[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just ordered this. What am I in for? Also, anyone have recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: E.X.TROOPERS.full.1272514.jpg (666KB, 1772x2053px) Image search: [Google]
E.X.TROOPERS.full.1272514.jpg
666KB, 1772x2053px
Just ordered this. What am I in for? Also, anyone have recommendations for games worth importing for PS3?
>>
I don't know. I imported it, but haven't opened it yet.
>>
It's a lot of fun and has a kick-ass soundtrack.
The whole game really takes the "anime" style to a new level and it looks amazing.
Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost is really fun, too.
Extreme VS Force is coming to the Vita, though, so you might want to wait for that.
>>
>>315323396
what is the diffirence between them? Worth it if I don't speak japanese, and know fuck all about Gundam?
>>
>>315322906
Fuuuuck, I need to go back to this. I put it down for some reason and haven't played it since. But it's so fucking good.

Also I have a question for those who have gotten far or have beaten it, when do you actually get to use mechs?
>>
bump for other suggestions
>>
>>315323505
Extreme vs aracde like and focused on2 v 2 pvp while vs Force seems more like a cheap cash in more based on pve.

If you want multiplayer get vs it doesnt require knowledge about gundam as long as you enjoy pvp
>>
Is that Initial D game any good?
What about this http://www.play-asia.com/hakuna-matata-english-chinese-version-playstation3-the-best-ps3/13/706dkv since the version released here is impossible to find
>>
>>315322906
Okami HD, the Hong Kong release runs in English. Nice having a retail copy.
>>
File: Aquanaut_holiday_ps3.png (220KB, 260x300px) Image search: [Google]
Aquanaut_holiday_ps3.png
220KB, 260x300px
>>315325147
I have that (known as Afrika here in the UK), it's only ok, there are better simulation titles. Particularly Endless Ocean 1 and 2 for the Wii imo.

Aquanut is the real rarity, would like to try it, but incredibly expensive to obtain the Asian/English release.
>>
>>315325147

It's a port from an arcade game, its okay but psp version its way better.
>>
Good thread gang.

Final bump.
>>
>>315322906
>I just bought a game blindly, what am I in for?

Are these the worst threads on /v/?
>>
The gameplay isnt THAT great but its still fun. Lock on run and gunner.

Art styles amazing, soundtracks great anime techno shit. Wish someone would fucking translate it.
>>
>>315327515
>Neptunia threads
>Fallout threads
>Threads claiming leaks about the nintendo directs
>>
>>315322906
A sleeper hit that deserves more attention than it gets because it came out at a time when Capcom's reputation was deep in the shitter. It takes anime style to a light hearted and fun caricature level. The soundtrack is boss too.
>>
File: EXTroopers.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EXTroopers.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>315324087
You only get to pilot Gingira and only for a few specific missions. Most of the time you're on foot. When you do get to pilot shit gets fucking crazy though.
>>
>>315322906
The Gundam Breaker games are pretty fun imports. They're fairly simple and there are guides out there for the translations. They're also fun co-op.

As >>315323396 said, Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost is great, but it doesn't have a lot of single player content since it's technically an arcade fighting game. Not to mention playing online can be daunting since it has quite a steep learning curve and you'll most likely be confined to a fairly meager amount of NA rooms. If you're willing to take the time to learn the game it's incredibly rewarding and fun.
>>
>>315325430
what do you means runs in english?
like it gives you the initial language option to run it in english?
>>
>>315322906

It's Lost Planet minus the terrible shit. Basically you get fast paced combat, wacky guns/characters (assuming you can read/speak moon), and it's all done in a comic book style.
>>
>>315330056
God I want to get to that part.
>>
>>315333129
Am I fucked if I can't read/speak moon?
>>
>>315334049

Not at all. The game provides really simple directions by way of flashing arrows, so you'll never be confused as to where you have to go. There's also plenty of Youtube walkthroughs if you need them.
>>
>>315334049
For the story... yes.
For the gameplay... no.

The only problem you may have it's with the secondary objetives in the VR missions.
>>
File: EXCafe.jpg (123KB, 528x934px) Image search: [Google]
EXCafe.jpg
123KB, 528x934px
>>315322906
Get ready to play for the 3rd year anniversary, the jap fans are getting ready to get together to play online again around that time, because online is dead most of the time anymore.

Also dumb guide, only use it for the passworded costumes and weapons at the bottom of it.
http://pastebin.com/ZEDRBCm5
>>
>>315334538
It's funny how the fat girl have a thin version of herself and you can play with both versions.
>>
>>315334538
Radical!
Thank you for the pastebin
>>
File: EXBell.png (326KB, 610x635px) Image search: [Google]
EXBell.png
326KB, 610x635px
>>315334957
Well she's best space waifu for a reason, you got choices.
>>
>>315334965
I guess to also let you know, best time to try catching anyone for multiplayer is on the weekends, in the afternoon/evenings japan time, you might run into a few other people just wandering into multiplayer lobbies every couple of hours normally but the majority of people still playing do so on those days. I still play it rather reguarly so maybe I'll run into you at some point.
>>
>>315336201
Cool. my psn is DoublesGuy
Unfortunately, I am not expecting my copy for another month, because shipping takes forever
>>
>>315322906
So lost planet 3 came out for the 3DS in Japan only? damn.

I wonder if there's any chance of a fan translation.
>>
>>315336732
3DS + PS3, and someone was working on a fan translation a couple months ago for the PS3 version
>>
>>315336874
Thomas James? I'd be fine with either version honestly. Between this and Lost Planet 2 never going on sale Capcom really doesn't seem to think the series did well in the west. I remember LP1 doing alright back in the day.
>>
>What am I in for?
You'll find out when it arrives, dingus.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.