[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

>Multiplayer when edition >torrent magnet:?xt=urn:bti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 462
Thread images: 72

File: halo3.jpg (46KB, 500x283px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
halo3.jpg
46KB, 500x283px
>Multiplayer when edition

>torrent
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2216b8cba75609b47ad6be43bcf86d8cb4d0b825&dn=Halo.zip&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337

>Megaupload link
https://mega.co.nz/#!2J5ClYqS!k68rgN0MGQyuSgPJ9Q2jcGvMd1IGHSeX7RhKC0PoyEw

>HaloFreeLoader link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bt3qriaiz9yafky/HaloFreeLoader-0.1.zip

>video tutorials to get it running and in English
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM0WtdKi6VU [Embed]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRU9gndAkLo [Embed]

>how to swap weapons out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a4g_dE3UnU [Embed]

>How do I play multiplayer
It is in the works, cant do it yet

>what dis be
Leaked early build of Halo Online.

>why the fuck should I care
Now we have the Halo 3 engine (or a tweaked version of it) on PC. The potential is big.

>I-I never cared about Gaylo anyway! B-b-babby's first FPS!!1
Kill yourself.

>thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nTwBF7dM7g [Embed]
>>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12nIwiES9O23WcR2sv3dJgsTyFCuz6h-iVv6eOM6GShc

hex edit list
>>
>>WHERE DA HEX CODES AT
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12nIwiES9O23WcR2sv3dJgsTyFCuz6h-iVv6eOM6GShc
>>
lmao look at this gaylo

im going back to play battlefield hardline plebs
>>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12nIwiES9O23WcR2sv3dJgsTyFCuz6h-iVv6eOM6GShc/edit#gid=0

https://mega.co.nz/#F!TYpB2KBA!vawCFilhZQuwO0Qq4X_ATg
add these, folder includes readme with whats in it. basically everything you need
>>
>>288594101
Is it done yet?

If i wanted to sit in multiplayer maps by myself i would play the MCC
>>
How many of actually believe this is Halo 3 multiplayer?

It isn't.

This reminds me of that abomination of an abomination that is Call of Duty: Online in China.
We can only hope that Microsoft comes to their senses and shits out a quick port of the actual Halo 3 for PC. Everybody knows know that this is easily possible.

They won't do it.
>>
File: Online1.webm (3MB, 711x400px)
Online1.webm
3MB, 711x400px
dumping
>>
Reminder to filter or ignore tripfags.
>>
File: online2.webm (3MB, 782x440px)
online2.webm
3MB, 782x440px
>>
>>288594278

It will be done in a few months when you are forced to join official servers populated by Russians.
>>
I would pay full price to play halo 3 and ODST on steam

does microsoft hate money
>>
>>288594281
You can very clearly see it isn't Halo 3's MP. People just want it to be, and it has the potential to be if shit like sprint can be disabled.
>>
File: online3.webm (3MB, 782x440px)
online3.webm
3MB, 782x440px
>>
>>288594283
>>288594346

So this is a reskinned Avalanche. What a beautiful waste of money.
>>
>>288594283
that thing looks awesome

also where's the food posts at?
>>
>>288594101
> muh halo
Fuck off underage console scum
>>
does anyone know if its possible to put actors into vehicles to see if board/hijacking works?
>>
File: online4.webm (3MB, 1422x800px)
online4.webm
3MB, 1422x800px
>>288594401
343 does it again!
>>
File: usrsmate.jpg (4KB, 240x246px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
usrsmate.jpg
4KB, 240x246px
>>288594368

Yes.

But I guess they thought this through and came to a conclusion that a Russian F2P Halo was more profitable. Man, I would like to see the study that lead to this.
>>
>>288594423
Every time.
>>
>>288594401
Yes, this free to play thing is a waste of money.

You fucking retard.
>>
File: online5.webm (3MB, 1422x800px)
online5.webm
3MB, 1422x800px
>>
>>288594468

I am fine with the map. I am not fine with the fact that it is being held hostage by a future-P2W game with unbalanced gameplay. Classic Halo 3 maps just don't work with sprint and all the other crap they shoved into this.
>>
>>288594491

So F2P means that production costs nothing too or what? Cool, I didn't know that, thanks, Anon.
>>
File: online7.webm (3MB, 1067x600px)
online7.webm
3MB, 1067x600px
>>288594527
why do you think we are aggressively modding it?
>>
>>288594469

I never understood the whole releasing in one region thing they got going on.

Surely more regions = more money? This would most likely make an absolute killing in the west.
>>
File: online8.webm (3MB, 1244x700px)
online8.webm
3MB, 1244x700px
>>
>>288594469
I think it's different. they just went like "gee, if we ported H3 to pc, it'll get pirated to hell (even though console games are out earlier on tpb and pc games dont have mp if pirated and mp is a huge part of halo 3, but whatver). by making it free, we'll just remove any need to pirate it!"
that's probably more or less what they had in mind. they'll control everything and make it so impossible even the god empertor of mankind won't be able to host his own server.
>>
What is the best Halo map and why is it Coldsnap?
>>
File: online9.webm (3MB, 1067x600px)
online9.webm
3MB, 1067x600px
>>288594627
because of master Microsoft marketing
>>
>>288594678

thats not how you spell hugeass
>>
>>288594589

To play alone on empty mutliplayer maps? I love the enthusiasm behind it, though I have no hope that they will release server tools, since - well, you know - the free2play business model doesn't allow it.
>>
>>288594678
>Cold Storage
Fixed that for you.
>>
File: online10.webm (3MB, 1280x720px)
online10.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>288594742
people got lan servers to run
>>
>>288594742
why do you need server tools when you can connect with lan faggot?
>>
>>288594627
They want the west to buy dudebro machines to play it on.

The russians don't own any dudebro machines and thus MS needs to find other ways to make money there. Thus PC.
>>
>>288594627
Because if they released it here and they fucked up, the press would report it.
>>
>>288594627

Russia loves these F2P games because they are poor as fuck. Releasing the game in multiple regions would fuck up their pricing I guess. I am not quite sure how this works, there is a reason behind it. They are not THAT dumb.
>>
Does anyone know what that bar at the bottom is? I can't figure it out.
>>
File: online11.webm (3MB, 622x350px)
online11.webm
3MB, 622x350px
>>
>>288594793
>>288594803

Well, that's nice then. I hope there will be a way to emulate classic Halo 3 sometime next year.
>>
Modeller/Animator here

How long until we can star modding things. Halo 4 aesthetics need to go. I can port or remodel things in Halo 3/ODST style.
>>
File: 20150312093604879.png (185KB, 358x268px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20150312093604879.png
185KB, 358x268px
i find it funny how its called halo online but nobody has been able to play online yet
>>
>>288594857
Something to do with armour abilities.
>>
File: Halo Online.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Halo Online.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
Obligatory.
>>
>>288594368
They don't but there is more money to be made by making you buy xbone + subscription + game.
>>
File: online12.webm (3MB, 711x400px)
online12.webm
3MB, 711x400px
>>
>>288594793
>Tank firing moves the tank
Well that's fucking new
>>
>>288594894
try some time in the next few days
>>
File: image.jpg (466KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
466KB, 2048x1536px
GUYS I GOT IT WORKING ONLINE
>>
>>288594901

Why do you ask these questions when you know nobody can answer them? Your best guess is as good as mine.
>>
>>288594901
Altheros pls
>>
File: WarthogBanshee.webm (3MB, 500x281px)
WarthogBanshee.webm
3MB, 500x281px
>>288593738

>>288593842
I tried
>>
>>288594997
Go to sleep Australia
>>
>>288594997
>ausfag
figures
>>
>>288594997
Awesome dude what's the player count?
>>
>>288594824

Well, Crytek did it with Warface. I know they fucked up the game in general, but they still made the effort to release in more than one god damned country.

I remember seeing the explanation for that too, that the ruskies will pay for different things and such, but man it literally can't be that hard to release a Halo online game where you just pay for skins, remember how nuts people went trying to get Recon armour.

All it needs to be is Halo 3 with buyable skins. That's it. And it'll make them buckets.
>>
>>288595132

1
>>
File: 1427508076825.jpg (410KB, 1276x710px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427508076825.jpg
410KB, 1276x710px
>>288594901
I just want that every gunmodel is from Halo3 / ODST
if that would be in the works
I.... I....

