[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has finally settled, what do you really think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

Now that the dust has finally settled, what do you really think of Arkham Asylum?
>>
It was good. And that's more then you can say for just about any other non-arkham batman game.
>>
It was a pretty cool game to be honest brethren.
>>
It was great. Made me really feel like the goddamn Batman. Arkham City made the combat a bit more interesting. AO and AK went full retard though, each for their own reasons
>>
>>315304918
The actually good Batman TAS game I've always wanted but never got, even if the art style was more "realistic". Oh and making Barbara go off the Killing Joke canon is way better than her mary sue lesbian version from TAS.
>>
Great game when first released, pretty damn good game now. Best atmosphere of them all

City improved combat and open world was nice but it didn't have the same feel as Asylum. They're both great but for different reasons
>>
>tfw I honestly prefer Origins over City
Better story, better setup (a part of Gotham during winter instead of an incredibly stupid cordoned off part of the city where somehow Mayor got people to leave their homes and give them to criminals), way more focused and coherent in general, better combat (faster and enemies are more aggressive).
City felt like it tried to cram EVERYTHING into the main story (instead of relegating some things to side quests) and as such it feels like a cluttered mess.
I know I'm in the minority but for me it's Asylum > Origins > City
Haven't played Knight yet, waiting until all the DLCs and shit are done so I can grab GOTY or w/e edition for cheap.
>>
>>315304918
It has the best atmosphere in the series, but looking back now, the gameplay is really basic and easier compared to the later Arkham games.
I'd say the best in the series overall is City. Origins could have been better but it was a glitchy mess and they forced Joker into the story when he should have just been a side mission.
Arkham Knight had the chance to be the best Batman game of them all, but they really fucked that up.
In the end I'd say it goes City>Asylum>Knight>Origins.
>>
why not just play assassins creed /10 desu
>>
>>315304918
the best of it's series and one of the best licensed games ever (if not the best)
>>
>>315307371
I vastly preferred Origins Joker to City Joker, actually. City Joker was just a nuisance hogging the limelight.
>>
It's good entertainment. It's not that challenging, but it's the best Batman game around.
>>
>>315307539
senpai tbqh baka
>>
>>315307719
It's not just the Joker, it's the entire plot.
City just lacks focus.
OH SHIT STRANGE KNOWS YOUR IDENTITY, STOP HIM
OH WAIT BUT NOW TWO FACE IS RAISING A RUCKUS SO BETTER IGNORE STRANGE AND JUST GO AFTER TWO FACE
GREAT YOU STOPPED TWO FACE BUT NOW JOKER INFECTED ALL HOSPITALS
BUT NOW PENGUIN IS SHIPPING GUNS OVER
BUT NOW THIS BUT NOW THAT AND IT JUST KEEPS FORCING YOU TO IGNORE THE TWO ACTUALLY IMPORTANT PLOT POINTS THAT FEEL VERY THREATENING (Joker infecting hospitals, Strange knowing Bruce = Batman) to deal with fucking miniscule shit that should be relegated to Robin and Nightwing.
>>
>>315308276
Also then Ras al Ghul shows up out of nowhere with literally no build up and dies 10 minutes later also with no buildup and Strange is made out to be just a bitch when actually confronted.
The plot is a clusterfuck of bad ideas and irrational shit.
Origins actually has direction even if it's just Joker & Bane: The Game
>>
File: Batman_Beyond_soundtrack.png (354KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Beyond_soundtrack.png
354KB, 500x500px
Good start to a great series.

In my opinion every game has been an upgrade to its predecessor (not counting origins for obvious reasons) and i'm sad to see it's over.

