[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anthropologist take on MMOs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 8008655.0001.001.jpg (56KB, 166x250px) Image search: [Google]
8008655.0001.001.jpg
56KB, 166x250px
Normie fag here, just thought I'd share something I found interesting that my anthropology teacher showed me.

>http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?cc=toi;c=toi;idno=8008655.0001.001;rgn=full%20text;view=toc;xc=1;g=dculture
>>
>>313003185
You are not a normie, you are posting on /v/. Also I hope you're not majoring in anthro you will have no job at the end.
>>
i fucking hate elves
>>
I miss the days when WoW was actually relevant.
>>
>>313003241
Okay, fag here. And no, my major is physics.

>I'm a /tg/ fag, not used to /v/
>>
>>313003241
Could be worse, he could be in my major Game and App Development
>>
>>313003767
I'm... so sorry... anon.
>>
>>313003185
>Ann Arbor
Looking forward to smashing little brother this weekend, anon?
>>
>>313004770
It doesn't seem like it's that useless, all the classes are pretty useful. I wouldn't have even bothered if my technical brothers said it was worthless.
I just had to change my major, and it was the only thing I actually wanted to pursue. Medical Assistant classes were stupidly difficult for what it actually is.
>>
>>313003185
>normie fag
Its either normie or normalfag
REEEEE

>>313003241
He could teach. Other anthropology majors. Thus continuing the vicious cycle.
>>
File: Garithos_portrait.jpg (25KB, 177x188px) Image search: [Google]
Garithos_portrait.jpg
25KB, 177x188px
>>313003521
I wonder who's behind this post . . .
>>
File: c1.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
c1.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>313003241
>not double majoring in a hard science and a soft science
I'm surrounded by plebeians.
>>
File: i dont need to add text, do I.jpg (547KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
i dont need to add text, do I.jpg
547KB, 500x375px
>>313005765
>>
As an anthropologist (stop laughing), she's really not saying much that hasn't been said a thousand times before. I'm honestly quite disappointed with her "ethnography", if you can even call it that--all she did was announce the shocking revelation that..people play video games. People that also do other things. No data to speak of, no observations, no nothing.

Frankly, the piece would have been way better served if she went to an RP server or something, or looked at hardcore guilds. Much more interesting and much more meaty. The entirety of the "Gender" section was just a boring attempt at making the piece "sexy" to the masses.
>>
>>313006503
That's fair, however I would counter that most things I've learned in anthropology have been things that have been said a thousand times before. What interests me is the structure and perspective that anthropology brings to the topic.

>This was also probably written for non gamers, so pasting it here might have been stupid...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.