>>288594997
> 4364 Gamers online
> Gamers
>>
>>288595024
Underrated fucking post.
>>
>>288595201
They're probably afraid I'll take attention away from the Xbox
>>
>implying that MSFT isn't just doing this as a testing bed for Halo PC and trying to make as much money as possible in the test phase

Russianosaurs will eat this up
>>
>>288595279
If the model wasn't gold, it honestly wouldn't look too bad
>>
WAIT, IS THIS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW?!
And its free?

Is this microsoft official or some fan made cyka game?
>>
Is the water the same fancy water system they had in 3?
>>
>>288595496
Read the thread/the last thread
>>
>>288595496
Post more Cortana and we'll tell you.
>>288595527
Well, it is the H3 engine. I'd assume so.
>>
>>288595496
Read the thread fag
>>
>>288595527
Its literally the Halo3 engine with fancier graphics, so yes it does
>>
File: 1427507274214.jpg (302KB, 1276x711px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427507274214.jpg
302KB, 1276x711px
>>288595485
here ya go
>>
File: 1427299397721.png (166KB, 494x584px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427299397721.png
166KB, 494x584px
Hey any modding guys want to point me in the right direction here.

I want to help out with, is there a website you guys are on?

I have experience in java and modding.
>>
>>288594101
so, how´s the Lan Multiplayer going?
>>
>>288594793
Source? Im interested
>>
>>288595715
we are working on getting it working, nothing to release yet
>>
>>288595663
>java experience
>worth anything
lol
don't you have a minecraft mod to be shitting out?
>>
>>288595636
It could be so much better modeled.

Remove the red racecar stripes. Make it actual gunmetal black. Lower it in the FOV as you woldn't hold it up that high, etc.
>>
I made a google doc with some basic info, a link to the spreadsheet and a link to a cheattable to get infinite hp/ammo/nades
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CAyXfd4d3lhwBXEoiit05L-I1Sirz0R2C-dV2RTvzE4/
>>
File: pingpong.webm (3MB, 640x360px)
pingpong.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>288596092

>you will never roll over and over in a mongoose
>>
I don't care enough to help out but how soon can we expect private servers?
>>
>>288596167
Maybe someday.
>>
How are you guys recording this? I can't get either fraps or Shadowplay to record it, fullscreen or not.
>>
>>288596223
OBS
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CAyXfd4d3lhwBXEoiit05L-I1Sirz0R2C-dV2RTvzE4/edit
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CAyXfd4d3lhwBXEoiit05L-I1Sirz0R2C-dV2RTvzE4/

New google docs page full of info for those wanting to jump in.
>>
>>288596167
Honestly, I don't even think it's possible. The game's locked down to prevent cheating especially when micro transactions are such a huge part of the experience.

Maybe we'll get hacked together custom campaign missions some day though. Could be fun.
>>
>>288596343
>>288596369
You're going a bit overboard now.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
lmao this game is trash
>>
>>288595803
>someone willing to help and learn
>just shitting on them

Kill yourself
>>
>>288596465
Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>288596465
C'mon dude, you're wasting your time.
>>
>>288596502

Why not try actually playing the game you're shitposting about to remind yourself why the actual Halo fans have moved on?
>>
Why does my game not open?
I've hex-edited it so I don't need a sign in ID or anything, it just opens and closes instantly. I've noticed I can get it to run once and then if I close and try again it crashes.
>>
>>288596640
I don't see the problem, you don't need to sign in anymore. You accomplished what you wanted.
>>
>>288596640
load the map in the freeloader when the screen shows the loading and the pillar of autumn ship.
>>
>>288595846
the one showed is the "red" smg
the true basic smg is just like you described
>>
Why is it only for russia?
>>
So, from what I can tell, it looks like the 'colored' weapons are very OP....
>>
>>288597003
Racist.
>>
>>288596532

Nah man, everyone here is wasting their time. I'm playing Halo 3 and laughing at all of you.

Microsoft GAVE this shit away a year ago and even that couldn't save it.
>>
>>288597178
Maybe it's not the game that is dying, maybe it's the console? ;) ;)
>>
Oh God. DJ Orwell is here. I'm bailing.
>>
>>288597247

No. Hundreds of thousands of players are on Xbox 360 Live every day. They're just playing better games than Halo 3. Like Halo 4, for instance.
>>
>>288597003
Explain? I heard that one of the BR variants fire 5 bullets instead of 3.
>>
How do you replace weapons wholesale instead of just throwing them as a grenade?

Also, how do you get reactor starting? Start the game in multiplayer mode? How?

Anyone know how to get the FOV above 90? I want muh 100-105
>>
>>288597489
>Halo 4
lel
>>
>>288596441
Yes, but, I think that this leak build will be one of the most open versions of the game, since we can already hack it using simple code....

Soon it will be even more locked down then this.
>>
What is with the sudden large amount of Halo CE threads on /v/ lately?

Sure, we've had them in the past, but this is dota levels of abundance.
>>
>>288597489
>They're just playing better games than Halo 3. Like Halo 4
Stop baiting me.
>>
>>288597489
>halo 4
>better than halo 3
>better than any prior halo

0/10
>>
>>288597593

Have you even played it? For more than five hours?

At any rate, that's the game most Halo fans are playing currently.
>>
>>288597525
it'll probably be balanced. like slower RoF or lower dmg/bullet.
nobody is stupid enough to LITERALLY make a p2w game this obvious ... right?
>>
>>288597672
This isn't CE.

Get the fuck out.
>>
Is Halo online being developed by 343 too?
>>
>>288597691
>>288597675

Your bandwagon fails to impress me.
>>
>>288597709

AHHHH BLYAT
>>
>>288597489
Try harder next time Anon.
>>
>>288597672

Stop being retarded.
>>
>>288596640
still getting this problem, fuck
>>
>>288597776
No, 343 is just taking all the credit once again. Just like with Halo Anniversary and MCC.
>>
>>288597901
What OS? On Win10, I've just had to reboot when it refused to open.
>>
>>288597749
...what is it then? Is it seriously named halo online when halo has always been playable online?

Man, and people say this series is known for it's originality.
>>288597778
>>288597691
>>288597675
>>288597489
>implying all halos aren't shit
If you shitheads can't agree on which game is shit, then maybe all the games are shit?

Oh, nah, can't be that. Halo # was your childhood so it's automatically good.
>>
>>288597962
Win8.1, I just tried rebooting.
>>
>>288597979
This is the shitposting thread >>288594059

Kindly take your worthless opinion there.
>>
Oh god.

DJ Orwell and Reds in one thread.

You two were made for each other
>>
>>288597801

The population for Halo 4 has always been on top since it came out, with the sole exception of the month Halo 3 was given away. Halo 3 returned to the grave immediately thenafter.

I could load up Halo 4 right now and get a match in any playlist. In Halo 3, 80% of the playlists are zero players dead, and you're unlikely to get a match in anything other than Lone Wolves.

At any event, people would rather be playing something else, anything else besides Halo 3. For example, all of you are playing the 4chan Shitposting Game while I am actually playing Halo 3.
>>
>>288597979
Why do tripfags always have to be the bigest fucking idiots in a thread?
>>
>>288597979
Whats up with all these tripfags joining these thread and spouting their unneeded opinions?

First it was that George Orwell guy now its this fucking Ecchi faggot.
>>
>>288597979

Fuck off.
>>
Is there any chance Microshit ports Halo 3 to PC now?
>>
>>288597979

No Halo game was my childhood, but I am not going to argue their merits with someone incapable of playing them properly, and moreover unwilling to.
>>
>>288598058
pic related. literally PLEASE GIVE ME ATTENTION
>>
>>288598040
>>288598058
>>288598093
>>288598097
>NO! STOP RUINING MY ECHO CHAMBER!
If you want a hugbox go to reddit.
>>
>>288598202
filtered(;
>>
>>288598098

No, this is what you get. Choke on it.

>>288598164

You're merely begging for attention as well with your own post, but you're too dumb to know what to do with it.