But i'm kind of hyped and hoping to see a new batman series with Terry McGinnis
>>
Can anyone explain to me why Origins is bad that isn't a "MUH CONROY/HAMILL" and PC port being shit bitching?
>>
>>315308696
A Batman Beyond video game in the style of Arkham would be gucci.
>>
I really like it. I haven't played City, Origins or Knight yet, but they look good as well.
>>
>>315308428
>Origins actually has direction even if it's just Joker & Bane: The Game

What I found strange was people bitching about Joker, when it was clearly Bane that was written shittily in Origins. One minute he and his whole gang is talking about killing the Joker next, then suddenly he's letting the joker set up some retarded system where one of them has to die.
>>
>>315304918
It was great aside from the absolutely terrible fucking bosses.

The combat isn't as good as later installments either.
>>
File: Batman5.jpg (58KB, 762x573px) Image search: [Google]
Batman5.jpg
58KB, 762x573px
>>315308967
I'd absolutely jizz my pants if rocksteady came up with a way to make it work. So many great new situations and characters to work with.

But the series was all about style, so it'd be of utmost importance to catch that in the game. else it'd just be a soulless sandbox or whatever it's going to be.
>>
>>315308997
>then suddenly he's letting the joker set up some retarded system where one of them has to die
I don't think you remember the game.
Joker is the one that sets up the riot in Blackgate before Bane even gets there.
Bane wants first and foremost a duel to the death with Batman (and to kill him first), he said so himself that Joker comes after. Why would he kill Joker if he's still of some use when Batman is alive and is the prime target?
Heck, if Bane won Joker would've died fried on that electric chair.
>>
City > Origins > Asylum > Knight
>>
File: GHUEHUEHUE.gif (310KB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
GHUEHUEHUE.gif
310KB, 300x182px
>>315309451
>hating on knight

all these bandwagon babbies
>>
>>315304918
My outright favourite followed by Origins.
>>
>>315309640
PC port is objectively fucked, as was the PC port of Origins (but nowhere near as bad).
>>
>>315307371
I agree with you anon

For me though it's

AA>AO>AK>AC.
>>
>>315308997
Did you miss the part where Bane puts Joker in an electric chair that's set to go off the second one of them dies?
>>
>>315309905
Well I haven't played Knight yet so I can't judge it.
But really it wouldn't surprise me if it was better than City since from what I heard it's a great game with a bad PC port and too many Batmobile sections.
>>
File: elfLOL.gif (860KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
elfLOL.gif
860KB, 500x281px
>>315309795
>a game is shit because you can't play it on your toaster

are you trying to kill me with laughter? bet you haven't even played it and still put it up there without having any idea
>>
File: 234298029384.png (63KB, 145x146px) Image search: [Google]
234298029384.png
63KB, 145x146px
>>315309640
Batmobile was a shit addition, bro. It COULD have been nice to have a batmobile, but they made it into a tank taking out hundreds of other tanks in a way that was just fucking tedious.

>batmobile stuck underneath feargas-fog
>Batman dives in to insert the new power source slow like molasses, risking his life because he needs the batmobile
>then it turns out Lucian had an unpainted spare all along tucked away in some garage
>>
>>315310112
At least put some effort into the bait
>>
>>315310212
oh i'm dead serious. the fact that it doesnt work for SOME people on ONE of the three platforms doesnt make it a bad game. thats just too bad for the babbies who can't play it
>>
>>315310542
Here's your reply, last one you will get out of me.
>>
>>315310212
>>315310698
well at least you confirmed you haven't even played AK by blatantly ignoring that one statement.

top kek.
>>
File: worksonmymachine.png (30KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
worksonmymachine.png
30KB, 200x193px
>>315309795
I'm sorry for you
actually, I'm not
>>
>>315304918

AC>AK>AO, though none of them are bad games.

AA is so different it is honestly hard to place. It's definitely better than Origins, but I could see arguments for it being placed anywhere else.
>>
File: Batface.jpg (13KB, 77x112px) Image search: [Google]
Batface.jpg
13KB, 77x112px
>arkham knight worked on my machine
>almost 100% it
>still going to try and get a refund because of the shitty delay on the DLC stuff and because of the insult that was "you'll get all the other Arkham games you already own, and free TF2 items!"

