[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck were they thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: header[1].jpg (36KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
36KB, 460x215px
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
Let's make another dead island game probably.
>>
Some retard will buy it.
>>
I thought this game was supposed to be decent?
>>
>"Dead Island isn't very good but why don't we take the basics and add fun in large amounts."
>"We have to make a super serious story though with super serious characters this is a serious setting."
>"How do we into optimisation"
>"Oh well it's a bit of a mess but it's pretty fuckin fun"
>>
>>289217739
probably they didn't put muvh thought into mid and end game. It feels a bit like the abilities are inconsequential once you can melee the shit out of 20+ zombies without any challenge. I was expecting a little more depth.
>>
>>289217739

This game wasn't 10/10 but I enjoyed it
>>
It was pretty fun, enjoyed the coop
>>
>"Hey lets make Dead Island except good"
>they then proceeded to make Dead Island except good
>>
>>289217739
lets make a fun game.
>>
>>289218210
>"How do we into optimisation"

Game was optimized as fuck, stop blaming devs because you have a toaster.
>>
>oh shit guys we need a cool final boss fight
>our players have to use every skills they've learned so far in the game
>nah just make it a QTE
>but sir
>shadow of mordor did it
>yeah but
>and I heard the order 1886 will do it too
>but
>shut up and do it
>>
>>289218631
Not at first, faggot. It runs like a dream since they fixed themselves but at first nobody knew what the fuck was wrong.

>>289218701
This, I wanted a better last boss. Thinking something like a helicopter chasing you or some shit.
>>
Game itself is fun but the plot is the most cliched shit I've ever seen, its like a z-grade horror movie from the 80's
>>
>>289218631
not him but at launch even people with SLI 980s couldn't run it at 1080p 60fps.
The reason being that the game couldn't use more than a single core of your CPU.
Yeah, they were retarded enough to somehow let that slip through the cracks.

Now that it's been patched it's fine but a lot of people who pirated it didn't get the memo that they need to download the update and crack.
>>
>>289218759
>>289218805
OK I apologize I only recently played it.
>>
>>289218631
this

the game is decent and looks decent even though, there are some issues about view distance directed to optimalization.

seriously, view distance makes little obviously visible difference and can drag your performance about 30 frames. thats bad optimalization.

anyhow the game is fun, nicely done. freerunning is fun and feels nice, the game can get hard and scary, as desired.

its overall a 7/10 game at least - i dont see the point op is trying to make. i do see the bait
>>
"Let's make another Dead Island, but not call it Dead Island, so people will actually buy it."
>>
>>289218805
i downloaded the patches, sadly on toaster computers ( my specs are fx8350 and 660, with ssd and good ram it still runs avg 50fps with most medium settings ) it still runs somewhat shit but its easily playable
>>
>>289218870
>m-muh pirates

nobody cares you fucking thief.
>>
File: 139830029252.jpg (26KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
139830029252.jpg
26KB, 400x562px
>putting the those exploding faggots in the indoor sections making it impossible to run away in time
>>
>>289218950
gotta love these jokes from people who obviosly didnt even touch the game.

>>289218982
>implyiedingurst?
>>
>>289219051
Just dodge back.
>>
>>289219060
sorry meant >>289218805
>>
>>289218858
no problem.
It was infuriating at fuck on release though.
>just upgraded my GPU
>changing video setting from max to min made no difference to fps
>turning down draw distance helped a little but it was still bad
>night sections were awful
>people figured out the bottleneck and made community fixes
>took them like a week to patch it officially
>now can get 60fps max at day and night
>>289218976
that's still WAY better than what the launch game for like.
People with 780s were complaining on the steam forums about 17fps at night.
I'm sure if you go on and sort by date you'd see the tidal wave of high end systems that just couldn't run it well.
>>
>>289217739

Is this some kind of reversed bait? It was pretty much a straight up improvement of Dead Island, which already was a fun though flawed game. If anything this is how sequels should be done.