My name inspires terror.
>>
>>288598202
You're the one shitposting here tripfriend :^)
>>
>>288598164
Nah, pic related is this thread.
>>
>>288598265
>someone asks a question
>kindly reply
>WOOOOW YOU ARE BEGGING FOR ATTENTION BECAUSE YOU REPLIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
y-you too.
>>
>>288598202
>tripwhore telling other people to go to reddit
top bur
>>
>>288598289
>shitposting = not sucking halo dick
Well then shitpost I shall.
>>
>>288598326

This thread is not about you.
>>
>>288597489
>They're just playing better games than Halo 3. Like Halo 4, for instance.
You're trolling, but there are more people playing 4 than 3 on 360. I honestly don't know why. If 4 is so bad, why didn't everyone go back to 3? I want to play 3, but it takes more time to find a match than in 4 because the population is smaller.
>>
File: 1427428691897.jpg (101KB, 560x431px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427428691897.jpg
101KB, 560x431px
>>288598326
>quickmeme.com
>>
>>288598202
The thing with you freind is that you post in the thread with the most generic anti-halo argument ever developed "muh babbies first eff pee ess".

YOU are the one echoing here with the same argument used for the past 5+ years.
>>
>>288598372

That part was directed at the person I quoted below my response to you. Not you. Learn how reply links work.
>>
Is there a thread for people who are actually playing, modding, and know what they are doing? Maybe an IRC? I need some help.
>>
File: 81c.jpg (54KB, 500x329px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
81c.jpg
54KB, 500x329px
>>
A simple way to read the russian text if you have an Android phone: download google translate, press the button that looks like a camera, point at text you want to read, enjoy 2 second translations.
>>
How do I get this game to launch?

which exe is the one that actually launches the game?
>>
>>288597706
>the game most Halo fans are playing currently
>not Reach

just... just stop...
>>
>>288598521

or you can just not use a shitty browser
>>
>>288598521
Or you could just modify the executable and enable english you faggot
>>
>>288598598

eldorado.exe

needs to be launched from command line
>>
>>288598667
What? I'm talking about the text in-game..
>>
>>288598409

I'm not trolling, but it's pointless to discuss it here since people are so deluded and nostalgic over Halo 3 (despite their insistence against playing it) that they get moist over a shitty Russian F2P mishmash alpha project that looks kinda sorta vaguely almost similar to it.

More people play Halo 4 because more people find it to be the better game. It's that simple.

On the converse, Gears of War: Judgment was rejected by the fanbase and everyone went back to GoW3.
>>
>>288598732

you never specified
>>
>>288598686
Thanks, friend.
>>
>>288598603

Halo 4 has always had a higher population than Reach.
>>
>>288598750
Protip: Reach has more players than 4
>>
>>288598395
Well, I mentioned how halo is shit, and then this thread turned into how much of a faggot I am.

So, it kind of is, and you're the reason why.

But talking sense to halofags is a futile endeavor, if you don't share their exact opinion they always get pissed off. Just look at the guy earlier who said halo 4 was better than halo 3.
Though even I know that halo 4 is shit compared to halo 3
>>288598467
>YOU are the one echoing here with the same argument used for the past 5+ years.
Actually over the past few years it's been quite different. The argument used most here is "you're just parroting /v/!" when in actuality, what you're saying, is the parroting of the halofags.

Also I never said babies first fps, I just called it shit and unoriginal. Which it is.
>NUH UH ITS VRY ORIGINAL
haven't been proven otherwise, just a bunch of children shitting their pull ups.
>>
>>288598750
>>288598846
>Orwell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PfcimpK3Fo
>>
>tripfags shit up the thread when all we want to do is talk about Halo
I dont know why moot didnt remove trips while he had the chance.
>>
>>288598846
check again.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-4-playtime-fell-below-halo-reach-despite-more-content/1100-6409214/

I'm not even going to turn on the console
>>
Holy shit halo fans are worse than sonyggers
>>
So, at this point, are we just dicking around with the engine?

All the videos I've seen are just of people screwing around with the map files. Seems meh.
>>
>>288598850

Not true. Add up the count of every individual playlist (the total count is broken, and has been for quite some time) and you'll invariably end up with a significantly lower count than 4. Many of the playlists are even dead, though not as dead (and not as many dead) as 3.
>>
>>288598686
How do I launch something from the command line sorry I'm such a scrub.
>>
>>288598975

And I've been the only one actually playing Halo (3), and moreover the only one with any real interest in it.
>>
>>288598975
>>tripfags shit up the thread when all we want to do is talk about Halo
I'm talking about halo too, you were the ones pointing out my tripcode.
>I dont know why moot didnt remove trips while he had the chance.
I'd still post how halo is unoriginal.
>>
>>288599034
I wanna see the receipts
>>
friendly reminder to ignore attention whore shitposters, they're total sluts who crave attention from strangers on the internet.
>>
>>288598996

"on June 4, 2013"

"with statistics drawn from social networking site Raptr"

Pathetic.
>>
>>288599057
fuck me nigga. Read the fucking OP
>>
>>288599135

Every FPS series is "unoriginal".
>>
>>288599307
you seem upset.

>muh counters are broken!!!!1
keep fooling yourself
>>
When i try to found the 002327FD , i dont found it, i have 002327EB , how its possible lol
>>
>>288599378
You cutie little fuccboi cumslut. You came back for more? Good thing my balls are full and my cock is loaded.
>>
>>288599516
is it you my friend russia?
>>
>>288599378
You're an anus!
>>
>>288599378

You're an anus!
>>
File: thisone.png (11KB, 983x83px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
thisone.png
11KB, 983x83px
>>288599516
you don't know anything about code stuff I can see

change the highlighted one to 00, it should say something else in your window
>>
Halo fans spent more time bitching than actually playing the games. Same as Sonic fans really.
>>
>>288599516
There are entries between each row, if you search for the right value it will put you at a certain position on that row.

Edit the value it takes you to.
>>
>>288597489
I'd play Halo 3 right fucking now if it weren't for the fact that you need to pay for a membership to use online features for a game almost a decade old that isn't even being updated anymore.
>>
File: 2ab.gif (109KB, 600x473px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2ab.gif
109KB, 600x473px
>>288599884

We sure have come far in 24 hours, get up tomorrow morning access to lan.
>>
>>288599878
It's because you have 16 width instead of 12 width.
That is the byte you should edit. You'll be fine.
>>
>>288599884

atleast halo fans aren't closet furries
>>
I'm tired, I'm really tired of doing this. I'm sorry no one wants to hear the specifics my parents are pretty shitty I never got what I wanted from them. I just want some friends the attention I get here is the closest thing I can get to that.
>>
>>288600275
>Closet
>>
>>288600268
I know, I study IT so I just did it, just posted the pic to help the other guy, don't think he would have figured it out
>>
>>288600309
you arent that bad of a tripfag so ill help you

when people start getting pissy about your trip just remove it for the thread to avoid a ton of drama
>>
How soon do you think this game will be in working order? I have a hunch that this is going to be the big thing that Microsoft uses to get people to download Windows 10.
>>
File: dosh honk chen.jpg (29KB, 480x484px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dosh honk chen.jpg
29KB, 480x484px
someone post that webm of warthog with a tank cannon
>>
At the very least if we can get SOMETHING going and sling it around some parts, we can maybe force 343i's hand.


I just want muh Halo in a decent state on Steam, Modding tools would be nice
>>
>>288597979
if you bothered reading the thread you wouldn't be asking such pointless questions
>>
>>288600560
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMTfuOMPjf4
>>
Mp mode working now you can now load reactor map
>>
>>288600960
how
>>
>>288600812
That actually looks pretty cool, like some kind of fast moving deployable artillery piece.
>>
>>288601008
check modacity irc theres a patch made by kiwi you can now load reactor and no fall damage, also no auto pickup from what ive heard
>>
>>288600960
>>>
>Anonymous 03/28/15(Sat)07:45:25 No.288598467 ▶
>>>288598885
nigga what
>>
>>288601139
Anon, are you okay?
>>
File: hNy0ryZ.jpg (261KB, 1870x1029px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hNy0ryZ.jpg
261KB, 1870x1029px
Here we go guys
http://i.imgur.com/hNy0ryZ.jpg
>>
>>288601248
reactor map running in mp mode with spawn point
>>
Requesting webm's of DMR and 5 burst BR
>>
Why is it fun to just drive around Valhalla in a mongoose again? WHY IS THIS FUN!?
>>
>>288601105
link to irc?
>>
>>288601248
progress
>>
>>288601248
>linking to imgur
>on an image board
>>
>>288601248
PROGRESS
BASED KIWI
>>
>>288601379
Which map is that? I can't find it.
>>
http://kiwidog.me/EldoradoEnginev0.1.zip


"1. Copy dll to folder
2. Launch eldorado.exe --account 123 --sign-in-code 123
3. Press F1-7 to force load a map.
--Kiwi"
>>
>>288601542
based
>>
>>288601486
riverworld
>>
>>288601486
isn´t it called riverworld now?

