[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone tell me what the fuck happened with the better cities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Can anyone tell me what the fuck happened with the better cities mod. Every other city works but this one place.
>>
>>313238478
bad load order, probably a conflict with unique landscapes, either search for the compatibility patches (there are a fucking bunch) or redo your load order (use BOSS, LOOT goes full retarded for oblivion)
>>
>>313238832
Holy shit thank you! It was LOOT fucking me, I read somewhere LOOT was better for oblivion.
>>
File: 2015-10-10_00002.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-10_00002.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
>>313239102
youre welcome anon, good luck
>>
>tfw beefy system
>can't put it all to use on Oblivion
>Don't want to touch skyrim
>>
>>313239102
>I read somewhere LOOT was better for oblivion.
pretty good bait
>>
While on the subject, is open cities worth using?

To me it feels like it would just add even more lag and broken NPC*s and stuff so I've always avoided it. And I mean, I don't mind having a loading screen for entering a city.
>>
Why do the cities in Oblivion feel so much more like actual towns and cities than they do in Skyrim?
>>
>>313241262
not really but some of the cities in OCR are pretty cool
>>
>>313241358
Probably because the are slightly larger and more generic.

Like, every nook and cranny in a Skyrim town feel like a special landmark. So the town feels kinda tiny since you always recognize things.

Meanwhile, stuff like Leyawiin and Balmora where everything looks the same you get lost a bit easier and things feel a bit bigger.

That's my two cents at least.
>>
>>313241149
I am being serious
>>
>>313241836
whoever wrote it wasn't.
>>
>>313241748
That's actually an interesting point about the repetitive nature of Oblivion's cities and it actually helping them. I've never thought about it that way but you might be right. I wonder how Fallout 4 is going to feel, in terms of towns, settlements and such.
>>
File: Best Cities.webm (3MB, 1884x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Best Cities.webm
3MB, 1884x1052px
>>313241358
They are bigger with better architecture and the NPCs actually do things.

>>313241984
They aren't really repetitive, there is more variety in Oblivion compared to Skyrim.

Fallout 4 has the biggest city in Bethesda history and no loading screens so it should be good.
>>
How do you guys deal with the level scaling in Oblivion?
I really want to get back into the game because the atmosphere was cozy but the combat feels so spongey/grindy later on... should I be min-maxing or abusing enchantments or some shit? Or do I just stay low-level or is there a trick to it?
>>
>>313242043
Is that mod in the gif actually called "Best Cities"?
My friend has been replaying Skyrim again and all it has made me want to do is replay Oblivion instead. So many memorable quests in Oblivion. That one DB one where you're locked in the house and have to find out which quest is the killer? So much fun.
>>
Is there a that add dymnamic shadows back to Oblivion?

I might touch it again if there's a mod like that.
>>
>>313242604
>caring about the graphics in a game as ugly as Oblivion
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.