[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help an aspiring Let's Player?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: 103766414.jpg (261KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
103766414.jpg
261KB, 800x449px
Hey guys so I could really use some help. I want to become a Let's Player/Live Streamer and maybe even possibly end up working for RoosterTeeth one day. I'm having a lot of trouble starting out getting views and such and so I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts or suggestions?

I'll answer any questions you might have within reason as well. Help me live the dream guys! But please if you don't like how I do things it's fine to say so but I'm looking for helpful feedback more than anything.

Here's a link to my most recent video
https://youtu.be/-6tipg7eja8
>>
>54
ZZZZZzzzzzz
>>
>working for RoosterTeeth
First of all, you must be 18+ to post here.
>>
>>293424387
cut the time down
>>
>>293424671
I'm 23...
>>
interview games that are so obscure that your let's play will be on the first page when people search the name for gameplay footage

but not so obscure that people don't search for it at all
>>
>>293424736
>>
suck my dick
>>
>>293424387

it would help if you had a gimmick or unique character to help you stand out against the other Let's Players.

You already have a capture card, that's the hardest part right there. Now you just need an exciting marketable idea to go with it.

Why not just say absurd racist and politically incorrect shit while you play?

I don't know of any Let's Players who do that. And you'd resonate with the /v/ community just fine.
>>
>possibly end up working for rooster teeth
they're already dead
>>
>>293424716
What length of time would you consider ideal?

>>293424736
I have Let's Plays for American McGee's Alice and Metroid Prime too obscure maybe?
>>
>>293424387
I'm only a couple minutes in but you've already made self-deprecating comments. Usually I watch LPs from people who know shittons about the game and are confident. Self criticism is fine but not if it's all over the place.
>>
>coming to 4chan for help
you will get thumbed down without getting any view
>>
>>293424387
From the video you posted you are a "reactionary" player who constantly mumbles and speaks in a very boring and bland mannerism. The only way you can get away with that is if you're highly knowledgeable about the game in question.
You're shit. You will never be successful mirroring what other people do.

Honestly, tell me, WHY should I or anyone watch you? Think about it.
>>
>>293425175
Ok I'll try to avoid that then thank you!
>>
>>293424387
You sound fat in your video, i suggest stopping that.
>>
File: 14790130.png (269KB, 490x420px) Image search: [Google]
14790130.png
269KB, 490x420px
I don't like your voice.
>>
>>293424387
Don't curse so much, makes you look childish.
Shorter videos is better, not everyone is NEET and has an hour to toss around.
Either get a better mic or better software, you sound like shit.
>>
YOU SOUND GAY
>>
don't play a game that you don't know like the palm of your hand

fuck, I hate let's play with people that get lost and don't know how to play the fucking game
>>
>>293425087
wat
Those games are not obscure
More like Azrael's Tear or Eastern Mind
>>
get a better mic (this is important)

have better titles than just "Let's Play", something that makes you stick out but doesn't try too hard

get a web-cam

be funny
>>
>>293425220
This. OP you just signed your death wish
>>
This is a bait thread, right? Please tell me this is a bait thread.
>>
> 11. Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.
>>
play an indie horror game, insert [I SCREAMED LIKE A LITTLE GIRL] in the title, and you'll get thousands of hits
>>
Adding on to this anon >>293425261

I don't really know if metroid prime is the best game to have a live play of. Post commentary could fit it more just because the game itself is pretty desolate and there's not something to occupy every single moment to keep it interesting. Postcommentary can help you focus on the really important shit and then you can also cover things like lore or scans
>>
>>293425087
15-20 minutes is a good place for my taste, 30 is okay but sometimes I don't want to watch a TV show length lets play, just my opinion.
>>
Do people even still watch lets plays. They're so fucking boring.
>>
>>293424387
don't do that shit at the start of your metroid prime LP. "OH BOY WHAT GAME COULD IT BE?". The name is in the video - literally everyone watching knows already.
>>
Making a thread on /b/ so they can rape OP's channel. Have fun fag
>>
>>293424387
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=metroid+prime+part+1
what makes you think your video will be popular ?
youtube is full of videos of every game you can think of.
want to make it as a let's player ? play the newest meme games and shill them everywhere. i'm serious, it's the only way you can get subscribers these days.
>>
File: king of dragon pass.png (507KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
king of dragon pass.png
507KB, 640x480px
>>293425087
King of Dragon Pass. I'd say go for ten to fifteen minutes, but it really depends on your style of videos.
>>
>>293425768
Not your personal army.
>>
File: 1385871764138.jpg (63KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
1385871764138.jpg
63KB, 340x565px
>>293424387
>aspiring
>let's player

pick one
>>
>>293425768
Jesus, when did they remove forced ID's?
>>
File: 1419378845990.png (100KB, 286x356px) Image search: [Google]
1419378845990.png
100KB, 286x356px
lose the voice, just try to be more chill and less announcery

pick games with some kind of allure to them rather than the usual nintendo game, maybe do a different sort of run compared to the usual vanilla playthrough

keep doing lets plays for a straight year then come back to us if you somehow still haven't gained anything.
>>
look guys i found the 12 year old
>>
>>293425863
Also: Sword of the Stars, any of the Anno games, Thief 1, and Thief 2. Maybe STALKER SoC or CoP and the Overlord games, but I don't know how popular LPs of those are.
>>
>>293425540
A better mic is something I've had my eye on for a while and while what I have is better than what I had I kniw it still isn't great. Also my mic is my web cam, just not quite sure how to edit it in.

>>293425409
Not as much cursing. Got it.

>>293425486
I know Metroid Prime pretty well except for the later parts. But I'll kee that in mind.
>>
Hey fags OP is on /b/!

>>>/b/614103582
>>
>>293426638
and?
>>
>>293426764
And you're a nigger?
>>
>>293424387
Want help? quit and do something else. Lets plays are fucking stupid and EVERYBODY does them. Make something unique or fuck off.
>>
>>293426852
So really though, when did they get rid of the ID's on /b/?
>>
>>293426638
Oh joy someone is trolling me. I specifically didn't go to /b/ because I figured you all would have the better advice. Now this. Wonderful.
>>
>>293426956
Nigger shut up no one cares
>>
>>293426956
Stop being a faggot. You want /v/ to like your shitty lets plays, play along and laugh with them.

Don't do lets plays though. easily the shittiest content RT does. Start doing like review videos, high quality machinima or something like that. Be original.
>>
>>293426514
you should ask yourself: "why do people watch LP"

everyone has its reasons, but for me, I watch LP when I start playing some new game and I want to learn a little bit about the game without having to rely on the wiki all the time, I also like the feeling that I'm progressing through the with someone else

so, know how to play the game

news games are ideal for a starter like you, and later on you can start playing some old games, they are always welcome
>>
>>293427118
well that fell off the board quick.
>>
>>293424387

Get a better mic.

Seems like you're doing the regular gamer guy route so maybe watch Cryaotic, Quill18, Splattercatgaming only because they don't do the Pewdiepie route like Markiplier and still just play like regular dudes but still have something interesting to talk about.

Good luck anon. I've seen even the mid to low range channels get good dosh on twitch from donations.
>>
/v/ is the only real way to get famous
pander to them and the world is yours
>>
>>293424387
Kill yourself.
>>
>>293427516
>/v/ is the only real way to get famous
>pander to them and the world is yours

Is this true...? How do I get /v/ to accept me?
>>
So we're just whoring out our channels now are we?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWi0cGCumuA
Also, your vid's too long
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.