> that gold and yellow AR
so damn sexy
>>
>>288594824
>pricing
>f2p
u wot? Russia is mainly pc master race with almost zero percentage of console players. I guess it looks like the best place to test a pc version of halo.
>>
This has me thinking... Would it be possible to make a Gears Online since it runs on Unreal Engine 3 and just rip assets and models from the 4 Gears games?
>>
>>288601542
>F1-7
Does that include the main menu?
>>
>>288601486
Riverworld

Riverworld is just Halo 3's Valhalla. They didn't even change the weapon spawns.
>>
>>288600309
haha thats lame
>>
>>288601386
/server irc.gamesurge.net
/join #modacity
>>
How awesome would it be to have a forge mode in this?
>>
>>288594997
>DJ Orwell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PfcimpK3Fo
>>
>>288598750

holy shit you a fucking autistic retard

People are interested in this because of the novelty of halo running on PC, and the prospects of adapting the game into something worth playing

nobody here actually wants to play the rooskie free to play garbage
>>
>>288594101
babby's first shitty fps
>>
>>288601542
fucken based kiwi
he will give us the power to play halo online, online
all glory to kiwi!
>>
>>288602090
Killyourself
>>
>>288601864
too awesome

F6 is reactor map btw for anyone running based kiwi's hook
>>
>>288601685
F8 for main menu. F1 isn't working for me though.
>>
>>288601542
thx
>>
>>288602217
truth hurts
>>
>>288595024
HOLY SHIT
>>
well im going to bed, ill update my doc and spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CAyXfd4d3lhwBXEoiit05L-I1Sirz0R2C-dV2RTvzE4/) in the morning. night /v/
>>
>>288602863
godspeed
>>
>>288602863
sleep well my little prince
>>
File: fun.webm (3MB, 711x400px)
fun.webm
3MB, 711x400px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDpwpNNRP4g

how to cheat engine fun time
>>
Does it run on toasters?
>>
Why won't Microsoft just release Halo 3 for PC?
>>
>>288603890
Because that would be a good idea.

Can't have that now can we?
>>
>>288603890
Why won't many games not available on PC just release for PC?
>>
>>288603875
yes
it does run on my ACER Aspire 5750G Laptop
in 720p without a problem
>>
Can we ever expect this to officially come to places outside Russia at any point?
>>
>>288604080
Most likely. I heard that the Russian version is just a test run.
>>
>>288603825
> throwing vehicles instead of grenades
10/10
>>
>>288604183
I hope so, but i dont see how micro transactions wont just make it P2W.
>>
Well, if this game is designed for shitty Russian computers, then I must have an African computer.
>>
>>288604080
Its got language settings for almost every country, if this thing was just a singular area test it would just be in russian.

If Halo Online itself won't come to america or even get out of Beta, then these are at least testing grounds for Halo on PC again.
>>
So, is there an English Intro Video in da works?
>>
>>288601669
It would be a lot of work, sure it runs on unreal but its heavily modified
>>
>>288604497
>if this thing was just a singular area test it would just be in russian

I wouldn't count on that. It's probably due to Halo Online being a half-assed closed beta. Later builds would probably only be in Russian.

I highly doubt that the West would see anything close to Halo 3 on PC if it weren't for modders.
>>
How can add other spartan bot on the map ? need cheat engine ? thanks
>>
>>288594736
Og nigga here
>>
Can I replace multiple projectiles at a time?
>>
File: 1397300410360.jpg (159KB, 746x982px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1397300410360.jpg
159KB, 746x982px
Does this game run like ass for anyone else? I have a 6950 and a 2500k, I feel like a game running on the fucking halo 3 shouldnt be giving me 20 fps
>>
is there no hex for shotgun? i see shotgun pellets but no shotgun
>>
>>288598326
>you are now realising a good sum of people have filtered you
>>
>>288606508
I have a 2500k as well, stock clock because having problems with it, but lot better GPU so it's not your CPU anyway
>>
My game is still crashing on startup. As far as I can tell I haven't done anything wrong.
>>
>>288606508
I also have an i5 2500k (4.4GHz) and a 6950, it seems to run like shit on avalanche and that forerunner map. Changing the settings seem to have no effect.
This whole thing is great though, and thanks >>288601542 for that
>>
>>288603875
Designed to
>>
>>288607050
Make sure you have a clean unmodified game. That means no exe patches from before.
Then download http://kiwidog.me/EldoradoEnginev0.1.zip
Launch eldorado.exe --account 123 --sign-in-code 123 with cmd or add it to a shortcut and then use F1-7 to force load a map.
>>
>>288606508
I have a 6950 and a 2400, silky smooth 60 fps
>>
>>288605243
Well, I doubt they would add any more menus or options at this point the menus look like they are pretty much hardset to be this way.

So even if english is removed in later builds we can re-implement it.
>>
How do you select text in the Google doc? I can only pick the entire box.

Also, the green weapons are all wrong. The SMG one is listed twice, and the BR one gives a DMR.
>>
Why the fuck are you using Halo 3 images?

Y'all are setting yourselves up for dissapintment. This isn't halo 3. If you want halo 3, why not fucking ask for that, since right now this isn't even coming out outside of russia anyways.
>>
Hi guys, something I've noticed about poor performance is that webbrowsers and other apps running seem to really kill it.

Nvidia gtx 970 & i7 5820k here, sometimes i get 60, sometimes i get 30, all depends on whats running in the background.
>>
>>288608667
>asking micro$hit for anything
they only pay attention to what people do and make and follow the trends
>>
So Saber Interactive is making this game?
it actually looks pretty nice

Them or Certain Affinity are good choices for the series
>>
>>288608310

this
>>
Microsoft has never, ever had a single, original idea.
>>
if they can get lan working could a xbox connect sorta thing be set up?
>>
>>288608726
Same here. Runs like shit when Chrome or Steam is open.
GTX 660M and 3610QM
>>
>>288609156
microsoft didn't make halo
>>
>>288609263
What do you mean? Are you asking if you can play with people who are using Xboxes? Because that wouldn't be possible, these are completely different games. This seems to be a weird mishmash of the Halo 4 engine with Halo 3 maps and some Halo Reach bits thrown in.
>>
File: halo1.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px)
halo1.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
loved doing this stuff when I was younger
>>
One thing that continues to annoy me is the LoD on some of this shit.

If you go to Guardian and head to the shotgun hallway, look at it from afar, it's the Halo 3 shotgun. However when you move close to it or zoom in, it suddenly turns into the Halo 4 shotgun.
>>
everyone filter dj hes the one who killed /hg/
>>
>>288609537
xbox connect was for online through lan. Im guessing its sorta like hamachi but I never used that.
>>
Do you jump as high as this in Halo 3? Feels like it's far too high.
>>
So this whole thread we can play together online? right now? if so i'm downloading it
>>
>>288610498
Not yet, little one.
>>
>>288610392
the jump is exactly the same. I think, however, if you walk off ledges, you fall A LOT faster than in H3.
>>
File: uwatm8.webm (2MB, 1280x720px)
uwatm8.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>288608667
>that feel when microsoft hates money.

Halo is far more suited to pc than console, mostly because console babbys think halo is too hard TOP KEK, and pc gamers would find it refreshing to what they are getting now

Also id buy all the games again in a second to play on my gaymen PEECEE

Though admittedly id sell off my xbone the moment that happened (not that i even own anything else for the fucking thing)
>>
>click eldorado.exe
>it opens then instantly closes

am I being retarded and doing something wrong here
>>
All 4 grenades, fire grenades are fun.

http://i.imgur.com/oTedsYJ.jpg
>>
>>288610885
nevermind I was
>>
>>288610885
Read the OP.
>>
File: allnades.png (3MB, 1280x704px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
allnades.png
3MB, 1280x704px
All 4 grenades, fire grenades are fun.
>>
>>288610703
while master chief collection and other halo games WOULD sell on PC, as you stated microsoft literlally needs it to sell xbones, I even fell for it because I like halo so much, but otherwise I'd rather have a PS4 for last of us, bloodborne, p5, jrpgs in general.
>>
>>288610885
>am I being retarded
Yes.
>>
>7.1 audio
>>
Need more hex values.
>>
>>288611804
A bunch of the ones in the spreadsheet either repeat, or aren't the correct one to begin with.
>>
>>288611038
3.5mb 1200x704
holy shit anon do some compression. I have 7500x10000 pics that are barely the double of this.
>>
>>288596343
>>288596369
>modding the living hell out of it
>a few hex edit shit
>>
>>288609384
and?
>>
Have we figured out how it stores assets yet?

