[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing this motherfucker right now and is it me or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 54009_front.jpg (73KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
54009_front.jpg
73KB, 640x908px
I'm playing this motherfucker right now and is it me or is the game way too easy? I'm near the end I'm guess (I'm at the chapter where you're initially followed around by Sae after you lose your camera, but I found said camera and got way past that part). I just realized, I have a fuckton of healing items, 16 Herbal Medicines, like 6 Spiritual Waters, and one Stone Spirit. I'm basically fucking invincible right now and I'm taking out ghosts left and right with Type-14 film. I think I liked the first game more. The difficulty of that one was brutal but it also really added to the atmosphere of the game.
>>
you could always challenge yourself
>>
Fatal Frame 2 is definitely the easiest of the Fatal Frame games but it's not like any of its successors are particularly hard either. Only 1 is any kind of challenging thanks to untranslated puzzles and the old monk.
>>
That is the one thing I liked more about the first game: the ghosts generally presented more of a threat in it. Some of those ghosts that just randomly wandered around were extremely deadly, which helped keep the tension high.

Fatal Frame 2 does have some unlockable difficulty modes and is generally pretty replayable, though, which is nice. The unlockable challenge/mission mode is pretty fun too.
>>
>>313232280

The first game in the series is actually my favorite; the Himuro mansion has a much darker, dingier setting than the other games. Not that they're any slouch in the atmosphere department on their own merits but it's almost like they're brighter and cleaner in comparison, whereas the Himuro mansion feels so fucking oppressive you could cut the tension with a knife.
>>
I thought 3 was the hardest.
>>
>>313232461

I need to replay 3 but I don't recall it being much worse than 2. I mostly just remember finding it way too long for its own good.
>>
is the 4th game any good?
>>
>>313232760

Yes, but it comes with the caveat of not being localized and having considerable performance issues. The setting takes a shift for the modern, the camera angle is over the shoulder now, and there's a mostly harmless grabbing mechanic. Otherwise, it's basically 3 but with better pacing and the fat trimmed.
>>
They're all pretty easy, but the last boss of 3 was a bitch.

2>4>3=1

Come at me
>>
>>313233139

1>2>=4>3
>>
>A mini-map as well as the system that shows the player where each key goes from Mask of the Lunar Eclipse has been incorporated into this game.

seriously? why not just make the game play itself?
>>
>>313232896
>The setting takes a shift for the modern
The story of 4 is set in the 70s.
>>
>>313232443
I think I prefer the second one overall, but I can definitely understand where you're coming from. FF1's atmosphere and setting are hard to outmatch.

>>313232461
The only thing I recall having trouble with in 3 was the inexplicably deadly stroller grandma.
>>
>>313233545

Compared to ancient Japanese mansions and villages some of 4's locales might as well be considered "modern".
>>
>>313231472

Not all survival horror needs to be heavy on the survivor aspects, yeah you shouldn't just walk through rooms but heavy horror isn't bad if done right
>>
>>313231472
I thought the first game was too hard. I'm glad 2 was easier, because I made my cousin play it while I just watched. She made me do the last boss though. She wasn't skilled enough handle the first game so I had to do most of it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.