[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moments when the Random Number God has fucked you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: nowhy.png (229KB, 512x430px) Image search: [Google]
nowhy.png
229KB, 512x430px
GODAMMIT
>>
Every playthrough of FTL I've done.
>>
Fire emblem, 3 crits on my units which only had 1% chance of happening.
>>
>>312638484
Sounds like someone needs to git gud.
>>
>>312638683
>getting crystal cruiser before the revamp of acquiring cruisers
nah. Its just russian roulette with 5 chambers loaded
>>
File: XBLA_Shopkeep.png (43KB, 187x179px) Image search: [Google]
XBLA_Shopkeep.png
43KB, 187x179px
>>312638270
In one of my most recent Spelunky runs I got to Olmec and the lava didn't spawn, so the game was unbeatable.

I've also had so many fucking times in the Shopkeeper Market where some off-screen orange frog explodes while I'm buying shit and agros all them assholes it's not funny.
>>
>>312638270
ruins are not really rng tho
there is a script that makes sure you get different things
>>
>>312639434
Yes I am aware.

But he fact the scripts generate all the useless ruins around you is frustrating,
>>
>>312638818
Shame the game isnt like BoI, at least in BoI you can compensate for shitty rng by correct movement
>>
>>312638270
>he doesn't play with the mod that makes scouts have an upgrade that allows them to choose a reward when when they find ruins
>>
>>312639746
with some tactics you can make fights more or less painful in FTL too. Only problem is that BOI allows you to win the game with the starter stats. It is just really hard. FTL forces you to upgrade to stand a chance which means that if you are far behind on the power curve you get fucked over more likely
>>
>>312639860
>scouts find weapons
>scout with two survival upgrades
>all the hordes of enemies you can now hold

>>312639969
Reminds me to add the mod for freeplay, which removes the fucking boss ship.
Flak cannon and drone runs are so god damn fun but man, it sucks 90% of the time against the boss.
>>
>>312639860
>the Shoshone already having that bonus naturally
>implying cheating is excusable

Getcho dishonorable ass out of here
>>
>>312639746
How to win in FTL:
1. High evasion
Congratulations, you won!
>>
>>312640332
Or stealth
Or boarding crew
>>
>>312640332
cloak lvl 1 for energy outbursts.
>>
>>312640142
I forget to add as well, if you spawn in an area with low production, theres a possibility nearby civs will collect the ruins first. Though thats mainly only a problem on Marathon speed.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.