, then sold back, and then The Taken King expansion.
>>
File: 1445914542976.png (255KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
1445914542976.png
255KB, 400x599px
>>315333468
>3 hours a day average
>average
Meaning there can be a huge number of people who play barely at all but the number is bumped up by grindlords who play an excessive amount of hours every day.
>>
>>315342743
>retarted
i'm sure lots of things amaze you.

the game is a grindy cocktease but he's right: what, are you gonna play COD? FO4? What else are you playing now, especially on console?
>>
>>315342998

I have a headache, don't lecture me on my grammar Mr. Wilson.
>>
>Company has to start a competition with cash reward to increase user base and sales
>Make said competition artificially hard and time consuming to increase play time slewing the stats.
>Come onto /v/ to shill to get any sales they can to make up for ridiculous budget in which most went to advertising.
>Zero game play mechanics or skill needed

>"b-but... It's le good game with good memes"
Garbage game, garbage community.
>>
>>315333468
>5 million new users in the last three months

Didn't it get a massive update that also fixed a lot of the problems of the game just a few months ago?
>>
>>315343285
there's a cash reward for something in destiny?
>>
>>315334478

People here hate seeing garbage being eaten up because of a market that is so starved for great games that people will try to latch on to anything.

I posted how much I hated RE: Revelations here a day ago and pointed out things objectively wrong with it and its sequel and people still defended those with little more than "idk man i just like it"
>>
File: 1436257447554.jpg (74KB, 453x479px) Image search: [Google]
1436257447554.jpg
74KB, 453x479px
>>315333468
because /v/ is incapable of having fun
>>
>>315343590
ya, the industry is at a historic low. destiny is the cosby show rerun of shooters right now.
>>
>>315333468
The game is dead though.

Why is it so hard to believe they've made up bullshit numbers?

The fact they leave out the number of people still playing tells you it's dying.

They mention how many players they've had.

How many players they've gotten. They even count the ones that tried the game once and never played again.

But they never tell you how many have dropped the game all together.

Fuck off back to /vg/ shill.
>>
Why are there so many loading screens in Destiny, that's what really ticks me off about the game. They aren't short either
>>
File: 1406582951431.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1406582951431.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>315333468
>Activison can take comfort in the fact that Destiny's popularity continues to grow
>continues to grow
>saying that immediately after pointing out that the average playtime is the same as almost a year ago
This is some self deceptive shit.
>>
The huge number of players is attributed to all of the autistic fucking 12 year olds who sit in Crucible all day and play Destiny like it's the next fucking CoD. Majority of them don't own all the DLC, don't play raids, don't hunt for exotic weapons and don't ever hit the max light level.

Only the top percentage of players do the hard raid.
It's supposed to be the best part of the game.
What's wrong with these normies?
>>
Lol, isn't this that game that cost millions and has been out done by that free to play game Warframe? Gotta hurt a little, good thing stupid kids eat this shit up or Bungie would be done haha. Too bad they got their successful franchise stolen by Microsoft.
>>
>>315343573
When the user base started to drop drastically they made a content update with a new raid.

First raid group to finish/clear the boss gets
a large cash prize.
>>
File: ExcitedWrestler.gif (2MB, 298x188px) Image search: [Google]
ExcitedWrestler.gif
2MB, 298x188px
tfw I ordered a brand new copy on ebay for cheap and waiting for it to arrive on my doorstep and play it on my newly bought Xbone with my gaming friend
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.