It was said a few days ago the tags aren't saved in the map files like previous halo games so the program used to extract shit from other halo games won't work.
>>
File: 1337363432780.jpg (24KB, 380x368px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1337363432780.jpg
24KB, 380x368px
>LAN working
>>
>>288613167
>>LAN working
Sauce
>>
>>288613167
>lan working
are you messing with me? Does this mean we can just host matches over hamachi or some program all day?
>>
>>288613167
bullshit
>>
looks absolutely stunning on my shitty laptop
>>
>>288613167
Please don't go getting my hopes up.
>>
>>288613167
pics or it didnt happen
>>
>>288611074
Why is it bad when Xbox One has exclusives but good when PS4 does? There's not much reason preventing PC versions of any those games from existing. Nowadays even JRPG games would sell on the PC platform.
>>
>>288613273
>>288613415
>>288613469
>>288613650
>>288613664
Can't give exact details yet of what or how, but I have it on good authority that it works. Will pass on the news when I get it.
>>
>>288613842
So it's bullshit?
>>
>>288613890
Hopefully not
>>
>>288601542
>>288601248
What is this for/do? How is this different from the force loader we already have?
>>
>>288614334
This just makes it easier, providing a "shortcut" to load maps in a sense
>>
>>288614334
The original force loader used the singleplayer engine and couldn't run one of the maps, also used fall damage. The new one loads the game with the multiplayer engine and comes with a built in map loader utilizing the function keys.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (133KB, 748x973px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled-1.png
133KB, 748x973px
>>288613842
At least give some details.
I've started working on a server emulator and got logging TCP packets working so far. Any info could help.
>>
So this was linked last thread, how do we exactly use this?

https://gist.github.com/Shockfire/83baf44b6580f6de571b
>>
File: ohbaby.jpg (4KB, 159x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ohbaby.jpg
4KB, 159x250px
>>288613167

please be true
>>
>>288614717
https://mega.co.nz/#F!TYpB2KBA!vawCFilhZQuwO0Qq4X_ATg
this version already has all of that setup for you
>>
>>288614902
Not him, but if I've been here for a few days, the only new stuff is the CMD and hw_v680, right?
Does this bypass me needing to enter everything into the command prompts, or is the CMD just for not having to do the shift right click?
>>
surprised nobody is covering this. Would of expected a shitaku article about this stuff now

>inb4 reddit gets all the credit
>>
>>288615186
if you use the only i told you, it bypasses all the bs and you can map switch by using f1-7
>>
>>288615261
There isn't much on reddit about this
>>
>>288615261
I mean, it's not like M$ can do shit right now but I still prefer it confined to a smaller community.
>>
>>288614902
And how do I download that without having to do it file by file?
>>
>>288615261
How would they find out about it?
>>
File: frank.png (389KB, 498x507px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
frank.png
389KB, 498x507px
>>288615356
to busy sucking on 343's cock to deal with this?

>b-b-b-but the MCC is fine now even though half the features still dont work, stop being entitled, Halo 5 is totally not call of duty
>>
>>288615318
Oh, well that sounds spectacular!
At least the second half of that sentence did. Not sure what the first was, and it ccould have been very important.
>>
>>288615261
That's fine, I'd like to see a bunch of smug reddit faggots get slapped by MS for "hacking" their intellectual property.

I really don't give two shits about who gets credit as long as it works in the end.
>>
>>288615447
right click, download zip
>>
>>288615261
Covering what? Halo Online is already revealed.

Random people on the internet are pirating a closed beta? What's so important about that.
>>
File: frodo.jpg (76KB, 593x595px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
frodo.jpg
76KB, 593x595px
>>288615549
>Random people on the internet are pirating a closed beta? What's so important about that.
Is it even pirating when the game is free anyways?
>>
>>288615487
one* Not only, my bad
>>
>>288603825
do you mind doing a quick tutorial on what you did there?
>>
>>288615478
I don't understand your response to my post.
>>
File: 1338482088723.jpg (22KB, 376x430px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1338482088723.jpg
22KB, 376x430px
>>288615651
no but microsoft would be dumb enough to waste more money tracking these people down then actually releasing a game people want to play
>>
>>288615737
He's saying that the journalistic news sources that constantly run articles about how MCC "totally works now" every other week would not run an article about how you can get a better game for free.
>>
File: 1423317074089.gif (875KB, 500x318px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423317074089.gif
875KB, 500x318px
>>288613167
oh shit nigger
>>
>>288615478
Halo 5 isn't CoD at all, go back to your hole.
>>
>>288615916
>ADS
>sprint
>Clamber
>dudebro ingame callouts
>>
>>288615916
halo 5 beta was one of the most boring experiences ive ever had
>>
File: 9xImeFb.jpg (384KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
9xImeFb.jpg
384KB, 1920x1040px
The flag is fucked up
>>
>>288616385
>cosmetic
>been around since Reach anyway
>works well enough with the new thrusters to not be a problem
>optional
>>
>>288616767
>>cosmetic
It affects all of the guns.
>>
>>288616385
>being averse to specific mechanics just because another game has them.

You are just as bad as the people who shit on halo for having a 2 weapon limit and regen health and blame the other games for having them on halo. Yes, having actual sights being used instead of the smart link scope the weapons have always had is dumb, in terms of lore, but EVERY other FPS has that, sprint, clamber, and callouts.

I don't like the callouts or the ADS, but clamber is actually really useful and feels natural. I'm neutral regarding sprint.
>>
>>288616767
>proven to not be cosmetic
>Reach had the tradeoff of either having sprint or one of many other abilities
>wasn't the subject matter; topic was the CoDification, which is true
>not optional. no toggle for it. even if there was, players not using it would be at a disadvantage due to a lack of ingame information
>>
>>288616767
>Cosmetic
Bullet spread is tighter with ADS
>Been around since reach
Except in reach you had to choose between that or some other armor ability. Being in reach doesn't mean it was good either.
>Not be a problem
It still takes away from the identity
>Callouts optional
How are they optional?
>>
What does hw_680.exe do?
>>
File: 1403405224320.jpg (39KB, 500x420px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403405224320.jpg
39KB, 500x420px
>>288617001
>he hasn't read the update
>>
>>288616919
So it's perfectly acceptable for an FPS with a solid identity to lose what little it had because the rest of the market is doing that?
Just go play another game. You obviously don't enjoy Halo.
>>
>>288617105
>trusting 343
>ever
M-Master Chief Collection is fixed and the p-population is rising every day!
>>
>>288616898
>>288617001
>>288617008
scoping was literally confirmed by the devs themselves after the beta feedback to be cosmetic only, along with callouts having options to be toggled on, off, or or only play useful info
>>
>>288617117
I don't understand this thinking. What is the reasoning that Unreal Tournament has such a devoted fanbase? Because the game didn't become COD or try to become anything else.

Do people not realize that true stagnation is every fucking first person shooter playing the exact same just with different paint? Not to mention, why bother playing other FPS if they play the exact same? Where did all these retarded people come from?
>>
>>288617031

didnt download the most recent mega but I believe that is the hex editor?
>>
>>288617351
>literally confirmed
>Video evidence on youtube showing that bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XthuZAGTjpU

Literally confirmed you country faggot. Unless you're saying they removed that. Even then, why trust the developer's words?
>>
>>288617478
correct
>>
>>288617351
The devs are literally retarded, then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XthuZAGTjpU
>>
>>288617351
Have they fixed how awful the holographic sight on the AR looks? That thing is a fucking abomination.
>>
>>288617421
I can't tell if you're arguing for or against the codification of the FPS genre.
>>
>>288613606
>H2 ghost textures
>>
>>288617117
>still run around the map fighting for power weapons
>map control still useful
>loadouts are gone

It feels like Halo 2 with more mobility

>>288617540
>>288617567
it was confirmed after the beta that it would be changed in the full game you tards
>>
File: Untitled.png (483KB, 2403x1035px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
483KB, 2403x1035px
UPDATE: Heres all i can find on the servers provided in the game files. Still looking for some more ideas. Hope this helps someone/ someone do something with this.
>>
>>288617776
Great job reading my post, asshole. I'm just saying that they could not have found a worse looking way to give the AR some shitty optics if they tried.
>>
>>288617686
I brought up why Unreal Tournament has such a devoted fanbase. How can you not tell that I'm arguing AGAINST the Codification of all FPS? The stagnation by making everything the same didn't give it away?
>>
File: 1427503522368.jpg (36KB, 465x576px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427503522368.jpg
36KB, 465x576px
Why don't you all just get halo on xbox one?
>>
Guys help. I tried to open up the game after following all of the instructions on the video, and when I open it up, the taskbar icon appears and disappears. What do?
>>
File: 1378568154078.jpg (329KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1378568154078.jpg
329KB, 600x1000px
>>288617792
i was looking into that, point seems moot unless we can figure out what ssl calls its making and encryption

i would hold your breathe
>>
>>288617117
Yes because those are the only features that seperate halo from other franchises.

