[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever beaten a game in one sitting? If not, how close

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: SotCcoverPAL.jpg (718KB, 1644x2034px) Image search: [Google]
SotCcoverPAL.jpg
718KB, 1644x2034px
Have you ever beaten a game in one sitting?

If not, how close did you get? Indies don't count.

I beat Shadow of the Colossus today in one sitting. Took me 8 hours, first time I've played it since I originally beat it in 2007. I like it even more now than I did back then.
>>
>>291171208
>Indies don't count
But Bastion took me about that long with most of the idols on.
>>
Gameboy Tetris.

It's impossible to pause it on higher levels, because after a pause your adrenaline level won't be high enough to deal with the pace.
>>
>>291171208
I beat Vice City in one go, didnt get 100% and it wasnt the first time i played it but i tore through all the missions, didnt die at all and only got busted twice.
>>
cod 3 mw
>>
Closest I've got was beating MGR in two sittings.
>>
>Indies don't count

When the average AAA game is only about 5 hours long it seems a bit pointless to add that specification
>>
Paper mario
>>
I've beaten many games in one sitting.

Banjo Kazooie
Wario World
Bioshock infinite only disappointment was felt that day
Pikmin 1

There's probably more but I can't remember at the moment.
>>
>>291171990
Most indies are only a couple hours long so it's hardly something extraordinary to beat one in one sitting.

Post an indie game if you're that upset about it.
>>
File: 1370633014401.jpg (45KB, 252x238px) Image search: [Google]
1370633014401.jpg
45KB, 252x238px
MGS 3: Snake Eater

Took me all day since I was recovering from surgery, but it was great.
>>
>>291172013

A speedrun is 11 hours, how fucking long did that take you?
>>
File: hp3besthp.jpg (91KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
hp3besthp.jpg
91KB, 351x500px
>no memory card since "poorfag"
>start at 5AM, finish 10AM
>>
i can just smell the underaged

plenty of NES games didn't have the option to save nor have a password. You mother fuckers had 1 CHANCE. SAVE STATES? AHAHAHAHA

but no, i've never beaten a game in one sitting that had an actual ability to save data. Never saw the point.
>>
>>291172343
>speedrunning paper mario
But why
>>
>>291172457
Go to bed, grandpa. No one gives a shit about your old days.
>>
>>291172447
10am the same day or 10am the next day?
>>
>>291172343

Like 9 hours

Also the speedrun of paper mario is like 3 and a half hours. Are you thinking of thousand year door?
>>
>>291171208
Heavy rain.
Didn't catch the killer, Jayden died but hey IT WAS MY PERSONAL PLAYTHROUGH DON'T JUDGE
>>
>>291172752
you kids should respect your elders, we dodged the draft and didnt fight in naam, but we saved those fucking princesses, you ungrateful little cunt.
>>
>>291171208
Gun. Loved the game but being 16 and saving up money to buy that game new was so disappointing when later that evening it was finished.
>>
File: 1429300419245.png (684KB, 640x573px) Image search: [Google]
1429300419245.png
684KB, 640x573px
>>291173186
>Loved the game but being 16 and saving up money to buy that game new was so disappointing when later that evening it was finished.

Felt the same way about this shit. I fucking loved it at the time, it was portable Wind Waker done as well as the hardware would allow but when I fucking 100% the entire game in 13 hours I was fucking pissed. I bought it brand new, full price back when I could afford one new game every 3-6 months.
>>
Beat Uncharted 2 in one sitting.
>>
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 when I was a kid. I used to do it weekly like a fucking autist for a while.

Other than that, I'd say the Half Life expansions, ICO and various indie games.
>>
>>291171208
Mario 1, 2, & 3
>>
>>291171208
Spyro season of ice
>>
>>291171208
I didn't beat it in one sitting but I wanted to comment on this, I played this game a few weeks ago for the first time since 2007 as well and I agree, it's still as good as I remembered.
>>
I beat Mass effect 2 in one sitting on release and I loved it.
>>
>>291173186
B-but anon you got Macgruders ultimate guns to test out in the absolute empty post-game!