Story and last "boss" are ass though, but noone ever started playing this for a gripping narrative
>>
File: 1421444167935.jpg (25KB, 350x281px) Image search: [Google]
1421444167935.jpg
25KB, 350x281px
>>289219060
Its literally a polished version of Dead Island.
>>
>>289218805
Could not run a game well in sli without sli support. That is just retard. Gotta love all the pirates and with shit computers butt hurt about the best zombie action game ever made. Haven't had as much laughs and enjoyed a game in years like I did with this one.
>>
>>289218017
It's allright. Nothing special, but I finished it in a couple of days. The writing is the worst part but dropkicking zombies off roofs is fun as fuck.
>>
>>289219216
>pirates

You realize pirates can also get patches? And merely turning down draw distance got rid of the problems with hardly any noticeable impact on graphics?
>>
>>289219216
It's already been proven and admitted to by the developers that it was a threading issue, nothing to do with piracy or having a bad computer.
A 980 SHOULD be able to run that game at 1080p on its own anyway.
>>
>>289217739

What do you mean? They made a zombie game that sold well. Do you honestly think they care what some /v/irgin forum says when they receive their paycheck?
>>
Excellent game.

Awful samefag.

Sage for good matter.
>>
>>289219158
17fps with 780? that would get me mad.

bt yeah the game runs very well for what it displays. thousands of physx effects happening on screen constantly and shit..

did you get the special settings plugin to fix that shit?
i actually got annoyed by the huge amounts of birds in the sky at one time.

>>289219195
well, its different in lot of ways, starting with freerunning.
its slightly different concept and you have a lot of game catching on the similar concepts..

honestly i just dont see whats wrong with the name and people buying the game as the game is enjoyable.
>>
Can't wait for the mod tools though. This game has a great modding potential, just like Far Cry 2 did back in the days, except it was closed as all fucks.
>>
>>289219090
Kind of hard when you turn a corner in one of the office buildings and the fucker explodes within 0.01 seconds one shotting you.
>>
>>289219347
>turning down draw distance got rid of the problems
it alleviated it, but it didn't fix it.
By turning down draw distance you would reduce the number of enemies and objects being drawn which meant less strain on your CPU which is only using a single core.
Real framerate improvements weren't achieved until people set their affinity in task manager, or waited for the patch (which basically does the same thing).
>>289219503
There was early fixes to disable chromatic aberration and the film grain.
Looks much better without them IMO.
I mean I like film grain, but it does not suit the visual style of that game at all.
>>
>>289217739
Let's remake Dead Island but more polished and with parkour
>>
>>289219672
Grappling hook
>saves you from falls
>knocks enemies back
>kills boomers in one hit

Grappling hook confirmed for top tier
>>
File: 1412426481135.jpg (48KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
1412426481135.jpg
48KB, 640x350px
>you're too tired to use your grappling hook
>>
File: 1407933819637.jpg (454KB, 1026x684px) Image search: [Google]
1407933819637.jpg
454KB, 1026x684px
I absolutely adored this game, I had zero expectation for it and spent countless hours being pleasantly surprised. And I get bored with most games within 2 hours.

>Parkour was sound, well-implemented, and playing Far Cry immediately afterwards made me miss it.
>Weapons were solid, if a bit uninventive.
>Night was shit-scary to begin with, until you realise how easy it is to dodge volatiles.
>Quests were about as creative as they could have been, given the environment - every one was at least properly scripted, instead of carbon-copy Skyrim quests.
>Graphics are decent once you remove the fucking filters and boost the saturation

It's the first game where I felt like I was accomplishing something as I went through it, instead of ticking off a bunch of pointless boxes that made no difference to anything. It's not perfect, but I know the Devs have major plans to improve it, which must count for something.

But what the fuck do I know, I hated Dark Souls for how cheap and obscure it felt. And Dead Island was a crock of shit.
>>
I get 30fps+ most of the time with 560ti, running at 1600x900 with all settings maxed except nvidia depth of field and view distance about 30-40%.

It's fairly CPU limited.
>>
>>289219845
>Not paying attention to game mechanics
I guess it's hard if you don't play the game smart
>>
Name a better weapon than the anti-gadoid gun.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.