Not the music, not the visual design, not the setting, not the lore, not the weapons, or the fact that it has vehicles, or the fact it has weapons on maps.
>>
>>288617982
I was meaning to reply to>>288617543
>>
>>288618036
are you opening the shortcut?
>>
>>288617792
I doubt if anyone will be able to make it connect to the servers. Maybe LAN would be possible, but then you'd also need the software to host it.
>>
looooooooooooooooool gaylo

baby first fps :))))))))))) back to reddit kiddywinks
>>
>>288617776
>It feels like Halo 2 with more mobility
Hell no. The increased speed means that maps would have to be scaled way larger to make up for this. Anyone that played the beta on Truth know this. TTK was like 3 seconds because of it.
Also, the power weapon game has GREATLY changed. The game flat-out tells everyone when a restock is happening, taking out any memorization or skill that people can use to their advantage, making it just a point-n-shoot game with drop-in-drop-out multiplayer, ie CoD.

>>288617990
Because your first sentence of the second line
>Do people not realize that true stagnation is every fucking first person shooter playing the exact same just with different paint?
Was a major arguing point for people that disliked Halo back around 3's release. Many argued that it was just 2 with equipment and new maps, and that was it.
>>
>>288617351
>scoping was literally confirmed by the devs themselves after the beta feedback to be cosmetic only
Gonna need a source on that.
>>
>>288618037
The fact that those other IPs are showing up all the sudden interests me, nothing popped up a few hours ago
>>
>>288617776
>It feels like Halo 2 with more mobility
Movement in 5 felt good. But 343 needs to up the base movement speed to like 130% of what it was in the beta
>>
>>288618039
343 no longer has the music or visual design, threw the lore out the window years ago, and weapons have been on the map in FPS games since FPS became a genre.
So it has vehicles. Which Battlefield does as well. Halo no longer has anything that sets it apart except for the jaded fanbase just wanting things to go back to the way they were.
>>
>>288618039
>not music, visual design blah blah

It's all paint anon. You play video games for gameplay. If all gameplay is same but with different coats of paint, why bother playing? Only so many times you can finish the fight.

I know I don't play Halo just for the fucking lore. If it was for that I'd read the books.
>>
Ok, i've been having a screen flickering issue. I can hardly see while im in a loaded map. I've got a Radeon HD 7850, and i just want to try out some halo.
>>
>>288618178
>Was a major arguing point for people that disliked Halo back around 3's release. Many argued that it was just 2 with equipment and new maps, and that was it.

It wasn't just Halo haters that said things like this. Before Reach drastically changed things, Halo fans used to trash CoD because it was the same game over and over again. Now they're crying about things changing too much.
>>
Are there any FPS games already on PC that have Halo's long TTK?

I honestly just want an FPS that isn't who-shots-first-wins.
>>
>>288618567
TF2 and Reflex
>>
>>288618567
Halo has been on PC for like 12 years now.
>>
>>288601542
this wokrs! awesome
>>
>>288618672
And it's been dead on PC for almost as long
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
I know modern games have this fetish for bloom, but this is a bit much
>>
>>288618526
>Halo fans used to trash COD because

I don't remember Halo fans trashing COD for that. At the time of Halo 3 it was COD4 as competition. People started trashing COD around MW2/MW3 and black ops.
>>
File: f.jpg (260KB, 1286x748px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
f.jpg
260KB, 1286x748px
pro
>>
>>288618925
Shit nigga what'd you do?
>>
>>288619013
thats just a camera shot you pleb
>>
>>288619197
did i say it wasnt bitch
>>
>>288618914
For game that's been out for so long, 1200 players isn't bad.
>>
>>288618343
Except halo 4's visual design was fantastic except for a few things they fucked up (a lot of the new UNSC guns don't match the aesehtetic, and spartan/elite armor was trash, but not as universally bad as people say, but other then that 343 did a fucking stellar job as far as the art side goes), they've done a damn good job with the lore outside of the bullshit in halo 4 which I agree was pretty bad in terms of choices they made.

>weapons have been on the map in FPS games since FPS became a genre.
And go ahead and name how many FPS games have them on the map still. Not many.

>>288618376
I play halo because I enjoy the gameplay, the lore, and the visuals and music. Halo 5 still felt like halo from my time in the beta, and I fucking had fun with it. My only major issue with it was the killtimes were a little too fast, and it felt far more like COD or BF because of that then because of clamber or the other bullshit, and even then it was even barely similar.

Like, you can dislike those mechanics, but dislike them because they have a negative impact on th gameplay, not because this other game you hate also has them. I dsilike the ADS shit because it makes 0 sense in the context of the lore, and because there's a delay from normal to having the scope up, and because it's more visually distracting and the DMR scope has glare. Those are all valid reasons to dislike the mechanic.

Just whining because CoD also has it is just dumb. Where would video games be as a medium if games never borrowed mechanics? Fighting games not having combos? FPS games without having freelook? RPG games without character creation? I know those are pretty different, but the point remains.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (646KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.jpg
646KB, 1920x1080px
>>288619048

Nothing, just seems this map has an overkill bloom effect
>>
>>288619197
>>288619013
How do I freeroam with the camera
>>
>>288619464
Except it doesn't
>>
>>288619464
I've played that map and the worst I get is some weird lighting bugs on the gun model, nothing that bad. Have you tried restarting?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (699KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.jpg
699KB, 1920x1080px
>>288619464

And this one

beta is beta?
>>
CONSOLE CONFIRMED http://i.minus.com/ibc7KW25RPVKCI.gif
>>
>>288619678
>>288619464
Turn down your brightness retard
>>
>>288619685
>http://i.minus.com/ibc7KW25RPVKCI.gif
i see nothing about console
>>
File: 1407293217240.jpg (68KB, 686x582px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407293217240.jpg
68KB, 686x582px
>>288619816
>>
>>288619778

I did, to 0

It does nothing in game
>>
File: Shenmue.png (142KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shenmue.png
142KB, 500x500px
>yfw Halo CE 3.0 is actually happening
>>
>>288619398
>they've done a damn good job with the lore outside of the bullshit in halo 4
You gotta be fucking joking.
As of 343
>ONI is now evil for no reason
>the entire universe is against Halsey over the Spartan II program, including Mendez, who fucking trained them
>Rookie is dead
>Mickey is a rebel because he didn't want to shoot humans, so now he shoots humans
>the rest of the ODST gang are Spartan 4s
>ONI started a civil war on Sanghelios because lolidunno
>Forerunners now REFERRED to themselves as Forerunners
>Humans made the Flood and were capable of space travel
>despite doing that, the Forerunners somehow deemed humans worthy of the mantle of responsibility, which they would not have done and thus make the series one big contradiction
>Halo would never have been built
>the series should not exist

>And go ahead and name how many FPS games have them on the map still. Not many.
It's easier to name the few that don't. It's really just CoD, TF2, CSGO, and Battlefield.
>>
kek I love the ragdolls
>>
>>288619816
more like the console where you enter commands like command prompt
>>
File: 2015-03-27_00027.jpg (483KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2015-03-27_00027.jpg
483KB, 1920x1080px
>>288619678

You're clearly doing something wrong, or your rig is.
>>
>>288594423
autist nerd detected
>>
>>288620040
oh, yea thats old news. you can just edit that setting in your files
>>
>>288619398
>Whining because COD also has it is just dumb

I think you're misinterpreting why people are complaining. People are complaining because it's unnecessary changes that affect gameplay and take away from what makes Halo unique.