GUN desperately need a new game.
>>
>>291173619
Spyro 2, season of flame
>>
The Order 1886. Redbox'd it.
>>
Demon's Souls - Took me about 14 hours.
Starfox Assault - Took me like 6 I think.
>>
Mario Party on the 64
>>
>>291171208
I've done a couple games of Civ V in one sitting. I started it when I woke-up, finished it right before I went to sleep.
>>
>>291173678
Colton White vs John Marston
>>
>>291171208
I've done Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 each in one sitting. 1 and 3 were on Legendary. 2 was only heroic, because there's a couple sections that are fucking bullshit on Legendary
>mfw sniper jackel alley section of Outskirts
>>
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere (JP version)
GTA Vice City
ICO
Shadow Of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 3
Final Fantasy X
Assassin's Creed
AC Brotherhood
AC Revelations
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
Mortal Kombat X

In sure I'm forgetting a ton.
>>
>>291171208
I've beaten THUG 2 in one sitting a couple of times
>>
>>291173638
I've never played another game that was as perfect as SotC.

I hope The Last Guardian gives at least a little bit of info to link the 3 games and give us an idea of how they all tie together.
>>
I tend to enjoy games a lot more if I stagger it. I feel like a slob if I play too much of a game in one sitting, and I feel like I didn't get my money's worth.
>>
I beat most modern games in one sitting because they're so fucking short.
>>
Klonoa 2
Demons Souls
Metal Gear Solid
Hitman 2
Resident Evil (ps1)
Devil May Cry 3
Shadow of the Colossus

Back when I had more time ;_;
>>
>>291171208
I finished SoTC in one sitting as well, last time was 3 hours and 30 min.

I finish Super Mario Land every month at least once, usually takes ~30 min.

Also Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3.

Hotline Miami 1 and 2.
>>
>>291171208
You must be fucking losers to beat a game in one sitting.
>>
Mario party for the gba.
I don't even remember why.
>>
I could beat lots of games in one go, with practice.

But only Sonic R could be done sight unseen in one sitting.
>>
>>291174632
where do you think we are?

I try to beat games in 1-3 sittings

The souls games get me so frustrated though, I can never sit and play one for more than 5 hours at a time
>>
>>291174632
I'm sorry I didn't take 6 hours spread out over a week to play and finish mgs ground zero
>>
If you mention indies especially, you should also specify arcade games.

Anyway, I can only remember that Syndicate remake. Victim of Xen too, it's an indie but it was about the same length. I'm pretty sure there's more but I can't really recall. I've also gotten really close to beating Marlow Briggs in one go but it was pretty late and I decided to go to sleep. Started it again the day after and it turned out I quit just before the finall boss.
>>
>>291171208
Starfox 64, nigga
Megaman X
More times than I can count and probably since before I could even read
>>
LISA in about 12 hours. Got a massive headache but it was worth it.
>>
>>291171806
It's surprisingly short when you look back at it
>>
>>291171208
Yes. Cuz I had Nintendo and brawlers.
>>
Hotline Miami 2 followed by Castle Crashers and Lara Croft & the guardian of light, all in a day's work with my bro.
>>
>>291174632
reeing @ your life
>>
>>291172790
The same day
>>
>>291171208
I beat Asura's Wrath in one sitting while downing some beers. That was fun.
>>
Does "one sitting" mean you don't stand up until the game is finished?
Enjoy thrombosis.
>>
>>291175774
Means you never turned off the game and you could've taken short breaks here and there.
>>
I remember beating the second Crash Bandicoot in one setting.
>>
Jak 3
>>
tomb raider, almost. like all the way up to the sorta last bit. was too tired and woke up like 4 hours later and finished. it was pretty gud man
>>
Mirror's Edge.

There was no replay value but it was great fun while it lasted.
>>
>>291177448
>no replay value
But how, they literally made official speed-run modes for you. Not to mention the time-trials.
>>
>>291171208
Yep.
>Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner
>Devil May Cry 3
>Devil May Cry 4
>Vanquish
>>
A few puzzlers, did a single speedrun 2nd playthrough of The Talos principle

others in one sitting
half life 1, blue shift and opposing force
onimusha 1
serious sam the first encounter (dat arena)
aarklash legacy

im sure there are alot more, but recently its hard for me to play a game longer than a few hours at a time or even an hour at a time
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.