[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like playing an RPG and PC is all I have, /V/. What should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1403953125694.jpg (81KB, 679x569px) Image search: [Google]
1403953125694.jpg
81KB, 679x569px
I feel like playing an RPG and PC is all I have, /V/. What should I [S]pirate[/S]?
>>
>>313250245
Going to Wal Mart later guys, what should I [S]shoplift?[/S]
>>
>>313250309
[s]rude[/s]
>>
>>313250245
>and PC is all I have
I'm sorry you only get to play the best RPGs, avoid anything after 2005 and pick almost anything before then and you'll probably be set.
>>
>>313250245
Soma
It's in my top 10 list of games and maybe even top 5.
>>
>>313250245
>I feel like playing an RPG and PC is all I have, /V/

Aside from the fact that you are baiting, you are on the best platform for RPGs. If you're more used to console RPGs, get a blobber like Wizardry 8 or something.
>>
>>313250245
I will never understand how people still fuck up spoilers this bad. Stop posting from your fucking phones and get back to work, you niggers.
>>
>>313250420
>>313250370

Are the older bioware stuff any good? My only experience with them is from Mass Effect and DA:I

I'm not really sure what to play
>>
File: 785-8.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
785-8.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>313250245
>>
>>313250605
>I'm not really sure what to play
If you're willing to play some old shit with old graphics you could try something like the Might & Magic series, which is basically like party-based TES that allows you from the 6th game onwards to fly around an open world map and cast Meteor Shower on peasants, or Fallout 1&2 / Planescape : Torment / Arcanum a.k.a. the Holy Trinity of RPGs with great stories, stats and your choices giving off lots of reactivity. There's also stuff like Gothic and Divine Divinity.

However these games are pretty old. By the dawn of Source Engine you have a /v/ fan-favorite, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, a highly customizable Deus Ex-style RPG that needs a massive, still updated fan patch to be playable.

/v/ also talks a lot about the Bethesda Fallout games, they're basically TES with guns but New Vegas has some good writing from the people who made the originals. Not a PC exclusive, though (though it plays best on PC due to mods).

>Are the older bioware stuff any good?
Baldur's Gate, KotOR, and Jade Empire are all pretty good games. BioWare's best game is definitely Baldur's Gate 2. KotOR comes with a sequel by Obsidian which is considered better but also buggier (typical of Obsidian). Neverwinter Nights has a shitload of fan modules made for it which are all better than the base game and some can be strong contenders for some of the best RPGs ever, and the HotU campaign isn't bad either.

It'd be better if we had any clue if you like turn-based and what you seek in RPGs, and what RPG experience have you got on consoles.
>>
>>313251075

Think I'm checking out Vampire: the Masquerade, the game looks really interesting

I'm fine with turn based RPGs but I'm looking for something more action based atm and I grew up playing jrpgs on consoles (Mostly on Ps1/2) so I'm not very familiar with the western rpgs.

I've only played a handful which include:

>ME series
>DA:I
>TES 3,4 and 5
>Deus ex series
>Grimrock
>Banner Saga
>FTL

And other pretty big names but you get the idea
>>
>>313251493
>looking for something more action based
Go with Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire to see how far Bioware have fallen. Throw in KotOR 2 for more Star Wars/scfi goodness, Vampire the Maquerade: Bloodlines for urban fantasy, and the Gothic games for fantasy.
>>
>>313251837

Alright, thanks for the help anon
>>
>>313251874
Pretty much everything named in >>313251075
is good stuff, I just picked the more actiony ones out.
>>
>>313251493
You'll fucking love VtM:B if you liked Deus Ex. Just remember the Wesp's Unofficial Patch.

Also, if you liked Grimrock, you might want to try out Arx Fatalis.
>>
File: Chloe-Grace-Moretz.jpg (27KB, 635x454px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe-Grace-Moretz.jpg
27KB, 635x454px
>>313250245
is that chloe grace mortez?

disregard OP, this is now a chloe thread.
>>
>>313250245
Divinity: Orginal Sin is one of the better ones released in the last few years. It's very good.
>>
wena nido
>>
>>313250245
Who's the semen demon?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.