Simply slapping on everything any competition has takes away from the core gameplay, not enhances it. During the time of Halo 3, adding in mobile MGs and rocket launchers was something that didn't take away from core gameplay or alter it unnecessarily. People like you do not seem to comprehend this. It's the reason why Pokemon is so successful. They keep the core the same while introducing elements that don't drastically change how you play. Meanwhile Halo 5 is Halo parkour edition. Maybe next they'll add in some Assassins Creed assassinations.
>>
>>288619957
>>Forerunners now REFERRED to themselves as Forerunners
I assumed that was due to whatever auto translation thing the UNSC use, I doubt the covvies were meant to be shouting in english.
>>
Multiplayer when.
>>
>>288594423
>console scum
I guess this is what autism looks like
>>
>>288619398
I enjoyed Halo 5's beta immensely. There were a few issues like bullet magnetism and a few (subjective) gripes with callouts and what not. However, I don't understand why people are criticizing things that don't hurt the flow or mechanics of the games. With Halo 4, everything implemented into it directly marred to flow of arena style gameplay, so the fact that it is largely hated is understandable. Bullet spread on the magnum wasn't an issue in Combat evolved, but now all the sudden it is with Halo 5 because fans of the series like to shit on it for not being a rehash of Halo 2 and 3. I think Halo 5, while not perfect, is heading in the right direction in comparison to Halo 4. Not only that but I think the beta played better than pretty much every modern fps that's been out for the past 5 or so years. Call me what you will, but I look forward to having fun with Halo 5's multiplayer.
>>
>>288620190
>Maybe next they'll add in some Assassins Creed assassinations.
Already have them. Use ADS while in the air.

>>288620225
The Librarian and Didact say it.
>>
>>288594670
You're a retard, they're only releasing it in Russia because F2P is huge there, and The One doesn't have a sizable market share there.
It would likely lose money here
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 202x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 202x400px
Post yfw all the mods that the community is gonna make on this thing
>>
>>288620190
>Assassins Creed assassinations.
been around since Reach

sometimes I wonder if people even played the series
>>
>stuck on black screen
Guess my toaster's toast
>>
>>288620001
i see they still have the magnetic head to couch feature from halo 3 intact
>>
>>288619398
>Just whining because CoD also has it is just dumb. Where would video games be as a medium if games never borrowed mechanics? Fighting games not having combos? FPS games without having freelook? RPG games without character creation? I know those are pretty different, but the point remains.

A different anon here but while it's definitely important not to lag behind the genre, it is also important not to sacrifice the game's uniqueness lest it becomes one of the nameless horde (see the AoE, C&C and SC clones played straight back in the golden era of RTS games and how many got even a few days in the spotlight).
>>
>>288619957
Fucking this. I quit on Halo 4. I played that shit throughout Christmas then I was done. I couldn't stand the destruction of all the lore. It was disgusting.
>>
>>288620001
how many PC players teabag? or is that just a console thing?
>>
>>288620403
So you're saying Reach allowed you to jump from the sky and implant your gun into people's heads?

Reach has backstabbing. If you want to consider that the same, well then okay.

>>288619398

>Where would video games be as a medium if games never borrowed mechanics? Fighting games not having combos? FPS games without having freelook?

I forgot to respond to this part. You're comparing major elements that define those genres to unnecessary parkour and ads? When we have games without these elements that thrive gameplay wise. I don't think you truly understand what evolution of gameplay is.
>>
>>288620749
I sat down with some friends one time and played through the game, stopping every time a line that was "wrong" was said.
Needless to say, we found a way to play a powerpoint.
>>
>>288619957
>ONI is now evil for no reason
ONI has always been extremely morally questionable, making them villains isn't a bad choice.

>the entire universe is against Halsey over the Spartan II program, including Mendez, who fucking trained them
ONI is using her as a scapegoat, and even then, the team o people they put together speffically because they hate her or would end up hating her debated if her actions were justified. Mendez Doesn't hate her, he harbors regrets now later in life for participating in something really morally gray earlier in life. You know this sort of shit happens all the time in real life with people in wars, right?

>Rookie is dead
So what if the rookie is dead? If he was alive, then he'd be an S4, and then he'd lose the only interesting thing he'd have going for him, which is being a badass NON SPARTAN. He's a silent character in a spin off game who has basically 0 personality and had little to no chance of ever showing up again. Anything interesting them could do with him from a narrative point of view would have happened before now in the lorw anyways, and they can always explore that sort of stuff, such as how he became an ODST.

>Mickey is a rebel because he didn't want to shoot humans, so now he shoots humans
The mickey thing is dumb, I don't disagree there

>the rest of the ODST gang are Spartan 4s
No fucking shit, what's the point in keeping ODST's around when S4's are capable of the same things but are better?

>ONI started a civil war on Sanghelios because lolidunno
You mean like we did in Afghanistan and the middle east in general back in the 80's and 90's by arming the mujaheddin? They are mirrioring real life events. Yes, ONI should have saw it backfiring, but that sort of plan of arming issurgents for a region you want destabilized has a lot of precedence in real life warfare. The conquistadors did it when they invaded the americas to get native allies to help take down the aztecs, for instance.

1/3
>>
any ones else weapons flash colors
>>
>>288620802
I only teabag if someone was talking shit.
>>
>>288620831
I stopped on the second mission. I also couldn't stand just how much Master Chief was talking.
They were giving him full blown dialogue.
>>
>>288620856
yes, just bad lighting engine. look at your shadow when you walk around too
>>
File: 66432543455678.jpg (152KB, 958x784px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
66432543455678.jpg
152KB, 958x784px
>>288620375
>>
>>288620854
>ODST
>Rookie
>0 Personality
stopped reading right there.
>>
File: IMG_0378-.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0378-.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>288594101

Thank god to whoever making this game, now i can enjoy MCC on my Xbone without you fags crying for a PC port.
>>
>>288620854
>Mirroring real life events makes it okay
It doesn't fit the lore
America had "Justifications" unlike ONI
>mirroring the cold war era of human history to a fucking video game where I'm a supersoldier in space fighting ancient aliens
How to not make a game 101
>>
>>288594678

That's now how you spell Beaver Creek.
>>
>>288619957
>>288620854

>Forerunners now REFERRED to themselves as Forerunners
As another anon said, I always assumed that was jut the instant translation thing the forerunners had, as mentioned in ghosts of onyx, the halo 3 terminals, and halo reach.

>Humans made the Flood and were capable of space travel
I can totally understand how this bothered people and annoyed them, but I personally liked the twist that humanity was a separate galactic superpower. It explains a lot of the incoistences, such as other ancient ruins that weren't forerunner ones, among other things.

Again, I don't blame you for disliking this, but there's nothing objectivly bad here. Also, humans didn't make the flood, did you finish reading the forerunner books?

>despite doing that, the Forerunners somehow deemed humans worthy of the mantle of responsibility, which they would not have done and thus make the series one big contradiction
Again, did you finish reading the forerunner books?

>Halo would never have been built
>the series should not exist
I don't see how this relates to anything.

Also, I guess it only took me two posts.

>>288621041
He LITERALLY had 0 personality other then the fact he was an ODST. We don't know anything else about him, he doesn't have any lines, we don't know what he's like as a person, etc.