I honestly didn't expect to get anything from the deal. I just feel insulted that they thought no-one would notice their little scheme of giving away games that 95% of the owners of Arkham Knight would already have and TF2 stuff they're making TF2 create for free.
>>
>>315307371
Agree

Also dat snow and dem Christmas ornaments.

Shame the indoor levels were shit though.
>>
>>315306257
>lesbian
she was a coal burner
>>
>>315314083
>coal burner
What? Not a native english speaker.
>>
>>315305031
NES Batman game kicked ass though. And that cartoony Batman&Robin one was good too.
>>
>>315314181
Jigaboo Jester.
>>
>>315314420
CAN YOU SPEAK LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING?
AND NOT IN A FUCKING NIGGER SLANG?
>>
>>315314181
Her husband was a nigger.
>>
>>315314682
Oh. Thanks anon.
I was referring to that lesbian phase she had with Harley and Ivy in the comics tho.
>>
File: Schway nun.jpg (315KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Schway nun.jpg
315KB, 1600x1200px
>Inque
>Blight
>Spellbinder
>Royal Flush Gang
>Mad Stan

das it
>>
File: 312425355234322.png (144KB, 360x311px) Image search: [Google]
312425355234322.png
144KB, 360x311px
>>315315475
>influx of Inque and Ten's lewds
>>
>>315308276
>>315308428

You shit heads don't get it. City was supposed to be hectic like that. It was supposed to be a gauntlet of endurance for Batman. Often times not only was there a problem one after another, but several problems going off at once that he had to tackle. This wasn't an example of what happens when all of his villains team up to take him out, but instead an example of all his villains being set loose at once and they each have their own agenda. You notice it as the game goes on, just how this gauntlet was affecting him. This was supposed to be his worse night ever.

And all of that shit going on at once is why he wasn't able to pick up on the Joker twist. There were enough clues there that he could have figured it out, but because he was trying to take care of so many different things, he was sucker punched by it and didn't pick any of them up.

The hectic nature of the plot was intentional.
>>
File: 1391152952044.png (525KB, 399x582px) Image search: [Google]
1391152952044.png
525KB, 399x582px
>mfw the Professor Pyg sidequest in AK
>>
>>315309640
the game is literally permanently broken how is that not the worst game?
>>
>>315318548
not on decent machines

also
>being unable to separate performance from game design

desudesu, baka gaijin, etc
>>
>>315304918
Knight>Everything
Too bad that it has the batmobile it's such a piece of shit, i was mad about joker being in again but he's fucking hilarious i love it.
>>
I enjoyed it for a while.

I never actually finished it because it starts to get really repetitive a couple hours in.
>>
>>315318908
it requires 12GB of ram on windows 10 just to not stutter and has numerous memory leaks not even a "decent rig" is going to save you from this
>>
File: 2015-06-20_00001.jpg (134KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-20_00001.jpg
134KB, 1440x900px
>>315304918
AK>AC>AA>AO
>>
>>315319445
poop and farts come from there why are you posting it here
>>
>>315308894

I liked it personally. It was a great Joker/Batman origin story, although it is disappointing we didn't get a game based on the original premise of Black Mask. But for what it was, it was a good version of their first encounter.

Also, I loved the addition of the Martial Artist. Especially on the higher difficulties when counter indicators were turned off, they made the fight dynamics really interesting.

Also, even though the lobby system was shit, and it was buggy as fuck, when you got a game of the multiplayer going, it was fucking fantastic. When it worked, it worked great. Being Batman or Robin felt perfect, and the close up locked camera view for the thugs made it you feel paranoid all the time. They could have made the thugs a little more interesting to play, but there were some neat gadgets here and there. It was great ground work that I'm disappointed didn't get expanded upon by Rocksteady.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.