You can be upset that he's dead, but trying to imply he had any narrative worth at all is you being in denial.
>>
>>288620806
So you're saying Reach allowed you to jump from the sky and implant your gun into people's heads?

yeah it did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibOaHnPtCY
>>
File: 1392530485311.png (268KB, 361x691px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392530485311.png
268KB, 361x691px
>>288621102
>halo 4 wallpapers
>>
>>288621102
>now i can enjoy MCC on my Xbone without you fags crying for a PC port.
But if you wanted to do that you'd be playing MCC instead of posting on /b/
>>
>>288594678
>>288594736
>playing maps where you are literally required to be in a vehicle at all times
>>
>>288621331
>being this bad at Halo that you hate the best maps Custom Edition has to offer
>>
>>288620854
>ONI has always been extremely morally questionable, making them villains isn't a bad choice.
It's done for no reason other than muh gubment. Their intentions are not stated. They're just doing evil stuff, but are for no reason supposed to be morally superior to Halsey's choices. It's just the writer inserting their bias.
>ONI is using her...
But the SII program is not public. Hell, they're killing Chief in 5 to silence the existence o the program. It's just that everyone that knew of it suddenly despises it for no reason. Mendez showed up recently and yelled at Halsey for it on "How could you do this to them?" even though he was there, day 1.
>He's a silent character in a spin off game who has basically 0 personality and had little to no chance of ever showing up again.
He had tons of personality in ODST through pantomiming. Dude had a girlfriend, respect, and a future. Hell, even going the ONI route, it should have been Rookie hunting Chief instead of OC Locke.
>No fucking shit, what's the point in keeping ODST's around when S4's are capable of the same things but are better?
Because we only have the writer's word that 4s are better. We have leagues of stories about IIs, IIIs, and ODST doing impossible feats, just barely scraping through. 4s are just magically better, stat-wise, and that's it. It's why everyone hates Palmer. She does nothing, but is superior to Chief, according to Traviss.
>You mean like we did in Afghanistan etc...
Except we had reason to do that. ONI has no stated reason to do it. NOTHING is gained, not even resources. A civil war was just started because we needed an antagonist.
>As another anon said, I always assumed that was jut the instant translation thing the forerunners had, as mentioned in ghosts of onyx, the halo 3 terminals, and halo reach.
It's now their canon species name. That's the problem. They called themselves the Forerunners, as we call ourselves Humans, and the Precursors called themselves the Precursors.
>>
>>288621437
>best maps
>not listing tensity
What a shitty list, m8.
>>
>>288621262
>He LITERALLY had 0 personality other then the fact he was an ODST. We don't know anything else about him, he doesn't have any lines, we don't know what he's like as a person, etc.
You see some personality in the cutscenes
People are mad because why kill off a good side character for no reason?
not even in a game at that, just for a shitty book
>>
File: IMG_0375.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0375.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>288621283

>But if you wanted to do that you'd be playing MCC instead of posting on /b/
>/b/

I knew that where alot of the shit posters like you came from.

>you'd be playing MCC instead of posting

Why can't i do both?
>>
>>288621262
>Also, humans didn't make the flood, did you finish reading the forerunner books?
According to a waypoint video, the Precursor floodification was retconned into humans making Flood through experiments, then fleeing using space travel they magically had.
However, the humans gathered for Halo repopulation were neanderthals. This is never explained.
>Again, did you finish reading the forerunner books?
I did. But 343 rectonned it. That's the problem. The retcon makes less sense than the original explanation.
>I don't see how this relates to anything.
Forerunners built Halo to atone for their sins. As they no longer made the Flood by challenging the Precursors to a dickwaving contest, they would not have built Halo to atone for sins they did not commit. Thus, Halo as a series would not have happened.
>He LITERALLY had 0 personality other then the fact he was an ODST. We don't know anything else about him, he doesn't have any lines, we don't know what he's like as a person, etc.
I JUST replayed ODST. Dude has tons of personality. Even just the way he plays with things, like spinning and throwing the IED charge, or petting the Gauss Turret.
>>
>>288620802

If you don't teabag you're a shitter
>>
>>288621581
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. /v/ermin are far worse than any /b/ poster.
>>
>Halo Online comes out
>Only in Russia
>A metric fuck ton of people are disappointed
>Windows 10 release date announced
>"Hey, you guys remember Halo: Online? We didn't bring it to NA or EU because we knew the P2W stuff wouldn't sell well in those markets. Have this instead."
>Halo 3 brought over to Win10 as just a straight port
>>
>>288620190
>>288620554
>>288619398
And I understand that, but I disagree that adding in clambering for instance is bad and takes away form it. Ordinance/killstreaks and perks like in halo 4? Definitely, and I was not okay with that being the default in halo 4. It should have been relagated to a single playlist or special gamemode, if that.

The only change in halo 5 I think crosses that line is the ADS shit, and even with that it's a minor annoyance at most.

Also, I know we are talking about halo 5 right now, but people whining about it being in Halo online are even more off base since this is a spin off game that is intended to have different mechanics.

>>288620269
Exactly.

>>288621545
He had some, but barely any. I don't deny that killing him of was unnecessary, but we didn't really lose anything in the process, either, so in the end it doesn't really matter. And so what if it wasn't in a game? What difference does it make?

The only things lore wise I really think 343 have goofed up is the entire plot of 4 in general (the UNSC finding requim so quickly, the fact that it wasn't just john and cortana lone fighting off the wildlife and forerunner AI, the fact that they just blew up requim at the end of spartan ops because why the fuck not, the fact they retconned the size of the foward unto dawn, cortana's rapmancy being handled worse then in 3, fucking nanomachines changing cheif's armor etc), and the horrible illogical pretext for the forerunner human war in the forerunner books.

Evolutions was fantastic, legends ranged from great to meh, the travis books are decent, and get way too much hate, the new ODST novella is good, and I've heard great things about broken circle.
>>
>>288622020
>implying microshit has the ability or the will to ever do anything good that their customers want
>>
>>288601248

>Based Satsuki
>>
>>288621808
>According to a waypoint video, the Precursor floodification was retconned into humans making Flood through experiments, then fleeing using space travel they magically had.
>However, the humans gathered for Halo repopulation were neanderthals. This is never explained.
I always interpreted that waypoint video as hiding the actual explanation for people to find out by reading the forerunner books.

>Forerunners built Halo to atone for their sins.
And to kill off the flood. it was both a hari kiri and a last ditch effort. Also, they still did commit a sin: in their arrogance, they fucked up the mantle by being prideful dicks to humanity, themelsves, and the precursors. The sin was never creating the flood.

>Even just the way he plays with things, like spinning and throwing the IED charge, or petting the Gauss Turret.
This is the one area I admit he showed some of it, but it's still barely anything. see
>>288622225

>He had some, but barely any. I don't deny that killing him of was unnecessary, but we didn't really lose anything in the process, either, so in the end it doesn't really matter. And so what if it wasn't in a game? What difference does it make?

Also, had he lived, he'd become an S4, and then people would have bitched about that instead.
>>
File: no-thanks.jpg (24KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
no-thanks.jpg
24KB, 640x360px
>>288622020
>windows 10
>>
>>288622225
characters introduced in the games all die in the games
Johnson, Spark, Halo Reach, Keys etc.
>>
>>288622727
>Guilty Spark
>dead
>>
>>288622020
Why would you want a straight port of Halo 3 anyway? It wasnt as good as 2 and it looks like shit.
>>
>>288622727
I guess that's a pattern? But there's no point in following it.

Maybe that's just me because I see halo as a crossmedia franchise instead of solely a video game one. I got into halo by playing CE at a friends house in like in late 2002 to early 2004, and then getting the books, then finally getting an xbox and halo 2 when it came out, so my first real experience with it was the books, not the games.
>>
>>288622628
Windows 10 is good though anon
>>
>>288614902
Does this have >>288601542 built into it already?
>>
>>288622614
>I always interpreted that waypoint video as hiding the actual explanation for people to find out by reading the forerunner books.
It's a video narrated by the librarian. She said something along the lines of "[The humans] were running from their own creation; the Flood."
>And to kill off the flood
4 established that they could have killed the Flood without using Halo, and with less effort and less lives lost.
> Also, they still did commit a sin: in their arrogance, they fucked up the mantle by being prideful dicks to humanity, themelsves, and the precursors. The sin was never creating the flood.
First off, yes, the Flood was their sin. That was the entire point of Halo. They fucked up. And if you're going to say that they're doing it because of the Mantle, then you have to accept that they would never leave the Mantle to irresponsible lifeforms such as humans who made the Flood in the first place. Which retcons the entire franchise. The teleporter to the Ark would never have been left on Earth, etc.
>This is the one area I admit he showed some of it, but it's still barely anything.
Go over to /tv/ and make a thread arguing that Charlie Chaplin had no personality because he didn't talk. I'll wait.
>Also, had he lived, he'd become an S4, and then people would have bitched about that instead.
Because "loleveryone becomes S4s" is fucking dumb and shits all over the lore as to why the UNSC was as divided as it was in terms of jobs. Otherwise, everyone would have been Spartan IIIs. Everyone suddenly being 4s makes no sense.
>>
HИКOГДA-HИКOГДA

GET REKT WESTCUCKS
>>
>>288601542

Call me ignorant, but do we just drop this .dll into the main directory? Do I not have to run the FreeLoader with this?
Thread posts: 462
Thread images: 72


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v /